Landing Platform B21-R

Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Landing Platform B21-R

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm

A relatively non-descript platform attached to one of the Kamino facilities with the designed purpose of holding spacecraft. As with the inherent theme found in Kaminoan architecture, the platform was round; forming a level, circular area that could hold mid-sized freighters with ample room to spare. Fuelling and maintenance equipment are eloquently hidden within the platform when they are not in use. And, like everything on the water-world needs to be, the entire platform and it's contents are water and rust proof, and designed to drain liquids suitably to prevent the surface from becoming excessively slippery. Usually.
"Not all who wander are lost..." - J.R.R. Tolkien
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Landing Platform B21-R

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:27 pm

ooc: continued from here.

Despite the particularly turbulent atmosphere that evening, a freighter lands in one piece at it's prescribed landing spot. The rain is heavy even by Kaminoan standards, and, as the Phronesis touches down, several beings are already waiting including a particular cloaked and hooded individual who was not a member of the native population.
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:06 am

ooc: continued from the Phronesis cockpit.

Jas stepped off the Phronesis boarding ramp and out into the stormy weather of the platform. Despite the intense amount of rain and wind, the ancient Jedi was not wearing his outer cloak nor even the hood of his robes. Indeed, as he walked towards the group waiting to greet the two seers it was as if the weather was nonexistent for him. The rain beaded up and rolled off his flowing robes in a pouring cascade and the trails of his tabbard that reached the ground did not soak up the small flood trying to form on the platform. If it weren't for the water physically on his clothes and how incredibly drenched his hair quickly became, it would have appeared that his robes were bone dry.

The ever-present aura of peace radiated from the blind Watchman, but was also accompanied by a quiet authority that spoke of a certain protectiveness over the raven-haired daughter behind him. The Jedi Councillor bowed his head slightly in greetings at the small welcoming party and stopped a few meters from them. His soft voice carried a deep familiarity and a warm-hearted smile played across his lips in stark contrast to the ferocity of the storm about him.

"Hello there, old friend. I trust everything has been going well?"
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Unknown Speaker

Post by Unknown Speaker » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Standing with the Kaminoan group waiting for the Phronesis' crew was an individual clothed in soft brownish robes of a similar fabric to the ones Jas wore. The rain rolled off the folds of cloth; cloth that covered the one wearing them in a way that hid all features underneath. Apart from a slim build and perhaps a general idea of height, no other identifiable traits were discernible. It was as if the individual was avoiding the remotest chance of even starlight breaking through the heavy storm and shining on exposed flesh.

The voice that came from within the darkened hood was most likely male, though it was even softer than Jas'. It was also distinctly more airy and lower in pitch than the ancient Jedi's, but carried a similar yet stronger gentleness and not-quite-so-pronounced peace, and a hint of similar-sounding "wisdom" that would seem to suggest the two have spent an incredible amount of time around one another. With a deep bow of respect, the Unknown Speaker returns greetings to the blind Watchman.

"Greetings, Grandmaster. It is very good to see you again. The first three directives have already commenced. The second objective is still under research. And there have been reports of everything remaining stable for the most part, but phantom hints at future issues... And, how is she?"
Rain

Post by Rain » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:48 am

Unlike Jas, the Speaker, and the Kaminoans, the pale young woman's grey clothing was not immune to the storming downpour around them. Rain she may be, but she was a desert creature in truth, and was swiftly drenched. She didn't mind.

Shaking her head slightly to toss a lock of damp black hair from her face, the smallest, and perhaps youngest, occupant of the platform held her backpack closer to herself, stayed nearer to Jas than the Kaminoans, and was content simply to watch and listen at this time. Neither the shrouded figure himself nor his words for Jas came as any surprise to the seventeen year old, yet she reflected that she hadn't encountered this man since she was a child. Perspectives changed in time, and she had more understanding than she once did. Knowledge was more elusive... But, she knew that sometimes it was alright to feel instinct and then leave the thought alone in her mind until it came clear on its own; if it did. Not everything had to be Known.
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:16 pm

"That is good to hear. As for the phantoms..."

A knowing smile crept it's way into Jas' expression in a way that although he was facing away from Rain, she likely would be able to sense it. His voice carried a thoughtfulness and quiet confidence, though it may also have been apparent to those with keep enough senses that the topic was dire in nature.

"... I think that when the time is right they will be aptly dealt with."

The blind Watchman then silently closed his eyes, inhaled slowly, and looked towards the stars. A deeper sense of calmness wafted off him, yet certain few who knew the Jedi well enough might also be able to pick up on a deep, specific longing. Rarely had the sense of "ancient" been so apparent, and Jas seemed extremely distant for a while. What may have been some time later, or merely only a couple heartbeats, he exhaled and softly responded.

"She is surviving well enough, though there has been little change..."
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Rain

Post by Rain » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:26 pm

A trace of a smile crept to the pale young woman's lips while she watched the conversation before her. It was faint and there was sadness in it, but it was a very real smile. Deepest ebony eyes sparkled just a bit, whether from tears, rainwater, or something else. She was still kept her head raised to watch the others despite the storm, standing like a quietly breathing statue in the rain.

It could be like that. Sometimes.
Unknown Speaker

Post by Unknown Speaker » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:22 pm

To those that could see, a deepening smile could be known. Encouragement, mixed with deep honour and words not needed to be spoken. An unseen gaze turned towards Rain as the hooded figures head bowed in warm greetings. The soft voice spoke more of an observed statement than an exclamation.

"You people grow up so quickly. How are you, Rain?"
Rain

Post by Rain » Sat May 01, 2010 4:27 pm

Rain tilted her head just slightly to one side as she regarded the Speaker. Strands of her soaked hair whipped around her in the wind, and her ebony eyes watched him reflectively. Her expression was a measuring one, calm and perhaps inquisitive, with remembrances of older times to compare with the dynamics of here and now.

"I'm wet," she replied, nodding and looking up into his cowled features. She stayed near to Jas and held close to her small backpack, eyes glinting a little.

"I think I'm good."
Unknown Speaker

Post by Unknown Speaker » Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 pm

"I am glad you think so."

The figure turned to one of the Kaminoans, who nodded back. A couple techs began going over the ship and preparing for refuelling. A third stood ready with some type of scanning equipment, looked at Jas, then Rain, then Jas once more before finally looking at the Speaker with them. It opened it's mouth as if to say something, then closed it upon the unwavering return gaze it likely picked up from under the deep hood and almost hastily - warily, as if suddenly remembering something obvious - looked down at a data pad and began silently checking off notes. It wasn't that there was any threatening nature about the aliens upon the platform - quite the opposite, in fact - it was simply understood that with these individuals, certain things were "unnecessary." The old friend of Jas turned back to the visitors with a thoughtfully smiling demeanour.

"Perhaps soon you will know. Would the two of you like to see the facilities in person or will standing in the rain suffice?"
Rain

Post by Rain » Fri May 21, 2010 10:09 pm

The young woman's ebony-black eyes shifted about those on the platform, lingering on each of the Kaminoans in turn for a moment or two before she'd quietly move on to the next. She'd nodded acknowledgement to the Speaker's 'perhaps', a pale ghost of a smile lighting on her lips at the softness and unspoken warmth she could sense. When the cowled figure asked his question, the slight seventeen year old remained wordless for another second or few. Through the sheets of rainfall around then, she glanced to survey the well lit, dry, cloning facilities with their entrance at the far side of the landing pad, and then up to the face of the ever-peaceful Grandmaster beside her.

"We don't need to go inside," she turned back to the Speaker and answered him so that he'd have the best opportunity to hear her soft voice in the gale.

"But if either of you want to, we can."
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Tue May 25, 2010 7:46 pm

The ancient Watchman smiled down at the raven-haired - and very wet - daughter standing near him. The rain fell steadily around and on all those occupying the platform, with no sign of stopping anytime soon. Without looking up at his old friend, the soft words managed to cut through the downpour surprisingly well.

"If we can see perfectly fine from here, it may be better than going inside. Though, this facility is not as large as the other one over there."

His hand stretched out to the side, pointing to where some lights could just barely be made out through the rain; lights that must be from a relatively large complex to be seen in the storm.
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Unknown Speaker

Post by Unknown Speaker » Tue May 25, 2010 7:54 pm

From underneath the deep hood laughter could almost be felt. One of the Kaminoans gave the trio a quizzical look, but then decided it was perhaps best to busy itself with it's current task.

"Yes, they are both very much alike, only this unit is about a tenth the size. They're basically using the same systems, but with twenty times less equipment in this one... what do you think of it, Rain?"
Rain

Post by Rain » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:55 pm

'What do you think of it, Rain?'

The thoughtful, soft-spoken, question had been gently reverberating through her mind for several moments now. If one was being technical about such things, Rain had been starting to consider her answer for the Speaker since about thirteen seconds before his initial question on whether or not she and Jas would like to go inside to see the facilities. He had asked her in the now, though. Because of this, it was in the now that the small young woman responded by quietly seating herself cross-legged on the drenched surface of the landing platform. She shifted her pack protectively onto her lap, flicked a soaked lock of hair away from where it felt itchy on her forehead, and closed her eyes because water was getting into them. She let the current of her thoughts flow as it would for what, to her perception, was a relatively short, but still long-enough little while.

Cloning. Of course that was what they did on Kamino. And, at this facility of all places, it would be… not something unkind. Definitely not.

People had lives… Clones were included in that. She'd encountered enough of them to See for herself that each of their threads had some place in the patterns just like anyone's did.

But, choices. Did they get those, too? The adolescent shifted uncomfortably, not much liking the veins of thought that washed over her. She smiled once at a child's small hand, almost laughed aloud (but didn't) at the contagious joy of his first swim during training. Rain took in a cool, damp, breath while pasts and presents flared within her and the storm continued without.

For a moment, she tensed and felt trapped. Unmoving, enclosed in a small space, and it made her deeply uncomfortable. They didn't mind it though. In the pasts and the presents for them, it felt... normal, and it was fine. Perfectly safe, and they knew it. They were learning, growing... It was just Rain who minded.

'Eight minutes.'

A fleeting wave of 'something', sensation, memory, or other, seared through her system—

The world changed. Soundless, wordless, change. Futile panic took over everything there was, but it couldn't compete with the world changing. Even most of the murmurs were gone, except for the rhythm. That beat was faster. And this Difference was... more. More worse than the last time. Was there a last time? There was a This time. There there was no name or description for the change, but it WAS NOT LIKED. It was part of existence; inescapable and undeniable until the end.

—The seventeen year old's ebony eyes swiftly flashed open as she shook the thought and the latest rainwater away from herself.

(Breathe, it's okay.)

Shh.

'What do you think of it, Rain?'

"I think that they're okay," she murmured in one of her quieter tones and shifted slowly back up to standing, slightly turning to meet the unseen gaze the Speaker's. She still kept near to Jas, not looking at the father at all, but possibly only because she didn't need to.

"I don't think I like it very much... but I don't think they mind. And... It fits."

She gave a small shrug of her shoulders and glanced back to the facility, calling up little memories of the small hand, and a smile, and the acceptance. Even if the walls looked a little too white. It was okay.

"It's not a bad thing here."
Unknown Speaker

Post by Unknown Speaker » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:21 pm

He nodded at Rain's comments before pausing for a moment. A quiet, thoughtful exhale could possibly just barely be made out from under the hood. The words that followed conveyed the warm smile that was still very present, and certainly genuine.

"No, I would not expect you to like it, dear child. It is not meant for Rain; you are different than these individuals and, you are right, it does fit them. I am glad you do not find it to be a bad thing; it is their path. They are like multitudes of identical twins: sharing the same DNA and birth; incredibly similar, and yet each an individual being of their own right. The caterpillar does not choose if it will go into the cocoon or not, nor does it fear the chrysalis; that is simply a part of who it is. You and I may find being wrapped up for an extended period of time incredibly uncomfortable and extremely claustrophobic. To them the sleep may contain many unknowns, but is understood to be a part of their growth. It allows for their existence, and the chance to one day soar when their time arrives."
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 pm

As his old friend finished speaking, the father closed his eyes in the downpour, and gently released himself to the Force. He stretched out and focused his awareness to the presences within the building next to the landing platform. Peace radiated out in soft waves as he followed and flowed with the Force. The blind Watchman was quite practised at it: the Force sustained him; peace in the Force was his existence. Yet the Force was so incredibly vast and infinite; any with a hypersensitivity to it could easily be overwhelmed if they had not foundation within the vast array.

Jas slipped deeper into a searching meditation, remaining rooted in his existence as time became meaningless. The water that plummeted from the sky came to a standstill in the air. And then he moved. Not physically, nor did he abandon his anchor, but his consciousness calmly and adeptly searched through the web and twines in the Force. Seeking, exploring. An increase in difficulty from not knowing what he was looking for until he found it; as opposed to the relative ease of having a target to search for directly. Echoes. Mirrors the same and yet each bearing uniquities. Focus on the differences to see. One, two, three; found.

Jas returned to the now, gently rising from the depths of his meditative presence. The rain resumed where it had left off, water pouring over his face as he reopened his all-white eyes. In contrast to the anger of the physical storm about them, a peaceful smile rested upon his expression. He watched Rain and the Speaker for a few moments before his lips parted way for the soft voice once more.

"In that building there are many individuals. Several Kaminoans, and, of course, the others. Seemingly few, yet the multitude all individuals. Stretch out, Rain, and locate three specifically. One that calls himself a name completely unlike any others. I'll give you a hint; it starts with 'B'. Another may get sick in the next three months while everyone else remains infection-free. What sickness does he get? The third... chooses a different path of his own completely unrelated to his training."

The aura of peace about the ancient Jedi became increasingly steadfast. Both it and his voice were filled with incredible amounts of reassurance and confidence. Jas actively focused his presence to function as an anchor; a beacon of gentle light in the vast ocean of the Force. He closed his eyes once more and concentrated on limiting his presence to the now; restricting the visibility of the plethora of threads and tangents he bore in the Force.

"I am right here. Focus on my presence; anchor yourself to it, and narrow your attention on the complex. I am right here; hold steadfast and let the torrents flow past you instead of tossing you as they please. Relax, and move your awareness to that which you seek. I am right here."
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Rain

Post by Rain » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:37 am

'No, I would not expect you to like it, dear child. It is not meant for Rain; you are different than these individuals and, you are right, it does fit them.'

'In that building there are many individuals… Stretch out, Rain, and locate three specifically.'

"IThey are like multitudes of identical twins: sharing the same DNA and birth; incredibly similar, and yet each an individual being of their own right.

<<Peace…>>

<<…Always peace.>>

'Focus on my presence. Hold steadfast and let the torrents flow past you instead of tossing you as they please.'

Shh…

'The caterpillar does not choose if it will go into the cocoon or not, nor does it fear the chrysalis; that is simply a part of who it is.'

(Breathe in.)

'I am right here.'

The rain fell down on her hands and hair and skin. Whether she felt like a desert creature or not, the water felt good today. The soft voices ran together in her mind, just like always, and there was the faintest trace of smile on her lips while she listened and picked them apart.

'It allows for their existence, and the chance to one day soar when their time arrives.'

'Stretch out, Rain.'

The task that the father had given her was difficult and intuitive all at the same time. It didn't feel overwhelming, but she knew very well that there were some ways that it could be. In the here and now, it felt a little like a challenge. For all of her depth, or quietness, or solemnity, there was a part of dark eyed young woman who was still much younger than most people could sometimes remember. Jas had surely seen that side of her even in the very recent past, and it might or might not have surprised the Speaker. The Kaminoans may or may not have even been fully listening to the conversation anymore. But whatever happened, in the here and today, that subtle suggestion of a challenge made Rain feel competitive. Storm-winds continued whipping around her (none so roughly that they threatened to knock her down), and reflections of the lightning over the sky flashed and sparkled in the deep pools of her eyes.

The rains didn't stop when she moved, and her move was more of a 'jump'. Suddenly the pale young woman was a raindrop. She was in the sky, speeding towards the dark surface below her with a rush that only increased as she fell. She was falling, but she was flying, and the ground zoomed closer and closer to meet her. The raindrop met the rising surface with a splash and a ping, and her perceptions shattered into a thousand tiny droplets. The pale girl in the storm's hand snaked suddenly out to catch the ready arm of the blind watchman. He was right there beside her.

She was a ship on the sea near the steady lighthouse, and a gull in the air. Time meant nothing while the thousand droplets diffused into the sea itself, or the flash and the age where she became the Sea. The sea surface rose to a mist on the winds, and the mists to a cool white fog. Deep grey stormclouds collected with their sisters in the sky, and her flickering thoughts played catch with the lightning. Lightning struck with a thunderclap, and she was Rain standing in the center of the complex building. Black eyelashes fluttered up to reveal the brightness around her. She watched, and she looked, and she listened now.

There were yesterdays and todays and tomorrows, but this time they were mists and she was the tree in the center. She sent roots anchoring deep in the soft steady brightness of here and now. In the rain, on the landing platform, the pale young woman's right hand may have been clasping the sleeve of the Watchman's wrist somewhat painfully.

Misty, but clear, beings went about the lives they'd lived and could live all around her. The name 'Buster Kadabra' caused her to smirk a bit playfully when she suddenly shared it aloud, although the nearly-laughter was only there to see in her mind. Here and now on the platform, the very drenched young woman was not a tree, and she was getting cold. Rain didn't mind that. Her verbal voice was simply quiet like she always was.

About seven weeks from tonight's stormy evening, she found the second man ill to his own good-natured chagrin, and to the mild intrigue of the physician beside him who asked the same question that Rain did. The man and the physician moved forwards into their delicately balanced mist, but the tree at the center moved backwards. She found the strand she was searching for, and borrowed the pattern of a curling grape vine from a day in the garden with her adoptive mother when she was nine. One twist of the Force twined out along the thread like a pale green tendril on a wire trellis. 'Backwards' became 'forwards' as soon as she turned, because the Shatterpoint was there in front of her, much brighter than the possibilities that came after.

"Spontaneous allergy,"
the girl on the platform murmured, her cold fingertips still tight around Jas' sleeve.

"To... flour?" She wasn't a medic. "Something in the bread made it that way... Hard to know why, but that happens sometimes."
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:34 pm

The rain fell, the winds grew colder as the evening passed, but Jas was there, unyielding to the storm. He kept his beacon steadfast for the daughter searching through the mists. He did not rock when she suddenly grasped at his wrist, nor did he falter when the pressure on his sleeve increased. The healer knew, in a distant consciousness, that there would be bruising. But that was not an element of his focus in the here and now; the pain was simply part of the process, and it was perfectly okay.

He was focused, inward. Yet the mention of "Buster Kadabra" caused a smile to crack at the corners of the concentrating Watchman's mouth. More specific waves of encouragement and approval radiated to the young seer next to him. Jas sensed the feeling of competitiveness from within Rain, and a subtle smile of amusement arose within the father in response, though he kept it buried deep to avoid distraction.

The second target was found, and Rain murmured her discovery through the downpour. Jas' voice, likewise, murmured out a response in the storm. The words were not powerful, but the raven-haired young woman would perhaps be able to make them out nonetheless, should she be listening to the physical in the now.

"Gluten allergy. A complex set of causes. The body is constantly in motion; it happened to have all the factors randomly align to create the reaction."
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Rain

Post by Rain » Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:50 pm

Rain gave a small nod to Jas. She'd remained in the storm-washed present for just long enough to hear the old Master's instructive reply. The Speaker, the second shuttle touching down, Irito, the moving Kaminoans, and all other elements of interest on the platforms were not holding any attention for her at the moment. Her chill fingertips stayed clamped around the father's wrist while the daughter herself bid her mind to slip far away.

'Narrow your attention on the complex.'

This wasn't a day for being tossed; it was a day for paying attention. And for… practicing. Sometimes it might be easy to think that a person didn't need to practice listening when they could already hear better then pretty-much anyone else around them anyway… But that wasn't correct, and she knew it. Hearing wasn't the same as listening. And for a person who often experienced perceptions in more simultaneous dimensions than many individuals could consciously perceive… Practice could sometimes be extremely important for growth on many levels. A part of Rain had accepted part of these things quite a long time ago in her upbringing, and she was not thinking of any of them now. But whether she happened to recognize it or not didn't matter; it was still true.

And meanwhile, or then-while, Rain was still searching again.

The first target had been in the present. He called himself by a different name, here in the now. The second had given her a timeframe as a reference to search from: in the next three months. But for the third…

'The third… chooses a different path of his own completely unrelated to his training.'

That was something a bit different. She discovered that the task itself was harder to frame in her mind. In the 'end', the seventeen year old found herself relying much more on the Force and its subtleties than she was on her own mind's ability to categorize the threads of lives and events woven around her.

The future was almost never certain. Couldn't any of these individuals choose to step away from their training at this facility? And clones they may be, but these people were not any sort of slave; they were free. But yet… as an impression of Rain's consciousness stood watching threads in the center of the complex, she found an abundance of contented duty in the emotions around her. Lives were birthed in this place, and by free will, most were happy with the destinies asked of them here. Even though those destinies would be hard, there was never any secret about it, and the persons who trained here found and accepted their paths…

So, what was she looking for? Discontent? Rain could find none of that in the now. Nor did she sense anything that struck out at her in the recent past, or in the likeliest of the futures. There were always a few possibilities, but none seemed especially interesting.

This was becoming a little confusing, and time passed.

Raindrops pounded on around the girl, the ancient Jedi Councilor, the shrouded Speaker, and whomever of the Kaminoans continued to stand with them in the gale. It was becoming possible that the faculty of the cloying center would have become 'bored' and gone inside by this point if they felt secure in leaving their guests. Rain herself could not have said what they did one way or the other; she was paying extremely little attention to them.

A different path.

A different path might have a different thread, or color, or flavor. Or maybe it was only because of the Choice that it was different. Or…

(Or maybe the Force just needs asking.)
Because that makes sense…
(If you're not going to be helpful about this--)
Shhh.

As much as Rain didn't mind the weather at all, the slight teenage girl was beginning to feel very cold. Her teeth chattered a bit, and she tightened her jaw without thinking about it.

'Relax. Move your awareness to that which you seek.'

She might have been over-thinking this again.

There was a difference between hearing and Listening.

Shh…

There was a baby growing, with shatterpoints that glittered all around him in the quiet. Inside tonight, he was sleeping content with one small thumb tucked in his mouth. Later, there might--no, there would--one day be a fight, of sorts. A child orphaned somehow by both sides. Wars were ugly. And…

'Stay with me.'

It wasn't part of his training. There were other options that might have been taken, for the better or for the worse. But there were two pleading eyes set in a small dust-streaked face, and there were emotions so potent that they shone. There was a choice made; unexpected, but still so firm that for this individual it seemed that there was no other choice. And the baby now sleeping was a man grown, who picked up a young daughter not even of his species, and held her close and safe against his torso while gold eyes met with his commander's. The specific words to be exchanged didn't matter. The conversation might unfold in a thousand different ways, but the promise in all of them meant the same thing. It was a different path.

I'm… glad that he did,
Rain meant to murmur aloud as she thought of the pair. There was a brief instant of panic when she realized that her lips hadn't moved, and that she didn't feel at all where she thought she should be.

Chill fingers flailed for a split second until she realized that they were still clenching Jas' wrist, and that the father's mind was still right there beside hers. Then she felt the pounding rain hitting her again. She let out a smallish gasp, and ebony eyes turned quickly to Jas while she caught her breath.

"That was… a little weird…"
Rain managed to say through a shiver that was almost only from chill. Things were fine, and her sudden fear was already fading away.

"But he did--will, stay with her. I th-think I liked that."
Jas Ca'lech
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:10 pm

Jas saw. In a thousand different ways, he saw. Standing firm and steadfast as he watched with deep but closely covered joy at the critical moment's occurrence. The moment practically outside of Space-Time in which Rain chose to let the Force guide her as she listened. And the subsequent fruit of her endeavours as he watched her see the specifics of what she sought within this storm.

There was a brief instant of fear rising from within Rain, but the ancient Watchman was still right there, and he smiled down to her as she recovered her anchor once more in her return to the present now.

"I liked it, too."

The future is constantly in motion, but there were very high chances that in another now some ways ahead of this now, a young daughter will find a father. But here, another father is, in his calm and peaceful way, beaming with pride at a daughter, in a way that words would only cheapen. But however long this exercise had taken, that daughter was quickly becoming quite cold and rather beyond wet sitting on a landing platform in the middle of a monsoon. Although it helped, it did not require being a seer, or even the Force, or even a healer to see this, nor to see that prudence and care would deem an impending exit of these conditions to be highly beneficial. With her hand still clasped ever-so-tightly around his wrist, the blind Jedi made the subtle movements that wordlessly offered to help her up from the artificial floor that was doing it's absolute best to turn into a lake.

"Well, I do believe everything is just about ready for departure. Are you ready, child?"
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Raith Dorn
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Raith Dorn » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:25 am

Raith's transports landed and deployed mandalorians and thousands of battle droids along the outer landing pad locations. They had essentially flanked the enemy and began an assault on their rear, as well as a defense for the cloning facility. Mandalorians from all clans joined in on the fight, and pummeled the backs of the sith and droids. Raith took his phrik wrench and slammed it against the head of a drop unit and smashed it to bits.
Droids are better...people just make problems.
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:49 am

The reaction was almost immediate, a screaming rip of force energy and a blinding light. There stood Anaxes with his wolf like features on a bipedal frame. An awkward looking droid, a neck too long, arms down near to his shins with razor sharp claws, and bladed claws for feet. He even seemed to breathe as he arced with residual force energy. And behind him was a relief force of three thousand droids. Before a mandalorian had time to react, he was already impaled on the claws of Anaxes, and small prism blasters from his shoulders raked ten more. One tried to get cocky and attack him from the side and was grabbed by the droid. Anaxes arced with lightning and cooked the mandalorian in his armor.
Raith Dorn
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Raith Dorn » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:29 pm

Raith looked on the unusual droid, not sure what it was. From his pack and his armor, he activated his two DRK probe droids to help him in the fight. He had his mandalorian ripper in his left hand and several weapons on his persons. He whistled to his own personal squad, "Keep your eyes on that one, split into two teams and suppress him, while I'll take him. If he's an experimental model we best take it out before it causes more damage. It looks fast, and bring those canderous tanks up! We need fire support!" Two of his members of his squad stuck by him, while the other eight flanked four on either side to attempt to bring him down. Raith charged from cover to cover from the front.
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Canderous tanks and a few AAT's rolled up and fired at the enemy position. Anaxes growled as he observed that there were now at least a thousand mandalorians on the platform, making their way over the bridge, and about thirty tanks in support. He also watched as a lone mandalorian and his squad lead the advance. Four on the right, four on the left, and the lone mandalorian and two others coming up the middle. He thought he could try a simple flanking maneuver. Anaxes felt the hits from slug rounds and snarled, he had a few drop units intercept while he too pressed the advance.
Raith Dorn
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Raith Dorn » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:28 am

::Clansmen, they're advancing! Keep your wrenches free brothers and sisters of Dorn! Pave the way for others to land! Get off this platform!:: He hefted his wrench against the arm of a Drop Unit to block its force blade and slammed several ripper rounds into its chest. He marveled at their construction. But he'd appreciate it more if they weren't trying to kill him. Squads behind him advanced, with canderous tanks and AAT's staggered and rolling up. Still, it was a platform, a turkey shoot. He eyed the odd wolf droid through his T visor as he continued to make his approach. He was the Mandalore, and a good Mandalore lead the charge. He made sure his flanks were secure, so far, his squad was intact. His DRK droids ran cover fire for him and his other ten members were in their respective positions. It was a fire and maneuver moment.
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Anaxes noticed the advance and continued his advance as plasma crawler units rained white hot death onto the Mandalorian position. It was then he noticed him, the Mandalore. He lead his warriors honorably and bravely. Anaxes clenched his fists and his whole body vibrated before he appeared right in front of him and raked Raith with a swipe of claws then slammed him to the ground with a hit from his knee.
Protectorate of Anguish

Post by Protectorate of Anguish » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:14 pm

Before Anaxes could land a final blow, the air ripped and an armor clad Templar appeared and shouldered anaxes away. Shas'o had finally appeared to protect the Mandalore and King of the Dynasty. He was already covered in oil and blood and with hollow unfeeling eyes he drew his sword.

"A strike on the King is a hand on the Mother..." Shas'O twirled the blade and got into a defensive stance. His body surrounding itself with void energy. "The mother saves...the mother protects..."
Raith Dorn
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Raith Dorn » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:49 pm

Raith fell back holding his abdomen. He had lacerations but the beskar protected against the worst, or so he thought when his hand was caked in blood. Other mandalorians pulled him back as he groaned in pain. But he glared at the droid and the current situation. He could not fall. He pulled himself up and nearly doubled over from the pain, but pulled out some charge powder and a flare. He quickly stuffed the wounds full of the powder with a seething wince then set it off with the flare after he struck it on his armor. With a crackle and a roar of pain the wounds cauterized and he went back into the fight.
Phaeton

Post by Phaeton » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:16 pm

Anaxes turned around and blocked and struck back where he could. He was as fast as the little templar. He was annoyed. Medrike always used others to do its dirty work. It made others bring what was needed to the void. These templars were no different, nor was the Dynasty. He would soon have a discussion with it and demand where the loyalties lay. Anaxes dodged and weaved faster than most eyes could keep up with. Shas'O was a voidwalker, and a good one.
Raith Dorn
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Raith Dorn » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:37 pm

A dropship landed with a very familiar armor set in tow. It was Raith's combat suit he used to fight Kurayami with. It had massive mechanical arms and tools for building ships, but had been outfitted for combat. Raith stepped into it while his men laid down cover fire. When activated it became a part of him. He grabbed the nearest repeater and let loose, but charged towards Shas'O and Anaxes, and shouldered the massive beast of a droid slammed him to the ground. He decided to help out his body guard.

Return to “Kamino”