Colton Acres

Erith Colton

Re: Colton Acres

Post by Erith Colton » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Erith decided to stretch out on the couch and stare up at the ceiling, contemplating motherhood and the life that she had chosen. It brought a smile to her face, and she rubbed the small baby bump she was developing. She couldn't wait to meet her baby girl, and raise her along her loving husband and wife. The farm life was better than anything she would have endured in the sisters. She had no regrets about her previous life, and now her choice to leave it all behind. She felt her eyes start to droop as she gently traced a finger around her belly and soon she drifted off to sleep on this particularly lazy day.
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:59 pm

"The peace of the farm will become a sonata of a great victory over our past lives huh?" Lianna smiled and turned to look up at him.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:37 pm

*Kayden smiled back down to her.* "Of your past lives and the lives of many more who make it through to find their peace."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:32 pm

"One hundred more years of this life, not a bad thing is it?" Lianna chuckled and stood up, brushing off her hands, and looked at her handiwork. She was satisfied with it, it would be awhile before the tomatoes were ripe.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:41 pm

"Not at all. Hopefully, it'll stay that way." *He helped Lianna to her feet, then looked down at the ground. It would still be some time before any truly came of it, even to see if the process and techniques were done well. But he could say he was glad that Lianna took something from his home and decided to give something different a try despite there being a far easier way.* "I look forward to see how well everything comes out."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:40 am

Meanwhile J'gata and S'krata were leaning on the fence by the bantha pen, they had finished cleaning awhile ago and were ever curious to the agitation the animals were showing. The nerfs and the bantha's alike were stamping at the ground and baying with deep bellows more than usual. They seemed irritated by something. J'gata's ear flicked in the wind as he scratched the back of the scruff of his neck, "What do you make of it? There's no predators around, they're acting like there's some sort of problem."

"Earthquake?" S'krata answered with a shrug of his shoulders.

"No, we would have felt it by now, and they're certainly no females in heat, they're all acting up," J'gata tapped the fence as he pondered what to do.

"Strange, maybe they'll just wear themselves out," S'krata sighed.

"Possible," J'gata replied.
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Lianna brushed her hands off and stood up, "me too. Not much more I can do here, any plans for the rest of our day off?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:33 am

*Kayden shook his head.* "I've done my bit of training for the day. If anything, I might have met up with J'gata and S'krata to see how things were going out in the fields. I'm sure they enjoy still working while the girls rest. After all, we weren't the ones to drink the night away."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:39 pm

"I wouldn't mind seeing what the other lunks are up to. Someone has to feed the animals anyway. They have to eat too or they get cranky when their schedule is changed. That's probably where they are," Lianna pecked his cheek and smirked at him bwfore smacking his rear and heading off in the direction of the togorian brothers. "Come on, no sense standing around."
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 pm

*Kayden shook his head and chuckled as she smacked his rear and walked on. He sighed before taking a step, stopping right after the first movement and turned and looked towards the sky. It had been in the back of his mind, a strange sensation. He couldn't tell what it was exactly, only that is was far away, yet still close them. It was certainly had hard to explain. All he could say for certain was that it was wrong.

His attention was then redirected towards the direction of Khoonda, now sensing something else. This was a clear presence in the Force, one of a darker nature. In fact, it was familiar, as if it had been here before. His eyes focused for a moment before taking a deep breath and letting it out slowly. He hoped trouble wouldn't come find them. He would be ready to fight, if need be, yet he still wished for peace upon the world. Looking back to the sky for a split moment, he turned and followed Lianna.*
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:26 am

Lianna headed over to the pasture and saw the togorians leaning up against the white fence. She picked up a stick and poked one of them in the back, "what are you fuzzballs doing?" She looked to the banthas and nerfs as they stamped and huffed at nothing. "Is one of the females in heat?"

"No," J'gata said as he brushed his shoulder without a flinch from the stick. He was far too used to the girls coming up and petting him like he was a housecat. "They're all agitated, we thought it could be a sign of a storm or an earthquake but there's no evidence to support that. Weather is clear until next week."
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:11 pm

*Kayden was but a few steps behind her when they finally reached the pasture. He could see, even more feel, their agitation as J'gata spoke. He stepped up to the fence and crossed his arms. He remained silent as he watched the animals, trying to figure out just what they were going on about. He always found it amazing how in tune creatures were with nature. They could feel coming storms and changes in the atmosphere, even tell when danger was approaching, long before their caretakers could figure it out. Some were even capable of telling the difference in a person's nature, from personality to being ill. Even with his enhanced senses, he couldn't even sense what these creatures could.

Still, as Togorian said, there was nothing to show that a storm was coming. He began to wonder, did it have to do with anything on the planet? His first thought was the dark presence he felt in the distance. Yet, if it was the one he had felt here before, there was no mention of the animals getting riled up then. So what was it? Maybe, they, too, felt that something was off, that there was something strangely wrong that couldn't be placed. He took a deep breath as he focused on the feeling, but was unable to do so. It wasn't something that seemed to have a point of origin, at least from where they were, more like a faint thought at the back of the mind.*

"Perhaps they sense something else, something far off."
Kyuzo Larkin
Sith
Sith

Post by Kyuzo Larkin » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:36 pm

Kyuzo and his mount Kirisuto made their way into the entrance to the first farm they saw. There were many farms as the road forked and twisted along. He looked up and saw the sign Colton Acres, he did not think much on it as he clicked his tongue and walked on. He could smell the nerfs and the banthas, even hear them. He recognized the noises. They were agitated by a stirring in the force. Kyuzo knew that the Machines must have activated a new generator somewhere in the sector. Things were moving fast, and he was late to report in. He couldn't linger long. He found his way up the path and came up to a pair of togorians, and two humans.

"Excuse me, my name is Kyuzo, I have an arrangement I wish to make and I'll pay," He asked cordually, atop his hrosama tiger, a bit imposing despite the bag of rice seeds in his hand. He tilted his head slightly curious at Kayden, sensing there was something off about him, a power but untraceable.
Kyuzo's Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmM_rlnYnmw

Born of the Sith, lived in a land of dreams, raised by the mother of wolves, reclaimed my inheritance, and bathed in the honor of war, and the blood of my enemies. I fear no man or beast, only time. I am Kyuzo Larkin, of Clan Larkin, and I will make a home for my people.

-used when speaking in native language-
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:31 pm

*Kayden had been keeping an alert focus on the presence that had arrived on the world. But he dropped his head and gazed at the ground with intense focus as he realized it was close by. Not even a few minutes went by before Kyuzo arrived and spoke. Turning his head, he looked to the man, but said nothing. It was still very much Erith’s farm in his mind, even if one would say her, Kayden, and Lianna were all equal partners, so she was the one who’d agree to anything. And if not her, then Lianna.

The intense gaze remained for only a moment before he let himself appear more casual as he leaned on the fence. He could make out the detail of his presence enough that he was Sith or was at least one that followed abdarker path of life. But there was something else about him, a power he couldn’t make out. It was clear as day, but was something unusual to him. For now though, he simply watched as he figured that Kyuzo was, no doubt, doing the same.*
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:56 pm

"I don't quite have the authority to make a deal with you, without first talking to my other partner. She's sleeping at the moment inside," Lianna looked to Kayden, he had that cautiously brooding look to him. He could tell something was up with this man. She had never seen someone riding a cat before either. She could see a lightsaber attached to his belt, so he was clearly a force user of some kind. But what sort of force user would prefer a beast to a speeder for traversing terrain? Part of her didn't even want to cater to this man, but he had a sense of urgency about him. "There are other farms, perhaps you could try them?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:38 pm

*Kayden blinked, letting his focus shift to Lianna's words as she spoke. Something gave him the feeling the man was here for a reason and wouldn't be dismissed so easily. It was best, he figured, to get Erith and make whatever deal this man wished and have him on his way.*

"I'll get Erith. I'm sure she can spare a few minutes to discuss some business. After all, this man is requesting a business proposition and it would be rude to turn him away so quickly for something as simple as sleep."

*He gave a bow and left the group there as he made his way back to the house. Despite his caution, he wasn't too worried about leaving Lianna there with him. The brothers were there and she was capable of handling herself, long enough for him to get back. Besides, he was certain that Kyuzo made a trip here to cause trouble under the guise of business.

Entering the house, Kayden wonder just where she could have been. Logic would dictate her being upstairs in the bedroom, but he knew better when it came to Erith. Deciding to simply look around, he quickly found her on the couch. He smiled before shaking her lightly.*
"Wake up, Erith. There is some business that requires your attention."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:10 am

It was good he shook her lightly, she jumped when she woke up like a soldier of her calibur usually did. She felt bad the times she swung out. She rubbed her head and yawned, "Himm sleepy... business? What did S'krata eat now? Get the peroxide and the turkey baster out of the kitchen and go help J'gata..." Instead of lying back down she rested upright as she stretched.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:16 pm

*Kayden had stepped back when Erith started to wake, unsure of how she would react. He was glad to with as quickly as she was up. He chuckled a bit and listened to her as she went on. A slight cock of the head was the first reaction as he was curious to the actions S'krata. Something to ask about later perhaps. Still he shook his head as she seemed to drift off again.*

"Actually, there is a visitor here who wishes to discuss business and make some form of a deal. So we need you awake to tend to the matter. And I don't think it'll look good on a professional level if I carry you out there."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:29 pm

"A visitor huh? Odd, we don't really have anything to sell at the moment," Erith scrunched her nose while looking perplexed. She shrugged and stood up, "let's go see what this is about, what did they say they wanted?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:40 pm

*Kayden shrugged.* "He actually didn't say. All that has been said thus far is that he has an arrangement he'd like to make and that he'll pay. Passed that, I don't know."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:53 pm

"An arrangement?" Erith was non chalant about her shrug, she did not pick up on Kayden's uneasiness. She slipped on a pair of sandals and waited for Kayden before heading out the door. She was even more perplexed that she indeed saw what she thought she did. A man atop a saddled tiger. Now she saw everything there was to be thought strange in the galaxy.

Her sundress fluttered in the afternoon breeze as she looked the man over. "I'm Erith Colton, of Colton Acres, what can I do for you?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:35 am

*Kayden followed Erith out, quite as he was before, listening intently as the deal was made.*
Kyuzo Larkin
Sith
Sith

Post by Kyuzo Larkin » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:43 pm

"A pleasure, I am Kyuzo Larkin. My clan is a spacebound people and we do not have the means to settle a land for ourselves. We hire farms to give us one season's worth of rice for well over market price for their efforts. We pay well and promptly," Kyuzo hated being longwinded. His tone was direct.

<<The man is suspicious, I can smell it. The one in the dress has a pup. The man is mating with both of them, and he has no ability in the force, but I smell...a shroud of power,>> Saan spoke to Kyuzo, and licked her jowls.

<<My intent is to feed my people, there is no reason to suspect otherwise, but there is power about this man,>> Kyuzo replied.
Kyuzo's Theme

Born of the Sith, lived in a land of dreams, raised by the mother of wolves, reclaimed my inheritance, and bathed in the honor of war, and the blood of my enemies. I fear no man or beast, only time. I am Kyuzo Larkin, of Clan Larkin, and I will make a home for my people.

Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:36 pm

*As the two went on about the arrangement, it seemed all the man sought was to use the farms as a means to grow what his people needed, setting up plots used for what he wished instead of having to search and hopefully gain enough from the markets. Smart choice in the long run. He also knew it would certain benefit the farm as well. Still, Kayden kept up his guard, keeping his presence in the Force as minimal as he could. He was certain Kyuzo was observing him, so it was best to make him seem as little of a threat as possible. So if the man wished to start a fight, Kayden's capabilities in the Force would remain a mystery.*
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:34 pm

"There are plenty of other farms, but I imagine you'll go door to door, we aren't too far from the spaceport. One season above market value? Doesn't seem so bad, how many mouths are you needing to feed?" She looked back to the tiger he was riding, what an unusual creature. She never dreamed a cat could get big enough to ride on. She wondered how he controlled it so well. He seemed to have quite a handle on the beast. She wondered if it was through the force. Then again, the creature seemed like it too was studying them. Was it, sentient? She did not read much into the purpose behind such a man asking about plots to farm. Their farm was close to the spaceport, so it made sense in her mind. He seemed like a wanderer, taking food where he could. He did not look like a vengeful man, he certainly looked cultured, or at least came from a place of culture. He had his ways.

"My question though, is will you asking this of us again?" her expression as inquisitive as her raised eyebrow.
Kyuzo Larkin
Sith
Sith

Post by Kyuzo Larkin » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:39 pm

"About fifteen hundred, my warriors and their mounts alike. We recently had a few new additions, and so need extra provisions this season. Children eat quite a bit," Kyuzo answered. The girl was curious about him no doubt she saw his saber. He did not speak of it. He had no trouble with the idea of ending them if things got violent but he doubted that would happen. "If our business concludes or continues, is up to you. I will honor it either way," he nodded.
Kyuzo's Theme

Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:40 pm

She nodded silently, biting her lower lip, she turned to Lianna and Kayden, who looked like his eyes were about to dry out from studying the man. "Your thoughts both of you?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:35 pm

*Kayden finally turned his gaze from the man when Erith asked him his opinion. The numbers he possessed would certainly be a problem should they come here against them. But despite his reservations about the man, he sensed the words to be true and genuine.* "I think it should be a solid deal. It'll give us something to work with and the price would certainly help for the future. Shouldn't be a difficult task being rice alone. Perhaps we can also increase profit with him by selling some of the other crops as well."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:35 am

"Once we have crops, we don't have much of anything right now. I am sure we can accomodate in six months time. From one warrior to another we will honor the arrangement. You are a client, but we won't be your serfs. We'll decide when the arrangement is no longer beneficial for either of us," Lianna nodded affirmatively. She did not want to just hand over the key to him. The look about him despite warrior screamed pirate to her. That was not a lot she wanted associated with. A trial run would be okay for the time being.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:21 pm

*Kayden simply gave a nod. It wasn't as bold and direct as Lianna was, seeing no reason to have been as such. If anything, he wondered if such words would insult Kyuzo and cause him to lash out. Either way, it was still Erith's call to give, and as such, gave merely his opinion rather than setting terms.*

Return to “Dantooine”