Colton Acres

Kyuzo Larkin
Sith
Sith

Re: Colton Acres

Post by Kyuzo Larkin » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:24 pm

The beast snarled a little and Kyuzo pulled the reins back, "that is fair."

He levitated the bag of rice seeds to the feet of Erith and looked them over one more time. A little insubordination was a price to pay for the wars to come. He may be able to come back and settle this world for his own people. He would remember that remark when the war was over.

"Clan Larkin is grateful for your help, I will be back in six months," he nodded and turned around. He focused his force energy and he and the creature force sped back down the main road kicking up a large trail of dust.
Kyuzo's Theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmM_rlnYnmw

Born of the Sith, lived in a land of dreams, raised by the mother of wolves, reclaimed my inheritance, and bathed in the honor of war, and the blood of my enemies. I fear no man or beast, only time. I am Kyuzo Larkin, of Clan Larkin, and I will make a home for my people.

-used when speaking in native language-
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:47 pm

*Kayden watched as Kyuzo took off with great speed. While a deal had been made, he sensed tension from the words given to him. While not outside reasonable business practices, one needed to be cautious in how the words were spoken and to whom. And with fifteen hundred people in his clan, it wouldn't be hard to run over this little home of theirs. All Force-sensitive for sure, along with being a warrior clan, he wasn't sure the Sisters here were ready for such an onslaught.

Still, he gave a sigh a relief, glad the man was gone. Looking over to Lianna, he shook his head.*
"A bit bold with your words, aren't you?"
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:06 am

"I'm guessing it's closer to a thousand, my guess is all his warriors are mounted and those are the tigers, where he got the other five hundred, I can't say. Bold yes," Lianna spoke with her arms crossed over her chest, "I will not let this farm become some sort of indentured servitude for a warlord and his campaigns. One season is enough for him, and us. I don't want to know what else he's planning. He rubbed me the wrong way. I'm sure we'll all be fine and better off for it."
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:02 pm

"Perhaps so, but there are much appropriate ways to handle such situations. Perhaps writing out a contract that is to be renewed each harvest, a simple denial if things look to go south, maybe with the idea of reduced manpower, other orders or the regular harvest. Even simply stating trying to manage it along with everything else is too much and risks a lose in crops on all ends. Give him reason to just seek out a new location, not have a built up grudge that will be unleashed when we choose to be done with him. He is a dangerous man by what I sense. And as you feel, pirate. With those words, what makes you think he won't come against us after all is said and done?" *He knew that he was still speaking with over cautious tones, perhaps even a bit condescending to Lianna. But the last thing wanted was a vengeful client. Raiders were one thing, even typical pirates. But a group of Force-users was something entirely.*
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 am

"Perhaps I was a bit aggressive, but he looked like the aggressive type too. I should have told him no outright, but we'll see how this harvest goes. I was never good with diplomacy, despite being a witchhunter. Live and learn, hopefully there won't be any repercussions. What did you sense about the man? Besides his clear use of the force? That cat...it looked like it understood everything we were saying," Lianna scratched the back of her head as she looked down the beaten path leading down to the main road.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 pm

*Kayden shrugged.* "It doesn't really matter now. The deal is done, and if things go well enough, either we'll continue the deal after the first harvest or not. We'll just need to prepare, possibly alert the Dynasty about this so as to have something more waiting should he decide to do something aggressive."

*He then looked back down the road.* "He kept himself well contaminated in thought. He obviously picked up on me just as much as I him. With both of us knowing we were being observed, we kept ourselves mostly closer off, though he did keep his focus on the deal. For the most part, I felt no intentions to cause problems, simply make a deal with a reputable farm that could do what was needed. But there was a darkness within his presence. Possibly a Sith, but I can't tell from such a short encounter."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:19 pm

"I won't tolerate another battle here. From now on I will talk with him for any further transactions. Why worry about our lands when our heads could be taken off? I did not rebuild just to see this place destroyed," Erith sighed and took the seeds with her back to the house.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm

*Kayden nodded and watched as Erith headed off back to the house. He moved beside Lianna, placing a hand on her shoulder. He hoped those words from Erith didn't come to bother her.* "Don't worry about him. I've felt his presence so I can keep some form of tabs on him if he ever comes near. I can also alert Gavin and my sister, possibly the Kiffu Guardians as well, to be ready in case he decides to cause trouble."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:23 pm

"I don't regret my call on this," she simply stated as she turned her attention to the animals, they seemed to have settled down and went back to grazing. A couple nerfs pranced and chased one another around. Farm life went back to normal.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:11 pm

*Kayden laughed a little, not really surprised at Lianna's feelings on the matter.* "Well, that's good. I'd hate to see you sulking around in depression over a few words." *Kayden also looked around as did Lianna, also seeing the calm return. Was that man the cause of the stir in them? Or was it something else that happened at the same time elsewhere?*
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:48 pm

"Am I that soft already?" She scoffed with a scrunched smile and smacked Kayden in the shoulder.

"It would take more than a few words to still my fire. I'm hardier than you most days," she walked by him and smacked his rear as she walked back to the house, sashaying her hips with sass.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:11 pm

*Kayden gave a laugh as she smacked his butt and watched as she headed off towards the house.* "Well, I'd always hope that you are a bit soft. Might be painful and unpleasant when it should be otherwise."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:01 pm

"I'm not that soft," Lianna chuckled as she walked, her path of travel starting to lead down to the orchards. "Would you prefer me fat?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:19 pm

*Kayden chuckled as he followed.* "Fat, no. But..." *He then reach to her rear and took a good handful.* "it's always good to have something to hold on to."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:14 pm

"Now that I always make sure has a little meat on it. I don't have much up top if you remember," she winked and smirked at him.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:27 am

*Kayden laughed.* "Well, I wouldn't be that worried about it. It usually doesn't do well to grab hold of those. Might be a bit painful. But that's fine. Don't need everyone to have a lot up there. I'd like to breath instead of being smothered."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:30 pm

"Don't tell that to Erith, last thing she needs is more to be self conscious about, along with her small bump. We should probably head back inside soon, I don't want her to think I'm hogging you. I just wanted to walk a little more. I think today will be a couch and holo vid day. Doesn't sound too bad to me. But tomorrow, we should get started on that rice order for the clients," Lianna shook her head thinking it all over. She didn't like it, but a farm that wasn't making money was losing money.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:12 pm

"Probably a good idea. Probably wondering where we went off to. We can all at least enjoy that part."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:20 pm

Lianna walked back to the house, and headed inside, Erith was in the kitchen preparing some snacks humming a tune. Lianna seemed relieved that Erith wasn't upset with her, or that Erith was upset at all.
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:24 pm

"There you two are! I was wondering if you guys went off into a field or something! I'm making some peanut butter and apples for us all! Our first deal huh? Kinda freaky but if he causes trouble we'll just split his skull, or make him regret attacking us. We've fought worse," Erith giggled rather maliciously.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:39 pm

*Just as Lianna, Kayden was glad that the talk during the deal hadn't caused her to become upset. But as she spoke of what to do should this man cause issues, he remained silent. Something told him that they hadn't faced anything like this before. An army of Machines, a horde of Kothryn, each deadly, yes, and not to be taken lightly. But a solid group of Sith, especially those that were consider a clan and family was something entirely different. Access to the Force opened up the road to many things, especially for those who utilized the dark-side. He certainly didn't want her regretting those words, nor them regret taking this deal.

With a shake of his head, part of him wished he was back home, the rest of these Sisters with him. There would be no concern of the dangers of the galaxy, not even a need for money. They'd be able to live just as easily as his people, creating their own village of sorts, though the housing would be far better than what he had. And he expected they'd all cope to not having technology after a while. As long as they possessed the proper things, all would be well.

But he knew better. The idea had already been presented a couple times, though neither of them were really fond of just walking away from this place. So that meant he'd have to prepare to protect this place so that none would need to fight. After what each of the women had faced, there was no longer a reason that they should continue facing such hardships and battles. He work to keep it that way. And with a new possible threat now presented, he'd have to work harder. It made him wonder if he needed to train under Gavin, seek to become like him, wield that kind of power. But having that kind of power was just as capable as creating new threats. Gavin's life was a testament to that. Still, he had to do something to prepare, to be more. That which stood before him was worth protecting, no matter the cost.

With a smile and shake of his head, he laughed at Erith's words as he stood leaning in the doorway, just watching the two, not letting the thoughts he had leave his mind.*
"And I wouldn't doubt any of you capable of doing just that."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 pm

"We may be pretty but we're tough," Erith spoke with reassuring confidence. She set the plates of snacks on the kitchen counter and sighed with content as she looked to both Lianna and Kayden.

"We best get our R and R in now before we work the fields tomorrow. The girls will need your help engineering proper rice paddy's. I am sure we can figure it out but someone with a farmer's brain for it all would help. We'll at least need to make sure we have enough water flow from the river nearby," she nodded.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:20 pm

"Oh, of that I have little doubt. I've seen enough of your work back on Manaan. And with you being barely armed, that says more than enough for you and the rest." *He then looked around as if someone else was being addressed about helping in the fields.* "And what makes you think I know anything about growing rice or that they would be any less capable of handling that job?"
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:44 pm

"I don't know if you have any knowledge about rice at all, but you do have that skill at farming that these girls are trying to play catch up on. Sadly we will have to rely on our droids and machinery to build the rice fields. We don't have the time to engineer it all by hand. I'm sure you have an eye for irrigation and the like right?" She looked right at him, arms crossed over her chest.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:33 pm

*Kayden shrugged.* "Its been a few years since I've really done anything regards to farming. At this point, the rest of you would know just as much as I. Well, at least in a general sense. Different methods. But I'm sure it's something we'll figure out, one way or another."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:27 pm

"Well we can celebrate, we have our first buyer!" She nodded confidently.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 pm

*Kayden laughed and shook his head.* "You act like you've sold nothing of the crops before."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:10 am

"Well our main source of income are the bantha's and nerfs, and what crops have grown thus far, but the major crops won't be ready for awhile yet," Erith shook her head with a laugh, "Not like I don't have surplus of credits in the bank, but I'd still like to celebrate a turn of profit."
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:56 pm

"Well, that proves me right. You've already done business thus far with what you have. So technically, not the first buyer. First client perhaps."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:43 pm

"Well at least we won't starve now once our name is out there, best rice growers in the outer rim," Lianna huffed a laugh, "still I would approach this with caution, if they are sith, then we don't want to make enemies of them, or them slaves out of us. Things have been terribly quiet between the Jedi and the Sith. To think he needs all this food for a small army and his mounts is concerning. I don't like the idea of being a supplier to a death dealer, but maybe we can't be picky quite yet."

Return to “Dantooine”