The Plains

Gavin Phoenix

The Plains

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:43 am

*Much like the plains of Kahn on Naza. This is where most of the Nagarein people currently live.*
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Tierany Phoenix

Re: The Plains

Post by Tierany Phoenix » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:11 pm

*For days Tierany had been running long amounts until she couldn't run anymore. She sat on a rock and took a break. After about an hour, she got up. She was on one end of the plains, the Wastelands were one the other. It was about 10 miles. She took off running. Not stopping not slowing down.*
From the Shadows waiting, watching. Ready to emerge to fight and protect those that matter most. I am a Daughter of Phoenix, and I will not be broken....
Kaiden Nekao

Post by Kaiden Nekao » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:29 pm

*Kaiden shimmered outside the village on the plains and ran ito the interior. He ran until he almost ran into Zaul, Jade's father.*

Elder Zaul. My sister has just told me that Gavin has died. What exactly happened?

*Zaul looked at the young one and lead him over to a fire and had him sit. Zaul sat down across from him and began to explain.*

<<Gavin has died, as your sister has stated. It seems he went to fight a great power that threatened the galaxy. Balance was threatened. None really know, but Gavin has acended to the powers of the Ancients, the True Shadows like his grandfather Raze. He sacrificed himself in this battle to keep the balance as it should be. He did what he knew he needed to. He is a true warrior and will be remembered as such.>>

*Kaiden looks at Zaul as he spoke. He never got to meet Gavin. But he had heard much about him. Him, and his brother Falcor. They were great warriors but he never knew them.*

I wish I could have meet Gavin. He sounds like a great man.

<<That he was, young one. But do not be sad for him. he did what he did without care for his own life and died happy. Perhaps one day you, too, will roise up and become something great.>>

You think so?

<<Yes, but for now, night falls and time for sleep is upon us. Off to bed with you.>>

*Kaiden nods and runs off to his home. Inside he goes to his bed and falss asleep, dreaming of what it would be like to be a great warrior.*
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:06 am

*Many hours pass and Gavin finally makes it to the villages. He makes his way in, the villagers stopping and looking at him as he passed. Many thoughts ran through their heads. For younger ones who didn't know, they wondered who this man was, walking through their village beaten so badly. Was he an exile, a refugee? To the older who knew this man, couldn't believe he had returned already and that it was a miracle.

He walked through the village until he ran into one man. One of the elders, his father-in-law, Zaul.*

=Zaul=
<<So you have returned from the depths of the Abyss.>>

*Gavin knew that he could feel the Force at this time, and wondered only for a minute as to how he could hear Zaul's words. He then came to the conclusion that Zaul's strength in the Force was that great, and since he was on Naza, though without the Force within him, it resonated just enough that he could hear his words, but that was all.*

=Gavin=

Yes. But I'm without the Force for a time. I must meditate and regain some of its abilities. Enough to locate my swords. If I can gather them, I can regain the power I placed inside.

=Zaul=

<<Yes, I will help to try and restore some of your strength, enough to find them. That shouldn't be too hard. But for now, come in, rest and let me tend to your wounds.>>

*Zaul motioned for Gavin to enter the hut.*

=Gavin=

Thank you, Zaul.

*Gavin enters the hut, Zaul following behind. A bed was offered to him as well as some food and drink. It had been 3 and a half years since Gavin needed such things. The Force sustained him at all times. But now, he was no longer a half breed demon, driven by the Force. His was a normal being again. His half human, half Nagrien self that he was before this all began, before becoming a Shadow.

After enjoying a good meal and some converstaion with Zaul about some of the happenings upon Naza, learning about Kaiden's curiousity, and Jasen's thrist for knowledge, Gavin went to his bed. It wasn't long before he was out. So long since he had slept, and now, his body was weary and tired, barely able to hold to itself.

As Gavin slept, Zaul began working on him, using many healing techniques, ranging from phyiscal healing, emotional, mental, and healing to awaken gavin Force power. Zauled worked through the night, until the first light of the sun across the horizon to help this man gain himself once again.*
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:29 am

*Gavin has lept through the entire night and over half the day. When he finally woke, he did so slowly. The waking, seeing everything that was around him, he thought it was just a dream. It took a moment before he remembered what happened and where he was. He sat up and turned to sit off the edge of the bed. He took a moment to find himself.

When he did he realized something. He felt great. The food, the slep, and the work Zaul had done to him made him feel good as new. The best he had felt in a very long time.He looked around but saw no one in the hut. On the ground he noticed a plate of food. Gavin smiled and silently thanked Zaul. He took the food and began to eat.

Once he finished, he set the plate down and saw something else by the bed. New sets of clothes. They weren't much, just the normal atire of the villagers. It was new clothes and Gavin sure needed some. He put them on and went outside. He saw no one in veiw. No telling what they were doing. He headed out to the edges of the village, to a secluded spot and sat on a large rock.

He could feel the Force better now, thanks to Zaul. Perhaps he could use it now. He reached out his hand to lift a rock, but nothing happened. He then tried to shimmer. Again, nothing happened. He felt the Force better, but still couldn't use it. But feeling it should help make it easier. He closed his eyes and began to meditate.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 am

*For half the day Gavin didn't move from his spot on the rock. He meditated away, trying find himself again. He could feel it stronger now and decided t try again.

He reached out his hand to the rock again. It first just shook as he focused, his body tensing lightly. But after a minute, the rock slowly began to leviate a few feet off the ground. Gavin opened his eyes and the rock fell. He needed more. He took a deep breath and relaxed. He was basically the padawan again, learning how to use the Force for the first time. How did he do it back then? His mind slowly began to rift as he began to recall those first lesson wth his master when he was a Jedi.*

It's just so hard, master.

Don't say that, Phenom. That is why you can't. You believe it is hard, you see it as impossible. You doubt your ability to do it. Try again.

Yes, master. I will try again.

*Back in the days before Gavin knew who he was, when he was known as Phenom Aquar, and training to be a Jedi. He was only 13. He reached out his hand to the rock that sat in front of him. He focused, lifting the rock only a foot before it fell again. He sighed to himself. He would never get this. His master walked beside him and placd a hand on his shoulder.*

You must shed all doubt. The Force flows through us. How it works and how easily it flows out of us depends on you. Let go of yourself. Use the Force. This is but a simple task for the Force's strength. It is an energy that flows around us, in us, through us. It flows through everything.

*He reached out and the rock lifted with ease. Other rocks lifted as well and spun around each other. He then set them down and looked back at his apprentice.*

Always remember, shed all doubt, let yourself go, and let the energy, the Force, do what it does......

*Gavin came back to. He closed his eyes and reached out a hand.*

Shed all doubt, let go, and use the Force.

*He let go of the doubt he held, the doubt that he could do much of anything in his state. He let his body go and relaxed and focused upon the Force in him. He then lifted his hand slowly and not just the one, but five other rocks lifted with easy. Gavin opened his eyes and smiled. He let them spin around each other before setting them down.

This was all he needed. His presence started to return, but before it could resonate, he cut it off. It wasn't time for anyone to know yet. He began to meditate again, searching out to locate the swords.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:46 am

There.

*He could sense them now. Though the katana was considered closer, the energy being released from the broadsword was greater.*

Someone must be near it. It's power is resonating greatly from Korriban.

*He focused deeper into the area and felt the presence of those there.*

Well, I guess he did want the swords. The two working together. Works very nicely if the Shadows are going to unite and rise to True Shadows. But if their after that one, I'll go for the other. The katana should be enough to restore half my power. Then I'll gain the other oneand restore it completely. Now if I can just......

*He reached out his hand. He didn't have the power to shimmer all the way to Zonama, but if he could just tie the connection between him and it, it should be able to carry him. He closed his eyes and kept reaching, leaning forward until with body began to tiwst a warp. He kept leaning, about to fall. Slowly his body seemed to pull apart and back together as he started falling forward. Just before the peak of his leaned that would have sent him to the ground, he shimmered away.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:13 pm

*Jasen shimmered into the village and went looking for Zaul. A few minutes of searching lead her to find him inside his hut.*

Elder Zaul. I ask for a request. I ask that you help me shimmer from here. I wish to learn about the Force and become a strong warrior.

=Zaul=

<<It seems your mind has choosen its path. Very well. You wish to be like the D"Naga's. To be like Falcor and Gavin and become warriors. I will help you. Learn well, my child and become strong.>>

*He places a hand on her head and shimmers her away to a place unknown.*
Now be gone in a flash of light!

Jasen's Theme
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:02 pm

*Gavin shimmered into the village in the Plains. It was active tonight. Fires were going and stories being told. He walked around, enjoying the ways of his people. He smiled and looked for Zaul. It only took a moment as he heard a voice come to him.*

<<So, you have returned yet again, Gavin.>>

*Gavin smiled wider as he turned to see Zaul. A full-breed Nagarien. Tanned and scaled completely instead of the small patch. And only speaking through the Force.*

Zaul

*Gavin bowed to him.*

The village is alive tonight.

<<That it is. But I sense that is not why you came here. Another was with you and still remains in the Forest.>>

Yes. Her name is Nyx. She is a Half-breed like me and Falcor, but she doesn't remember her early life.

<<Then she is welcome here. And should that be the case, leave her her time. I'm most certain that ebing around you and Falcor and even here, she'll come to find herself. If not at least feel completely home here.>>

I agree. But I have a favor to ask. I wish to gather some food. Do you have any you could spare.

<<Indeed. THis way.>>

*Gavin followed Zaul to where the food was kept for large ceremonies and events such as tonight. Gavin went through the supplies and filled a large backpack full of food and ingredients. gavin thanked him before shimmering away again.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:38 am

*Kayden had been working hard for years. He trained with Gavin when he came. He wanted to be just like Gavin and Falcor. He had worked hard, becoming better at shimmering and deepening his connection with the Force. He took lessons from the elders in the village, diving into the knowledge they had given. He had also spent time in the library of the Temple of the Ancients reading and learning all he could. His sister, Jasen, had left to train and become stronger but returned a couple years later. In the end, she had decided that it wasn't a life for her. But he knew he wanted this. The elders had agreed that at 19, he could leave the planet and become a warrior.

Now that day had come. Kayden woke from his sleep and stretched out. It didn't take him long to become fully awake. Every inch of his body was running at high speed, eager to set out on his journey to become a great warrior. He stood to his feet and walked out of his family's hut, watching the rising of the sun. He smiled as the wind blew through his shaggy dirty blonde hair. The first rays of the sun shone over the horizon and reflected themselves in his emerald eyes. A smile grew upon his face as the first arch of the sun appeared of the horizon, illuminating the Plains with it eternal light. The signifying of a new day. Not just in the normal sense, but for Kayden's goal. A new page had turned and a new chapter was waiting to be written. There was no time to lose.

Kayden walked away from the village to a well that resided there. He dropped the bucket inside and let it fill with water. As he heard the splash, he began to pull up the crystal clear water. He cups his hands in it and drank the water to wet his dry throat. He wiped the water that ran from his mouth before putting his hands in the water again. this time, he splashed it upon his face and the rest of his body and washed himself. When he was done, he poured the water out and set the bucket at the well's base.

He came back into the village to Jasen calling to him. It was time for breakfast.*
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:44 am

*Jasen smiled as Kayden appeared. This was his day. It was his dream, even more than it had been hers to be a warrior. She was certain that he would follow that path to the end where she couldn't. As he entered, she followed him and made him a plate of food. She handed it to him and sat down across from him as they sat on the ground.*

So are you ready?

Jasen's Theme
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:50 am

*Kayden wasted no time eating his food. But he didn't devour it quickly. He wanted to savor the taste. Despite his eagerness to leave and see what the galaxy had to offer, he knew it'd be some time before he'd get to enjoy this good of food again. Though he was ready, he couldn't help but feel a sadness pull at him. The food was the last thing he thought about. her thought about his family and friends here and how he'd miss them. He didn't know what this path brought for him, but he knew it was possible this would be the last time he saw them.

He shook his head lightly to push the thoughts back. This was the day. He couldn't be backing out now. He had been ready for this. He couldn't be scared. It was time to stand up and make something of himself. he looked at his sister with a smile.*

Yes. I've waited so long or this day, it's kinda hard to believe it's actually here. I'm really nervous, to be honest.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:51 am

You'll be fine out there. You can always come back if you need to. You know that. You're shimmering abilities have got so much better. I know you can always come back if you need to.

Jasen's Theme
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 am

*He closed his eyes, though his smile remained.*

You're right, sis. I can always come back here. And I will. I won't forget my family and friends, nor the place I grew up. This place is home and I will always come back often to visit.

*He chuckled a bit as he dug into the rest of his food. It was barely any time before he finished and stood to his feet.*

There's no time like the present so let's do this.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 am

*Jasen stood to her feet.*

I'll go with you and see you off.

Jasen's Theme
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:07 am

*Kayden smiled that brotherly smile of thanks as they left the hut. They were both quiet as they made their way through the village. Almost everyone was still asleep. It was early still and many wouldn't rise for at least another hour. But his day began early. They walked to a rock just outside the village. This was the meeting point. At dawn, stand before the rock that marks the entrance to our village. That was the instructions. They approached the rock to see someone standing there. They stopped in front of him with a smile.*

Elder Zaul.

*Kayden and Jasen bowed to him as he shook his hand and head.*

-Zaul-

<<Your journey is about to begin. Are you ready to embark on the road that has been laid before you?>>

*Kayden smiled and shook his nodded his head.*

I am ready.

<<You hold a great dream in you, Kayden. But remember, just because you desire to be like Falcor and Gavin, you are not them. Walk the path that suits you the best.>>

*Zaul held up a leather bag to Kayden.*

<<And for your journey, you'll need more appropriate clothes. Inside is a pair that Gavin has left here in case he or his brother needed them. I believe they will suit you now.>>

*Kayden took the bag and looked inside. He nodded before running back to the village. If he was given new clothes, he would wear them before reaching his destination. Minutes passed before Kayden returned. He worn now a tight black shirt, dark blue pants, black boots, a dark brown leather jacket and fingerless black gloves. He also had a credit chip for 10,000 credits should he need them.*

I'm ready to go.

*Jasen quickly kissed his head and wished him luck as Zaul rested a hand upon his shoulder.*

<<Go, and find your place in this galaxy.>>

*Without another word, Zaull shimmered Kayden away, his destination unknown.*
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:55 am

*Gavin shimmered into the village and was quickly greeted by Zaul. After all this time, he still remained. And he always knew when Gavin was going to arrive. He greeted the Elder and his father-in-law.*

"It is good to see you again, however, my time is limited at the moment. I need some food and a set of clothes for myself and for Kayden."

*Zaul nodded.*

=Zaul=

<<I have sensed the growing tension within the galaxy. Battles have begun to rise with something greater coming still. It is my hope that you and the others will take care in this time of trying.>>

*Gavin nodded as Zaul led him into the village. He quickly changed his clothes before taking up a backpack filled with food and clothes for Kayden. He waved to those who had gathered before shimmering away to Kiffu.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:21 pm

*Gavin shimmered onto the edge of the village before making his way inside. As always, Zaul was waiting for him. He shook his head as he approached his father-in-law and embraced him*

=Zaul=

<<You have been quite busy this past month. I can sense your greater strength and power, and even more, your determination and resolve. It appears you have truly passed the trails of the Shadows.>>

*Gavin pulled back and nodded.* "Indeed, I have. I must say, if it had not been for my previous training with the Dark Jedi, as well as the hearts of my family, I would not have succeeded. I owe much to them."

=Zaul=

<<I am glad to hear that, my son.>> *Zaul looked Gavin over and the torn and dirty clothes he wore that had been damaged in his recent trails and training.* <<I think you could use some new clothes.>>

"Yes, in fact, I have some plans for clothing, if the women here could help. I would also like to eat and rest before I head off again"

*Zaul lead Gavin on while gathering the women who were best at creating the clothes they all wore.* <<Of course. I have sensed the distress growing over the galaxy. Time is short and must not be wasted. Tell them what you wish and I will ensure they are finished by the time you recover. They will be some of the finest they will create.>>

*Gavin entered one of the houses and striped from his ragged clothes. All the proper measurements were made and he told them what he wanted. They understood well what he wished and quickly set off to gather the materials and made the clothes. He put on some other clothes as a few other women arrived with a couple plates of food. He thanked them and took his time eating. Despite his hunger, he knew to keep it down and for it to do what it need to, he had to eat slow. Once he had finished, he headed off to sleep, deciding to bathe after he awoke.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:02 pm

*Gavin had slept for a day and a half before finally waking. Luckily he had only gone through his aided state for a week, which was short compared to the one month he did. This allowed for quicker recovery. He stood to his feet and stretched out his muscles, working out the little kinks. Once he was done he brought his fist up to eye level and squeezed it. The grip was strong and calm, not the slightest bit shaky. This was good in more ways than one. The most obvious was his body was back to 100% and was ready to go. The second and most important part was the reality of Gavin's new stability. No longer was he holding on to regret or doubt. He was calm and certain, something he hadn't been in many years.

Looking down, he saw the clothes he wished designed already finished. There was also some food there as well. The first thing he grabbed was a tight black robe. It would be used while wearing his armor. With that, he shimmered it away with the rest of his gear. Next, he dug into the meal. It did well to nourish him. Once the food was finished, he grabbed the clothes and headed out of the house.

The sky was dark and the village quiet. He wasn't sure what time of night it was, but it didn't matter. He made his way out of the village to a pond near by. It was rather large for a pond, but still nowhere near a lake. Finishing as well as drinking water was taken from here as well as water to bathe. He looked at the clean crystals clear water and scooped up some to drink. taking a quick look around, he saw no one around. Always good to be respectful when bathing, even at night. Never know who is out. Stripping from his clothes, he scooped water up in bits and worked to clean himself. One thing he did come to enjoy was a real shower. Nothing felt better. The hot springs would work, but he had no time for such luxury. Once clean he began dressing into his new clothes.

His pants were very much the same as he had been wearing, blue leather that held a slightly baggy feel. He also had a new set of black boots, which was from a stash he kept on Naza. He now had a tight black cloth sleeveless shirt. Over that, he put on a new leather trench coat. It held the same color scheme as his vest, gray outlines in blue. His whole collar was that blue as before, but now had two strips of gold in it. He also had it done up in the front, the sides held together by four thick straps that cross the front of the coat. Finally, he had a pair of black leather gloves that went almost up to his elbow. With his clothes in place, he shimmered to him the single set of bracers and put them on. They were simple, a shadowy black finish with a dark golden pattern on them. Simple yet elegant. It also would provide a bit of defense in a normal battle He also changed his hair a bit, deciding to keep it slicked back instead of shaggy. It allowed for both eyes to be easily seen, his ice blue eyes even more piercing than they had been before, and clearly filled with more power.

With everything finished up to this point, he knew he needed to start his training. He would journey around the galaxy, traveling to many hostile environments. Mustfar, Hoth, Dagobah, the Shadowlands on Kashyyyk, and the dry sands of Tatooine to name a few. These terrains were harsh and would aid his training and his bodies ability to bear many things. But there were things he needed to see first. As he slept, the visions he had seen on Nazaremos had played through his mind. He knew of them all, only Nam Chorios the one place he heard of but never seen. But above them all, one held the most question, a place he hadn't been in decades. It only made him wonder. Without a second thought, he wisped away into the wind, his destination Felucia to the Ancient Abyss.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:01 pm

*Gavin shimmered into the village and began to look around. He could feel the life within the village, alive as always. As he moved from his spot, he shimmered to himself a pair of pants from a drawer back on Maanan. While he was getting the food, he'd also change. He didn't need to guess where to go as any who resided within the village during the lunch hours gathered as they did for any meal, in the village center.

He made his way into the center to see some of the women gathered around a large pot. He took a long sniff of the aroma and recognized it immediately: rootleaf stew. As he approach, he noticed Zaul with them, watching them cook. He smirked as Zaul turned to him and embraced him.*

"So standing around waiting for the food to finish so you can be first in line?"

*Zaul smiled and shook his head.* <<It is good to see that after everything that has transpired as late, you continue to hold your humor. I'm merely watching the going ons of the village, in which case happens to be lunch. But perhaps, I wish to be first. One cannot beat good rootleaf stew, can they?>>

*Gavin chuckled.* "No, they can't. Lucky two as I've come to take some with me for lunch."

<<Yes, I've noticed that there are two other with you. Kayden is the same way.>>

"Kayden will more than likely be around soon. I plan to bring my group here around dinner time so they can explore the village and see what life is like here."

*Zaul look to Gavin for a moment before returning his gaze to the working women.*
<<I suspect you have plans for this night as well.>> *A chuckling could be heard in Gavin's head.* <<It is good to see that you have begun to interact with others like this again. A cold and lonely heart will loose its power.>>

*Gavin nodded, but didn't respond to the words. It was something he was still trying to sort out in his mind, his heart, and Zaul knew it.*
"How much longer before it is done?"

*There was silence for a moment before Zaul spoke again* <<It should only be about a few minutes.>>

*Gavin nodded before turning to enter the central building. Inside he changed and grabbed a small bag. He grabbed a small loaf of bread, a three bit of fruit, picked up a container of water, three cups and bowls, and a small pot for the stew. Once outside, Zaul looked back to him and nodded it was ready. Gavin approached and the pot was filled with the stew. Adjusting the bag so that he had everything, he thanked Zaul and the ladies before shimmering away.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:15 pm

*Kayden shimmered into the out skirts of the city with the girls. Behind them was nothing but clear open plains with nice green grass. Before them were small houses about thirty feet long a ten feet wide. Each were made in the same way, a curved style roof and made of wood. These stood near ten feet tall and the paths had been smoothed out with stones.*

"Welcome to one of the villages here on the Plains of Kahn."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:24 pm

Erith rubbed her stomach, and bit her lip, she could feel the baby in her belly not much caring for shimmering. Lianna groaned and took in a deep breath to settle her stomach.

"What a peaceful looking village," Erith smiled.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:37 pm

*Kayden looked at the girls and chuckled.* "Maybe it might be best if you two don't eat. Don't want you wasting perfectly good food." *He closed his eyes and breathed in, smelling to food that was cooking in the village center.* "Ah been a while since I've took in that smell. Come on." *He began making his way in. As they'd walk, they'd see some of the residents running around going about their business, while most were moving to the village center for lunch. They'd see mostly women and children, with the men hunting, fishing or in the fields. They all were diverse in their looks. While the girls wouldn't know just yet what a full-blood Nagarien looked, it was a sign showing that there were plenty of refugees that lived here that opted to stay instead of going back home.*
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 5:58 pm

"I can't say no to a smell like that!" Erith smiled as she sniffed the air.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:27 pm

"Is quite nice isn't it? I do believe Rootleaf stew is on the menu." *They rounded a corner and entered a large open area. There was a larger version of the houses they passed where festivities and gatherings were held. There were some people already sitting around the outside part of it eating while others were grabbing bowls and moving on back to where they were working. Lunch was hit and miss when a good gathering happened. If anything, it wouldn't overwhelm the girls with a large amount of strangers.

As he lead them towards the table, he was met by another. The man that stepped up to them was dark skinned from the years of being in the open sun and if they looked closely at his face and arms they would see the designs of scales along his body much like the patch on Kayden's back. His hair was long a black and eyes where brown. He was dressed in a crimson colored clothes and golden colored rob that hung down his back a bit and over his shoulders. He seemed to say nothing to them, only stand in their way until the girls would hear a voice within their minds. It was deep, gentle, and sounded wise.*

<<Ah, I was wondering when you would show up, Kayden. Who are your guests?>>

*Kayden gave a slight bow of his head before responding.* "Elder Zaul, keeping tabs on us as always." *He smiled and turned back to the girls and held out a hand to each as he introduced them.* "This is Erith Colton and Lianna Wisner. Ladies, this is the elder of the village and my uncle, Zaul."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:08 pm

"A pleasure," Erith bowed with a bright smile. She hoped she looked her best in front of the village elder. If it was anything like the time Raul was Grand Elder, it was important to show respect. She was more excited for food, and sitting down, the springs wore her out for the time being. She was also really going to have to start eating for two soon.

"Greetings we are honored to meet you," Lianna smiled calmly, and bowed as well. She was a bit miffed that she was simply wearing swim pants, instead of at least her hiking shorts. She was sure Erith did not care one flick of a thought about it.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:04 pm

*Zaul bowed to them.* <<A pleasure indeed.>> *He looked between them, then finally over to Kayden. He said nothing but could easily tell the connection they shared. Kayden no longer existed within the village and was free to live his life as he wished. The people here, he knew, would hold no shame in that choice. Such was the way of the residents of Naza.* <<For now, let us eat. The women have prepared a fine Rootleaf Stew this day.>>

*Kayden nodded and followed behind Zaul to where the central fire was and the large pot. The closer he got, the greater the smell, thus the greater his stomach started to rumble. Approaching the pot, a couple women filled up bowls for Zaul, Kayden, Erith, and Lianna. They were fair sized bowls, easily enough to fill those that worked and give them the nourishment they'd need without making them miserable. Kayden bowed to the ladies and thanked them, taking a piece of bread and a cup, which he filled with water from a large bowl meant for such purposes.

Once the girls got their food, he made his way to the central building and took a seat against the wall a bit from the others. Zaul had went on to talk with the others and see how everyone was doing. He took the wooden spoon he got with his bowl and sipped on some of the think gravy. It was rich a smooth, just as he remembered. He only hoped the girls enjoyed it as much as everyone here did. The gravy was brown and thick with bits of meat and vegetables in it. They'd noticed bits that looked like roots, giving it the name rootleaf. The roots would be whitish now and crisp like carrots. There was also ground up herbs to help with the flavor.* *
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:44 pm

Erith sat down with her bowl of rootleaf stew, it looked thick, and the moment the aroma filed her nostrils, she could feel herself salivating. She dug in and winced a bit, she needed to let it cool but it tasted divine. She hoped Kayden could make it for her someday. It tasted filling, she blew on her spoon and took a fresh bite. She savored the meats and vegetables in her mouth before swallowing and letting the broth and the meat warm her body all the way down to her belly. She was beginning to understand why this place was so peaceful and hard to leave. She had been here before, but what seemed to be a lifetime ago when she was in armor and he rescued her from the machines. She smiled at kayden fondly, he had no idea that he was soon to be a father, in a week's time, she would no longer be able to hide it. Kayden had started his own little clan of Nekao's.

"This soup, is to die for! Kayden, you have to make this sometime!" Erith squeaked enthusiastically.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:18 pm

*Kayden smiled as he looked between the two.* "I'm glad you like it. I'll see what I can do. Hopefully it doesn't leave the entire farm begging form it." *He gave a chuckle.* "Make sure you eat everything, especially the roots. There's more to it than its amazing taste."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 pm

"Pshh, who thinks we're telling the farm about this meal?" Lianna scoffed as she chowed down. She enjoyed the stew as well, it felt invigorating, as if one spoonful of the food felt like two spoonfuls. It was that heavy and thick with sustenance. She was getting full just off of the single bowl alone, and full of energy again. She wondered what was in it that made it so filling and restoring.

"Hey Kayden, what's in this? It feels like I'm eating two meals at once," She finally asked.

Return to “Naza Prime”