The Plains

Kayden Nekao

Re: The Plains

Post by Kayden Nekao » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:26 pm

*Kayden shrugged.* "Just bits of meat and vegetables. The gravy itself does tend to be a little filling and the roots used in it are, well, for an easy term a supplement."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:20 am

"Well whatever it is, it's good," Erith smiled and shoved a spoonful into her mouth.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:14 pm

"Well, I'm glad you find our choice of dishes appealing. Would be quite awkward right now if you didn't."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:06 pm

"Nothing beats homecooked anything, ration packs are terrible! I remember slogging through mud with nothing but ration packs to eat for two weeks straight. It's not like the movies, lady soldiers don't have homecooked anything out on the frontlines..." Erith chuckled and near inhaled another spoonful of the stew.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:11 pm

*Kayden shook his head.* "Yeah, that's not happening. I've learned how to hunt and cook here, so I'd just go with that. Might not be as flavorful as well prepared meals, but still better off."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:38 am

"I think she was more speaking about the difference between the stew, and rations. We haven't been offworld like this beyond being in full gear and under fire, in awhile. Dantooine is a great escape and place of healing, but you can imagine eating outside like this in the wilderness brings back memories for us. The food is delicious, I'm impressed with the recipe. I think I would like for you to make it for us once in awhile. Just us, myself and Erith..." Lianna smiled at him.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:05 pm

*Kayden shrugged.* "I think I would have found myself hunting and cooking for myself in some way. Then again, I haven't been involved in such events as you two have. But I guess I could make it for the two of you every now and then. But let's not forget, this is just lunch. We will be here all day so you will also get to see dinner."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Lianna chuckled and nodded, "All right, all right, save our appetite for dinner, I hear you. So where will we go next?"
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:24 pm

*Kayden finished off his bowl and set it to the side before leaning forward and looking out at the few that were still gathered around.* "First, I'm going to show you to around and let you see how things operate here compared to the farm. I'm sure you are curious as to how they go about tending the land without the technology you girls are used to."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:47 pm

"Tilling and working the land by hand, now there's a labor of love if I ever heard one. I wonder if the yield is better," Erith pondered the thought as she turned her gaze to the fields.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:11 pm

"We'll make our way out there in a bit. First, I'll lead you around the village and let you see some of the other things here." *He stood to his feet and returned to the ladies who had help distribute the food and gave them their bowls. They nodded to him with a smile as he thanked them for the food with a slight bow of his head and motioned for the girls to follow.* "Yes, the yield is far greater than back on Dantooine, but I wouldn't say its because we do things by hand. We must tend to them and ensure they grow, yes, but the planet does its part to ensure we have good harvests. We also don't face the changes of seasons like other worlds so we can continue to grow and produce."

*He led the girls down the grassy paths between the houses, pointing out that all of them were simple houses for families and weren't used for anything otherwise. It was within the village that the homes lay while he led them to the farther edges. It was here that he began pointing out the larger buildings.*
"Here is where most of what the village has is made." *He lead them inside one and they would see mostly women inside working away at making clothes.* "This is where the clothing is created. From making the threads and fabrics to making clothes and other such things from the material, it all comes from here. Different styles are made and with new refugees that come and choose to stay, new styles are created that show our heritage, but also blend it with these different styles."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 pm

"Interesting, I've never seen a handcrafted loom before, this is even beyond a thousand or three thousand years go. We still had tech back then. This technology goes back well before recorded time. There's so much creativity to be had in this kind of work, and also a means to survive, making ones own clothes. I think there's something to learn here, both in farming, and in ways of life in general," Lianna nodded with a smile.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:03 pm

"Aye. After our people came here and chose this way of life, they still thought on ways to improve the life of the people without diving into such advanced technology. They saw it as the reason they lost their world and hindered themselves. This was their second chance. By what I know, none regretted it. When we let technology take over, to tend to the things around us and removing us from them, we become disconnected from the art behind it. Take these clothes for example. A dress made here by the hands of these women, dedicated to providing them for us and making them beautiful versus the same dress made by a machine. True, it may be created faster and possibly with fewer flaws, but the art, the feeling in its creation is gone. In all we do here, through our involvement, through the lessons passed to us from the elders, we learn to value life, both ours and others, a see the fulfillment of the work we do."

*In these few moments as the two asked their questions and made their statements, Kayden would seem to age in knowledge and wisdom as he passed what he learned during his time here to them. While simple words with simple meaning, to those who rarely got the chance to see such things, such spoken things could mean so much more.*
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Erith blushed and smiled, absentmindedly rubbing her stomach, but then looked up, "Do you think we could get some dresses from these people? I would like to try the clothes of your homeland sometime. I think it could give you a taste of home, and us an increasing respect for your culture. I think I want to come back here quite often. It would be peaceful, life on a farm is pretty far away from tech, but this is a whole different place. There's hidden passion, love, and creativity within this village, and world. You come from some remarkable people Kayden," She smiled, her eyes were full of adoration and respect for Kayden.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:37 pm

*Kayden simply tilted his head before moving away from the girls and approached one of the women. He knelt down next to where she sat, working on a particular dress. She worked on as Kayden remained there, almost ignoring him. It was only after a minute before she stopped her work and looked over to the girls for a moment before looking back to Kayden with a soft smile and nodded. Both stood and Kayden walked back to the girls as the woman approached a couple of others working.*

"I do believe they will make a dress for each of you." *He looked behind him as the woman along with two others came to them with some string. He smiled as he looked back to the girls.* "The choice of dress is up to you. Speak with them about the designs they've made, its color, and whatever else they ask or you want. Just remember, they can't make them incredibly fancy."

*At that moment, he felt a knock on his head from the woman.* "Do you doubt what we can do, young one?"

*Kayden shook his head.* "Of course not. I just didn't wish to overburden you with such extravagant details."

*The women pushed passed him and spoke with an annoyed tone.*
"Bah, we can create whatever these girls wish. It may take time, but it can be done." *Despite the tone, it was clear it was of a fun nature, knowing full well Kayden intentions. These ladies seemed to show appreciation for the craft and wished to make for them a dress or outfit they really wanted. The women awaited for the response of Erith and Lianna, wanting to know what kind of dress they wanted before going on to make the measurements.*
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:49 pm

"Well, you heard the ladies, shoo! We're going to have some lady time!" Lianna giggled, and pushed Kayden out of the hut.

"Men," Lianna giggled and crossed her arms over her tanktop, "So, let's talk dresses, practical yet elegant? Something for him to enjoy, but also for us to be able to maybe wear around here, or even at home. I grow more and more interested by this enchanting place...maybe two dresses that speak to the majesty of this world, but also the passion behind the hearts of those who live in it? I do like halter tops...Erith likes to twirl."
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:33 pm

*Kayden shook his head as he made his way outside as Lianna pushed him out. He chuckled to himself as he moved on away from the hut as he reached out. He could feel Gavin, though his presence was distorted in a way. The most he could figure was that he had taking his group to the Island of Light. The presence of light was so strong there his mind couldn't focus clearly. He could pick up bits and pieces, but his clarity in his focus was nowhere near the level of Gavin's. To him, it was like looking at a faint image barely visible through white static. The sensitivity Nagarien's had to the Force let him sense the light, but with such a potent amount, it overwhelmed him.

At least he knew they had moved on outside of his area of movement. Unfortunately, he knew he couldn't take the girls there. He, himself, had never been. To top it off, he didn't know if he could handle being there. By what he had heard from the elders about it, he believed he'd break under the extreme peace and didn't know if he could ever live in such ease.

As Lianna spoke of what they wanted, the ladies began taking measurements, using the girls when verifying the designs they wanted, running their hands across the different parts of their body as they worked to understand just how the girls wanted their dresses to be.*
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:10 pm

"Our husband...is a silly man," Erith giggled as she felt the women getting handsy with the measurements. She was ticklish and excited. She wondered about her dress, and making it twirl but also making it practical and tribal. She hoped that Kayden liked it. It would be something she could wear around here and the house, possibly even farming in it. She wondered about asking about making a second one, for when she got bigger in the middle. She felt weighty already, she was glad that she got this vacation before she had to take it easy. She still had not told Kayden, but she would eventually.

"Twirly is good, but practical is good too, something reminiscent of this village, something I can wear around the house, outside but still look nice going out? I think Lianna described it better," She smiled.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:19 pm

*The women continued on getting the measurements as Erith spoke. The one Kayden had spoken to spoke up and the statement of being silly.* "That may seem so, but Kayden is a man who is very dedicated towards achieving his goals. Most of his life was spent in training, at least from ten years. There is little of the child he was before this decision, replaced now with the knowledge and wisdom of the elders."

*When Erith couldn't fully describe how she wanted the dress the women stepped back.* "This dress is yours. He wished for us to make it according to your wishes. Outfits made especially for people must be thought out by them. We may make the dress real, but it is you who must give it form and life."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:31 pm

"Well..." She flushed, and suddenly got nervous, "I don't know what i want because by next week I'll be..." She rubbed her belly, and looked down at her flat tummy that looked like it was already starting to take on water.

"I would like a dress that can be fitted for after...something with a bit of a corset lining, and a twirl to it..." She nodded a bit more affirmatively.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:37 pm

*The women nodded, though they said nothing. But it was clear from the way they watched her and the slight smiles they knew exactly what she meant.* "Very well. Have you thought on how you'd like it colored or any other additions?" *She then looked to Lianna.* "And have you figured out what you'd like?"
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:07 am

"A halter top slip dress, that's white, lacey, and sheer. It covers where it needs to cover, and modest, but people have to really look to see if it actually is covering everything...I'm a bit of a mischievous woman that way," She smirked with her arms crossed over her chest.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:30 pm

*The women looked at Lianna with a curious look before the lead let off a small smile. While it might not have been a typical style worn among those in the village, there was the occasional request for such things. The art of love was still as vibrant here as anywhere, and with new people coming in, new ideas came about to those that lived here.

Though they said nothing about the dress itself, she simply nodded.*
"Very well." *They went about getting a few more measurements from the girls, getting the extras and colors the girls wanted.* "It will take some time to make these dresses. Unless you plan to be staying for a few days, we'll let Kayden know when they are finished."
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:18 pm

"I think I want something summery yellow...anyway I don't know how long we're staying for. It was planned as a day trip so I guess it is Kayden's call what happens. He's showing us his homeland," She smiled at the woman.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:27 pm

*The women nodded as two of them went on about their work. They had what they needed from the two girls.* "From the sound of it, I take it you two are enjoying your time here. It pleases us all to know that this world is looked upon so greatly. It allows us to give greater thanks and appreciation to our mother Naza."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:52 pm

"Kayden has learned of our culture and ways of life, and so we thought it would be good to get to know his homeworld and where he grew up. It's definitely a beautiful place, I can see why someone would have so much trouble leaving. I think he wants to come back at some point, but we too have a farm we take care of. Though there are far more technological advancements at our farm, but the crops seem healthier here." Lianna said and nodded, "Yes...Kayden does not know yet that Erith has his child."
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:58 pm

*The woman looked from Lianna to Erith.* "Often times when one's first child finds its existence, the mother becomes unsure of many things: is she ready for this step, will she be a good mother, and even more, how the father will react. Will he be happy or did he want a child at this point in time? Why have you not told him yet?" *The question, through the previous words, reflected she wasn't asking to scold her for not telling, but curious as to the reason she hadn't spoken to him of the gift within her.*
Erith Colton

Post by Erith Colton » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:28 am

"I'll wait to the last night of the vacation to tell him, I want it to be special...but I want this week to...well...if anything this is our honeymoon...the three of us..." Erith smiled and rubbed her tummy.
Kayden Nekao

Post by Kayden Nekao » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 pm

*The woman nodded.* "Well, don't wait too long. Don't want him to think you were trying to hide it or doubted his reaction."
Lianna Wisner

Post by Lianna Wisner » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:02 pm

"Oh no, we'll probably tell him before we leave, if we wait even a day longer, she'll bump out..." She giggled, and shook her head, "Kayden is good to us. He's very good to us, and we're good to him. In fact, it was he and Erith who established our farm from the beginning, then the rest of us just made our home there. It's mostly women, but we hope to expand it to more victims and families who have been hurt by conflict. A place to live, and start over, and to heal."

Return to “Naza Prime”