The Plains

Gavin Phoenix

Re: The Plains

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Mar 20, 2016 1:31 pm

*Gavin chuckled.* "We still have a little time. Besides. It'll take a little bit to make sure everyone in the village gets their food. So even if we are a little late, You'll just have to wait a little longer to get yours."

*He looked around a bit. He could have easily had his own weapons made here, but it was a skill he had and enjoyed the work behind it. But there was nothing more to see here as Samantha's sword would have to be sorted out before it came here. Moving passed the girls, he motioned them on. He led them out of the building and over to the building next door. Inside, they'd see the opposite of the other building. Women were scattered about with material placed nicely on shelves. From different materials of cloth, leather, and even silk to different colors, there was a bit to work with as it stood. Gavin turned back to the two.*
"This is were the ladies create the clothing and jewelry we where. While the chains and bangle are created with the men, the placing of the gems are done here."
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:23 pm

"Just a couple of phrik or cortosis single edged curved swords. Not a jedi here so can't use a saber. And I don't want to be caught in the middle of an engagement with a sith either. I'm quite a capable duelist though."

She smirked as they walked along.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:05 pm

*Gavin chuckled as she spoke.* "I see. I might have to test that claim some time." *Still, he didn't want her to be set with a simple weapon. Such a thing could be gathered from any blacksmith in the galaxy, including himself. This entire trip was meant to give them more than what they could typically get. From the feeling, the sights, to whatever gifts they acquired. In this case, a weapon for Samantha and a outfit for Jester. He would ensure the best, something better than what could be found in the clutches of society. He would gather what materials were needed, if any, and give them something grand.

He motioned for the two to wait as he moved on to a woman who sat on the floor, going about her business in sowing some of the average clothing worn around the village, the same Kayden had talked to earlier. He made his presence known with the slightest of noises, barely clearing his throat. The woman smiled without looking up at him.*
"It is good to see you again, Gavin. I see the clothes we made on your last visit are suiting you well."

*Gavin chuckled a bit as he knelt down in front of her. He looked at her with a smile as he spoke softly to her, just enough for her to hear and not the girls.* "If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have an outfit made for one of these girls."

*The woman looked up from her work to look at the girls, then back to Gavin, speaking as quietly as he did.*
"Just one? Kayden was here a few hours ago having dresses made for two women."

*Gavin nodded.* "Yes, the other thought she had enough and wished for a sword instead. Also, I would like something else made for me. A cloak with a hood. Black leather with gloves that fit close to the body."

*The woman nodded.* "I see. Very well. We will do as you request." *She stood to her feet and followed Gavin back to the two. She looked between the girls before speaking.* "So which of you would like a dress made?"
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:43 am

"Well measurements are a height of five feet and eight inches, my bust is a, well, size 32 double G, my waist is twenty two inches, any other measurements I'm not really sure. But what dress would I like? Well I have some elegant dresses already, how about a blue sun dress? Or maybe something that you ladies typically wear on a given day? Let's go with that too! Can I do both please?"

She looked to Gavin eagerly.

"Also who's Kayden and why did she bring him up like you should be informed that he's here? Are we meeting up with him or something? Is he nice?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:07 pm

*The woman giggled a bit as Jester went on about the measurements.* "We'll figure out all the needed measurements. Outside of the everyday clothes everyone wears, especially when working, we take the exact measurements of the one who requests an outfit. It does become less and less as time goes on, as those who arrive here and wish for something special settle into our normal way of life. Soon, such requests dwindle. It is always nice to make something special for another." *She motioned for Jester to hold her arms out to her side as she began her working in getting the measurements.* "So two dresses then. How would you like the sun dress to be? As for what we typically where, it is quite varied at this point. Perhaps you would like something more native to our origins?"

*Gavin listened when Jester asked about Kayden. He thought they had spoken quietly enough not to be heard, but it was clear he was wrong. Still, it would be easy enough to pass the thoughts along.* "Kayden is the last Nagarein to leave this world. I, myself, have not seen or heard from him in quite some time. His arrival here is not something I know about and doesn't factor into what I have planned for you two."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:31 am

"Umm, something like this! A simple sundress, like this, with a long skirt!" She held up a datapad with the pattern she wanted. The women were already beginning to measure her. She could not tell if they were giggling because she mentioned her sizes before they were ready, or because for whatever reason they would have trouble fitting her bust. Somehow she figured it was because of how everyone thought of her except Gavin and her sisters, a cute airhead. She hoped she would get over whatever this lack of maturity was at some point
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:56 pm

*When Jester held up the datapad, there was nothing but a blank screen. With the effect the planet had on technology, nothing was able to function, not even something as simple as showing a picture. But the woman didn't seem too worried about it. Through her years of crafting dresses and matching up their personalities with what they wanted made, she'd had a pretty clear idea of what Jester had in mind. And with the idea of simple, it made it even easier to understand. Despite appearing as an adult, she still had the mind of a child. That, of course, was no issue as most women wanted something cute. The woman even had a few ideas herself to add to the dress to give it a little something more while retaining the simple look Jester wanted.*

"That will be easy enough to make. As for the second dress, I have an idea I think you may like, if you don't mind surprises." *She giggled again, but it wasn't for the reasons Jester thought. It was from her excitement of getting he dress made, like someone getting a gift they deeply wanted. It didn't matter the age, but the spirit. It wasn't one of young or old, but of life and the happiness of living it and enjoying what one received.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:43 am

"Oh boy! Hey, I like these people, can we come here again Gavy?" Jester giggled and turned around to look up at Gavin. Her eyes were full of excitement and happiness. She was also eager to know what else was planned for tonight. She could eat again, she knew that much. However she knew as smart as a man Gavin was, he certainly had a plan for more fun. She only hoped that he wasn't going to lead Samantha down a road of disappointment. It was clear in her own eyes that she saw her sister's complete adoration for Gavin. Jester hoped Gavin would at least let his guard down for Samantha. Though if Gavin was as immortal as he claimed he was, and Samantha could just make herself a new young clone body every few decades, their chase across the galaxy could last forever.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:00 pm

*Gavin couldn't help but laugh.* "Maybe. We'll just have to see how things go." *And that was the truth. These little trips were going to become scarce with the trouble rising throughout the galaxy. Before long, these little holidays would be gone, left only with the stress and focus of returning the peace to the galaxy.

It wasn't much longer before the lady had finished taking the measurements.*
"I have the measurements. It'll take some time to finish them, so I'll let Gavin know when they are finished so he can get them to you." *She gave a slight bow before turning and heading back to where she was earlier. The ladies could be seen cleaning up, which meant the day was coming to a close.

Gavin motioned for the girls to follow, heading back outside. He looked to the sky as the sun was getting closer to the horizon. He figured they had a couple hours before nightfall. Plenty enough time for what they had left. He led them from the buildings and a little ways out of the village. They passed some men and women coming in from the fields. Work was finally concluding and everyone was making their way towards the village center for dinner.

It was only a few minutes walk before he stopped them. Before them, they'd see the fields. Bushes and trees could be seen for a far distance, some bearing ripe fruits and vegetables, some still growing, and some that had nothing on them. There were even a few empty spots. There were trails between every row, though every other was occupied by wooden troughs that were full of water. He turned back to them, placing his hands on his waist.*

"This is the final stop in the village before we join everyone for dinner. These are the fields my people tend to, the source of most of our food and cotton. Water is carried within these troughs and can be opened to water everything when needed. We've also learned the times it takes for plants to grow. That's why some plants you may see have things that are not yet ripe, or anything at all. this process allows us to harvest what we need for a select amount of time without giving us too much or little. Saves on storage as well. Everything can be as fresh as it can for us."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:05 am

Samantha knelt and took some of the earth in her hands. She sifted it through her fingers and looked on over the few hundred acres of land. She dusted off her hands and rose up to her feet again. She gave this planet one great look, and sighed. She wondered if she would ever really come back here. Once she got back to Coruscant, she was sure she would have duties. Pawns were already starting to move in the galaxy before she left. Stirrings on coruscant spoke of a Jedi resurgence, a light on in the spire. The Kothryn were back, and the Machines were pressing advantage. She also figured that if the Jedi were waking up, so were the darker forces in the galaxy. Yet, all she could think about was what never seeing this world again would mean. It could be ten, fifteen, even twenty years before she ever saw Gavin again. She was sure it was her own mind playing on her fears, but she held onto his words, as insignificant, or significant as they were.

"Nothing is wasted, and everything has purpose here. Everything is deliberate and has thousands of years of traditions behind it. Again, your people intrigue me, and so do you. What a place to be born, and stay, or be born and leave, and come back to it. I've never had such stability in my life where I know if I leave some place, and come back, it will remain the same. I'm almost jealous. Spent most of my life oppressed and abused by the galaxy, now I'm saving people from being oppressed and abused. Chaos taking a different form, but here I can expect peace."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:40 pm

*Gavin watched her for a moment as she sifted through the dirt and gaze out in the fields. He could feel her thinking, as confirmed by her words. He, himself then looked back out on the fields.* "There will always be a place for you two here whenever you wish to escape from the reality of the galaxy. Ever now and then, we all just need a moment to retreat to some where were stress and worries do not take hold so that we can rest and center ourselves again."

*He stood there for a moment before taking a deep breath. The smell of food was stronger than ever and he was certain it was done and ready to be served.* "I do believe dinner is ready and I do think I've teased you with the smell long enough. Come on." *He turned and led the girls back into the village, returning to the village center. Already people were spread about on the ground or seats around the area, while others were in the center were the fire and food was to gain their own plate. From the group of people here, it was clear this was not all the people. Some had gathered their food and went on back to their own homes as well as some had not yet arrived.

Leading the girls to the center, he got into the makeshift line and waited for their turn to get their food. Despite the people, they were quick to get there and were offer plates pre made and ready to go. On it was a fish that was tinted yellow and had seasonings sprinkled on top, a side of noddles, stew rootleaf, sliced potatoes, and a piece of bread. To drink, there was a dark orange juice. Gavin thanked the ladies who had prepared the food and moved over to a open spot to seat and eat. Using the fork given to them with their plates, he cut into the fish and took a bit, closing his eyes as he relished the citrus taste given to it by the juices it was cooked in. The drink itself also presented the same citrus taste as it was created from the same fruit.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:08 am

There was only one person she was interested in escaping with, but was she really in danger if she gave her heart to Gavin? She figured at this point the most damage done to her would be a broken heart. She nodded and followed him to the village along with Jester. The smells of food, and the sounds of fellowship filled the air. It was time to put the tools away and break bread with family, friends, and guests. Even this was highly traditional. The food looked magnificent and her belly rumbled at the mere sight. She was hungrier than she thought, and she looked forward to feasting before whatever else Gavin had planned for the two of them. She sat down on his right, and took a plate of her own. She sipped the juice and shuddered at the strong sweetness. It felt good going down, after a long hot day.

"You are quite a skilled teaser Gavin," She chuckled as she licked her lips of the sweet juice.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:30 pm

*Gavin moved to some of the noodles and combined them with rootleaf and took a bite, feeling the crisp taste of the roots mixed with the smooth chewy taste of the noodles. He gazed around at everyone enjoying the food and fellowship as they always did. He continued to wonder as he always did what his life would have been like if he had never left and his parents had remained. Would he have left or sought the power he did? What if he was to abandon his place with the Shadows and return here? So many questions, but nothing held the answers. It was enough to push them aside, knowing he had to keep on with his work.

When Samantha spoke of him being a skilled teaser, he raised an eyebrow.*
"Me? Now what would give such an impression?"

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:17 pm

She cracked a smile and shook her head when she asked the question. He truly was not interested in her that way, or he was oblivious to just how much she was enjoying this time with him. It was significant for her regardless of how unintentional this outing was. She admitted to being stand offish with him, and she sort of knew the history between the Shadows and the rest of the galaxy. However her situation would be much different. She was a princess, and a closely guarded one too. The only time she would ever be in danger would be if Gavin shimmered her somewhere away from the templars. Still, if he wanted to guard his heart and keep away all attachments, there was little she could do to break him of that. She would still spend all the time and hours she had on this earth with him as a friend, despite finding herself wanting more. She did not answer him in regards to his question, but chuckled again and took a bite of the rootleaf stew. It was delicious upon first bite.
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:25 am

"Can't wait to get my dresses! I'm going to look so cute! I wonder if I can get a boy to notice me, or..." She flushed at the thought of mentioning a girl. She patted her cheeks to settle herself down. She really would have no idea how to react to either or making moves on her. The thought made her giggle and she dove into her stew to distract herself from the thought and possibly the thoughts of others. She was also excited because there was more for the evening. Gavin really thought and planned everything, and she loved surprises.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:46 pm

*Gavin went on working at his fish, relishing the taste in his mouth. It certainly wasn't a juicy nerf steak that both him and his brother deeply enjoyed, but it was still good, especially when prepared by the women here. Always did they put much care and attention into the food. In truth, that was the people as a whole in regards to everything they did. While much more settled and homey than many places and certainly not the types that seek adrenaline pumping action, they were a people that sought to get the most out of their lives and make each day count. Sure, while living on Naza, those of the Nagarien blood had countless years ahead of them and had no worries of what day would be their last, but they lived as such anyway. It was this reason as to why they were so settled. There was no need to rush life.

Gavin watched the people with a small smile, thinking upon the values, morals and lessons learned upon this world. Sometimes, he found that many worlds and peoples were so disconnected with their worlds and nature, other people, and even themselves. This was a place that could teach that. He even believed that this was the kind of place that was best for those who wished to start anew.

He glanced over to Samantha from the corner of his eye when she looked away and focused upon her food. Despite what she had come to figure of his feelings in regards to her, there were some there. His wife had made sure of that, first by reflecting herself within Samantha to grab his attention before opening the door that eventually led to this point in time. Still, he kept those feelings at the back of his mind. He still wasn't certain of such choices and how'd they'd affect his purpose and place in the Shadows. Time was still an item that separate many realities, if only to just understand them.

When Jester spoke about the dresses and hoping to catch someone's attention. While she didn't finish her sentence, a few options fell within his mind, including a girl. This was only from what he learned of Samantha and Vanessa. While she was certainly more open to the idea of a guy from the start, it wasn't outside the possibility of her becoming interested in a female, if only through influence. He chuckled a shook his head and took a swig of his juice. He wiped his mouth and chuckled a little more.*
"To be honest, I'm quite certain you have caught people's attention. But I doubt you've ever been alone enough for someone to approach you or they knew who you were and knew it better not to. But fret not. You have a life still ahead of you and plenty of time to find someone worth loving. You needn't worry on how cute you look."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:01 am

"It'll be very difficult to get you alone Jester. At least for now, while you still really cannot go off on your own. You'll get there, and believe me I've seen more than a few men and boys gawking at you here, and certainly at home on Uhl Turhaya. You'll have plenty to choose from soon," Samantha giggled and sipped her drink. She continued to eat her rootleaf stew, but also partook of the fish, and tried a little bit of everything else. It was a lovely change of pace from what she usually ate. These meals tasted hardy, most likely because of the work these people did day in and day out, the food needed to match their energy output. It was a hard life here, but peaceful from what she saw. In ways, she was envious of this life, and in other ways, she missed her holo screen projector and her electricity.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:10 pm

*Gavin listened as the two sister spoke about the kind of life Jester would have once she was capable of being left on her own. He knew that isn't wasn't a pleasing thought to know that you were always being watched and couldn't be trusted to go out alone, if only for those that would try to take advantage of her. He had a feeling thought, it'd take less time than they thought. Something about being here seemed to be aiding her and he hoped it carried over when they returned home.

It wasn't but a few minutes before he finally finished his food. Having half a glass left of juice, he downed the rest of it, closing his eyes as he took in the delicious flavor. It was the drinks like this that held a certain level of sweetness to it that he loved most. Some drinks were so good, he jokingly considered them holy and wasting even a drop was blasphemous. Finishing off the glass he took in a deep breath before he finally stood and moved back to where the ladies were. He set his plate down with some that were already building. Everyone had a job, some switched up from time to time and cleaning the dishes was no different. He, himself, hadn't really done much in the village to become skilled at any of them as even when he was on Naza, he was rarely in the village. But he did try to aid them when he was around. However, there were other things he had to do this day. Getting another glass, he stood there and finished the whole glass before setting it down and heading back to the girls.*

"I do hate to rush you two, especially if you are enjoying your meals, but we have one last place to visit before the final festivities begin."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:01 am

"We can head out if we need to. The meal was quite filling!" Samantha smiled and nodded to Gavin. She was eager to see what else he had planned. She was already stuffed, and could hardly eat another bite as it was. She looked to Jester to see what she had to say about it, it seemed that she buried herself in her food to hide her blushing from the previous conversation.
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:03 am

Jester rubbed her nose, to hide her blush. She had to remember when to talk and when to keep her mouth shut. It was a process, and a frustrating one. She looked up at them and finally nodded after a short moment to herself, "We can go. I think I'm full."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:42 pm

*Gavin watched patiently as the girls finished what they could before finally getting filled up. While it was a bit, the size of the meal wasn't much from what they'd receive any other time. It was the food itself, especially the rootleaf. Not being accustom to it, it was capable of filing them up well. Truth be told, the rootleaf plant was a great food source for any situation. It could be cooked many ways or eaten raw. Along with that, it took quite some time to spoil. In their early days, it was developed as the perfect source of vitamins and minerals his people needed. But in time, it was no longer a necessary item so much as a traditional one. Still, eating it everyday did wonders for those who came and didn't have his people's ability to heal and stay well.

When they finished, he chuckled as he took their plates and placed them where he had put his own. Helping himself to one final glass of juice, he returned to the girls and led them away from the central area of the village. The walk was slow and he took them out of the village, close to where they arrived. He wanted to give them just a little time before suddenly shimmering away again. They were growing accustom to it, but after just filling up, he didn't want to risk them losing it all shortly after.

Once they reached the outskirts of the village, he stopped and turned to them.*
"Alright, hang on." *He placed a hand on each of them shoulders before shimmering away to the hot springs.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:14 pm

*It was early morning when Gavin arrived in the village. Despite that, it was still late enough that everyone had woken up and were out and tending to their work. Such a life in waking early and heading to bed late. Those who weren't used to it would certainly feel the drain. But everyone typically slept well and had adapted to the lifestyle, even himself.

Progressing into the village, he went straight for the blacksmith to get things rolling. In one hand, he held the chunk of song steel. On his other side, the large piece of crystal floated beside him. Upon entering, he quickly made his way over to one of the smiths and began to discuss the design. His confidence in their ability proved fruitful when he was told it could be done. It would just take a little time due to the fragility of the crystal and the work that would be needed to properly shape the song steel. He nodded with agreement and left the building.

Once outside, he reached out his mind to Tyra's, figuring she was back on Kiffu. However, he found no trace of her. Wondering if she made it back, he began to scan the planet and found her. Reaching out again, he spoke to her and requested her presence in the village.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Tyra Syen

Post by Tyra Syen » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:30 pm

Tyra shimmered in where she felt Gavin's presence. She approached him, but said nothing. He was the one who needed to speak.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:39 pm

*Gavin watched as Tyra approached her. He took a deep breath, wondering if she truly was ready. He knew what she would face, and knew her mind. But he would not deny her request. It would be the only time he'd ever let someone ask to join the Shadows. However, he couldn't tell her what she was about to face. It beat the point what what she was meant to endure and overcome. If it had been Iris who was going through this to become more capable of resisting the power of the Shadows, he would have warned her.

When she stopped, he looked down at her with focused eyes.*
"You have requested to join the Shadows and have accepted the trials to become as such. Let it be known that should you fail, never again can you attempt to be a Shadow. Let's begin." *He placed a hand on her shoulder and shimmered them away.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:51 pm

*Gavin shimmered into the village and began to make his way towards the crafter buildings to look at the orders for Samantha and Jester. He was stopped, however, when Zaul walked out of the main building in the village center. He couldn't help but smirk. Zaul always knew when Gavin came around, always knowing that his arrival was tied to business of some sort. Due to that, he was always ready to meet and aid Gavin each time.

When Zaul stepped in front of him, Gavin gave him a bow.*
"Good morning, Elder. I had a little time and wanted to stop by and check on the dress and swords for the princesses."

*Zaul nodded as if he was aware.* <<Ah, yes. They have been finished some time ago. I have them with me.>> *He led Gavin to the main building and went inside. Moving to a shelf, he pulled a stack of boxes from it and set them down on a table for Gavin to examine.

Gavin first went through the boxes that he knew to be clothes. The first held both of Jester's dresses. He looked them over and nodded, knowing she'd be quite happy with them. The other box held his robes, but he wasn't so much concerned on them at the moment. Next, he knew to be the swords he had made for Samantha. They were wrapped in purple silk to keep them safe from dust. Unwrapping one, he saw the sheathe was a white color, hard as made of ivory. All down it was an intricate design of purple and gold. Taking hold of the hilt, he removed it and looked over the clear crystal. He could see the careful work put into it, ensuring it was as strong as it could be, sharp as well. But he knew in its current state, it was for nothing more than ceremony. But that would change later once he got Samantha back to do her part.

Putting it back in the hilt and rewrapping it, he looked at his extra surprise to Jester. It was an axe, one to replace what she had. The hilt of it looked like wood, though covered in metal and the blade was also made of crystal. While not what she asked for, he hoped she enjoyed her little addition. Setting it to the side, he then pulled out his box with his robes. Yet, when he opened it, there was more inside. There was a dagger, made of the same crystal resting there. He pulled it out and looked at Zaul.*

<<I had it made from the remaining crystal. I am proud of the man you have become and the dedication you have put forth in keeping things in balance. I believe in you as I always have, my son. I know you will serve the galaxy well in this new era of Shadows.>>

*Gavin nodded as he set the dagger aside with the sisters stuff and handed them back.*
"I will bring them here to finish what needs to be done, along with the dagger. Thank you for the gift. I will use it well in the days to come." *He stood to his feet and hugged his father-in-law before grabbing the box with his robe and shimmering away.*

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Gavin shimmered into the village center, just in front of the central building. Zaul was already there waiting for him and Gavin moved to where he was in front of the door and embraced his father-in-law. Sighing, he pulled back. "Is everything ready?"

Zaul nodded. <<Of course. The real question is are you? I know there is more to this than simply giving to the girls their items. Your mind is intently focused upon more than the duty you carry. Know that loving her is in no way a betrayal to Jade or to me. It is time you found another and learned to love again. There is no shame in such things.>>

Gavin chuckled slightly and nodded with a faint smile. "I know." It was all he could say as he closed his eyes and began focusing on Samantha, shimmering her to them.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:44 pm

Samantha appeared with a ripple, and felt a little nauseous. It had been awhile since she had been shimmered. It did not sit well with her stomach, but she took in a few deep breaths and collected herself. She looked up at Gavin and smiled. She could not help it, she missed him. She kept herself reserved for the moment. She brushed off her robes and stood up straight, ignoring her stomach, "Been awhile Gavin, I hope you're well."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:59 pm

Still wearing his cloak with the hood raised, he smiled as she came into view. He let it fade slightly though as she spoke. Nodding, he lifted a hand and pushed the hood back. "Well enough." He then looked to Zaul who headed inside ahead of them before looking back to her. "Let's get started."

He motioned her inside as he proceeded inwards, undoing the zipper than held his cloak in place. Removing the gloves and the robe, he set them off to the side, leaving him in his typical attire as he walked to the shelf where everything lay. Pulling the boxes down he set them on a table and moved a few things around before picking up to long rod looking bits covered in a purple material. He then handed them to Samantha.
"You wanted some swords made, so I took the liberty in having a special pair made for you."

Underneath the purple silk rested twin swords sheathed in white ivory sheathes, adorn with purple and gold designs. The hilt itself was of a black leather, something that could be changed easily enough if she wished. Pulling one out would reveal the blade to be of pure crystal, a clear one at that. What was noticeable was how well cut the crystal was, looking smooth and ready for action.

"I wanted to go ahead and tend to this before anything. Right now, these swords are ceremonial at best. As you can imagine, the crystal would break under any type of impact. However, we're going to change that now and make them as capable as any other weapon."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:19 pm

Samantha grasped the grip of the sword and played with the balance a bit, then gave it a few twirls and swings before thrusting straight ahead. Her stance was graceful like a professional sword dancer. She knew how to handle and move with a sword, everything from her footwork, arms, wrist, and even breathing. She handed the sword back to him and smiled up at him. She was happy he took her order seriously, but happier to see him. Still, his eyes looked heavy with things that needed to be said. Something was troubling him. "It's a good sword, thank you, but...You said we needed to talk?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:35 pm

He watched as Samantha took one of the swords and began to use it, getting a feel for it. If she was adept with it now, he could only image what would happen after they finished their work and bound them to her. He couldn't help but smile, seeing even his own love for the arts. He hoped that she liked them.

Gavin then nodded as she handed the one sword back. Gripping both sheathes easily within a single hand, he rested his other on his shoulder. As he gazed into her eyes, he felt his strength leave him. Uncertainty found its way back into his being. Never did he fear an enemy, facing them down in battle without hesitation. Neither did his path sway from the duty he gave himself as a Shadow, a road that would be the hardest he'd ever walk. So why, in this moment, was he shaken? Was it the idea of simply being with someone? Was it her that shook him? Or was it what he quietly feared deep down. Closing his eyes, his head dropped a bit as he sighed lightly.
"Yes. However, I'd like to get this out of the way first. Then we'll discuss the Kothryn and what I've learned. Save that conversation for when there's nothing else to be done."

He then turned from her, moving to the center of the room. Zaul was standing there already looking hard at him. He was aware of the shift in Gavin's spirit. His eyes remained hard for a few moments before giving a nod. He moved to a small cushion just to the right of the cushion in the center. Turning back to Samantha, he motioned for her to take a seat.

In all of this, Gavin wasn't a fool, nor did he take Samantha for one. She knew what he wanted to talk about for she desired to sort out the details herself. No doubt pushing it to the side, would frustrate her. In truth, such feelings could be counter productive to what needed to be done in tuning the swords, but Gavin wasn't ready. He needed the little bit of time in the other things to refocus his mind again. He only hoped that she would see it in his eyes. For a many who'd face any enemy without question, to even take a goddess without hesitation, this simple thing was what made him the most uncertain, the most cautious. If anything, it showed just where it stood in his mind: right at the top.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Return to “Naza Prime”