Return of the Jedi

These boards are for planning story lines and working with other players.
Forum rules
These boards are for the collaboration of the different players to create storylines. All posts here are expressly OOC.
User avatar
Arielle
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Arielle » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:17 pm

Khan and Arielle have made contact with Mission and Pax, once that develops a bit maybe we can swing by and pick you up off of Brentaal? I know Miko is hosting Kel, and once the crusader plot wraps up we can all convine at the temple on coruscant for the the next phase maybe?
The Force, Family, Nature, and friends, the basic four things to lead a full life, a life of perpetual growth in body, mind and spirit. All are intertwined with the force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxDS106Xf-E
User avatar
Ashlin Li
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Ashlin Li » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Jaden Kath wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm
Hmmm...That changes things a bit. Jaden probably would have been in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, healing from having his legs grown back after a Kothryn bit them off at the thigh. If he vanished from there, he might have had his lightsabers on him, and one of his belts with various multi-tools. After he was sent back with the initial wave...I don't know. He might have found his way either to his parents on Brentaal IV, or a family friend or something.
Hmm. So if Jaden was sent back via the Force Nexus story, he would probably have been sent back from the nexus world sometime about 10-11 years before the current IC time. (It could have been a little longer depending on whether he was there until the , but would have been at least that far back.) That means he would've been on the nexus world up to 8 total years until one of the shockwaves in the Force sent him back.

He could've ARRIVED back on Brentaal or wherever else you like more recently than that if you choose if the shockwave sent him ahead a bit in the timeline, but his last memories/experiences would've been from the Nexus planet at whatever point he left it.

From there I think it's totally up to you how much of the last 10ish years he experienced (maybe instinctively keeping his head low and either staying in exile or with his parents, like you suggested). It could be the full decade, or maybe he got sent back further in the timeline and had only been back in the galaxy more recently (or he even could arrive back right now in the present timeline year if you'd have fun writing him that way).


He'd probably have the simple linen clothes, maybe his lightsaber, and whatever else he had on his person from the planet. He might be more tanned, have longer hair, or whatever fun things suit you from being more outdoors for some years. We can think of neat memories or things that might have happened if you like.

Once Jaden got his bearings, maybe he finds his ship, contacts his family, etc. And then from here you just decide when/where you want to pick up his character.

If he's starting to feel changes in the Force, maybe now is the time when he returns to Coruscant to see what's occurring there. Or he could go to Bakura and find himself meeting up with Kel while Kel sets about his project of reviving it.

Or let us know and someone can find you in whatever other way suits you, like if he were to contact Coruscant and have one of those Jedi find him like Arielle suggested, etc. Lots of options. :)
Arielle wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:17 pm
Khan and Arielle have made contact with Mission and Pax, once that develops a bit maybe we can swing by and pick you up off of Brentaal? I know Miko is hosting Kel, and once the crusader plot wraps up we can all convine at the temple on coruscant for the the next phase maybe?
I don't necessarily reccommend waiting for Crusader to finish up unless you're super patient. I write slow and long, and am stretching out my SW characters after focusing other projects for the last few years, and I think the others are feeling similar. Among other things, that is part of why we placed it on a seperate ship and thread away from anything else in the galaxy. It might be a long time before that RP story is even current in IC timeline, so I think everyone might truly be happiest and least frustrated if keeping it seperate from any character's IC knowledge is respected. Thank you very much. :)
Don't let your lights go down. Don't let your fire burn out. Because somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe.

Sometimes, it's still the smallest things that matter.
User avatar
Arielle
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Arielle » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:04 am

That puts parties at ease, but I also don't want to get too far ahead so you guys can jump into the main story. But if you guys are okay with it we'll get the ball rollin on the main plot. But is the nexus portion of the reason the Jedi disappered a completely closed rp now? It would defeat the purpose of trying to find you guys.
The Force, Family, Nature, and friends, the basic four things to lead a full life, a life of perpetual growth in body, mind and spirit. All are intertwined with the force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxDS106Xf-E
User avatar
Ashlin Li
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Ashlin Li » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:11 pm

Arielle wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:04 am
That puts parties at ease, but I also don't want to get too far ahead so you guys can jump into the main story. But if you guys are okay with it we'll get the ball rollin on the main plot. But is the nexus portion of the reason the Jedi disappered a completely closed rp now? It would defeat the purpose of trying to find you guys.
Sorry, I think I saw this yesterday morning before the Nexus rp question was added (or else I had a very phased out moment and missed it), so I'd been thinking about the 'main plot' part and how to try interacting with it. If the main story you mean is Iron Hail, I'm not sure that I have Ashlin ready for that any point soon. I would eventually like to interact more as things move forward. So I'll have to figure more thoughts on that out at some point.

No, reacting to the Nexus world/dissappearance story should be open and able to be reacted to however you like especially given the Ilum conversation. I loved reading Mission, Arielle, Pax, and Kahn talking about it and I'm really interested to see what those characters do from there.

I think Jaden is going to write his character in the present time too, and start him interacting with Kel.

Aero put Closed RP on the Homeward's ship title because again, please don't just "find" it. I'm trying to figure out how to best word this in a way that makes sense without looking like it's going to offend anyone, because I'm starting to get the vibe that things are emotional or people are butting heads, and I'd love it if we don't have that.

This is only me talking about my perspective, but life got really overwhelming for a bit over the past years. Good, but without room to think, let alone write or keep up here. I'd had a fading presence for a couple years anyway, which I was pretty open about because life, marriage, work,and mental health had to take priority. For a long time, I assumed (and I think Dillon and everyone else did about theirs, although we werent in steady communication that whole time) that my characters were continuing their lives quietly in the background because they've always done that. Then when I or others started to glance in and think about it, our characters had been VERY clearly written out in ways that didn't allow for slipping back in for any scenes to say hello without a huge IC uproar that looked like more energy than I had. "Kaytren, but you've been dead!" "What? Oh... I was just on Coruscant... No, I'm dead there.. okay, Bakura... which is burned and empty. So I was on Naboo for a while, raising my children up into the people they were mean't to become" Something like that would've felt terribly weak and not been respectful for either our characters or what the present UFRP characters had been writing they were experiencing either. So the divide started to feel rather insurmountable. That's okay. We weren't here anyway and I empathize that writing around gaps can be very tricky, so I'm not stressing about it. There were also some sweet or poignant mentions of characters, like thoughts of Kaytren when I searched for her name, holocrons of Jarod, etc.

Then Ben started a message several months ago where he gently asked if I wanted to come back with him again (he had a few times over the years). I was very hesitant, but it gradually spun into a conversation about "how" we could actually handle writing story in light of our current lives, and also in light of not wanting to just disrupt the years and very final grief, fires, empty temples, etc, that looked to be experienced by several characters on the site. Dillon, John, etc started to add their thoughts to the conversation as Ben or I chatted with them, and then Sarah asked for everyone's thoughts too and it woke up a lot of memories. <3

If huge groups of characters (including pretty much all of mine, all of Dillon's, my sisters', Ben's, Tejas', John's, Clifford's, etc) have been written missing or presumed dead for 20 years, and they come back to find their homes written empty or burned to the ground and things so changed, it does them more justice to write part of what happened during that time for some of the characters coming back. Dillon did a ton of great work taking the "Dissappearance" concept and getting into words the impressions we had of what might gave actually happened to our characters who were all Dissappeared from their lives. That felt really good and like it gave proper weight to everything without overly conflicting without the existing character experiences.

It also lets us completely reset.

The "dissappearance" totally happened. Tatiana and John have been doing the best they can with the temple from what I see, and poor Arielle has had a lonely upbringing that I really feel for. I'm not sure where Diogenes is, but I've missed him too. I've just skimmed through here and there, so I'm not sure exactly how long Kahn has been around IC, but I really appreciated some of the insights and viewpoints he seemed to have and I'm kinda especially hoping to meet him. And Gavin's timeline post is indeed very useful.

What I think I'm not going to do anytime soon is "Find" Kaytren or the vast majority of my other characters. The Dissappearance has happened now, and many of them are... gone. At least for now. Kay is the equivalent of fully leveled and developed into her own soul; but her stories don't really need any more telling right now especially if I have limited time and focus, and other characters who I'd like to explore more.

If I'm going to reset all my thoughts anyway and write characters stripped down to the basics after losing 20 years of the fates, homes, and relationships I'd guessed they had, I don't really need the 'finished' characters because I already know them. Instead, I am absolutely here for writing their grown children, in many ways very grieving or broken, whose lives are irrevocably different and changed. Pax (not my character, but he's still my RP son) couldn't have become the Jedi Sentinel he would've. He's got the grief now of still not knowing where his family is, or what made him "not good enough" to be taken away too. Mission (also not me) was pulled away, but then dropped back into an unforgiving universe and had to deal with it.

The only character I've written anywhere yet is Ashlin, who will eventually figure out a way off the Crusader. I'm going to work on Nomi next and see who she grew into, as she was 8 years old when pulled away, grew up on the unknown planets, and now she's spent the last 10 years with 3 other waking characters on a very OLD, lonely, ship making its way towards home. We broke the ship, too. So that any Jedi who ooc wants to be found can be anywhere by now, either having been sent back by the Nexus as they pic choose, or else found and woken from a lost carbonite pod (Though the characters wouldn't understand what happened to the ship or their pods while they were in stasis). But many of them will probably remain "lost" at this point; at least most of mine will.

As far as anything in either of the Nexus-related spaceship threads is concerned, the storyline is "Closed" in the sense that it gets very awkward and anticlimactic to read other characters suddenly feeling the pain of, spying on, or locating our own characters from long distance when WE haven't even done that yet. Again --my perspective only. But let me write and do my thing with my one character (soon 2, and maybe I'll work up a bit from there) who has only her own perceptions and the clothes on her back right now. We'll find our ways out of those threads or ask for suggestions on how to get back into the main universe after a while, but it might be a bit and in the meantime our characters experiences and actions need to be theirs.

Ben asked me if Kel could sense Ashlin's distress at one point and that was perfectly good by me because he respected all the unknowns and kept things really vague. :) I'm just not committed yet to knowing the exact timeline for those threads, let alone how or when things are going to develop. Ashlin for example is just as blind to where the others are as anyone else is. We didn't set them in SCD forum because these ARE their stories now. But just because something is happening (or happened in the past) somewhere far away in its own isolated space doesn't make our character's very personal experiences and actions open IC knowledge for whoever reads them. Let them find their way first and let us figure out who they've grown into, and soon enough we can all find each other.

Pax and Mission don't even know anything about what's happening/happened in their families' recent history either, except that Pax has a vague feeling that his sister Nomi is alive.

But! The general knowledge of what happened to the Jedi in the first 8 years of their absence is out now, via Mission and Pax talking to Arielle and Kahn. Mission is spearheading writing something that involves their continued search. If anyone else wants to search, that makes perfect sense to keep writing and Mission would probably love the help.
(I colored that because I know this ran long, and I'm hoping at least this much is seen.) If that makes anyone antsy, then please feel free to keep having an interaction with Pax/Mission that at least gets them in communication and gives the rest of Coruscant some closure, etc, and then your characters can always "search" in the background while not being held up.

Just please focus on interacting with the characters actually out openly on the boards, and do not accomplish any FINDING of the individual few characters in question are actually available for it unless they're already yours or you check in with us first. They've been gone 20 years, and I really want to see where that carried mine. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks for reading guys.
Don't let your lights go down. Don't let your fire burn out. Because somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe.

Sometimes, it's still the smallest things that matter.
User avatar
Kahn
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:25 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Kahn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:35 am

I actually like the idea that Kahn suggested when talking with Mission about the chance that those caught up in the Nexus had their presence altered to the point they can’t been sensed long distance and mostly in very close proximity. That way, those who are trying to be found can be and those who aren’t have legitimate reason as to why nonone’s found them. Especially after only eight years of the twenty of them being back in the galaxy. The handful of remained by Jedi still would have sought out the Jedi here and there if only by seeking their presence in the Force. Those that returned would also only felt those select few that weren’t taken and could have claimed to have stayed in hiding until sending more Jedi gathering.

A temporary thing, but can close any doors as to why certain characters were still left without being found, why no one came looking for Mission, why no one found the wandering ship, and so on. Just my opinion though.
“No matter the circumstances of one's birth, the life they choose will always be theirs and theirs alone.”

Kahn's Theme
User avatar
Mission Koht
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Mission Koht » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:45 pm

Kahn wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:35 am
I actually like the idea that Kahn suggested when talking with Mission about the chance that those caught up in the Nexus had their presence altered to the point they can’t been sensed long distance and mostly in very close proximity. That way, those who are trying to be found can be and those who aren’t have legitimate reason as to why nonone’s found them. Especially after only eight years of the twenty of them being back in the galaxy. The handful of remained by Jedi still would have sought out the Jedi here and there if only by seeking their presence in the Force. Those that returned would also only felt those select few that weren’t taken and could have claimed to have stayed in hiding until sending more Jedi gathering.

A temporary thing, but can close any doors as to why certain characters were still left without being found, why no one came looking for Mission, why no one found the wandering ship, and so on. Just my opinion though.
It's an interesting idea, certainly, but I feel it over-complicates the matter too much. Once our characters got back into one place (or even before then possibly) we'd have to figure out why they were so altered and explain a way past it.

The Jedi have never been omniscient, and neither has the Force. There's no reason for the characters to assume that they should have been able to find the Jedi beyond any good sleuthing skills, or to feel bad about about not having been able to find Mission and any others before now. I mean for goodness sake, in the entire last 20 years there were only two or three Jedi available for the search with any degree of consistency.

Characters like Rave, Pax, and whomever the others are cooking up weren't even taken away, but they were never found either. I think in the end, it could very easily just be not having known where to look. The search party went to Bakura, which was a logical step, and certainly a great many other places that they might have gone to following osme sort of lead or inclination. But we're talking about a galaxy here. Half of which has never been explored with anything resembling thoroughness. At the end of the day, I feel like it was most logically just a matter of manpower, and too many places to search.
I'm broken but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind, I'm short but I'm healthy... I'm lost but I'm hopeful, I'm hard but I'm friendly. I haven't got it all figured out yet, and that's just fine.
User avatar
Kurayami Bloodborn
Posts: 7530
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:59 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:34 pm

Therein lies a major problem. The Force IS omnipresent and would therefore be all seeing. However, that does not mean that the USERS are. If the Force willed them to be found then they would be, it really is that simple.

Now as for the Homeward thread, a ship with multiple cryostasis pods holding many Force users would be a very easy to sense thing from a distance, and that doesn't address the fact that the ship itself is going to be utilizing a massive amount of energy just to keep the pods powered and the other issues that would arise from it being a ship that was repaired without a great deal of modern tools. That would make the ship more detectable to normal sensors. That doesn't mean that an exact position could be determined but it would not be invisible in the Force or in other means.

There have been many other Force users looking over the past 20 IC years, not just Jedi, but Sith and Greys as well. The fact that they didn't find them could simply relate back to the point I made about the will of the Force, in the grand scheme the return would be according to the will of the Force. Many of the places in the Unknown regions and other areas of the galaxy have indeed been mapped more than they were before, especially after the return of the Machine Empire. Much of the exploring and mapping was not through manned expeditions but through the use of multiple probes sent out mostly by the Dynasty and the Bloodborn Ascendancy, with smaller expeditions sent by the Jedi and Mandalorians as well.
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
As a demon it uses it's power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies
However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns...
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail its shadow beneath
Until men united wield a hallowed sabre
In final reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man
His own blood and madness soon cover the earth
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
User avatar
Kel Var-Maren
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1484
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Kel Var-Maren » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Blimey I'm quite impressed how difficult things can be and I guess my input might be seen as stepping on someone's toes even if I'm trying not to.

1) We are talking about the vastness of the Unknown Region. A place so big in Legends that the whole known galaxy including the Outer Rim doesn't fully match the size of the Unknown Regions. That was a statement in Legends (I will be referring to Legends as it's more canon to me than what Disney did, sorry if this is going to offend anyone but the whole thing hasn't even been touched in the new canon). A place especially were the Celestials and the Whills retreated to partially warping time and space as the Force so people would have had more than a hard time following. I don't know about the amount of probes but even if the probe only is set to aknowledge a starsystem it would take years especially as hyperdrive jumps need the use of starmaps and well let's face it there aren't that many so the probe could only travel using mini-jumps that's time consuming to the point. Not even taking in account that there doesn't seem to be a straight way to travel.

2) Yes old parts and energy signatures. The Death Star had a special energy signature as well but still the Millenium Falcon got quite close before they realised it's not a moon. Also other close by systems didn't get a reading on what had happened. Short energy surge that's all. Hm, no answer from Alderaan, let's check it out. Star Forge it wasn't detected and if the Death Star had a large energy signature let's not talk about the Star Forge. Ships jumping in behind a moon or planet: undetected during the Clone Wars were people were expecting such things to happen. The Malevolent was detected shortly before it already charged up to fire. Also: technology in Star Wars is quite stagnant as is tactics and all that comes with it. The Ebon Hawk had a class 1.0 hyperdrive rating. Even for modern ships this is top-notch speed with 1.5 or 2.0 being average.

3) Last point I promise. Yes, there are many Force Users in cryostasis but let's break it down. A Jedi sleeping is harder to detect in the Force, a Jedi in a self-induced trance or hibernation even more so. Here we have Jedi frozen like dead. Let's say they are not fully out but dreaming deep down in their subconsciousness. The REM-phase in 7-8 hours of sleep are about 2 hours and can be considered active time. A frozen person normally totally out but in this scenario let's say they have an active fast just slowed down. Let's say 2 hours are stretched out to 2 months as the brain works so slowly. In TOR there is a scene were you are on a planet and the dignitaries are frozen stiff. No Force User has sensed them until they were in the same room. Darth Vader sensed Obi-Wan on the Death Star but not before and Kenobi only masked his presence half-heartedly when the tractor beam had them. For RP-sake I was asked to not sense someone who didn't mask his aura and three skilled hunters knowing their prey being close behind couldn't sense their target.

I'm sorry but I don't see any issue here allowing players to slowly getting back into RP by sorting things out first. Getting used to writing again and getting a feel for what their chars have been through after simply not being around anymore. They won't drift in space for another 10 years IC they just want to slowly come back and return to the site. At their terms yes but keeping in mind what has happened and again: Gavin is doing more than just a great job writing the timeline. The effort he puts into this is amazing and helps an incredible lot.
Last but not least: once more I'm not trying to step on toes if I do please tell me and I'll show myself out. I just don't get why things are being made more complicated than there is need to.
User avatar
Ashlin Li
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Ashlin Li » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:25 pm

Jaden Kath wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 pm
Hmmm...That changes things a bit. Jaden probably would have been in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, healing from having his legs grown back after a Kothryn bit them off at the thigh. If he vanished from there, he might have had his lightsabers on him, and one of his belts with various multi-tools. After he was sent back with the initial wave...I don't know. He might have found his way either to his parents on Brentaal IV, or a family friend or something.
Quoted you again because I don't want to lose you in here.

I saw Jaden's post in the mountains and that he called out. :) Are you writing him walking alone to discover things, or looking for a reply? I don't think Kel is there quite yet. I don't have a char there, but I bet I could NPC some very lonely wilderness for a post or few if wanted. Or I'm sure someone else could find their way that direction.
Don't let your lights go down. Don't let your fire burn out. Because somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe.

Sometimes, it's still the smallest things that matter.
User avatar
Miko Panaka
Grey Jedi
Grey Jedi
Posts: 3029
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Miko Panaka » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:50 pm

Kel needs to be cleared by the doctor first, then we can possibly steer him in that direction.
"I am the hope of the Omniverse, I am the lightbulb in the darkness, I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger, I am the Alpha and the Amiega, I am the Terror that flaps in the night! I am Miko Panaka, and I'm going to break you, like a kit-kat bar..." -Miko Panaka
User avatar
Mission Koht
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:00 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Mission Koht » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:53 pm

Kel and Ami, i think you’ve both made good points, and your perspectives have a lot of merit. I do agree that the Force is omnipresent, I suppose I’ve just never thought of it as omniscient in addition, but that’s very likely just my semantic version of it. I’ve heard fantastic variety when it comes to people’s interpretation. In them end though, Ami, I think you’re entirely right when you say it’s ultimately just the design of the Force, at the end of the day, that kept them from being found on their little ship (and I acknowledge that it’s a dinky little suspension-of-disbelief kinda ship too! But we needed something).

In addition, Kel’s point is equally applicable from the standpoint of the writers. We needed something that would allow us to come back in a discrete way. From an IC perspective theee are a number of scenarios where the Jedi could have feasibly been found on their little ship. But the OOC fact of the matter is, we were gone. So it has to be that way, or we have no door back into the mainstream plot. We just need time, and a little ambiguity to make it work out well for everyone.
I'm broken but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind, I'm short but I'm healthy... I'm lost but I'm hopeful, I'm hard but I'm friendly. I haven't got it all figured out yet, and that's just fine.
User avatar
Miko Panaka
Grey Jedi
Grey Jedi
Posts: 3029
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Miko Panaka » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:23 pm

The unknown region is also where Iron Hail was forged, and retreated into and created a massive fleet to destroy the celestials and the whills. He's not just a droid, he's a celestial artifact, with a bridge to the force. He can come back as many times as he likes, whenever he wants, however he wants. That is UFRP Canon. That is why he is so dangerous, and how he can manipulate the force to bend to his will. He ate the celestials and whills that created him.

The three of us made a massive universal plot, purely because it was easier to keep the site alive, but also so when people came back it was something they could just jump right into. I understand some people feel differently about it, not really having a sense of freedom, or sense of how to get oriented in a place where Mandalorians were once enemies with the Protectorate, and now are allied with them through a marriage. Or where Sith have now set up a base camp in the valley of the Jedi and are now being manipulated by Iron Hail himself, or where Jedi have disappeared without explanation. It's a great deal to take in, but we did it to keep the site alive. The timeline specifically there to show you the events that have taken place, that are truthfully irreversible. They are a part of the history of the site, and what gives it the direction you all have returned to now. It's not a guideline, it's not a wiki article that can be edited, it's there to stay. We reined in all these factions, not over night, but over the course of three to five years through careful rp, (and some moments of pure IC inebriation.) to make it easier to consolidate and keep the story flowing between the three of us. We have been working on the timeline and poor Charles has been stuck writing the whole thing while getting the input from Jordan and myself.

I agree with Katie, that the Nexus provides explanation as to why characters have been gone for 20 plus years. What trend I am also seeing in the Nexus plot is it's a way to ignore the last 20 in game years that the three of us have been writing, either just by necessity, or purposefully. I hope that seems like a fair objective assessment. You guys need time to transition back into writing and that's perfectly fine, in the words of palpatine "do it." My question is what happens when the Crusader and Homeward plots are wrapped up and done? The galaxy has absolutely changed, and whether the plot wraps up at the end of the Iron Hail campaign, or not, the galaxy will be worse for wear during and after it. I love that the Jedi are seeking one another out, and it's a mad dash to find them, and find the reason why. The stuff on the crusader is also interesting to read, and wonder how it will tie into things later on once Jonathan Lynd, Ashlin, and Erril come back into the fold. All of that is wonderful and great.

There is nothing wrong with players getting back into the swing of things, as Kel said, take all the time you guys need, I implore you to do so, but please don't kick the timeline aside once the Nexus plot is over or assume nothing changed in 20 years. The three of us are nervous that all we did is for naught. We simply hope it will be expanded and built upon as we've been doing in preparation for whoever returned. No one is going to be shown the door if they don't follow along or disagree, and that's not what we're asking. We kept this place alive and well for new players and vets. This is just as much for you guys as it was for us, and we appreciate the compliments and the praise we have gotten for doing all we could under the sun to keep this site afloat.
"I am the hope of the Omniverse, I am the lightbulb in the darkness, I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger, I am the Alpha and the Amiega, I am the Terror that flaps in the night! I am Miko Panaka, and I'm going to break you, like a kit-kat bar..." -Miko Panaka
User avatar
Andrew North
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1453
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:30 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Andrew North » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:14 pm

I hope there's room in this revival for one more old timer.

I'm glad to see some old friends trying their hands at this again. I've missed it, and the lot of you, quite a bit.

Given that Andrew has been either entirely gone or theoretically gone for more than most of you (from a timeline perspective, I think the order was still active after I'd stopped really writing him), I'd like to work out what would make the most sense for his return based on the story you're telling.

Let me know what you think.
“Suppose one of you has 100 sheep and loses one of them. Won’t he leave the 99 in the open country? Won’t he go and look for the one lost sheep until he finds it? When he finds it, he will joyfully put it on his shoulders and go home. Then he will call his friends and neighbors together. He will say, ‘Be joyful with me. I have found my lost sheep.’ I tell you, it will be the same in heaven when even one sinner turns away from sin. - Luke 15, The Parable of the Lost Sheep (New International Reader's Version)
User avatar
Iris Panaka
Grey Jedi
Grey Jedi
Posts: 451
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:28 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Iris Panaka » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:01 pm

I have Iris on Bakura if you want to start in a relatively tame environment.
User avatar
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Hi! I'm with Andy. I do what he does... only slower...

But for reals. If I could get in on the action I'd like to. Let me know
User avatar
Zalus Bidan
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 5:31 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Zalus Bidan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:25 pm

I am kinda doing my own workaround on the Nexus Plot with Zalus Bidan and it looks like Cadomedd is in on it too.
User avatar
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 am

Alright, here are my thoughts for how Rik is involved in the Nexus plot. I'mm thinking that the Lost Jedi would order would have needed a means of transportation to get out to the Nexus and had hired/recruited Rik for his familiarity if not knowledge of the Unkown Region. Over the years of trying to bring it back into balance, the Jedi had to bend all of their considerable willpower and a majority of their concentration on righting the problem. Rik stuck around to make sure they took time to eat and not waste away due to neglecting their own physical needs in service of the Force. During this time Rik was surrounded by massive amounts of the Force. I'd like to think that either being constantly surrounded and immersed in the Force caused an awakening in him or that the Force itself rewarded him for his selfless service on behalf of the Light with the spark of sensitivity. I'd like to go with the idea that the Force itself then taught him its ways...maybe too much? But that reality could lead to why it then chose to take those memories from him for a time.

Toward the conclusion of the struggle, Rik was hit by one of the final waves and flung through time and space with no memories of his time at the Nexus but simply wearing Jedi robes and feeling the pulse, the ebb and flow of the Force flowing around him and through him.

Thoughts? Does anyone have a suggestion for a good landing point for the very confused, amnesiac Rik Idanian?
User avatar
Ashlin Li
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Ashlin Li » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 am

D’awwww… Rik worrying about their eating… There he goes with the heart of gold again.


Okay. :) That proposal doesn’t exactly fit, but I realize that the synopsis in Erril’s post at the top of the thread is extremely wordy (probably my bad; I know I wrote a good bit of it). There’s a lot of detail in this thread, but let me try to pare it into a bullet point version for simplicity.


1) 20ish years ago, the Jedi/galaxy were living their lives as normal following the battle of Metellos (It was a largescale event that we can all agree on to anchor the timeline).

2) Suddenly Something changed. Throughout the entire galaxy, a huge percentage of Jedi or even lightsided Force Users physically vanished (jerked away by the Force) with barely a few second’s warning. This was simultaneous around the galaxy, so it left everyone remaining with questions that no one had answers to (Were they even still alive? Dead?)

3) Tatiana and the remaining few Jedi at Coruscant and I believe the general population eventually called it “The Great Disappearance.” Other Jedi (or Jedi students at the time) reacted to the chaos and sudden gaping hole in galactic politics by going into exile or starting new lives as best they could. For all they knew, another Order 66 event had happened. Some of them searched for the disappeared Jedi, but there wasn’t much to go on.

4) With only the knowledge that there are literally less than 5 known Jedi left in the galaxy, Tatiana maintained the primary Jedi base at the temple on Coruscant.

5 From Galaxy’s Perspective) 20 years pass. Politics continued to shift and powerful new factions rose up that have culminated into a huge galactic war. (Happening now!) Various planets and sectors are cut off from each other, politics in upheaval. Bad stuff happening. Over the last 20 years a handful of Jedi have reappeared here and there after being flung back, but nothing eventful until recently.

5 From Disappeared Jedi’s Perspective) 8 years pass on the unknown planet and the dying nexus is finally repaired. Several Jedi are flung back [through space/time into the galaxy], but the Jedi on the planet don’t know what happened to them. The majority of the nexus plot Jedi end up flung to an abandoned ancient mining world on the fringe of the galaxy.
— They refurbish an ancientel pre-hyperdrive starship (from the era when most crew/passengers had to travel in stasis because there weren’t enough oxygen/supplies and sublight travel takes so many years).
— That old, slow, sublight ship is still making its way home. It was damaged and lost a number of its stasis pods along the way, a few of which which may have been picked up by space pirates or others around the ultra-far reaches of the galaxy.


———————————————

*eyes her wall of text*

Well… Bullet point summaries are not necessarily my strong suit, but that's about as short as I could get it.

Is there any potential that Rik had a spark of Force Sensitivity before? If so then you could definitely have him vanished up with the rest? He’d get a crash course in Force using, survival skills, Emergency Nexus Repair by necessity. 8 years after vanishing, he could be flung back into the Jedi in simplistic linen garb and feeling the pulse, but with no memory of what the heck happened in between. Due to playing with time and space, he could even be flung back into present time in the galaxy (still with amnesia as desired).

Alternatively if you want to preserve Rik as a non-sensitive scoundrel, there are some laid-back Mando adventurers who should wind up in Hutt Space soon with shenanigans. We can play with that in your hello thread, or you could get Andrew's writer to introduce us if you like.
Don't let your lights go down. Don't let your fire burn out. Because somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe.

Sometimes, it's still the smallest things that matter.
User avatar
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:27 am

Having a spark beforehand jives with my original direction for Rik years ago. My idea was to have him still get up to some shenanigans due to him having no memory of the events at the Nexus but with a solid need to search for Andrew for some answers.

Thanks for the bullet points by the way. They were definitely helpful.
User avatar
Miko Panaka
Grey Jedi
Grey Jedi
Posts: 3029
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:40 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Miko Panaka » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm

I keep hearing my name thrown around
"I am the hope of the Omniverse, I am the lightbulb in the darkness, I am the bacon in the fridge for all living things that cry out in hunger, I am the Alpha and the Amiega, I am the Terror that flaps in the night! I am Miko Panaka, and I'm going to break you, like a kit-kat bar..." -Miko Panaka
User avatar
Ashlin Li
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Ashlin Li » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Miko Panaka wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm
I keep hearing my name thrown around
That threw me off the other day too, but I figured out they all mean the char Andrew North/Andrew Valor. IC I think Rik and Andrew were in the same plots or running around after each other before.
Don't let your lights go down. Don't let your fire burn out. Because somewhere, somebody needs a reason to believe.

Sometimes, it's still the smallest things that matter.
User avatar
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:48 pm

Haha, sorry about the confusion! Andrew North/Valor and I know each other IRL and like to collaborate of story stuff... or rather I enjoy working with him on stories... may just me ;)
User avatar
Zalus Bidan
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 5:31 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Zalus Bidan » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:04 pm

That's all right man! Take your time there are plenty of plots to join in on, and feel free to start your own as is perfectly okay too.

Right now there's a massive battle on Kamino

Zalus is working on getting a crew together to see if his hunch on the chancellor is right.

Several sith under Nereus took over the mid rim.

Iris just met up with Kel's Guardians on Bakura and will most likely end up connecting with Jaden Kath.

The Lux Dynasty also just ousted the Chancellor for failure to act on the loss of the Mid Rim and are taking temporary command of the Republic to build an army and fleet for them to fight the machines and sith allies.

Luxeria and Sophia are taking control of the criminal underworld for Nereus and the Machines.
User avatar
Zan Arithan
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:44 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Zan Arithan » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:32 am

00c: HELLO THERE! Zan Arithan, returned from retirement. After talking with Katie, I was easily persuaded by the 20 year gap idea, and the majority of the jedi disappearing, to bring Zan back into the fold. After reading up on the current events of the galaxy and the state of the Nexus plotline, I bounced some ideas off with Katie and decided to make Zan a 20 year older man with a wife and kids, doing his best to live the retired life running a farm on some remote farm world place. That way, he can be aware of the events that happened in the galaxy, but have a good reason for not getting involved, but the return of the jedi might be able to rekindle a dying flame.
The eyes that see can be deceived....

Zan'sTheme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMEzUMcu64
User avatar
Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 6914
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Cadomedd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:30 am

Oh! Maybe this could help or not...

I have been talking to North's/Valor's writer. He's actually the reason why I am currently back writing. I've been wanting to write Cadomedd as a Jedi for a while now. So I don't know if by working with Zalus Cadomedd could do some force sensing stuff and could guide them to a thing. If Rik wanted to tag along that could be fine. Whatever works is fine. In the meantime, I'll keep doing Cadomedd the bumbling investigator
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
User avatar
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:28 am

Nice, thanks for the offer Cad. I really appreciate it. I just posted a bit of back story on Nelvaan and am just waiting for North/Valor drop his sollilique when he finds time this weekend. You know how he is with time better then I do ;)
User avatar
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 10:23 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:31 am

But since Rik's return on Nelvaan was a few months ago in continuity Cad's probably aware of his presence and maybe Valor/North"s plans as well.
User avatar
Jaden Kath
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Jaden Kath » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:38 am

Hi, all. Jaden and K'ven Bralor are currently on Coruscant. Jaden's going to check out his quarters in the Jedi Temple and then his ship. Are there plans to have the Machine Empire wreck havoc in the Core Worlds? I ask because Jaden's parents live on Brentaal. Matter of fact, what's going on with the war plot?
And is there any reasonable way for Jaden to meet other returning Jedi?
You can strip away the Force and scrap my lightsabers, but I'll still be a Jedi at heart. Always have been...and always will be.

"Congratulations, Jaden. You're the only thing standing between innocent people and a fate worse than death. What are you going to do?"
User avatar
Nereus Draken
Posts: 413
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Nereus Draken » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25 pm

Hey Jaden! Great question! So I'll answer what I can since the plot pretty much revolves around Iron Hail. Metellos is already taken by the machines. I was talking with Kurayami about the end game plot a couple days ago. I was going to have Kyuzo hit Cato Nemoidia to set up a second base of operations there for a push onto the Jedi Temple. Currently there is a squad of Sisters that came across a deactivated containment unit on Tatooine. A bit meta but they'll use that to locate all the rest of them. Before Nereus commits his forces to the temple, the republic with the jedi are notified by the Dynasty and told about it. Samantha will lead the republic forces with the support of the Jedi at the temple while the Dynasty, Bloodborne Ascendancy, and the Greys coordinate attacks against all the containment units knocking out as many as they can.

The mandalorians will be on standby to support either way.

So yes! We are reaching endgame with this plot finally, and it's very reasonable and realistic to meet returning Jedi. There's just a lot of stuff going on.
~Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.~
User avatar
Jaden Kath
Posts: 250
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Return of the Jedi

Post by Jaden Kath » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:26 pm

"Exciting" is one word for it.

On another related note, Jaden has gone to Brentaal in his ship. Would it be too much if he ran into a group of pirates who are using rumors of an impending Machine Empire attack to scare ships near the planet? (Does the Machine Empire have an official logo, or does it bother with such things?) Nothing's been written yet, but I wanted to touch base.
You can strip away the Force and scrap my lightsabers, but I'll still be a Jedi at heart. Always have been...and always will be.

"Congratulations, Jaden. You're the only thing standing between innocent people and a fate worse than death. What are you going to do?"
Post Reply

Return to “Planning Boards”