Open Terrain

Blaze

Open Terrain

Post by Blaze » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:32 pm

Silence fell upon the frozen tundras of Arkania as the red male Twi'lek fell to the ground, his last breath emerging in a small puff of white steam. Blood poured from his gut as his body heat cause the ground to steam a little as the icy colored terrain became tainted in his blood. A cloth fell upon his body, also colored in blood as foot steps could be heard leaving the spot. With defiant eyes, he looked up at the woman as the last essence of life left him.

Brushing rosy colored hair back out of her face, the woman slid her sword slowly into its sheath that resided on the back side of her belt. Zipping up her jacket, she removed a scarf from a pack on her belt and wrapped it around her neck to fight back against the cold. During her battle, she had remained warm enough, but now that her adrenaline was settling out, so too was her body heat. The last thing she needed was to catch her death out here, especially since the last of the Sith she'd be hunting was gone.

Pressing on from corpse, she progressed back towards Novania, ready to leave this world for some place warmer.
Blaze

Re: Open Terrain

Post by Blaze » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:41 pm

The woman's walk carried on in its slow pace, the snow crunching under boot resonating in the silent tundra. How long had it been since she set out on her vendetta to erase the ones who took her life from her? Was it a year? Maybe five or ten? It didn't matter. All that she lived for rested in those years, her only purpose resting upon bringing death to their door. But as she made her return to Novania, she began to wonder what was next.

All she ever knew was battle, moving from fight to the next. It was the only thing that drove her forward. Even more than that, it was the only thing she had. For years before she sought her vengeance, she fought in fight after fight, never caring who the opponent was. Truth was, during those years, she could remember nothing of herself. In fact, she wasn't even aware of her skills in battle until after the first few fights. It was within them that she discovered her passion for battle, the thrill of the fight, and the drive that it gave her. With each victory, she felt she inched closer to the truth, to knowing who she was. With each defeat, more and more seemed to slip away.

Before long, the honor she held in battle faded and gave way to desperation. She began to fight with dirty tricks and dishonest tactics. All things considered, she had started going insane, driven mad by the teasing reality that all her memories were constantly out of reach, left to slip away with each failure. So, in order to keep them from slipping away, she gave into the insanity, using any method to ensure she was the victor. But even then, she always felt like she was looking through a foggy mirror that she wiped to see clearly, only to faintly seems images before the fog returned.

Taking a deep breath, she was brought back to reality thanks to the aching pain from the cold air. Closing her eyes, she shook her head as she continued on.
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:48 pm

As the shining ship moved closer to the ground, it directed its course towards Novenia. It would be the best place to look. As they pushed closer, she noticed a ship leaving at a fairly good speed. tilting her head, she focused on the ship. With a sudden movement, Luxeria redirected the ship's course, now following the ship, seeking to catch it. "Looks like this Sith knows we're here and doesn't want to be found. They're in that ship ahead and looking to make a quick escape."
Truth is only what your mind believes to be true and the mind is mine to mold. That is why you will always believe my words to be true.

Luxeria-The Flower of Eternity
Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:14 pm

"I love it when they try to run," her eyes narrow like a lioness on the hunt, and she locked onto the ship.
Before my victims die, they ask one thing...they beg me to violate them, one last time. No matter who they are, they always beg, for one...last...touch...

Sophia's Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8761je6 ... 30C737BBB7
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Wed May 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Luxeria smirked a with a faint laugh, pushing the ship to faster speeds in attempt to catch up. No doubt the fleeing freighter would catch wind it was being followed. If they were lucky, they'd be able to bring it down quickly. Otherwise, there would be a chase. True enough that shooting it wouldn't do well in trying to recruit this person, but something told her they were running from them in the first place, meaning that even if they agreed, they would do so easily. "When we get close, see if you can't bring the ship down without any serious damage. Can't persuade the dead, after all."
Truth is only what your mind believes to be true and the mind is mine to mold. That is why you will always believe my words to be true.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 pm

"I'll open the back, I have steel cable and clamps. Once I drop on the top, I can magnalock my boots. Give me five minutes and he'll be ours. Would be nice to keep the freighter too," Sophia reached into her pocket and pulled out some aviation goggles and slipped them on, then unhooked her seatbelt and headed to the back where the ramp was. She got the cable out and fixed it on a utility rack, and put herself in a harness. She hooked the cable to the harness, and got her weapons ready, then lit a cigar, and dropped the ramp.
Before my victims die, they ask one thing...they beg me to violate them, one last time. No matter who they are, they always beg, for one...last...touch...

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Wed May 02, 2018 8:53 pm

As Blaze piloted the VCX-100 light freighter across the terrain, her eyes widened and her breath caught as the sensor started going off. She was being chased. Taking a look, she could tell they were almost on top of her. No hail, no warning shots or shots of any kind came. It meant they planned to board her and bring her down. To that, she wouldn’t allow.

Without warning, the ship dropped towards the ground before making a hard right. She moved in erratic patterns, making it difficult to hit, much less board. If she could make it to the mountains, she could lose them completely.
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Thu May 03, 2018 11:37 am

Luxeria brought the ship close to the fleeing freighter, ready to drop Sophia on top. However, just as she was almost in position, she saw the ship change direction and begin blasting away in a weaving pattern. She then activated the speak system in the ship. "Hang on, Sophia. Looks like we’ve been found out. Their making a run for it. Be ready. I’m going to try and bring them down."

Turning the ship, she begun pursuit. In the end, she expected that she’d have to fire on it, but she needed the right position to disable it it without any serious damage.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Thu May 03, 2018 5:46 pm

"You'll catch up, your ship is faster, get me right over the ship and I'll disable the engines with ion charges, I won't even have to go inside," She called from the ramp, she held onto it with steady feet.

Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Sat May 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Sophia was right. Her H-type Nubian Yacht was certainly much faster than the freighter in front of her. And all she needed was a moment in front. Putting the hammer down on the throttle, the ship's speed increased. She followed in line of the lead, easily able to make the same maneuvers. She bided her time, staying in line as she crept up on it. Only when she was almost able to bump it did she apply more power to the engines, letting it almost launch passed the leading ship, giving Sophia the clear shot to drop the ion charges.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Sat May 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Sophia activated the magnetic ion charges and dropped them at the right time. Initially she was just going to drop onto the hull, but that would have been suicidal. She watched as the blue glow of the charges fell onto the ship and latched. They had an eight second timer on them, she watched and prepped more just in case they weren't enough. The ion charges activated and pulsed throughout the ship. She wasn't sure if it would be enough, but it would certainly slow the ship down enough for two more charges.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun May 06, 2018 5:36 pm

Blaze watched as the H-type Yacht passed her by almost in an instant, followed by the blue coloration of Ion charges. She tried to turn the ship out of the way, but wasn't fast enough as they latched on and went off. While it didn't shut her down, it caused some serious issues in keeping the bird in the air. Even if she could, she didn't have the speed, and no longer had the handling to out run them. It would be a fight now. It was her only choice to get way.

Slowing the ship down, she lowered the gear and landed the ship, eyes focusing to the sky to watch the other land.
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Sun May 06, 2018 5:38 pm

Turning the ship, Luxeria worked to get a good view on the fleeing Sith's ship. If they ran, she'd need to be ready to get over them again. Luckily, they were smart enough to land before letting more problems happen that could cause them to crash. Bring her ship down, she landed next to the freighter.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Sun May 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Sophia was first to step out of the ship, with her flechette rifle in hand. She still had her cigar in her mouth and her aviation goggles on. She waited for Luxeria to follow up. She was not about to tangle with a sith alone. She could feel the rush of adrenaline surge through her body, and it excited her. This Sith did not know what was about to hit him. She wondered though, why he was running. Maybe someone else was after him too? Exciting.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon May 07, 2018 4:44 pm

The ramp on the freighter began to drop down, until finally settling in the snow. For a few moments, no one emerged from it. It was almost a solid minute before someone could be seen coming from it, someone Sophia might not have expected.

A woman with rose colored hair, draped over her left shoulder, focused green eyes, and an attire that was not usual for most. Her outfit was of a dark blue leather, red boots that moved up passed her legs, leaving her up thighs open, sleeves that covered the top part of her arms and was covered in metal. In her right hand was a long gold and black sword and her left held a pointed shield in the same colors. She stood there waiting, clearly ready for a fight.
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Mon May 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Moving to her wings, she strapped on her collar and the wings came to life. She moved outside next to Sophia to see the woman at the other ship. Looking at her weapons and attire, it was clear this was going to be an interesting fight. But one thing did catch her attention: the fact that this was a woman. She laughed a bit as she leaned over to Sophia. "Never knew a man to have rose colored hair or that kind of figure, huh?"

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Mon May 07, 2018 5:09 pm

There was no tell in Sophia's cold eyes, but she was already looking the woman up and down. Another powerful example of a woman devoted to the darkside. She was expecting a man, and as she was excited to face a man and bring him to his knees, yule came early. She let no smirk leave her face, and puffed on the cigar in her mouth, while taking off her goggles, and putting them back in her pouch. She shouldered the rifle and studied the woman. Pink hair, piercing emerald eyes, and her attire was revealing, yet worked. She was a fighter fast on her feet, and needed maximum mobility. She would be deadly with that sword, and whatever other tricks she had. First and foremost, the mission with Nereus had to come first, but she was definitely thinking about delaying their flight home if this mission was successful, "Make sure she can walk...it's a long trip back."

Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Mon May 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Luxeria could only laugh. "Maybe you should go talk to her, see if you can convince her to join us. Use that wonderful charm of yours." In the end, she felt it wouldn't matter. This woman looked ready for a fight, but they couldn't go without trying to talk her down and convince her to join.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Mon May 07, 2018 5:45 pm

Sophia shrugged and stepped forward, as she would have with any of her men and subordinates, with the grace she was known for, and commanding march of a commissar. She knew it was bold to simply walk over to her, with her rifle slung over her shoulder. She took a puff from her cigar, and looked directly into the woman's eyes as she made her way over. It would have been rude to simply shout from across the field. She wasn't truly scared, there was enough medical supplies aboard the yacht. She should have been, but she was curious. She stopped about ten feet away from the sith woman, and looked to her ship only briefly, but made sure that the woman could also size her up. Sophia gazed back with the same focused stare, "Sorry about the ship, we'll replace it for you once we head back to Ruusan, my name is Sophia Valca, what is your name?"

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Blaze watched with focused eyes as the women stepped out from the H-type yacht. She could sense the darkness of the auburn haired woman as it radiated off her. No sooner she cleared the Sith that took everything from her, her life, her memories, that another came knocking at her door. But the question was why? Did the previous Sith get a message out before she killed them? All she could do was wait and see.

When the other woman made her way before her and spoke, it was clear they weren't summoned by her enemies. Or, at least, they were playing it that way. There was silence for a few moments as she looked the two of them over. Considering the one who spoke was with a Sith, it stood to reason she was capable enough to face a wielder of the Force. But it was the other woman that drew more curiosity as well as caution. Never before had she seen anything like that which hung against her back. If she had to guess, they were like wings. But what could they do?

Taking a breath, she finally spoke, her tone firm and focused.
"I am Blaze. I would not worry about the ship. She'll fly again with a few tweaks. The real question is why are you coming after me? It doesn't speak well to assault another, even if it is to just immobilize them."
Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Thu May 10, 2018 7:14 pm

Sophia tilted her head curiously, ready to react accordingly her demeanor was certainly not what was expected. She figured it would be all guns blazing, but she decided to continue the dialogue while it was open. The ship she had was definitely meant to be inconspicuous if she was hiding. It was not as lavish as Luxeria's. She was also quite dressed for mobility, Sophia made a note of that for later, and the moment. As she studied her as she talked she could tell something was off, she seemed surprised, or at least curious about the immobilization of her freighter. Sophia took in a dreg and exhaled, keeping a cold, studying and piercing gaze, "We could have killed you, that would have solved the immobilization problem. But then we wouldn't be talking, which was the whole point of this moment. My name is Sophia Valca, head of Valca City, and this is my associate, Luxeria. I run a pirate city, and she helps me run it, pretty cut and dry. The why of it all, Blaze, is due to another matter which my associate Luxeria and I are a part of on our own accord, and in the grand scheme of things, is why your ship is immobilized. Luxeria is a sith, and a very good one. So how elaborate do you want the why of it all? Sith are better as wolves than running like deer, and you don't look like a deer to me. A man named Nereus has employed us to aid in reforging of a vast sith Empire like the days of Malgus. Besides a woman like you deserves to be at the helm of a Nova Class Battleship, as sleek and elegant as you, volchitza."

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Thu May 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Blaze listened, truly not getting the answers she sought. But there was enough mention of the word Sith and either serving or fighting with some master of their's. It really didn't matter. She had no desire to fight along side Sith ever again. She knew they'd betray her just as she already had been. "Quite a lot of words for no real answer. But if its the Sith who seek me to join with, the answer is no. I know the betrayal they are capable of. They feared what I could do, so they took my memories and turned me into a mindless weapon of destruction for them, all at the cost of regaining them. For every death, they revived me to keep going. Now they are dead and the allegiance I once held to that order with them."
Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Fri May 11, 2018 2:21 am

Sophia tried to hide a smirk, but cracked one as Blaze told a rendition of why she flies solo, "Not a wolf, but a lone tiger in the tundra? So you were betrayed and tortured by your master, Luxeria was betrayed and tortured by her master, and I was sold into my own father's court to be raped and played with to perverted clientele...and my own father. Looks like we all have our sob stories of why we don't trust who. Glad that's settled, now if we can cut through the bullshit, and focus on the why, that would be better, yes? I agree, so one of two things are going to happen after I tell you the why, either you join us, or you'll attempt to kill us. A Nautolan named Nereus Draken is attempting to resurrect the Therian Empire, by means of subduing and controlling the Machine Empire. The short version of that is, he has done it, and is gathering all darksiders who wish to share his vision of a new Sith Empire. You care not for the material, and simply wish to be left alone, but what is true of all sith, peace is a lie. Is it not? There are four other sith lords who thought hiding in the shadows was the answer, but they flocked to Nereus. He wants to carve his own empire, and create a place for the Sith to have their say in the galaxy. No rule of two, no backstabbing, just all of us working together to form our own society, a place for true freedom to give as much as we want, and take as much as we want. And it all starts on Ruusan, where the sith now rest at the steps of the Valley of the Jedi." She took another dreg from her cigar, absolutely hating being so long winded. She was used to short abbreviated commands, then Luxeria came along and made her howl louder than a wolf at night, and now she was as brooding as any sith. She did not want to mar the woman at all, despite her cold, and hollow gaze. But she meant every word, she would either be leading her aboard the ship, or subduing her. She wondered if Nereus was watching. As omnipresent as he seemed. There was plenty of water here, frozen just like home, she did not chill or get a single goosebump on her neck or chest. Now she was thinking of a vacation spot for two. She also reminisced about Naboo, and her promise she made not to share Luxeria. She smiled a bit gentler, "it would be a shame to let that porcelain skin of yours become covered in frost and blacken...you should be wrapped in furs around a beautiful fire, as bright and piercing as your eyes, little tiger. Grab your belongings and come with us, they are waiting to meet you. Besides you're out of options, I'm sure your systems are frozen in this cold, and the only viable ship is the one behind us. Not only that, but you won't leave this system before an entire armada of Machine warships drops out of hyperspace to personally escort you to Ruusan. Or force forbid, you catch the attention of Nereus before he truly knows you exist...because if you kill us, he'll notice. Because if the force led us to you, and he knows we're on mission, he won't have to search very far. See, he cares about his flock. In fact, he's probably watching us now, and he has quite the set of parlor tricks. He'd rather say hello to you, than goodbye. I know I would. So what will it be, hello, or goodbye? Deer, or Tiger?"

Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Sun May 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Luxeria simply watched as the two went o with the discussion. She doubted the chance of them convincing Blaze, with the way she ran and how everything she responded to was held with tension. Still, there was never any harm in trying. If Sophia could pull it off, then that would just end all the better. Still, there was something in what Blaze said that caught her attention. It was faint, she she recalled hearing of a Sith group that had a few powerful members. Among them was one they called the Sword of the Sith. Those rumors also spoke of the particular Sith being the weapon under the command of the others, a being that had become bound by their power. While what the woman said contradicted this idea, it was only in the way one perceived it. Either way, this woman looked ready for a fight and seemed capable.

Taking a few steps back, she began to focus herself just in case things went south, especially to quickly defend Sophia who was right with Blaze's range of attack.

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun May 13, 2018 4:09 pm

Blaze listened on as Sophia continued to speak of what they had come here for. It meant little to her in the end as all she wanted was to be left alone. She had seen the deception of the Sith and this encounter did little to prove anything different. The sought her out and expected her to join them or die. An ultimatum she had no place in following. She then noticed the other woman take a few steps back. Caution and nervousness was suddenly felt within her instead of the easy confidence that had started the conversation. It wasn't the simple tension when one was ready to fight. No it was the feeling one had when they knew what they were about to get into.

Taking a deep breath, she spoke.
"As I said, I know how the Sith operate. Beings of deception who care only for themselves. This Nereus will have you believe this is all for the greater good of the Sith, that you are all equals. Yet, when you achieve your goal, you will be watched by him as a threat the same way you will look at the others.It's how you come before me now. Having no involvement, you sought me out either seeing me as an ally or a threat. A Sith deals an absolutes, as they say. But I have no intention of joining you, nor will I be dying today." She then glanced over to Luxeria. "Even your firmed has started to realize what you're about to get into. So, you have the choice to leave or feel the wrath of the Sword of the Sith." Stepping back on her right foot, she brought her shield up in front of her with her sword behind.
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Sun May 13, 2018 4:14 pm

"Shit." It was all Luxeria could say before her wings flared out, ready for the coming fight. She had hoped herself wrong, but this woman claimed to be the Sword of the Sith. While it could have been a bluff, she figured it was best to play it as if she was. She didn't feel like her or Sophia getting killed.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Sun May 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Sophia shrugged and took out her phrik cavalier sword and took a step back. She did not want to use her firewhip yet, as to keep her hands free. She did end up shuffling her rifle on her back. She had several gadgets and explosives in her commissar trenchcoat. Chances were she would be hit first, as she was a lesser target. Sword of the sith...that was interesting to her, "shame, I was looking forward to having you on your back in my bed...Luxeria's permissions of course."

Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon May 14, 2018 4:58 pm

As Sophia pulled her sword from its sheathe and Luxeria's wings flared out, Blaze saw that there was nothing else to be said, nothing to convince them to just leave. They were opposing forces that wouldn't back down. One side would be forced to submit or die. Having finally regained her life and freedom, she wasn't about to give it up now.

Tensing and pulling her body together, she pushed out in a lunge at Sophia, shield still up for most of the lunge. In its position, it would be a simple task to block anything threw at her, leaving the real first strike to her. As she grew close, she brought her sword around, letting her shield slip to her left slightly as she swung out in a horizontal slash at Sophia's chest. The sword was a bit longer than most, giving her more range to attack with.
Luxeria

Post by Luxeria » Mon May 14, 2018 5:03 pm

When Blaze made her move against Sophia, Luxeria pushed off the ground, her alchemaic wings giving her flight. She would have defended Sophia, but it wasn't until her lover removed her sword that Blaze made her move. Luxeria knew Sophia was more than skilled enough to hold her own, especially at a more obvious first strike. She hovered there above them, waiting to make her move. Care had to be taken so as not to put herself in a bind and to keep from hurting Sophia. Hopefully Sophia could lead the woman away from the ships, allowing her to land behind her and attack her there.

Sophia Valca

Post by Sophia Valca » Tue May 15, 2018 6:50 pm

"Truly not how I imagined this going at all," She stepped back into a fencing stance with her left arm around her back, an her commissar sword in her right hand. She whipped her blade up from the left to parry, and twirl around on her her right foot, keeping Blaze in front of her. She made no counter attack, but certainly wanted to study her moves. The best place to be was right where her shield wasn't. Blaze also had a longsword, and Sophia had what was equivalent to a caviler's sword. Sophia took a stance that was an experienced fencing stance. One that was clear she had trained for several years. She stepped to the left and made a quick slash up diagonally from Blaze's left leg, and back down her right shoulder in near a perfect figure eight. She wanted to gauge her. Something told her, she was perfectly capable of hefting that shield like it was made of paper and feathers.

Return to “Arkania”