New Adervez, Capital City of Nelvaan

Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi

Re: New Adervez, Capital City of Nelvaan

Post by Cadomedd » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:48 pm

Cadomedd listened to Rik's story intently. He was surprised to hear that they shared a similar past, one of heartbreak and broken homes. He gripped onto every word that Rik spoke. It had been a long time since he had asked someone for their story. Cadomedd was grateful that someone was willing to share. Most of his experiences with people dealt with sudden departures. But, currently Rik had engrossed Cadomedd and there appeared to be no one darting for a spaceship.

As Rik finished his tale, Cadomedd began to pick up both trays, cleaning up from a feast fit for a king. After all, a good deed is a pretty good payment for a good story. Cadomedd let Rik's last few words go out of focus as he continued to tidy up. Cadomedd didn't know what Rik was talking about when he talked about a nexus. He felt for Rik's lost but Cadomedd didn't know how he could really help. That's when Rik said one name. Valor. Cadomedd turned back on his heels.

"Wait, who did you say you was getting back to you?"
The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:48 pm

A Jedi friend of mine...well...at least he was... that was a long time ago.

Rik frowned.

If I remember right his full name was Andrew Jeremy Valor. No... that's not right. Hang on Andrew Johnathan? No no no. Definitely not Andrew... James! That's it! Andrew James Valor. I tried calling him Andy once but he gave me this look like he was going to lop off all my limbs and leave me to burn in a river of lava if I ever did it again. Kinda grumpy at times for a Jedi but a good egg despite that. He was a... an Echani I think. I could be wrong though. All humans or near enough humans look pretty much the same to me. It's funny when you first showed up I thought I was sensing Andrew walking up on me! Wierd huh? guess I need to work on my senses huh? Oh! This one time we were in this bar...

Rik proceded to retell his bar story to Cadomedd only realizing halfway through that the big blue fuzz ball had a strange look on his face.

And then I stabbed it with my sword and it imploded! REALLY nice sword too. Beautiful piece, red and gold demasked, great at chopping and pretty decent at thrusting toooo... I'm rambling, aren't I?
Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Cadomedd » Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:20 pm

Cadomedd's mouth began to hang open as Rik began his rant. He described Andrew James Valor to a tee, a rather grumpy tee. Andrew had always been a good friend to Cadomedd, he even tried to help him during the first of the Nelvaanian civil wars. How did Rik bump into him? The last time Cadomedd had spoken to rick it had been years ago, and he was hunting down some slaver scum for some government bureau.

"I know, Andy"

Cadomedd said, his energy growing with each passing moment.

"He's a friend of mine? It's hard to tell sometimes. He fought with me during the first civil war Nelvaan ever had."

The beast stopped talking for a moment.

'We gotta get those 20 years back...."
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 pm

You KNOW Andy!?

Rik's mind was racing. If Cadomedd knew Valor and had a better way of contacting him then Rik was that much closer to getting his memories back. Or at least in having some solid advice on How to get his memories back. Everything was falling into place and Rik was freaking out! He took a breath. Then another. And another. With each breath, he centred himself. He reached out and again grasped ahold of his connection to the Force. Peace. Contentment. The worry and excitement were still there, but they didn't hold sway. Emotions were always a part of the human equation and always would be. But the way of the Force was to not let those emotions control you or sway you from doing what is right. There was a reason for Rik being here. Cadomedd and his knowledge of Andrew was just more proof of that. The Force was strange and wonderful but didn't always make sense at the moment but, with a little hindsight, would never steer him wrong. The new Rik, the Jedi Rik smiled, knowing everything was under control.

Ok, what's our play?
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:58 pm

As Rik asked his last question a sensation latched upon him. It was the restless energy of one who has been still for too long. Rik stood quickly from his chair. Too quickly. His chair was catapulted backwards by the force of his movement. But Rik was fast! In the blink of an eye, he adjusted his mistake leaning back to snatch the chair by its seat with an outstretched hand and whipped it back in front of him to sit on it backwards with his chin resting on the chair's back.

So. I'm feeling a little restless.

Rik then brought up a fact that had been pocking around in the back of his brain.

I see that you don't carry a lightsaber...but you're trained in the ways of the Force. Point is, I don't see you with any weapons at all. How does that work with you being the "Guardian of Nelvaan" and all?
Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Cadomedd » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:16 pm

Plans, they always seemed to ruin the best ideas. Cadomedd was not much for a planner, he was much more of a...not...planner. The beast had been sitting rather stunned trying to put together pieces of some sort of procedure. Suddenly Rik flew out of his seat and with speed Cadomedd was not expecting turned his chair back around again. Whoever trained this guy in the past 20 years did a really good job. He adjusted his face to not appeared as stunned as he felt and listened to a question that Cadomedd didn't get as often as you would expect.

"Right..." Cadomedd said looking down at his hand. He clenched and unclenched his fist. Letting the force flow around each of his knuckles. The small sensation almost felt like someone was blowing air onto his fur. He lifted his hand up and continued to look at them.

"You see, I'm a bit clumsy. A lightsaber is a weapon of elegance, of tact."

Cadomeed stopped talking to let go of a burp that he was keeping inside.

"And I'm not either of those things."

The beast smiled a wide grin as he moved closer to Rik.

"So, I taught myself to be really good at only a couple of things...Pushing, Pulling, Absorbing, and Deflecting."

With each aspect, Cadomedd listed he raised a finger. He never really got a chance to talk about how he fought. Most of the time people kind of just assumed Cadomedd acted like a cannonball on the battlefield. Now those assumptions might be true but Cadomedd felt like he had more nuanced than that.

"With those four things, I can block a lot of stuff..."

Cadomedd stood back and placed both of his hands in front of him curling them into fists. He slid his feet into position, it something that he picked up during his time as a shock boxer. Cadomedd felt like he was putting on the old gloves as he stood in the middle of the tables.

"How about a demonstration? Take your best shot."
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:06 pm

Rik grinned.

I never have been one for lengthy explanations.

At least not that he could remember...

Without another word or thought, Rik plunged his being into the Living Force. It surrounded him, flowed through him, coursing like a mighty river. Rik leapt from where he was seated clearing the table and igniting the blue fire of his lightsaber. He flew through the air toward Cadomedd, lightsaber held in two hands as he swung them up and behind his head to deliver a powerful vertical chop. Left undefended his attack would split the larger than average Nelvaanian in two. Curiously, the thought of whether Cadomedd were able to deflect such an attack never really crossed Rik's mind. Maybe it should have. But Rik was lost in the excitement. Pleasure at this contest flooded through Rik but did not consume him. Nor did it control him. Peace and calm were at his center. The Force was his Center.

The rest?

The rest was just fun!
Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Cadomedd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Cadomedd felt the fur on the back of his neck stand-up. He hadn't been in a duel since Andrew forced him into one. He said Cadomedd needed to keep practicing or he would get rusty. Cadomedd said how could he possibly get rusty if his body was filled with grease from Orvos' grill. Andrew did not find that funny. But right now, Cadomedd was grateful that Andrew kept him in shape because if he didn't Cadomedd would not be ready for what was going to happen next.

As if Cadomedd was programmed his arms moved from his boxer stance to something more defensive. He placed one arm over the arm positing his fore-arms to take the brunt of the attack. Cadomedd quickly inhaled letting his body connect to the well of energy inside of him. He began to shift it, almost mold that energy over his arms.

That's when the blade landed. He could feel the heat burn the tips of his fur. There the blade stood hovering a paper's width above his arms. Cadomedd smiled.

"And that's what that looks like."
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Rik swung his blade down with a mighty blow! And it stopped...

...on his arm...

"And that's what it looks like," Cadomedd said.

Rik grinned even broader. The Cheshire Cat had nothing on him.

Sorry, didn't quite catch that! How was that again?

He swung again, this time a horizontal cut from right to left. A feint!
Rik pulled his arms in closer to his body to avoid Cad's block and instead stepped forward in a two-handed lunge at the furry beast's midsection.
Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Cadomedd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:21 pm

The heat from Rik's blade left its dark mark across Cadomedd's fur. This was a decent presentation of Cadomedd's technique. It was at least better than the time he had Sean try to do the same thing, the kid almost took Cad's ear off. Either way, Cad had successfully sought out what he wanted to do. He relaxed a little until he heard the voice of a man who was looking to do more than just a demonstration. Rik's blade lifted off of Cadomedd's fur and became a blue blur. Cadomedd could hear Andrew in the back of his head scream, "Every blade could kill you." If Andy was here right now Cadomedd would have punched him across the face.

Rik, however, didn't have an angry Echani in his head. So Rik was doing the right thing and try to hit Cadomedd's midsection. The beast shifted the force once more to the edge of his floral shirt. After all, it wasn't just a fashion trend. Cadomedd found that if he focused on a thinner layer of material he didn't have to use that much energy. He was prepared to let the blade hit his side, and in retaliation, Cadomedd shifted his body. It was like a large gear turning into place as the beast moved his weight. He stuck out his leg and with the grace of a man much smaller than Cadomedd, the beast attempted to kick his smiling opponent across the face.
Last edited by Cadomedd on Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:35 pm

The first thing that went through Rik's head was "Man he can move quick for being such a big guy."

The next was Cadomedd's food.

Maybe I overextended? Or maybe I should get a sparring partner a little more...spritely? Tree's aren't exactly nimble.

The gentleman of fortune turned Jedi contemplated all of these things as he flew backwards through the air. He even considered turning his momentum into a neat little flip to land on his feet. That is until Orvos' table got in the way.

There was a large crash as the Jedi and table became a little better acquainted.

Ow.

Didn't expect the kick.

He popped back up to his feet from behind the table, grin still in place but with the addition of a stream of blood trickling from his nose.

Let's try this again!

And again, using the same leaping attack he used the first time, Rik closed the distance once more with a shout of determination... if not intelligence.
Cadomedd
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Cadomedd » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 pm

"So far I've gone over one of the things I'm good at..."

The beast used the rest of his momentum to turn his body around. His feet landed instinctually back into that shock-boxer stance. Cadomedd extended his right hand and raised two fingers.

"Here's number two"

Cadomedd using those two fingers as a point of focus let the force flow through him and then out of him like a well primed grappling hook. The beast wanted to pull Rik's foot upwards in hopes of getting him on his back.
Rik Idanian
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Rik Idanian » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:35 pm

Rik's shout... may have ended a little higher than it started. Men don't scream. Everyone knows this. His voice simply rose in pitch one or two...octives...

Needless to say, Rik was surprised. Halfway through his leap, it was as if an invisible shepherd's crook grabbed him by the ankle and PULLED. If he had been standing, he would have ended up on the ground but while in the air? Rik was yanked into a series of less than controlled backflips.

The Jedi was not amused.

How could this happen? He thought. I'm supposed to be better than this! I'm a Jedi, right? Aren't I supposed to be skilled? Poised even? Like, untouchable?

But the more he thought, as he pinwheeled through the air in subjective slow motion, the more he began to realize what he had been doing. Rik had been calling on the Force to help him, not letting the Force guide his actions. The excitement had gotten to him. It had distracted. It had defeated him more swiftly then even Cadomedd had. The joy wasn't bad or evil. The lightheartedness wasn't wrong. He had called on the Force and it had answered, but it gave to him what he asked. No more. The point was to wait. To wait and see what was best, instead of reaching for what was good, and immediate.

And so, with this revelation in his heart...and egg on his face... Rik, though flying foolishly through the air, centred himself. He called. Then waited. And the Force FLOWED through him.

If one had imagined a river before, one would have had an accurate description. But now? Words can't suffice.

His tumbling through the air carried him over Cadomedd's head, and then, he was no longer tumbling. The twists were controlled, elegant, beautiful. Rik landed in a crouch and slowly stood. His smile was still in place but it was different, tempered maybe. It was still happy but had an understanding behind it. A weight that led credence to the emotion. It was not an entirely comfortable thing to look at without careful, sober consideration of the implications.

Rik raised his lightsaber up to a high guard, hands at eye level. Blade parallel to the ground. Eyes closed. One squinting mischievously open.

What's number three?

Return to “Nelvaan”