Embassy of the Lux Dynasty

This is the long held seat of power for the Republic.
Jester Lux

Re: Embassy of the Lux Dynasty

Post by Jester Lux » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:12 pm

"Well it sucks!" She pouted.
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:26 pm

John headed to the office and nodded to the woman at the front desk, "I am general John Bickket of the Jedi Temple of Coruscant. I've come on behalf of the Jedi Order and recent ordeals. We have concerns about the republic that only someone like Senator or Princess Samantha Lux can help with."

"I will notify her," she answered, "Senator Lux? A General John Bickket would like to speak with you."
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:27 pm

::Send him in,:: she answered.
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:35 pm

"Around the back and to the left, General Bickket," She nodded to him.

"Thank you," he headed to the back where the office was. He headed into the office and saw Samantha sitting at her desk. "Senator...or...princess? A pleasure to meet you. I'm here with a grave concern."
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:15 pm

"Princess Samantha...she's a new secretary," She smiled and stood up to meet him. She shook his hand and sat down on the couch, "come and tell me what troubles you. To what do I owe the pleasure of meeting a Jedi?"
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:57 pm

John flushed just a little bit a the notion of being considered a Jedi, "no, just a clone...not a Jedi. As you know, the mid rim is lost. And so is mon cal, and Kamino is under siege. The Jedi responded, and the republic has not. They have been unresponsive for the past several conflicts. I wish to motion to the senate a vote of no confidence in Chancellor Lynd. Without republic support we won't see victory. Make a motion for Dynasty support for republic troops, and rebuild the fleet. At least until the conflict ends. We need their support."
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:49 am

"Chancellor Lynd has been absent on leave for a considerable amount of time. I think that settles it well enough. If he will not come back and resume his duties, then we will find someone who will. The mid rim is beyond lost. Any more lost systems and we may as well hand the galaxy over to the machines. I hope whatever Chancellor Lynd was doing was important enough to cost him his seat," Samantha stood up and nodded to John, she too was fed up, and lead the way out of her office. "follow me."
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:13 pm

Samantha headed back to the Embassy with John. She entered her office and sat back down on the couch. A serving droid already had tea prepared for the both of them. She sipped it gingerly with a smirk on her ruby red lips. She knew the torrential storm that was potentially coming her way. She just took over the republic, at least temporarily. The Lux Dynasty would return power once the crisis was over. But it surprised her that Chancellor Lynd was gone for so long while the galaxy fell apart.
"I don't think that could have gone smoother, with the senate now on board I can have Raul build another army and fleet for the Republic. Under contract of course, once the war is over the fleet will be scrapped and the clones retired."
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm

"I am grateful for your assistance, with the republic up to standards we should have another grand army to throw at the machines. That would strengthen the alliances greatly. The Dynasty has carried the weight of the galaxy for quite awhile. But this crisis is too much for any one faction," John smiled, relieved that his voice was heard, and glad that the Jedi and Republic were no longer on the sidelines. It always bothered him for years that the Protectorate, now Dynasty were the only ones keeping the peace it seemed. Now the Jedi and the Republic had the chance to return the favor.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:47 pm

"It will be a considerable upset for Johnathan Lynd when he returns. Falling asleep at the wheel has its consequences. Such as losing the entire mid rim while on vacation. Such actions are intolerable," Samantha sipped her tea with a look of relief. Truth be told it was a little payback for the senate kicking the Dynasty out of the spice trade crackdown.
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:32 pm

"Well now the republic has been jumpstarted again, I must return to the temple. I hear Kamino needs assistance. The Machines are relentless and bold," he bowed in respect, "thank you for your help." He turned and left the offices.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:04 pm

"You are very welcome, I hope we all survive the current conflict," she gave the man a polite nod and when he left she webt about her work. Her office exploded with incoming messages she had to answer.
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:36 pm

Sean stood outside of the offices of the dynasty and gawked. It was not every day that he witnessed such artistry. Nelvaanians definitely had some splendors but they were a minimalist people so standing in front of something such as this office was quite different for Sean. In front of him, he could see lines of people walking in and out of the doors a constant river of people all heading in different directions.

Sean nudged, pushed, and squeezed his way through the crowd until he found himself in the main lobby. Nelvaan's leader stood in the center of the room, his robes all askew from the crowd, and looking like a fish out of water. The blue-haired man made his way towards the front desk. He gestured for the nearest assist. Sean smiled a toothy grin.

"Excuse me, I'm here to set-up a meeting with the ambassador." Sean stated laying on his leader of the people voice. "The Leader of Nelvaan would like to have a word."
“Every once in a blue moon, something new comes along that scrambles your preconceptions.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:53 pm

The zeltron secretary nodded with a friendly smile, "as you can tell we are particularly busy today, but Samantha just got out of a meeting. I don't see you on our roster of delegates...so if you're new, I'll set up an immediate appointment. It cuts down on the wait. Ambassador Lux, the leader of Nelvaan seeks an audience," she spoke over the comm.

"Send them in, my office is open," she replied.

"Around back you'll find her office, follow the signs," she smiled to them.
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:16 pm

"Thank you very much," Sean said nodding to the Zelton.

The blue-haired man turned away from the desk, he took a moment to breathe. As the air filled his lungs he could feel his body relax. He began to make his way to the ambassador's office. With each step, Sean took he could feel his body grow with confidence. He could do this, he could do diplomacy. A glint caught the corner of his eye, Sean turned towards the light. The reflected surface dragged Sean in showing him his rather disheveled state. Quickly Sean adjusted his robes. He stopped for a second, and kind of lost himself in his reflection. A couple of years ago he was lost to space, and now he was setting up meetings in the Galactic Senate. He turned back to the hallway.

He found the door to the ambassador's room, and with one last deep breath, he entered the room.

"Hello, Ambassador. Thank you for meeting with me."
“Every once in a blue moon, something new comes along that scrambles your preconceptions.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:07 pm

Samantha gave a warm smile and rose from her desk to come over to shake the man's hand, "a pleasure to meet you, I am Ambassador Samantha Lux, Princess of the Lux Dynasty. I believe I got your title but not your name. We try to keep a good record of names of those that wish to speak to us. May I offer you something to drink? What is the nature of your visit?" She asked as she took a seat on the couch that was a more comfortable meeting space than her desk.
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Sean shook the outstretched hand revealing more of the exposed Nelvaanian tribal tattoos that covered his body. He took a second after she said her name. He looked puzzled and took the seat that was being offered.

"Lux?" Sean asked, "Wait, like the Lux Dynasty, Lux?"

Sean quickly shook his head and regained his more regal composure.

"How rude of me. My name is Sean, Sean Blue. I am the current Falkavezér of Nelvaan or in another basic the Pack Leader of Nelvaan. "

Sean leaned forward.

"I'm sorry for the questions it's just when I was watching the holovids earlier I knew I wanted to look for the ambassador of the Lux Dynasty, I didn't know that I would be talking to a member of the Lux family."
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm

"A pleasure to meet you Falkavezér Sean Blue. I have no trouble with proper titles," she giggled a little bit at his brief moment of stumbling over speaking to royalty. "You're just fine. Like my older sister, we prefer to work and meet face to face with all the Goddesses children. That is how we have operated for many years now. This meeting would be the equivelent of standing in the great white gold temple on Manaan in the presence of the Queen herself. There are three of us sisters. That is neither here nor there, what can I do for your people on behalf of the Queen and the Great Bearer?"
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:20 pm

Sean gulped. Most of the time on Nelvaan he was dealing with local troubles, he was good with his own people. He handled the great food shortage like a pro but talking to others outside of his reign this was a challenge. He smiled trying to get his mind into relaxing.

"I know that Nelvaan has not been on most people's mind of late, and we are actually doing that on purpose."

Sean leaned back in the couch, indulging in the soft pillowy texture

"With what I saw happen in the Senate I wanted to know more about now one of the major players in the galaxy, and to ask for one request. But before we get to that I would love to know more about this dynasty of yours."

Sean smiled feeling his body relaxing with each passing second.

"So to start with who is this queen, and what is a Great Bearer?"
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:51 am

"Oh, why the change in discretion?" She asked as she too sunk into the couch.

A droid came in and brought them tea, then skittered off back to the kitchens. Samantha sipped hers as she leaned back, "Well whatever the reason, it brought you here. We were never major players, not in the sense of power, as Raul Endymion would have had you believe fourty years ago. He was merely a steward for when I and my sisters came of age. The Lux Dynasty, if you want a long winded explanation, is the all encompassing vision of selfless duty to defend the defenseless. We follow a simple creed, to protect the Children of the Great Bearer, the Goddess of all pains, some call her Anguish, others call her the Mother or the Goddess. She is a voice and a light in the force that cries and weeps for those that are impoverished or persecuted. One man answered that call, Raul Endymion, and with it, took out a great empire and built the Tau Ceti Mercenary corporation, which evolved to the Tau Ceti Protectorate, and now as you know it, the Lux Dynasty. We simply do what others cannot, we hear the cries of a world, and we come to their aid. Systems now come to us, to ask for our protection, and we aid them whenever they are in trouble. We however do not plant soldiers or personnel on planets unless absolutely necessary. We provide a service. Queen Vanessa, is my older sister, she was given the right by the Mother to be her physical embodiment. The Mother, is as I said, the voice and the light of the force that is in all of us. When we are in pain, she is in pain. We of the Dynasty are simply her benevolence in physical form. We don't seek to control or conquer, only protect and serve. As you saw today, the Galactic Alliance failed to stop the Machines from conquering the whole of the Mid Rim. And we are simply just one faction, with many allies. We are spread thin as is, and we need the Galactic Alliance.
Blue

Post by Blue » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:10 pm

Sean sipped his tea, it's fruity aroma warmed his body. He nodded as he listened intently on Samantha. With each word that came at of her mouth, Sean found himself creating a map inside of his head, making sure to hold every ounce of information. This Lux Dynasty was very different from what he previously thought, maybe that had to do with the dynasty. The blue-haired man could never get behind the word dynasty, his father and Sean had dealt with them enough during their time. The tea continued to engage him with each sip he took.

Sean placed the cup on the table and rubbed his chin.

"Fascinating."

Sean leaned back in his chair, placing his leg on top of the other.

"I am not a religious man myself, so if I come off insensitive I do apologize. It sounds like your mission is of charity, which I couldn't be more happy about but I must know that one cannot simply do charity and thrive, how are you able to keep up the demands for your troops?

Sean crossed his arms. He was new to this diplomacy concept and he wanted to make sure that he didn't step on to many toes. This might have been a bad idea. He gulped.

"The reason I am reaching out, however, is...to make sure that we have an understanding of sovereignty"
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:33 pm

Samantha sipped her tea and gave a warm smile at the question. Many had asked it before. There was a simple answer to it. He asked good questions. She set the cup down and straightened out her white dress, "I'm glad you asked. The Dynasty only holds command over three worlds and their economies. We are supplied and backed by Ceti Industries for our troops and vehicles. Ceti Industries is the second largest corporation in the galaxy. We do not ask for tributes for protection."

She thought but a minute on the second concern, and nodded understandingly, "You will be able to keep your sovereignty with no issue from the Dynasty nor the Republic. That is not our way. We have three worlds we rely on, that are committed to the Goddess. You will not find a single one of our soldiers on your world today or tomorrow unless you ask for our help. Only then will we come, whatever you need whatever aid you require, our soldiers will be there. We are not authoritarian."
Blue

Post by Blue » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:32 pm

Sean let out a small sigh of relief. Even though he was prepared for negotiations to go south, he was glad to find an even keel. He sipped his tea, his thoughts brewing in his head. This was still a time to get answers, and Sean wasn't going to let this opportunity slip away. He placed his leg back on the ground and adjusted himself to make sure that he made eye-contact with the ambassador.

"I appreciate your answer, Ambassador Lux. We are a people who are still trying to find our place in the world and we want to do it ourselves. We have a bad history of outsiders meddling with our affairs.

He lowered his cup to the table, the soft ting of porcelain hitting porcelain rang clear.

"Would you mind if I asked you a few more questions?"

Sean's eyes were fierce but his smile was genuine. The blue-hair man wanted to cover all of his bases.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:44 pm

She nodded, she was happy she could provide some consolation on the Dynasty's behalf. Many remembered the old way of protection and occupation. The Dynasty had a different method. Complete voluntary aid. And it surprised and worked with senators, "ask away."
Blue

Post by Blue » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:05 pm

"Can you enlighten me about the recent events pertaining to the Mid-Rim?"

The blue-haired man sipped his tea once more.

"I heard from the grape-vine that they have been closed off so to say."
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:26 pm

"It started when Concord Dawn and Roon were attacked simultaneously. Then Naboo willingly allied itself with the Machines and Sith, and cut off access to the Council of Knowledge. Togoria fell soon after. Four systems in less than a month. Most major systems in that area are out of contact, most of them mandalorian worlds." She sighed with a shake of her head. Iron Hail was back.
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:03 am

Sean paused. That was unsettling. He heard rumors of the machines taking over swaths of the galaxy, he didn't realize that took over a whole section.

"So, what's Dynasty's plan? How are you going to liberate the systems?"
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:54 pm

She nodded respectfully to his question, "We over the course of time and a marriage between my sister and the current Mandalore developed a coalition of factions to combat this. The Dynasty has been in preparation for years. We were still caught off guard. We arr allied with the Jedi, Grey Jedi, Mandalorians, Bloodborn Ascendancy, Shadows, and Kiffu Guardians to combat this threat."
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:51 pm

"I wish you the best."

Sean finished the last of his tea. The galaxy has grown since the last time he was out there. He placed the teacup back on the end table. He stood up, an adjusted his robes.

"I appreciate your time, Ambassador."

He bowed slightly. Trying to remember the common courtesies Cadomedd taught over the past 30 years.

Before I go..."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a comm link. He handed it towards the lady.

"If you ever need to reach me, this is one of my personal comms. It provides direct access. Now, I can't say that Nelvaan is ready to support a war effort, but we are quite good at keeping people secret"

Return to “The Galactic Senate”