Embassy of the Lux Dynasty

This is the long held seat of power for the Republic.
Blue

Re: Embassy of the Lux Dynasty

Post by Blue » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:55 pm

Sean paused a moment. $***. Here he was in the center of the galaxy, proving his worth, and now after all of that, diplomacy he says something stupid. For years, Nelvaan has been an oasis for the downtrodden, the weary. Sean has been trying to make sure that the planet was a secret and to do so he had to make deals with people. Deals that involved people disappearing from the galaxy. He thought about the Jedi without memories who wound up on their doorstep, and Mr. Whitaker an agent for Coruscant who wanted Sean to remain as silent as possible.

The hairless Nelvaanin tried to keep his composure, but he was pretty sure that his eye twitched every so slightly.

"Um...Yes, that is a strange thing....yep..."

Sean could feel the awkward tide raising inside of him.

"Let's just say that Nelvaan has been really good at keeping people who don't want to be found, off the grid. It's actually how we make some of our profit. I don't want to dive into details but we have been known to keep people safe.

Sean could feel the sweat forming on his brow. All he has to do is to keep it together. A few more minutes and he should be out of here.

"It's nothing you should worry about. I just wanted to extend the offer, in case this whole galaxy turns on its head."

Sean stared out Samantha's window at the bustling cars. He could remember the days when he and his father traveled. He remembered those times when they saw war, not galactic, but still war. His heart sunk a little.

"My father and I have seen too many situations go too far south. I apologize if you were
“Every once in a blue moon, something new comes along that scrambles your preconceptions.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:59 pm

Samantha nodded knowingly, but she laughed a little at the thought of needing to hide. Gavin had brought the idea to her as well. As she was a prime target for the machines and sith or whoever else looking to make a credit. She knew she was always at risk.
"I have my own security detail and hide away locations, in fact two of them are standing in this room and you haven't even noticed. I am well cared for and I thank you for the offer. Whoever you are protecting, I am sure they are important to you. They should be honored to have someone like you protecting them," her smile on her ruby red lips was warm and comforting.
Blue

Post by Blue » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Sean returned the smile. It is not often that he receives compliments. Usually, Ruz just yells at him to do more paperwork. The blue-haired man bowed to the ambassador.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Ambassador. Thank you for taking the time."
“Every once in a blue moon, something new comes along that scrambles your preconceptions.
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Samantha nodded back and smiled respectfully, "Thank you for your visit, Falkavezér Sean Blue. May the Mother protect you."
Blue

Post by Blue » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:45 pm

Sean smiled and proceeded to leave the office. The tranquility of the Ambassador's room exploded into chaos, causing the hairless Nelvaanian to almost lose his breath. Sean took a moment outside of the door, standing in the midst of the river of people. In that moment of serenity, Sean could feel something tugging at his robes. The man looked down. Nothing. Sean cocked his head. That was odd.

Suddenly Sean could feel his whole body being dragged as if some unknown being was pulling him. Sean stood his ground. He took a breath. He could hear his father's words. You are connected to life, Sean. This thing...some call it the force others have called it by a thousand other names. This connection is inside of you. Listen to it. Embrace it.

Sean's face went from smiling to beaming. Finally, something that he was good at, finding trouble. The Blue haired man peeled out of the ambassador's office feeling the draw. He was quick on his feet and quicker to find this newly found distraction. The once bustling crowd went out of focus as the leader of a planet began to duck and weave through the crowd.

Sean turned on his heels. He forgot about something. He went back to the reception desk. His eyes located the lovely zeltronian receptionist.

"Thank you. You were really helpful."

With the pleasantries out of the way the leader of Nelvaanian almost sprinted out of the Embassy feeling the slight pull of adventure gripping at his soul
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:03 pm

Samantha went back to answering calls and getting things in order after the PR nightmare of unseating Johnathon Lynd as Chancellor. She was Chancellor now and had great responsibilities not only now to the Dynasty but aiding the rest of the systems through the chaos of the machines and sith. Part of it made her skin crawl, what if he came back and tried to take the reins again? Or sent one of his subordinates? She couldn't think like that, she knew what she did, and she was committed to protecting the children of the Great Bearer. There were bigger issues than spice trades, like reclaiming the mid rim. If an absent chancellor would not come back to office over the loss of Naboo, then there was a problem. Still, she found herself in a better mood after meeting Sean. She kept the thought in the back of her mind as she worked.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:24 am

The week had passed by in nearly a flash. Shimmering into the main room of the penthouse, Gavin removed his jacket and tossed it onto the couch before sitting down next to it. He knew Samantha would still be busy downstairs and he didn't want to interrupt Jester if she was going about her normal thing, wanting her to enjoy what time she had left without knowing it was finally the last day with her training about to begin.
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Jester made it back to the embassy on her speeder after a long day of shopping and gaming. She had some new stuff for training and did one final raid with her guild before coming back. She set the bags down in her room and immediately sensed that Gavin was in the common space. She smiled and headed out of her room to see him, she had a bright expression on her face. She knew the training would be rough, and beyond what she even thought was rough, but she wanted to be better, and break people's thoughts on her as a simpleton. She smiled and hugged him, "Good to see you Gavin! Have you been well? Samantha's been busy all day!"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:47 pm

Gavin turned his head as Jester came in. "Well enough. Its always a task preparing things for an apprentice, especially with only a week. But still, no big dal. All is ready for when we depart. And I can imagine she's been busy. A life of politics is sometimes harder than that of a warrior. And how have you been? Enjoying your week, I hope?"
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:39 pm

"Oh it'll be good! I even got new boots for it! Went to a camping store and everything!" Her eyes were as expressive and excitable as always.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:29 am

"I’m glad you are excited. Don’t lose that spirit. I also have clothes being made for you as well. Breathable and comfortable for the work you’re about to put in.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:38 pm

"Well that's good! I figured some boots would help, and be a little reminder of what to look forward to when I get to come home. I hope I get healed, and learn some things. And maybe see Jasen too?" She giggled excitedly
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:09 pm

Gavin shrugged. "While I’m more than certain on the first two, I don’t know about seeing Jasen. There’s no telling where she is or if she’ll be returning to Naza. But I wouldn’t worry to much about it. I would, however, look to enjoy what else you can today. Tomorrow morning, we head out."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:59 pm

"Well you better see Samantha before we go, she's been busy doing senate stuff. The dynasty took command of the senate until Iron Hail and the machines were defeated," Jester took a finger and booped Gavin on the nose.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:40 pm

Gavin shook his head with a smirk. "Now why do you think I said we’d be leaving in the morning."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:21 pm

"Good point," she laughed, "so when are you picking up Iris? Same time?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:42 am

Gavin shook his head with a smirk, her curiosity at meeting someone new. "As soon as we leave here, we’ll be picking her up. Do try to contain your excitement when meeting her. You’ll have plenty of time to get acquainted."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu May 09, 2019 2:36 pm

Samantha was trying to finish up her work in the office, when she received one final visitor for the day, he was dressed in the finest robes, and his hair was black and oiled back, his complexion olive, and his eyes a piercing green. His robes marked him as a Chancellors assistant. Her ruby red lips curled into a small smile, but on the inside, she was irritated at the man. She already knew why he was here, but formalities were the bane of negotiation. She rose from her desk and nodded to the man, "You are an assistant to the Chancellor, I assume?"

"Why yes, My name is Davin Loran," The man's accent was thick, but he bowed in respect to her as an ambassador and of the Lux Monarchy, "I beg your pardon for the intrusion, but I was informed by my superiors to come to you, and ask you...reconsider. Despite the addition of a republic army and navy, albeit temporary, and the urgency of the machines, this maneuver you have done in the midst of Chancellor Lynd's absence can only be seen as treason. By him and those that support him. Chancellor Lynd has not truly been informed of this situation yet. For him to come home to a cleaned out chambers would be very...insulting to his work."

Samantha figured this would happen eventually, this was at best a courtesy, to keep the Chancellor from bringing the hammer down himself in whatever way he deemed appropriate. The negligence and the withdrawn nature of the Chancellor is what lead up to the events of the Sith and the Machines allying. It's why the Jedi were as weak as they had been for so long, and now she was called a traitor, which only meant that once the war with the machines was over, the eyes of the Republic would be turned on the Dynasty as a threat. This ambassador was a tactless fool, as was the Chancellor for thinking he could slip away while the galaxy fell to ruin, "I bet you're really proud of your illegal spice trade crackdown, aren't you? I hear rumors that pirates and brigands have also joined the sith to cut out their slice of the galaxy. You may have cracked down on the trade, but where the money moves on, so does the competition. So very proud Chancellor Lynd must be, he saved the spice traders, but how does that help-Concord Dawn, Togoria, or other worlds, that the Machines have ransacked?"

Davin scoffed with an eye roll, "Petty reasons coming from a child Ambassador. Do you not think upon his return the Chancellor will take care of the problem personally? He did not need to have his power stripped from him a mere two days after his vacation. He's a very busy man, a...temperamental man when called for it. He will not appreciate this insult to his administration. His work is not done, temporarily halted at best. I suggest you give him the reins upon your return, his reaction to this, may be something nobody would like to see."

She did not glare, she simply tilted her head down, to give the appearance of her eyes narrowing. "If he had not helped before all this, I have no confidence of his involvement upon his return. I have read of the power behind the emotions of a Lynd. Terrible tales of storms of chaos brewing from their two year old screams, and teenage rage, their tantrums are legendary. I can see his puffy cheeks now, his face red with anger, and many smashed and crushed objects lying about. But I'd tell him what I will tell you now. The Mother will see the Machines gone, and then, after the fact, your precious Chancellor can have his toys back. He's neglected his post, no matter how loud he cries, or who he sends in this office, it would be wise if he let the Mother do his job. Good day Assistant Davin, may the Mother embrace you." She gave him a warm smile, and gestured for the door.

Davin shook his head and calmly turned around, "You won't appreciate his visit to your office, Princess Samantha Lux."

Samantha smirked, "Neither will he, good day Davin Loran."

He left without another word, his robes fluttering through the passing air as he walked back to the Chancellor's office.

When he was gone, five Templars shimmered into existence from different points in the office, Shas'O was among them, he looked down the room at the tinted glass doors that lead into the office, then back to Samantha, "I smelled his fear...I could taste his fate, the shroud of death strangled him."

Samantha shook her head, "Why do you think he was here? I'm calling it for today. Good night," She nodded to them, and headed back up to the penthouse for the remainder of the evening.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat May 11, 2019 12:58 pm

Gavin was stilling sitting on the couch when Samantha came in. Watching her, he gave a smirk. "I was wondering when you’d finally finish working. Long day?"

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun May 12, 2019 7:11 pm

Samantha managed a smile, despite her heart pounding from anger. Once again the Dynasty was seen as a threat to galactic security, and any acknowledgement or praise sent their way would be taken as a sign the republic was weak. Yet as she looked at Gavin, her thoughts started to melt away, as her guards let down. She was able to be herself for the most part in front of him, but it was a terrible day, and she was sure it was not going to get any better with reports coming in of multiple machine strikes across the galaxy, "being branded a traitor by an assistant to an absent Chancellor was not on the itinerary today. Apparently despite the new republic's army and fleets to fight the coming battles against the machines, they fear the Dynasty has finally overstepped and committed treason against the Republic. So now I don't know what will happen once Iron Hail is gone and all is well, beyond the Republic having no standing army and fleet once we decommission our loaned troops and vehicles."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue May 14, 2019 2:12 am

Gavin leaned back on the couch listening to her words. This was just one of many reasons that he hated polotics. But he did possess a little understanding on the matter. "Treason, huh? Trying to really paint the bad girl image? I'd think you were sexy enough without it. So what did you do? Make a successful coup attempt? Or perhaps you merely stepped up and claimed you now had control of the Republic with the Dynasty's forces backing you? Then again, you actually brought it up before every Senator in attendance, made your claim as to why he needed to be removed from power, and through democractic process, you were voted into the new position?"

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Tue May 14, 2019 1:56 pm

Samantha huffed a laugh, "Exactly, it's a done deal. So why would the ex Chancellor's lackey come to me to tell me to give power back? He also mentioned that the Ex Chancellor himself has not yet been informed. One of the templars could sense chilling fear. I suspect there's more to the chancellor's dealings than we've been made to believe. He even threatened me saying that the Ex Chancellor's personal visit to my office would be much less pleasant. I doubt he realized that there were five templars in the room with me."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed May 15, 2019 2:56 am

While he didn't get an answer to the question asked about how she was given the position, there was little need. He didn't expect her to overstep the boundaries of Republic law, especially now. He guessed she brought up the Chancellor's absence in such a time of crisis and that nothing was being done about an obvious threat, in which the masses vored him out and her in. In the end, nothing treasonous had occured, only due process. If the ex-Chancellor returned and caused problems, it would be he who'd be commiting treason.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it. I'm sure you followed the proper protocol for the occasion and were voted in mass to take control. So nothing treasonous on this side. If this assistant or ex-Chancellor does anything to stir up problems with you, it will be them who commits treason. And hell be damed about the Templars. They will be the least of his worries should they try anything against you. They'd experience firsthand what makes a Shadow the stuff of nightmares."He then patted the couch. "But enough of that. Let's see if we can't relieve some of that tension. We have until morning."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Return to “The Galactic Senate”