Embassy of the Lux Dynasty

This is the long held seat of power for the Republic.
Jester Lux

Re: Embassy of the Lux Dynasty

Post by Jester Lux » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:56 pm

"They've been my care takers for a number of years now, but I feel trapped here some days. I guess that's why I go out as much as I do. Or escape into games," Jester licked her lips as she scrunched her face at the screen. She tried to make a jump but mistimed it. Her toon fell to the abyss of below the screen and she lost a life.

"Damn!" She huffed with irritation, "still have like...80 of those though.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:44 pm

Jasen nodded. "I can understand the feeling. With so much care in protecting you, they make your life a prison at times. It always seems to come to that. Its the same for children who feel overprotected by their parents. Sometimes, if their not careful, it causes more issues down the line, such as rebellion."

She then laughed a little as Jester died. She simply waited for Jester's character to return so to make the Jump again so she could see what to do, if not possibly aid the jump if was that type of game. "Oh no, she's down! The queen of gaming died! The world will never be the same." She continued to laugh, her words heavy with humor.
Now be gone in a flash of light!

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Jester frowned and then used a shell to blast a block that would have served as a stepping stone for Jasen to make the jump, and watched her character plummet to the abyss, "I'm a vengeful queen!"

She stuck her tongue out and laughed and continued on, "I just hope I'm not using this means of training as an escape too. Otherwise I may fail."
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:10 pm

Jasen merely laughed as Jester worked to get her killed. Coming back to life, she followed back in line. "I can tell. You don't treat all your guests like that do you? Makes me feel sorry for all those you play with online." She spoke with humor, though hoped the mention of other guests didn't bring her down. It was part of what they were talking about and she didn't want to turn something that they were having fun with into something otherwise.

Then again, it was the other half of the conversation.
"In a way, it is, if only at the start. Yes, its a means to get away and out from under the eyes of the guards and Templars. However, the difference is that through this, you are working towards a point where you don't need them any more."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:51 pm

Jester simply giggled maliciously and leaned into Jasen with a nudge. "What can I say to that? Other than they're in my playground?"

"They'll always be with me, it's protocol. Even ambassadors have round the clock security for their children well into adulthood. But I think at that point I can decide how involved I want them. I hope to live my own life, and do the things I want to without someone lording over me. I want to become independent, and self reliant. This will certainly do that and more," She nodded and rolled over onto her back, and looked at the screen upsidedown.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:07 pm

Jasen merely laughed at the thought of still needing guards around after her training. "Please. If Gavin trains you in the successor route, you'd be keeping them safe. Especially if you become as powerful as he is. At that point, you could let some things happen to you out of sheer humor before shattering the control anyone trying having over you." She laughed a little more thinking over any of the events that would happen. From some guy trying to take advantage of her, to being kidnapped, stealing her things, even attempting to kill her, it would all end up amusing if she played along for a short while.

She then thought on the phrasing she had just took with Gavin's training, realizing how well it could play out for Jester.
"It is interesting to think about though. Gavin gave you three options in regards to the training you'd receive. Not much different then some of your games, I'd imagine."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:28 am

"I just hope I can still see the light in the world after all is said and done, or at least I have something I can cling to if things get tough in training," Jester pondered the thought as she missed a jump again, and rolled her eyes.

"Clearly not my skills in gaming," she laughed, "Why only three options, if there's a chance to take them all?"
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:21 pm

"I wouldn't worry too much about that." Jasen laughed as Jester missed another jump. "Getting a little distracted?"

She laughed a little more. "Well, technically, that's exactly the case. He gave you three options. The first was the basic training, enough to get you used to using the Force well enough. That way you could go about your business, train on your own by your desire, and choose an order to join. The second was being trained much like an apprentice would be with the Jedi or Sith. That automatically entails the previous option. The final choice was the successor path. If that doesn't encompass all possible choices, I don't know what does."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:41 pm

"I wonder if my skills will pass over if I was to be cloned again," Jester mused.

"Yeah a little distracted," she said as she tacked the buttons.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:26 pm

"The knowledge will. At least, I’d imagine it would. Otherwise, you wouldn’t remember anything about yourself after being cloned. However, the muscle memory and condition your body was in won’t. After each cloning, you’ll have to train to to get your body and Force reserves back to their previous level. While it’ll be faster because you know what to do, you’ll most likely be in constant training each time. Unless you get a clone with the DNA of long lived and youthful races like ours."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:39 pm

"Me as a nagarean? That would be interesting, I wonder if they can put me into a twi'lek or a togrutan? What about one of those cat creatures? Would you still see me as Jester if I had brain tails and glossy smooth skin?" Jester giggled and smiled. Her character hopped up a platform and she powerslammed one of the mini bosses from above.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:10 pm

"Well, I imagine if they are just transferring memory and consciousness from one body to another, then yes, it is entirely possible to do that. And the answer would probably be no. The real question is, could you still see yourself as Jester if you looked in the mirror. True enough, what makes you doesn't lie on the outside, but within. But our physical appearance does play its part into who we are and changing it like that would no doubt change the perspective others have of you. I merely suggested adding a Nagarien's DNA to yours. In the end, you'd be very much you as I doubt it would affect much about you. What you would gain from it is that long youthful life we have and a deeper connection to the Force. The only physical difference would be the patch of scales on your back."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:48 pm

"Scales huh? I think that could be pretty! I mean you pull it off well. So I guess I could too!" She chuckled and began to think of life on Naza for awhile. She still thought she'd go stir crazy without media. Maybe she could bring a book or two.

Though the more she thought of it, and what Gavin was capable of and what it took for him to endure; and get to where he was sent a chill. "Could this training kill me?"
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:38 pm

As Jester's question reached Jasen's ear, she froze. In response, her character died and didn't quickly jump back in. She just looked at the screen, the words playing in her head. She had been trained by Gavin herself, but only enough to get her going outside of Naza. Mostly, he had taught both Kayden and herself how to enhance themselves. In that regard, she would say no. If Jester sought one of the first two paths, the answer would remain no. Yet, she figured Jester was thinking of the successor route and the things she could do to help the galaxy with that power. And that was an entirely different matter.

She, herself, didn't know the depths of Gavin's training other than it being tough. But her time talking with Tyra had opened her eyes. The Kiffu Guardian spoke of the many years spent training undr Gavin, learning what he had to teach and enduring the pain that came with it. She had even said that Gavin had be cautioned, watched, even threatened by his nephew due to some of the extremities. And that had still been a long time ago. Tyra hadn't even reached the successor level, though it had been his original plan. Jasen figured the training Jester would go through would be more refined than Tyra's, but also far more intense.

Giving a sigh, she letting her froze body settle, not looking to Jester.
"I probably shouldn't tell you anything. Gavin might not like it and it may affect how you percieve what he does, but.....yes. You could very well die from his training. That is, if you choose the hardest route. To achieve the power that he, or any of the others have require the most intense training. I've never experienced that level of training from him. In fact, I think Tyra's the only one who ever did. But I know Gavin is more than aware of the dangers. I know that no matter how hard it pushes you, he won't let it kill you."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:50 pm

She could feel the surge of adrenaline and her body go cold, she had a feeling about the realities of it all, preparing to fight the darkness that lurks out in space. It was what the Dynasty troops did every day. But to die before ever going into battle? Gavin wouldn't let her die? But the training...the shadows...the force...demons, sith, bugs, machines, there were so many things to fight and prepare for. Her controller shook as the reality hit her like a speeder. "I could lose not only my joy, but my head too..."
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Jasen nodded slightly. "It is very possible. However, in order to really progress and learn, you'll have to be open minded and willing to accept change in yourself. The more open and flexible your mind is, the better off you'll be. But....." She took a deep breath and gave a sigh. "it is very possible you won't be the person you are now." She finally looked over to Jester. "Just hold tight to who you are and you may retain that joy."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:27 pm

She set her controller down and turned rightside up again and gave Jester a piercing and concerned gaze. She bit her lip and trembled at the next question she was about to ask. Jester could see the worry in Jasen's eyes, and sense the fear that Jester would lose herself entirely, and become someone else. She didn't know where the fear was coming from, but she could tell Jasen did not want Jester to change, "Tell me Jasen, is it worth it? All this build up to be the next Gavin? Will it be worth it if I can't smile, laugh, and find happiness in the little things and the little qualities of life? Like this?"

She stopped looking at her so intensely and changed the game to "Galactic Battlegrounds," and a game of over the shoulder third person shooter where one is a soldier in an iconic army and captures command posts on the field. Jester picked the Republic,

"Life and the galaxy may be dark, but I don't want to be dark along with it. I want to make people smile. Like the Mother does."
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:27 pm

Jasen could see that suddenly the joyful idea of training and becoming strong to not only protect herself but anyone she could was fading from Jester. With every word she spoke, it seemed to push Jester away from the idea, scare her. She knew Gavin would understand her and not be mad, but part of her wonder if he would be disappointed, not in Jester, but in her for making the idea seem so bad, though she knew the truth was there.

She took a deep breath, looking back to the screen as Jester changed the game. She just let Jester play on her own for a moment, just watching what this new game was about as she worked to find the words to speak next. Every word she said had an impact and she didn't want jester to turn away from this just because of how it sounded. After a few moments, she gathered together enough of her thoughts to continue.
"I truly cannot answer that question for you. I could say yes, using Tyra as an example of as a little piece you'll be able to become. However, whether the work, the effort, the pain, and everything else is worth it depends solely on you. I suppose the real question to ask is, what do you want from yourself? What do you seek to do with your gifts? What are you willing to sacrifice to make those things happen?"

She then shook her head, knowing that she was partly misunderstanding the idea of being a successor really meant in this approach. "You may be learning his abilities and techniques, gaining his knowledge, but in no way are you becoming the next Gavin. That much I can say for sure. If he's offering you this path, its because he sees someone he can pass everything he's work for to. Through you, he feels that everything he learned and discovered can continue on and not die with him. Its not about becoming him, but carrying the legacy that he built through his hard work, a gift that could be passed on to another." She took another breath. "The major difference between you and what Gavin's become is the experiences gained along the way, not the training itself. He has been hardened and shape this way through constant loss, many in which he felt responsible for. I'm sure he'll find a way for you to experience his memories, to know the feelings he did, maybe even find ways for you to experience it in your own way. But you still have what matters. And your life, no matter the hardships you face, is defined by you and you alone. If you can hold onto those things that make you smile and not let them fall apart by what you see, then really, there's nothing to worry about. Besides, does Gavin really sound like that kind of person? When you really look and talk to him, does he sound like someone who's dark and lost all joy and happiness in his life?"

She then finished off with their goddess. "I can't help but wonder, though, what does she bear in order to do that? What hardships did she face to become who she is? What did she hold onto to overcome the darkness? The first lesson should certainly be this: don't let what you see on the outside disguise what lies within. No doubt your Mother has endured things as tough as Gavin to become what she is, just as Gavin is as hard and cold as the galaxy perceives him to be."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:59 pm

Jester put the game down for a moment, and shook her head, "Jasen, I'm a nine year old girl who was ripped out of her body and placed inside a twenty year old exact adult clone of herself. How much have I already sacrificed for the good of the Dynasty by my forced acceleration? I want what anyone would want, to mature, to catch up. I want to feel normal. But going from nine years old to skipping puberty entirely, my brain barely feels like it's acclimating. I want to heal...and be functional, not some girl that people pat on the head and tell me how adorable I am...as fun as that is. I already sacrificed a lot, and I'm still sacrificing. I'm royalty, so living a life outside the templars and the duties is out of the question. People already know who I am."

"It's what I want to gain, not what I can lose...I've already lost too much, and I'm playing catch up." She went back to her games, "I'm not all boobs and games you know, I have a brain, and I have thoughts. I do have my deficiencies, and I want to work past them. I'm no one's pet, and I'm no one's project either. If he wants me to be that legacy I can do it, and I want to...but I'm scared. As I should be I guess?" Through her scope she saw a CIS droid and she dropped it with a headshot and ran up to take the command post, and drop an auto turret to defend herself.

"I don't want to be helpless anymore, I want to do what my sisters do, and I want to protect those that matter most to me, like them, or even you and Gavin. Though, he holds the weight of his losses on his shoulders. It shows, and I can feel it. I don't want to be like that, but I am glad of one thing, he finds joy in Samantha, and I'm happy for them both. He's much less dark and broody now. Haven't you noticed?"Her serious tone took a turn as the corner of her mouth on the right side curled into a lopsided smirk.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:28 am

Jasen laughed a bit with a shake of her head as Jester went on about playing the game. It was a bit odd, hearing and seeing Jester fall into something so seriously. By what she saw, it even made Jester have to stop playing for a moment, though that could have easily been because the focus on the subject was too great to allow her focus on the game until she finished speaking.

"Remember, I've known Gavin far longer than you. So of course I've noticed. But he's also been much darker and lost in himself than you'll ever know. Overall, though, what you see from Gavin when being serious or addressing knew people isn't so much a darker nature that life has put him in. It's just how he approaches everything, especially people he doesn't know. He observes and calculates, seeking to understand as much as he can about them while keeping himself unreadable to others. When around friends, he's much more easy going."

She then turned to Jester. "However, I do believe you've missed one major point in what I said, something that, while it may not see like it now, is very important. Yes, you weren't given a choice when taken from your younger body and place in an older one, left to try and catch up and being guarded the whole time. It wasn't fair to take from you all those years of your life. You were forced to sacrifice all that. But the difference in what's to come is that knowing what you are willing to sacrifice. You have been given a choice with multiple options, to which you can decide to deny them all if you so desire. The choice is yours, the sacrifices you choose to make are yours. And believe me, sacrifice is not the same in every way. It makes a world of difference when its by your choice. Never forget that." She then looked back to the screen. "So you really think that this life as a princess is expected of you, that you have no other choices? You and your sisters take over the Protectorate, the oldest becomes the leader, and that automatically makes you bound to the Dynasty? If you really desired to be something else, you really think your sisters and your Mother, you keep you from that? I can't say I believe that. After all, a life with no choices is just another prison, no matter how nice it is."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:00 pm

"Well if you want me to answer about what I am willing to sacrifice, my status as royalty. It's I want to be useful, maybe I can retain it, I can be more than a pretty pink princess. I imagine before I wouldn't have had a second thought on staying the way I am. But I'm different. I have the force, and only a stupid headed stupid wastes a gift like that. I want a life of purpose, not destination. I'm sure there are easier ways, but not when I'm in a spot like this. I want to do good in the galaxy. If I have to cut ties for awhile, and games, good food, and a comfy bed, what's a couple years before this war starts huh?"

she shrugged and looked up to Jasen, "but no, I really don't think Mother or my sisters would keep me from my dreams and aspirations. I wish they'd stop babying me."
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:57 pm

Jasen laughed a little. "To many, that's a big sacrifice. When it comes down to it though, I doubt you'll really have to sacrifice anything. It just a matter of being ready and willing to do so. I imagine that will be expected of you. And that's good that they'd do so, but now is the time to show them you are no longer a child that needs to be babied and protected. They may baby you still, if only out of a sisterly love, but that's another matter entirely."

She then looked kind of stunned at what Jester mentioned as things to sacrifice for a bit.
"What? You saying that Naza doesn't have good food? I'm insulted." She looked away, acting hurt before laughing a bit while shaking her head. "Still, I think you'll be surprised what little you have to give up. At least completely, anyway. But I wouldn't chalk up the training to just a couple a years. By what I know, most apprentices spend a good ten years or so under a master before being ready to become a Knight under the Jedi. The difference, of course, is that that is while going out on missions all the time whereas you will have nearly complete focus on training. But it did take Gavin a long time to learn and master all he has. No doubt it's been refined and easier to teach, but I'd still wager it won't be anywhere near completed by the time the war comes."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:58 pm

"How the hell did they get my command post?!" She growled and pouted, "oh right! Well if I don't have to sacrifice much, I guess I'll be okay."

"Well, no, the food is great! It's just...well...I like soda too," she shrugged with a blush.

"I think I can do it, I'm just scared I'll fail...it's not like what I'm used to on a day to day basis," she shrugged.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Jasen couldn’t help but smile and laugh a little at how fast Jester’s attitude could change, and for how it was quickly redirected back to the game for a few moments. Then she said something that made Jasen stop and think. After a second, asked Jester a simple question. "What exactly do you think would cause you to fail?"

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:07 pm

"My immaturity...I suppose?" Jester shrugged her shoulders, "the fear of not taking it seriously..."
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:06 am

Jasen let her head drop to the side and shoulders slump a bit as she gazed a Jester with a slightly agitated look. "Well, to start, you better stop looking at yourself like that. Your mind is still young and learning and you enjoy having fun and relaxing. That does not make you immature. At most, you're naive, only because you are still young and learning about the ways of the galaxy." She then regained her composure as she continued. "Besides, do you really think you won't take it seriously after what we just discussed? I highly doubt it."

She then shook her head. "There is only one way you can fail on this path." She looked at a Jester for her next words. "And that is to completey give up and walk away."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:32 pm

She scoffed a moment with a shake of her head, "What do you think about me at the head of my own Crossbearer Legion, hatchet in one hand, and a saber in the other? Would you still look at me the same way? The Jester curled up to video games and soda, in her pajamas surrounded by stuffed animals? I would hope so. I would like at least one person out there to make sure I was still me, aside from myself."
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:06 pm

Jasen gave a shrug at Jester’s comment. "That will depend entirely on you when that time comes. If that’s what you become a leave the girl you are now behind, then that will become the image I relate to you. Yet, if that is only who you are in those moments, then no, I won’t see you any different. But like I said, what you truly become when this is over depends entirely on you. And no, it’s not impossible to be a leader, be wise, to be like Gavin or Medrike and the way they are and still not be yourself. We all have different sides to us that are revealed in certain situations. Attitudes and ways of thinking that focus upon the task at hand. Remember that. Doing this doesn’t mean you won’t change, but it doesn’t mean you have to let go of who you are either."

Jasen's Theme
Jester Lux

Post by Jester Lux » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:05 pm

"Well I don't want to lose myself in training, but I certainly don't want to be stuck as a princess either. I think I can do both, not losing myself, or being stuck! I'm a gamer too, I can get unstuck!" She smiled, "bring it on Gavin! I'll show you what the unsung princess of the dynasty can do!" Her trooper rushed into the middle of the command post and she hosed four bots down.
Jasen Nekao

Post by Jasen Nekao » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:42 am

Jasen nodded as she watched Jester continue on in her game. "I believe you can as well. Keep up that spirit and you'll do just fine."

Jasen's Theme

Return to “The Galactic Senate”