Galactic News

The Holonet is an In-Character, galaxy wide network of Information.
Jen-Dai Linvaille

Re: Galactic News

Post by Jen-Dai Linvaille » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:20 pm

*Onboard his flagship, The Starmason, Jen-Dai Linvaille is disturbed in his research when one of his officers opens the secure comms channel to report an urgent message. He is told a pirated transmission had hacked into the Galactic Holonews Net and a dour girl, identified as Rika, was broadcasting a terrorist message.

Jen-Dai watches the images silently, his steely grey eyes a raptor's gaze until the explosions and screams signal the dénouement. Silent as the grave, he turns the holofeed off and sits back in his chair. Pursing his lips a scowl fleets across his face for a moment, angry at both the truth and the lies equally.

He then sighs and puts the matter from his mind. He was withdrawn from this war. Let the Jedi handle the Sith and their murderous crimes, or make a deal with that particular devil. He would aid by strength of wisdom alone.

The aging Sentinel returns to his research and lorecraft...*
You fool! As if it matters how a man falls down!

When the fall is all that's left, it matters a great deal.

It's better to die on your feet than to live on your knees

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace
Bail D'Sabre

Post by Bail D'Sabre » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:19 pm

*The Senator's office has issued widespread condemnation of the recent terrorist attacks on Coruscant. No criticism has been made against the Jedi, as yet, though public opinion is strongly divided on the matter. Senator-Chancellor D'Sabre has promised to take a personal interest in the atrocities. Speaking earlier he made the following announcement:*

Our deepest sympathies go out to the victims' families in this disaster. And of all other despicable acts committed in a similar vein. We understand that Coruscant is not alone in it's pain and suffering.

*There is a moment of respectful silence as he lists each planet.*

Wayland.

Ossus.

Shili.

Klatooine.

Arkania.

Duro.

You may feel that something is only said to be being done now because these monsters have chosen to strike at the capital. I assure you the cries from these, our fellow systems in agony, have not gone unheard. The Galactic Alliance will not abandon you. Neither will the slaughter of innocents go unpunished....
Bail D'Sabre, Chief Executive, D'Sabre Industries; Senator for Coruscant; Chancellor of the Galactic Alliance.
Rex Draconis

Post by Rex Draconis » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:33 pm

In other news...

In other news, quite a find was made on the planet of Corellia last week. The remains of the Draconis Estate, a family once known for their long assistance and service to the senators of Corellia as aides and advisors, was finally opened today. Rumors have persisted since the death of the family thirty years ago that there was a survivor, a man named Rex Draconis. Here is what an aide to the senator had to say on the matter.

Image changes to show a man walking down a street, holding a hat over his face so the camera can't see it, talking.

"Look, I am not in a position to speak on the Draconis estate or the rumors that the family survived by the mandalorian named Rex Draconis. We have records that prove it is possible that he is the last member of the family, but have been unable to contact him since his disappearance over two years ago. That is all

Image changes back to the reporter.

Since it cannot be confirmed if there is a surviving family member, the government has decided to turn the land over to the public and auction. Planetary surveyors and construction workers descended on the estate to determine the value of the land, and clear the remains of the old mansion. What they found was shocking.

Image changes to show a man wearing a construction uniform, droids working behind him on the estate with other construction workers. An unseen person is holding a mike on the edge of the camera screen.

"Can you tell us what you found Foreman Bob?"

"Well honestly I don't really know. We started diggin and the first thing we hit was a mass grave in the central room. Someone had torn the place apart and buried all these bodies there. It was...It was pretty gross to look at..."

"I imagine so," says the person with the mike, "Did you and your crew find anything else?"

"Yeah, we found a lot of stuff. The Draconis had a lot of artifacts I guess you could call them, little knicknacks their family had collected but its all stuff that belonged to former senators of Corellia. Hell, we even found stuff that belong to Garm Bel Iblis, back from the clone wars."

"Well, I bet the people of Corellia will be happy to have those things to look at. Thank you foremen Bob."

Image changes back to the reporter behind the desk.

Well, CorSec and local authorities are in the process of identifying the bodies found and believe that there may have been some kind of fight between rival criminal organizations at the estate between a month and two months ago, we will keep you informed as we know more.

But, now to the archeological finds, an odd item was found in the ruins. An image of a green pyramid appears in the corner of the screen. With me to shed their light on this item is a joint team from the Corellian League of Archeologists, represented by Prof. Andrew Matterhorn, and a local expert on Jedi and other force users, Dr. Tiberius Hippogriff. The camera shifts to reveal the two men, sitting at the desk as well. The reporter turns to face them.

"Now, Gentlemen. What can you tell us about this find."

Prof Matterhorn adjust his glasses and nods his head. "Hmph, well obviously this item is not of Corellian origin, nor was it from the Draconis Estate. Our initial examinations and comparisons led us to believe that this was actually a Sith Holocron, which as you can imagine gave us quite a start."

The reporter smiles. "I bet, no one likes to think that the sith may have been close by. I don't know how the people of Naboo can stand it."

The professor chuckles. "Well neither do I which is why I live here." All three laugh. "Well, we contacted our friend here, Dr. Hippogriff, thinking they would know what to do with it, since its of little use to the people of Corellia."

"Dr. Hippogriff what can you tell us about the artifact."

Dr. Hippogriff speaks up. "Well first I can tell you its not an artifact. Prof. Matterhorn was able to determine the age and its not even five years old. Second I can tell you that its not a sith holocron either. Its actually a very simple computer, designed to play a single message."

The reporter looks slightly confused. "Well, if its not an actual holocron why would someone make it look like one."

"A good question, and I think its actually to keep others from examining it. The message it has isn't very illuminating. We can play the message for you if you want?"

"Can you that would be great."

"Sure one sec..."

Image fades, an image of a hologram of a man appears on screen dressed in mandalorian armor of varying shades. (Any who knew him would clearly recognize the man as Rex Draconis)

If you are listening to this then I am most likely dead and you thought this was something else. If you want to find the real thing you'll have to find it.

...A Wooded World known for might
Steeped in Shadows cast by night
Here amongst blood and flames
I gave an eye in fatal battle games
Look through ruin, death and stones
Dig down deep to the old bones
Buried there in new fields
Where I a warrior did first appear

Follow the stars, those brilliant lights
This clue rarely ever sits tight.
Once it sought shelter from death and war
Something I gave to be rewarded
From here came a vile bane
A sweet but pincing harp crustacean
In a city of broken bonds I stopped
Here a clue I dropped...

The picture returns to the reporters and the professors.

"Wow that is a strange message, stars and lights, flames bones."

"I know, I know," says Dr. Hippogriff nodding.

"Have you found anything else about this computer and its builder or that message."

Dr. Hippogriff shook their head. "No, currently I'm working with authorities to try and identify the image of the man, he's obviously Mandalorian."

"Well thank you Dr. Hippogriff, its been illuminating."

The camera settles once more on the reporter.

"I'm sure riddle solvers and puzzle masters will have fun with that, but for now, that's all the time we have today folks. Thanks for tuning in.

The news ends.
What am I fighting for...

I stand against you not out of spite...but only...BY THE MIGHT OF JUSTICE!!!
Regik Sarian Kofuri

Post by Regik Sarian Kofuri » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:28 pm

CORUSCANT BLOCKADED!

In Response to a Republic naval move to Naboo, the Mandalorians have responded by blockading the planet of Coruscant, the capitol of the Republic. The Mandalorian High Council, asserts that it is undertaking freedom of passage excercises, though they have activated Gravity Wells surrounding the planets and it is rumored that Gravity mines are being placed upon hyperspace routes to and Coruscant. All incoming and outgoing vessels are being forcibly boarded by the fleet, and large squadrons of fighters are being used to control the situation.
Fortune favors the bold.

Kill List
(1) Pala Tuhlute
(2) Halleth
(3) Valthonis
(4) Unknown Sith
(5) Unknown Grey Jedi
(6) Sarian Kofuri
Jen'jidai Griffith Firefoot

Post by Jen'jidai Griffith Firefoot » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Last edited by Jen'jidai Griffith Firefoot on Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be[...] It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.”
-Erica Jong
Kariime

Post by Kariime » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:29 pm

Spoiler:
ooc - I was trying to pm him, but include a quote. I meant to hit the pm button. Not the quote button.
Jen'jidai Griffith Firefoot

Post by Jen'jidai Griffith Firefoot » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Ah, okay. Thanks.
“Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be[...] It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.”
-Erica Jong
Pebbles the Killer Penguin

Post by Pebbles the Killer Penguin » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:53 pm

PANIC OUTBREAK ON TRAMMIS III!

Today the headquarters of the Trammis III chocolate production giant was captured by the rampaging Killer Penguins. The corporate offices and buildings called for a full evacuation of the main site and closest satelite sites. Fearful workers hastily boarded awaiting transports that the headquarters had on standby for just this worry, though many of the transports left with no passengers aboard.

It us unknown how many people were captured and slain by the band of rogue penguins, though company sources say at least half of the transports were barren upon fleeing the planet.

The Trammis III Chocolate Producers employ roughly half of the planet populous and account for 84.7% of the economic power of the planet. These new developments have placed much fear in the production and capability of the planet to hold and defend its own. Reports of other lurking thieves nearby are popping up and cast an even greater shadow on the future of Trammis III in this economic crisis.

The Rebellious Penguins are pushing North towards the vast and most expansive fields. If these fields too are destroyed, the price of chocolate galaxy wide would increase exponentiatlly and the economic strength of the entire outer rim would face a crippling blow.

There is no word yet from the Jedi or Republic as to what if anything will be done regarding this growing shadow.
Master Fwoosh

Post by Master Fwoosh » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:09 pm

*A commercial comes on in the break between shows.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMWi7CLoZ2Q

"Nom Noms, the healthy way to go."
Demens Canis

Post by Demens Canis » Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:04 pm

An image of a female twi-lek news caster appears, sitting next to a male devaronian news caster.

"High, Mel'toyen here" says the twi-lek, "with my friend and fellow anchorman, Jim Smiley, bringing you today's news. And there is alot of it today. First, last night, the Coruscanti Grav-ball team pulled off a stunning victory thanks to their star new player. An amazing game right?"

"That's right Mel," says Jim smiling, "But we'll have more on that later. Right now we should be discussing, yoda dolls, they're the latest toy craze that has resurged since the clone wars. We'll have an expert with us later who can tell us more about why it has resurged."

"And that will be quite the story Jim. But is your airspeeder safe? Recent research has discovered that there might be problems with the Adnoh Elite, that it can't brake in time due to a mechanical failure. We'll show you what our journalist uncovered, right after traffic. So now, we'll pass it along to-

The feed suddenly crackles and goes silent, disappearing, then it is replaced by a new image. Instead of the two newscasters behind their desks, it is of a man, sitting in the cockpit of a starship. His hair is slicked back, and his eyes are hidden behind sunglasses. His shirt and tie are visible, as well as the trench coat he's wearing, but its clear that he has problems with one of his arms as it moves awkwardly.

The man smiles, a predatory smile with unnaturally long incissors. "Greetings to the galaxy. We're interrupting your news bulletin to bring you this stunning report. I am back." He leans back in his chair. "For those of you who do not know me, my name is Demens Canis. The governments, under the control of the force sensitives, would call me a terrorist. The truth is that I am in fact, a freedom fighter. I fight to throw off the oppression of the force, to destroy it, and bring about a better galaxy for everyone. Think about the wars the galaxy has suffered, think about the violence, between the so called jedi and the sith. It all comes from the force. Because they have it, they believe that it makes them superior to us, and allows them to control us." Demens chuckles then. "Some of you may argue that the jedi don't try and control you, but they do. They always show up and tell you how you should be running your life, how that you need to do this to live a successful life." Demens shakes his head. "The truth is that they're all alike, and that they all want to control us, the people of this galaxy. And they are allowed control over us, as our very own leaders plot with them. Look at the GA, it parleys with both the sith and the jedi. The GA should be controlling them, not following them."

Demens shook his head. "No, the force is trying to control us, and we need to be free of its control. We also need to stop sucking up to them. As a freedom fighter, and a citizen of the Galaxy, I won't tolerate being controlled, I am a free man. I call upon the Galactic Alliance, to seize control, to take charge. To show that they are in control, and not the handful of force wielders in the galaxy. But I won't tolerate the GA's corruption either." Demens looks at his chronometer. "In seventy two hours, I will attack the senate building, and destroy it, for their cooperation with force sensitives. My war against the force, will continue, until the last force wielder in the galaxy is dead, or imprisoned." Demens then grins, the same fanged smile from earlier. "And now we return you to your original programming."

His image blanks out, but instead of the newscasters reappearing, the words "We are experience technical difficulties appear."
Spoiler:
ooc: now people can get involved in this plot, feel free to hunt down the bomb or Demens. And yes, there is a bomb in the Galactic senate and I will post that it explodes if no one replies, it's a time bomb. Now, I am officialy back. >:D
Take what you can
Give nothing back

The only rules that matter are what a man can do, and what a man can't do.

Blasters don't kill people, I do!!!

This Galaxy deserves a better class of criminal, and I'm gonna give it to'em.
Aeke Krales

Post by Aeke Krales » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:35 pm

LADIES AND GENTLEMAN:

Do you have what it takes to ride the famous Super Bat roller coaster (Picture The Superman and the from Darien's Lake and Canada's Wonderland combined)? It has 7 loops, 4 double loops, 3 triple loops, many twists and turns.

Do you have luck (yes there will be an anti force lock xD) to win yourself fabulous prizes? Such as: A new Holopet http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Holo-pet, or for the ladies, how about a new dress? The Grand Prize will be a new Skipray Blastboat, courtesy of Sienar Fleet Systems.

Don't forget the Specatular ending Grand Cherokee Ball to wind down the event.

If you have what it takes, come on down to Naboo as the Council of Knowledge Festival is about to open to the public.

The cost is 20 credits per person. The cost covers:

Access to all rides
1 free meal per day
Parking
Coupons for draws
A free palm reading
(For Jarod) As much chocolate as you can have
1 Vendor for an alcoholic beverage
And lastly, a ticket into the Grand Cherokee Ball.

Tickets are currently on sale. You may contact me through my Datapad (PM) or drop in person on Naboo.

Enjoy!

Please drink responsibility and if injury occurs, we can't be held reliable
Demens Canis

Post by Demens Canis » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:55 am

Breaking News!

Yesterday, in a horrendous and sudden attack, Mandalorian terrorists attacked the Uvena Prime Intergalactic Starport on the planet Uvena Prime, homeworld to the shistavanens. Security footage was limited but did catch the mandalorian terrorists as they made their way through the starport, gunning down anyone in their path. Hundreds are dead, and many are injured.

*clips are shown of a trandoshan, three humans, and a nautolan, all wearing the body armor of mandalorians, each one with a mandalorian skull painted on the chest, walking through, their weapons blazing. The image then changes to a twilek who is absolutely horrified. "It was awful!" says the twilek "one man held his hands up and they just blew him away, what did he ever do."*

The terrorists have been identified as mandalorian by the armor and symbols they had, as well as the fact that they were speaking mandalorian. When planetary security forces tried to apprehend the terrorists, the terrorists managed to escape, with only one dead. The dead terrorists was then identified as a GAG opperative, raising even more questions from the populace and its government. The government at this time, asks that the people of Uvena Prime remain calm as they try to sort matters out while meanwhile, Shrrgat, the Shistavanen leading the resurgent Uvena First movement, has made this statement. He says, "This is what Uvena First stands against, we can not back down in front of these terrorists, nor can we allow outsiders to exploit us like this. This is exactly what Shar Katun stood against before the jedi came and executed him."

Uvena First was a political movement a few years ago, that orchestrated a coup and took over the government of Uvena Prime, and were led by the Shistavanen called Shar Katun. The political coup was in response to economic crisises that the planet was facing after reconstruction efforts, from previous galactic wars had failed, and the Galactic Alliance being unable to help them. The coup was quickly ended by the jedi and a force of clone troopers, who seized the spaceport and the city, Uvenis Tors, before they captured and killed Shar Katun. Since then the government has been incredibly shaky and corrupt, leading to much outrage and violent riots from the citizens of the planet as they try to survive, and many are flocking to the ressurgent Uvena First banner.

As for the terrorists, there is currently a planet wide hunt for them but it is suspected they are already off world by now. There has also been no response from Mandalore or the Galactic Alliance about these terrorists and spies. Some experts postulate that it is possible, as the mandalorians and the jedi currently have a close alliance, for this attack to have been ordered by one government or the other. We will continue to update you further as we learn more.
Spoiler:
ooc: people can respond to this however they see fit.
Take what you can
Give nothing back

Regik Sarian Kofuri

Post by Regik Sarian Kofuri » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:07 pm

*The broadcast is interupted by an image of a lightly armored Mandalorian woman. Stone set expression on her face, the High Council member, looks firmly into the camera and speaks poinently to the audience.*

The Mandalorian High Council would like to offer its deepest condolences to the people of Uvena Prime, and assert that these terrorists are in no way associated with The New Mandalorian Empire, such actions would not be tolerated.

We would also like to take this time to assure the galaxy that the rogue sith Rika Nayra, who is indeed the daughter of Mand'alor is also not associated with the Empire. These two terrorists have killed Mandalorians and Republic members alike, and we neither condone or support the actions of either party. Rika is considered Dar'manda and /not/ Mandalorian by her refusal to adhere to the cultural beliefs of our people.

Mand'alor is presently detained and soon there will be a more resolute stance from the High Command regarding these instances and more, but let me say for now that we will aid in any attempt to apprehend these individuals and aid from Mandalore will be in route soon to Uvena Prime to aid the suffering of its people.

Thank you.

*The iamge fades and so too does the image of the High Command briefing room of the NME.*
Fortune favors the bold.

Kill List
(1) Pala Tuhlute
(2) Halleth
(3) Valthonis
(4) Unknown Sith
(5) Unknown Grey Jedi
(6) Sarian Kofuri
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:35 pm

*A short burst encrypted transmission was sent to the holonet from an undisclosed location. The video was clearly decrypted though the audio was scrambled. As the video started one would see that it was an old warehouse and the cameras were focused on a helmet which any Mandalorians would recognize as the helmet of their leader. Though the voice was scrambled to the point of being unrecognizable, the message was clear.*

This transmission has become unfortunately necessary. A man who called himself a true Mandalorian and has lead them for a long time, it has come to my attention, shifted the balance of power in the galaxy, to favor himself. He used both the Jedi and Grey Jedi Orders to hold the Sith at bay whilst he sat back and built up his fleet, I fought for him in one battle, and t was then that I realized that he had lost his way. For those who hold the Code dear to them I apologize for what must be done, but you will have the chance to be lead by one who is not dar'manda, one who does not hide the location of known terrorists no matter whom they may be. I will not lead you but I do this for you, the Empire must fall to be rebuilt stronger. Go forth my brethren and find a leader stronger than Sarian Kofuri.

*The discharge of a diruptor is seen in slow motion as it stirkes the helmet and the helmet begins to dissolve from view, in a few seconds all that is left is a pile of ash. The transmission ends a few moments later, silently focused on the ash.*
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
As a demon it uses it's power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies
However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns...
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail its shadow beneath
Until men united wield a hallowed sabre
In final reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man
His own blood and madness soon cover the earth
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Regik Sarian Kofuri

Post by Regik Sarian Kofuri » Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:33 pm

THOUSANDS DEAD IN ATTACK ON MANDALORE!

The BAMF is taking responsibility for an early morning attack on the Mandalorian Empire homeworld of Mandalore. The Eastern Outer Rim planet came under heavy fire from a BAMF fleet. Resources inside the Empire report that during the attack the Concord was forcibly boarded by several sith with support from some random troops squads.

The Sith who boarded have not yet been identified. Reports say that the Concord was destroyed in the fight when it collided with the Kashyyyk Fleet Systems dockyard over Mandalore. Dozens of other ships were also destroyed.

Reports earlier today reported the supposed death of Mand'alor Kofuri, but that has been argued as the captain of Kofuri's vessel reported having spoken with him and he is recovering upon an unnamed planet.

As the helmet of Mand'alor was destroyed it begs the question of what happens now? Many Mandalorians are asking that too. Mandalore and many other worlds are in termoil and unrest at the events of late, and many are on the edge of their seats as they wait to see what unfolds.
Fortune favors the bold.

Kill List
(1) Pala Tuhlute
(2) Halleth
(3) Valthonis
(4) Unknown Sith
(5) Unknown Grey Jedi
(6) Sarian Kofuri
Finian

Post by Finian » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 am

- This public service message is brought to you by the Government of Xiunsrus. –

A Xiunsrui Government Representative with tanned skin, long dark hair and pale grey eyes stood before the camera, the rolling hills and beautiful blue skies of Xinsrus behind her. Despite her location, her face was solemn and her eyes still held the horrors of the Massacre of Nakine.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is my duty to inform you that the Galactic Senate has issued a warrant for the immediate capture and extradition of the fugitive known throughout the galaxy as Si’at Winters.

At present, we believe that she is currently hiding within the remnants of the Mandalorian Empire, though her exact location is currently unknown. The Xiunsrui Government urge those harbouring her, to release her to our custody within the next 7 days, or else further action will be taken.

An image of the arrest warrant, as issued by Chancellor D’Sabre appeared to the viewing public, as well as a recording for those receiving the bulletin through audio frequencies only.

“In accordance with petition of acknowledged representatives from the Quence and Lytton Sectors, and the Nagai Embassy, the Galactic Alliance hereby calls for the individual known as SI'AT WINTERS to be extradited and brought to trial for crimes and atrocities committed against the people of Xiunsrus”

The copy of the warrant disappeared and the screen was filled with the image of the Xiunsuri representative once again.

Should any of you have any information, which pertains to her current location, you are advised to contact your local authorities who will in turn notify the Xiunsuri Government.

We advise you to not to approach this individual or try to apprehend her using your own methods.

The people of Xiunsrus thank you for your time and your vigilance.

The Xiunsuri woman bowed her head respectfully and the image faded to black.
Regik Sarian Kofuri

Post by Regik Sarian Kofuri » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:26 am

MANDALORE BURNS!

Unconfirmed reports are coming in, that the Mandalorian city of Sundari, the former capitol of the old Mandalorian Empire now lies in ruins following an explosion that rocket the city.

Insider information points to a nuclear blast that rocket the city, and collapsed its expansive protective dome, leaving believed tens of thousands dead.

Mandalore is the home planet to the Mandalorian Empire, presently Keldabe serves as the capitol city and the main home to the planets over 4 million inhabitants.

It is unknown if this attack is related to a naval battle that transpired upon the planet only a few short days ago.

Mandalorian Officials refuse to comment on the explosions, but have stated that any and all aid for the planet and its citizens is welcome, though they warn that all traffic to and from the planet will be under intense scrutiny until law and order has been restored to the planet.
Fortune favors the bold.

Kill List
(1) Pala Tuhlute
(2) Halleth
(3) Valthonis
(4) Unknown Sith
(5) Unknown Grey Jedi
(6) Sarian Kofuri
Demens Canis

Post by Demens Canis » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:58 pm

Cloud City Attacked!!!

The Tibanna gas refineries of Cloud City on Bespin were attacked today by a YV-330 freighter. The freighter weighted patiently in line to receive a shipment of tibanna gas, but when its turn came, it suddenly powered up hidden weapons and began firing on the refineries. After destroying many containers of tibanna gas and damaging the refineries the ship then turned on the other freighters before fleeing the planet. Within hours of this attack we received word that this attack was led by none other than the infamous terrorist Demens Canis, who recently reappeared on the galactic scene after his two year disappearance, with his attempted bombing of the Galactic Alliance Senate, a bombing that was thwarted by the efforts of the Therian empire. In his message, Demens states that he will attack all those who collude with force users until the galaxy rises up and over throws its oppressors. He also guarantees that the attacks will continue. We will have more information later.

In other news, there seems to be some kind of breakdown in law today on Uvena Prime, as a squad of Galactic Alliance soldiers entered an apartment building on intel that it was a holdout for supposed terrorist members. No one is sure what happened, but the GA soldiers suddenly opened fire on the tenants of the building, we're still waiting for a total body count. The squad of soldiers left quickly after the shootings and were unable to be interviewed. Galactic Alliance officials on planet, in conjunction with the planet's government, stated that there was no GA mission, and that there were no GA soldiers. The Shistavanen Shrrgat, leader of a renewed Uvena First movement, stated that the GA needs to answer for their crimes, and that their denial of their involvement is to protect their own people, not to help the people of Shistavanen. You may recall Uvena First as the movement led by Shistavanen Rast Shar Katun a few years ago, that led a coup and overthrew the government, a coup which was quickly put down by a jedi and galactic alliance task force. Since then the planet has been in political turmoil as they have tried to recover. That's all right now, we'll be back after these messages.
Take what you can
Give nothing back

Demens Canis

Post by Demens Canis » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:25 am

Tragedy On Naboo!!!

Breaking news, tragedy strikes in the city of Theed on the planet Naboo. In honor of the victory over the trade federation over two centuries ago and the peace that came after, the gungans and the naboo hold a reenactment of passing the globe of peace from monarch to boss, on the anniversary of the boss. That ceremony was attacked yesterday by the terrorist Demens Canis. We do not have a definite list of casualties yet, as Naboo Security Forces are being extremely tight, but we do know that the Big Boss of the gungans was killed, and that the queen was injured. We are still waiting to here of her condition, and we hope that she pulls through. We'll update you as the story proceeds, and we'll be back right after these messages.
Take what you can
Give nothing back

Jas Ca'lech

Post by Jas Ca'lech » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 pm

Jedi Free Refugee Slaves

*A female news caster turns towards a different cam as she changes topics away from the growing concern about child safety with the holonet gaming phenomenon sweeping the Galaxy.*

" ...in other news, reports have just arrived of a group of refugees being rescued just off the Perlemian Trade Route. Details are still being investigated, but what we do know is that a large number of refugees were being held captive for slave trade but in a twist of irony were given control of the ships and have instead turned in their captors to local authorities. A couple of the refugees share the tale."

*The image changes to an old man in worn out clothing speaking to a reporter.*

::They, that is, the slavers, jumped our ship out of nowhere. We didn't have the means to fight back, and they added us to the other group they already had in their cells. We thought we were done fer, ya know? But then alarms started sounding on the slavers' ship just after they got us all locked up. We heard awful sounds of fighting, but it all sounded like the slavers shooting at something. And then there were some other sounds that I'm not really sure of and after a bit... no more shooting. A couple of blind guys came and let us out of our prison somehow, and locked up all the unconscious guards in our cells instead. I was lead with most of the others to the crew quarters and I fell asleep... I was really tired, see. Next thing I remember was we were at a gov'ment outpost being given medical aid and food while the slavers were being escorted from the ships. I don't know where the second one came from.::

*It switches to a younger, teenage boy.*

::I heard that the slavers got a distress call off before the Jedi stopped them. I'm pretty sure they were Jedi... I didn't see their swords, but they were wearing robes and stuff, and seemed really cool, I mean, uh, kind and nice and stuff. They didn't have us leave right away though, they actually waited around for a while till the other slaver's ship got there. I didn't get to see that though... they made sure we were all alright then had us stay safe in the crew quarters while they went and waited near the docking area. They waited a while, but I don't know what they were doing all that time. Then there was more blasters firing again and people yelling 'Die Jedi!' and some strange laughing sound. I don't know how they beat the bad guys, they were both rather small and I think they were blind too. And the green one looked really old. I mean, really, really old and wrinkly and stuff... like a gremlin I saw in a holovid. I don't know what species he really was, I mean, I didn't think gremlins were real, but maybe he was one. I know they had to have been Jedi though, how else would they have beat all those guys without using blasters? They sure weren't dressed like Mandos or Echani or anything. My brother says his friend says he heard one of them talking to the guys that flew the ship back to safety, and he sounded like he told them he was one. I really wish I could have seen their weapons though, that would have been so cool!::

*The image flips from the grinning lad back to the news anchor.*

"While the identity of the rescuers are still unconfirmed, the descriptions match those of two known Jedi..." *Portraits of Jas and Yolem appear on screen* "...Grandmaster Jas Ca'lech and Master Yolem, both Councillors at the Jedi Temple on Bakura. Neither were available when we tried to get a hold of them recently, and Bakura's comment simply stated that both individuals were travelling elsewhere in the Galaxy at the moment. We will provide more details as they become available. Now over to Bli with sports..."
"Not all who wander are lost..." - J.R.R. Tolkien
<<Peace...>>

I post slow.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:15 pm

In galactic news, Sienar Fleet Systems, infamous for the TIE series of starfighters has recently been bought out by two
corporations, Corellian Genectics and Cloning and Path-e-Tech Management. The two corporations paid an undisclosed amount of credits to purchase a total of 74% (percentages are stated to be 37% held by CGC and 37% held by P-e-TM) of the stocks held by Sienar. A spokesman for CGC, one Kaleko Tyandas, stated that it was "the right time to expand our client base," adding that "this way we can ship our products cheaper and lower our prices while maintaining quality." Path-e-Tech Management was unavailable for commentary at the time of this broadcast. Having done research into these two companies to keep the galactic public as informed as possible, it has been found that CGC was founded in the year 208 ABY. They have operated with an excellent customer satisfaction record and public safety record. Path-e-Tech Management's record is equally clean and both are free standing companies. They had a mutual agreement that this would be in both of their best interests, to maintain quality and increase profit for all three companies at once. In fact, since Sienar switched ownership, the stock values have already tripled. This upward trend is expected to continue for at least the next week before it plateaus.
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 pm

BREAKING NEWS!

Stark Commercial Combine has been bought out and renamed in its entirety by Bloodborn Enterprises. The deal is rumored to have cost in the hundreds of millions of credits to acquire the singular companies, many which went defunct after the business splintered in 44 ABY.The newly reformed Stark Commercial Enterprises is still based on Thyferra and will be back up to capacity within a couple of months. As of this time there are no plans for the company to be publicly traded again.
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Tau Ceti Mining Facility and KDY Shipyard on Mygeeto Destroyed by the Machine Empire!

A Kuat Drive Yards Shipyard was attacked by a full fleet of Machine Empire warships out of the blue in seconds. The facility was relatively unprotected allowing for the fleet to bombard it into oblivion. While afterwards the fleet dispatched troops to the ground in a one two punch taking out the Tau Ceti mining operations. Raul Endymion, CEO of KDY did not have much to say on the matter of his shipyard being attacked.

*The video transitions to a reporter with a microphone in front of Raul. He looked puzzled but still uncaring.*

R: "A loss of one shipyard isn't too great. As for the mining facility, my condolences to the families of those victims."

*The video transitions back to the studio.*

The leader of the Tau Ceti, a private military organization seen in many successful assaults against Sith targets, remains largely unknown. He could not be found for questioning but Tau Ceti activity throughout the galaxy has increased dramatically since the assault on the mining facility which left barely anyone alive to tell about it. The word is the leader is rallying his forces for an all out assault on the empire of the tyrannical machine lord Iron Hail. We here at the Holonet pray that the force is with the Tau Ceti as they face this demon of a machine.
Raul Endymion: "In order to eriadicate the Sith, first you need to be one. Sith are the only effective weapon against other sith."

Tau Ceti Base of Operations: viewforum.php?f=371

Raul's theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:42 am

In galactic news, Verkuylian BactaCo, a major player in the bacta production process has been recently been bought out by, Corellian Genetics and Cloning. The corporation paid an undisclosed amount of credits to purchase the company from its former owners. A spokesman for CGC, one Kaleko Tyandas, stated that it was "the right time to expand our client base," adding that"this way we can ship our products cheaper and lower our prices while maintaining quality." The deal is rumored to have been in the mid hundreds of millions in terms of Republic credits. CGC mentions that it is willing to sell to any parties interested, that they will sell at market price and promise only the highest quality product.
Carnage

Post by Carnage » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:41 pm

:::Breaking News:::

Breaking News out of Naboo. Governor Dalka of the royal capital of Naboo, and his family were found Murdered at his property in the lack country. Official are releasing few details of the murders other then some of the wounds look as though they were caused by a lightsaber. We go now to the sceen with Reporter Diane Rattallia.

Thats right Wol'chandu, officialls are keep us as far from the house as they can. Earlier today or cameras caught a glimpse of the coroner removing bags of what we can only assume as the family members. Captain Jakata of the Naboo Security force says they are going through any security footage that they can find, to see if they can get the identity of the one that did this. Jakata has confirmed that it was a lightsaber that caused the wounds of the Govenor and his son, as well as that the governors J-Type Nubiam Star Skiff is missing. We will keep you updated as we recieve more information. Back to you Wol'chandu.

Thank you Diane. Anyone with any information of the henious crime, or spots the Governors J-Type Nubian Star Skiff are asked to contact the Naboo Security task force.
Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a Sith in a mask.

Image Image

Carnages Theme
Fight Music
Carnage

Post by Carnage » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:07 pm

:::Breaking News:::

Tragedy on Tatooine. Reports have been coming in all day of a Massacre in Anchorhead. Security personnel hev released very little information, other then over 50 being were killed today in on of the cities busiest Cantinas. Other reports ahve come out that the one responsible for this massacre is also the one that assassinated the Governor of Naboo, as the Governors J-type Nubian Star Skiff was found docked....................................

*The Holo-News Network goes black before flickering to the image of Carnage from his waist up. His armor was a golden black metallic, stained in spots with blood. He stood there for a second before speaking. His voice young, but dark, and evil, with his look, would give nightmares.*
Jedi… I am coming for you. Every last one of you. None of you are safe behind your academy walls. I have even given you Jedi two reasons to hunt me , to come and play. You have already heard of how the Naboo Governor lost his head, and his family was, so horribly, murdered. I am sure Jedi scream just like the good ole Governors children. It is amazing at what a vocal range a child has when their flesh is being removed in chunks. And the slaughter in Anchorhead. I enjoyed that one. Two reasons to hunt me down.

*Carnage reached his right hand out, his right index finger extended, curling back calling to the jedi.*

Come Jedi, come and hunt me down. Just remember I am also hunting you.

*The network went black again, flickering back to the regular news broad cast.*
Who? Who is but the form following the function of what, and what I am is a Sith in a mask.

Image Image

Carnages Theme
Fight Music
Carnage

Post by Carnage » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:05 am

*Holo news screens across the galaxy flickered to light. Some was clearly different, no music chime in, no flashy bulliten, just a dripping darkness. Within second a hand came across and wiped the lense clear, allowing the camera to focus on the news desk. The two Anchors, Wol'chandu and Diane Rattallia, seated in their respective spots, their heads placed on the desk infront of them, the entire set dripping in red. Carnage stepped into frame, from waist up again, at his side, bound and now gagged, Senator Gedd Demici of Serenno.

Jedi..... I will not stop, if it take entire civilizations, I will exterminate them all to draw you out. No one is safe from me, Jedi, not even your senators.

*Carnages right hand came up to the senators head, a saber hilt in it, pressed tightly to the senators temple.

If you believe this a game Jedi, it is one that you are losing.

Carnage thumbed the activation switch of his saber. The red blade exploding through the senators skull. He let the body drop, and deactivated the saber, clipping it to his belt, before walking towards the camera and off screen. Screams are heard, as the camera slowly tipped forward, no one holding it any more. The camera bumped to a stop, a pool of blood encircling the platform. A shadow is seen walking away, the camera left on air.*

Image Image

Carnages Theme
Fight Music
Carnage

Post by Carnage » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:13 pm

*Holo Screens all over the galaxy sprang to life to reveal the image of carnage, waist up, holding Sevs robe in his right hand, and Sevs Sabers in his left.*

Is that all you have Jedi, one pathetic fool to send after me. He was no match for me, and is now a dead Jedi on the duracrete floor of Coruscant. Sevantius Sesil is dead. Now that I have killed one of your own, I look forward to seeing more of you.

*The holo Screens blacked out and went dead.*

Image Image

Carnages Theme
Fight Music
Darth Xenro

Post by Darth Xenro » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 pm

URGENT NEWS BULLETIN!!!

In the last 24 hours, GA officials have responded to a distress signal on the planet Spira in the Core. To their horror, they found no survivors of what had to have been a riot- corpses litter the streets, a sickening display of what could only be described as "cannibalism" and "subhuman behavior."

There are no signs that any one person committed this act, though autopsies have revealed that something tampered with the workings of the brain in many of the cases, suggesting some sort of biological warfare.

We send our deepest sympathies to the families of the departed, and we hope that some more light can be shed on the cause of this tragedy. We will keep you updated on any new findings, and as always, may the force be with you all.

-end transmission-

viewtopic.php?f=617&t=6280&p=439655#p439655
Only the dead have seen the end of war-

Plato
Sa'an Akay

Post by Sa'an Akay » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Deceit! Terror!

Just a few short days ago, the planet Concord Dawn was attacked mercilessly by a force of around four hundred tanks. The attack, led by former General of the Mandalorian Army, Sa'an Akay, took place just a few hours after twilight, and left the entire city of Tome in ruin, with the body count in the thousands.

The attack seems to be a break in a long period of tension between the Mandalorian Empire and the splinter group, Neo Deathwatch. Apparently, this act of terrorism is a message directed at the current Mandalorian leader, Sarian Kofuri, as shown in the following clip. Be warned, as the video shows graphic content. Small children should be sent away.

*A video feed moves into place of the reporter, depicting skyscrapers falling and defenses being overrun by NDW forces as they advance through the city without regret.* "This is Sa'an Akay of the Neo Deathwatch. This attack isn't unwarranted. Brutality is a must, right now, as we send our new message to Manda'alor himself. Too long has your empire grown unhindered. Too long have your fleets sat, stale in space, waiting to do something but look intimidating. We are going to show you that no matter how big you think you look, something small like us, real mando boys, can topple you."

*The image cuts to a close up of a tank firing its cannon, tossing several defenders out of their bunker and into the air. More tanks fire on the position, reducing the bunker to a pile of rocks.*

"We're what mando'ad are. We're free, while you stay as a collection of trapped clans. Chaos might be destructive, but its a freedom we love to stand inside. This attack, this terrorism, it's a message, Sarian, and to all the clans. The Neo Deathwatch is real, and we aren't just some pesky flies nibbling at the leftovers of your empire."

*The video cuts away again, this time zoomed out. Tome is still standing, not a tank in sight. Suddenly, the camera shakes as hundreds of turbolaser rounds fall from the sky, crashing down onto the city. Screams can be heard as the bombardment stops, and the tanks move in.*

"This is just the beginning." *Feed ends.*
Space Cowboy? Yea... I think I like that.

Return to “Holonet”