Training Facilities

Kiala Renning

Re: Training Facilities

Post by Kiala Renning » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 am

Ki'ala watched as each sister spent their time dodging and weaving the kothryn soldier as they trained. It was a snarling thing, hunched over with scythe like claws, and a hard carapace shell. It was a nightmare to look at, but these sisters were getting the hang of handling it without fear. But this was a controlled environment, they needed to know how to improvise. Ki'ala and Sierra watched their two hundred warriors make their rounds, then on the second round of turns, as one of the sisters was coming up to attack the beast, Ki'ala pushed a button on her wrist computer. The chains released and the beast finally charged, frothing at the mouth with hunger and leaped up at the charging sister who squealed. Ki'ala did nothing, neither did Sierra, but Ki'ala felt deft hands on her holster, and a shot rang out, followed by a whimper. The beast lay dead, the sister unharmed, but another dancer who was not wearing wrist bracers after firing the Maul Tech pistol was trying to bite her lip and stave off the pain from the recoil. Ki'ala looked at Sierra and nodded. She turned to face the sisters.

"This one reacted as I had hoped, in the heat of battle, a controlled situation can suddenly turn into your worst nightmare. The enemy sends in reinforcements that outflank and surround you, a bug thought harmless lashes out and devours your comrade...a vehicle folds into a Machine Empire droid and kills your friends...an instructor unchains the training dummy...be prepared for anything...miss, what is your name?"

The previous force sensitive stood up at attention, She flipped her brown hair out of her eyes, "My name is Stella...I was...being sold to be a force sensitive dancer for a hutt lord...I am sorry I killed our training dummy."

"You have been promoted to lieutenant of our company of sisters...congratulations Lieutenant Stella,"

Stella saluted, and fell back into line.
Cuuldurach

Post by Cuuldurach » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:29 pm

Kyra took a break from her exercise, curious about what was happening across the way. She simply watched as the two-hundred women dodged around the large bug. She had no idea as to what was happening, that the group was being trained from scratch as warriors by two Commanders of the Sisters. Her interest peaked when she noticed the creature was let loose as one of the girls made her approach. Many seem to fall to fear, aside from the one woman who shot it dead before taking out the one girl who was closest. She didn't understand fear, the concept or its power. Up until this point, she was nothing but programming, living in an artificial shell of some sort. She was more than that now, but she still wondered what fear was. Would she ever feel it inside this body, or would it never truly register due to her programming and time already spent in hostile situations. So many things were still unknown, but for the moment, it was of little concern.

As the girls went on about their training, Kyra turned from them to go back about her own. It was fascinating to her at how well her body was coming along. No doubt its ability to develop this quickly was mostly in part to the flash training the mind received. Physical training was needed, but it was during this time that Kyra realized that things originally thought unknown came to her naturally. It made sense. The Sisters were clone bodies, each their own person and not even clones of the original, but raise and grown quickly. Added with the flash training, they were meant to be soldiers for the Protectorate. Quick development was ideal to keep their forces strong. At this rate, she felt she would be fully capable to go in a week or so, especially if she kept at her training. She'd be far from the actual Sisters, but she'd be capable enough.
Kyra

Post by Kyra » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Kyra continued on with her exercises, working now on a punching bag. She strength and stamina was building bit by bit, but it wasn't enough. This body was created to be a warrior. Her mind knew things, how to fight, the stances, the forms. It was good as she didn't intend to be soft in this form any more than her droid form. She was going to fight and she needed to make sure her body was where it needed to be.
Kiala Renning

Post by Kiala Renning » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:24 am

It was a day of rest for the recruits, Ki'ala came in wearing a tank top and sports shorts, and fingerless gloves. She started a sparring program with a training droid, and noticed Kyra. She watched the woman's movements. She gathered she was recovering from injuries, of some kind. Ki'ala had seen her in the training facilities near every day. She decided to put the training on hold and walked up to her.

"I don't believe we met, I am Ki'ala Renning, Nam Chorios Sisters Legion commander. I see you in here quite often, are you recovering from previous injuries?"
Kyra

Post by Kyra » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:51 pm

Kyra planted her fist hard into the punching bag as the last of her current circuit. As a droid, her attacks were much harder, but then again, the body was made of metal and didn't give the same way an organic body did. However, she could tell she had decent strength, especially compared to normal women and men she had observed.

When Ki'ala spoke, she turned her head to look at the woman for a moment, part of her still in line of a programmed mind, looking and analyzing someone. After a second, she shook her head lightly as she tried to snap herself out of that mindset and into a normal mind. She straight and turned around to face Ki'ala. Kyra was dressed in a normal crimson tank top, black leather pants and boots.

When she spoke, mentioning her name, Kyra looked to the ground for a moment as the name caught her attention.
"Ki'ala? I have heard that name before. Yes, Raul mentioned it some time ago when I first came here. I am Kyra." She then shook her head. "No, I'm not recovering from injuries. Just adjusting to this body. It is....new to me."
Kiala Renning

Post by Kiala Renning » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:16 pm

"New body? Are you a program? The Dynasty have the most advanced memory, and program transfer labs in the galaxy. We have perfected immortality as best as can be done without nano machines. It's expensive to do it too. I am glad to see it was successful, how are you enjoying being in the flesh? I hear it's a process, almost like being an infant and having to relearn everything. My utmost respect for you." She spoke with admiration.
Kyra

Post by Kyra » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:38 pm

"Yes, it is something to adapt to. So many new sensations that couldn't be understood otherwise. Not to mention adapting from four legs to two, metal to flesh. If I recall correctly, Raul had said something of being clone of you, though I'm sure we're far enough different to be a direct clone." When Ki'ala spoke of respect to her, she tilted her head. Cuuldurach had received little respect and a rant by what she had heard, yet she was being respected. Then again, perhaps she didn't know anything of her connection to him. "A program I guess I am, though I'm referred to more as an A.I."
Kiala Renning

Post by Kiala Renning » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:44 pm

Ki'ala smiled and gently placed her hand on Kyra's cheek to look her over right and left, and smiled, dropping her hand, "it doesn't matter in the end, but they did a good job. Dynasty clones are unique, no two clones are exactly alike, there is a huge palette of DNA to pick from. Clones can be specific, and be identical, but that takes a lot of time, you are your own person, despite my genetic pallette. You are Kyra, and not me."
Kyra

K

Post by Kyra » Tue Oct 27, 2015 5:53 pm

"It's a good thing, too. It was agreed that if I looked too much like you, it may be a problem for another." Kyra then thought on what she saw Ki'ala doing with the others the passed few days. "What was that creature you had the those girls training with the other day?"
Kiala Renning

Post by Kiala Renning » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:02 pm

The force sensitive slave dancers, all two hundred of them were not the fumbling women they once were. With half a year of training come and gone, they were uniform, structured, and with not a quiver of fear to their eyes or steps. They fought in step, could handle weapons of all sorts and had the pain torn out from them. Ki'ala walked up and down the rows of newly graduated sisters. She suddenly turned and took a hard swing at one of them, who reacted by ducking to the right, grabbing Ki'ala's arm and pulling her in close just short of connecting Ki'ala's face with a reciprocating elbow.
Ki'ala nodded, "very good Terryl, you were the slowest to learn once. All of you, have passed the training. Congratulations. You are now Medrikes chosen. Half of you will be in command of Raul, under Sierra Balar. The other half will be under my command workig with the Archangel himself. Consider both an honor of the highest regard."

The sisters saluted, "Glory to the Dynasty!"
Kyra

Post by Kyra » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Kyra continued her trips to the training area, still not taking the time to visit Cuuldurach. She wasn't sure if she was ready for that. Along with that, she still felt she still had some ways to go to fully adapt to her body. Days went by, passing into weeks. Daily she found herself here, training for hours on end until she couldn't go any further. In her droid form, her body didn't know limits in terms of exhaustion, merely capability. It was something she had to learn, which often left her passed out on the floor. Even to those who were born from the tanks had an understanding of themselves, yet since she was an A.I. placed in a flesh body, it took more to learn and merge with the physical mind.

Finishing a set of pull ups, she dropped down as she watched the graduation of the girls Ki'ala had been training before. After so much work, they seemed to be ready. What made them sure? Was it something in an organic mind that express mastery of skills or, at least, a satisfactory level to which meant the intense training was done? Somehow, she was never satisfied with where she stood, though she might have as well been set herself. Her mind didn't process it the same, always reaching for the highest level. As a droid, that peak was easy to obtain and had its limit. But as an organic, she never felt satisfied. She felt as if that peak was so far off.

Grabbing a bottle of water, she took a seat against the wall as she watched the girls continue on.
Sierra Balar

Post by Sierra Balar » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:20 am

"You are all dismissed, and you too Ki'ala. Mishka I am placing you in command of Raul's squad. I think I have earned the right to go back to retirement. Your Ruusanian fire would do well for the rest of your squad. I do think that Raul was right in picking you."

"Thank you Matriarch Balar," Mishka saluted, then dismissed her soldiers. The place was empty aside from Sierra and Kyra soon after.

"Never thought that would be over," Sierra chuckled and cracked her knuckles, "I'll enjoy getting back to my beloved, and returning to retirement. You've seemed to have improved in your time here. Who are you? You're a regular here, and there are seldom residents beyond military personnell, Persons of interest, or naughts. Are you a civilian?"
Kyra

Post by Kyra » Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:25 pm

Kyra watched as the girls were dismissed and quickly cleared out of the area except for Sierra. When she first started speaking, she wasn't sure whether the woman was speaking to her or to herself. It was clear, though, with her last few words that the conversation had been directed towards her. She stood to her feet as she contemplated the question.

Was she considered a civilian? True she wasn't of their armies or of any team or business on the planet. Perhaps that meant she was. At the same time, she saw herself differently. While she knew she wasn't, some may have considered a tool or piece of equipment. Even more, since she was an A.I., she was but a program. Unable to find a true answer to give, she pushed thought from her mind and let everything flow.

"I am Kyra. And I'm not sure if I'd be considered a civilian or not. I am not of any military or medical teams and I don't work for any of the businesses here. However, this body is a clone grown here, given to me by Raul. what I truly am is an A.I."
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:15 pm

It was many weeks after thar long conversation. Raul entered the training grounds and set up some sparring droids. He took off his duster, and shirt and began some practice punches, then whipped out his crimson saber and went to work against the electrostaffs of the IG-100's he had to practice and use a muscle he almost never had to incorporate, the force. Every two minutes of sparring he set the droids to increase the speed of their attacks.
Raul Endymion: "In order to eriadicate the Sith, first you need to be one. Sith are the only effective weapon against other sith."

Tau Ceti Base of Operations: viewforum.php?f=371

Raul's theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:53 pm

Kyra had been contemplating the words spoken by both Ki'ala and Serria. End the end, they had no issue with the fact that she was an A.I. in a clone body. She kept mention of arriving with the Sith Cuuldurach on the down low, especially with Raul gone. While the conversations were mostly kept to a general sense, she noted how well they spoke of the Protectorate, now Dynasty and how loyal they seemed to its cause. If anything, it made her wonder if she was loyal to anything.

Sure, one could say that her loyalty was to Cuuldurach, but then again, was it loyalty? She had the programming to think like an organic, but now that she inhabited such a body, the processes worked into her programming where being altered by sheer human emotion. But the more she thought on it, he more she felt she wasn't loyal to anything, just simply walking alongside because that was what she knew. Now she was starting to understand the reality of freedom and thought and something in her was wanting to search for an answer for herself, find a path for herself.

In all this time, she hadn't seen Cuuldurach. She had learned that the effects of the battle he was in was slowing the healing process. While he was well enough to move about and visit with others, she had kept away, more and more due to her wondering thoughts. Once again she had found herself in the training area, a place she was daily. Months had gone by and she felt she was well adjusted to her body now. But the idea of progression was setting in, a strange desire to go further and be better. That was what kept bringing her back.

When she entered, she saw Raul training with some of the droids. She stood back for awhile, simply watching him, seeing what kind of man he was without the words or the public display. It showed enough that he was just as much a warrior if not a hidden truth. After a few minutes of watching, she finally stepped forward.

"It has been quite some time since you were last around." While he knew the clone chosen for the transfer, she wondered if he really remembered or if he would be thrown off by the appearance of someone he hadn't had an interaction with prior.
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:45 am

He dodged and weaved as the timer beeped, and the droids became a hair faster, "It has been Kyra, you are looking well dear. How has the transition been?"
Raul Endymion: "In order to eriadicate the Sith, first you need to be one. Sith are the only effective weapon against other sith."

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:06 am

She nodded, surprised that he remembered. Still, she carried on without giving it any care. "The transition has been a little rough, yet, spending the few months in this body has been enough to adapt to it well enough. I feel that I will have to readjust when I am able to once again move freely between this and my droid form." She looked to the ground for a moment before returning her gaze to him. "Honestly, I haven't received any word about how the upgrades are coming along to that body. As eager as those creatures were, I figured they'd having something by now."
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:33 am

"Well, I rather like the human you...quite beautiful," Raul chuckled as he sliced the head off one of the droids.

"Do not worry, I suspect the naughts have not contacted you because they are not done yet. They are perfectionists. They do not truly need to rest for more than an hour. A perfect workforce for a growing dynasty. You will get your droid form, when it is perfect."

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:18 am

Kyra didn't respond to the comment on her being beautiful. That was still something that hadn't really set in with her. Letting it slip by she continued on with thought of her other body.

"Maybe so, but I wasn't expecting a few months to pass. It must be a bigger task than it seemed to upgrade it." She watched the droid's head rolling across the floor for a moment. Simplistic creations meant to be nothing but training dummies or, at times, cannon fodder. She wondered about her place as a droid. No, she wasn't just something to be used. Cuuldurach had always interacted with her as if she was human and never just threw her in front of him just to avoid a blow. She was more important than a simple droid. She might be just a program but many viewed her as more.

Thinking upon combat and war redirected her mind to the battle he had just returned from.
"How did the battle on Geonosis go?"
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:00 pm

"Geo?" He asked as he was whacked in the stomach by one of the droids. He fell forwards and a droid smacked his nose.

"Dammit! Stop!" He seethed and clutched his nose. The droids obeyed and ceased the simulation. Raul held the back of his hand to his nose and groaned, "ugh...Geo, right. We lost the city, and twenty thousand of the Goddess' finest."

He stood back on his feet, "we went in with fifty thousand, the greys came in with twenty thousand, and the mandalorians had a defense force of ten thousand. After the battle there was a distress call to Bakura. The Grey Fleet under the command of Iris Panaka left, but the Dynasty forces took a major hit. We won't be helping any time soon. Luckily Raith Dorn made it."

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 pm

Kyra leaned up against the wall and crossed her arms, the slightest chuckle coming from her at the ungraceful display from the slightest distraction of a simple question. Yet, that small humor faded at the mention of their losses. In normal times, Kyra understood what loss meant especially in terms of forces without much thought or emotion. Even now, the depth of it was still beyond her grasp and understanding but she knew enough to know it wasn't a joking matter.

"I imagine it'll take time to regain those numbers, even with al the clones you have in this city?"
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:34 pm

"Yeah, we need about ten thousand garrisoned in the major cities at all times, and about eighty thousand for conflict zones," he nodded.

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:01 pm

She nodded, figuring that despite what laid within the city, there wasn't enough to meet those demands. It took time to make clones and get them to the proper age. It was a matter of time, something they didn't have. She then looked to the droids, remembering many used such things. Surely they'd be easier to come up with.

"Have you ever thought of a different means of forces besides the soldiers?"
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:37 am

"Like droids? Conscripts?" Raul thought a moment, checking the back of his palm to see if there was blood.

"Yes, but to add droids, or conscripts would be to replace a legion, or a section of knights or sisters. Galactic standard regulations only allow for one hundred thousand soldiers, and three thousand specialized soldiers. I have the knights, and the sisters, and...a vong army I never seem to ever use..." Raul contemplated the thought.

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:05 am

"More in the way of droids or some other form to soldier to at least keep things together in times when they work better in certain situations or if the losses are so great it takes time to recover. And I didn't think you'd be too concerned what Galactic standard regulations are. When you need soldiers to fight a war, who's really going to complain?"
Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:35 pm

"In their own strange ways, all factions follow the same rules," Raul shrugged, "But I can certainly get rid of our vong program. We don't use them at all. I hear you're getting along with the sisters. What do you think about working with them? This droid body that the naughts are making for you. If it's good enough, we could issue a thousand of them, and put you in command."

Kyra

Post by Kyra » Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:42 pm

"I have noticed how loyal they are to this order, but otherwise, I haven't put much thought to it."

When he spoke of the naughts making her a body, she tilted her head.
"Making for me? I know they were upgrading my droid body, but I wouldn't consider it making anything. Besides, I wouldn't think of that form as an up front battle ready model. It'd be more for quick strikes and infiltration if anything."
Clank

Post by Clank » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:25 pm

A vent fell from the ceiling and a small cable fell from the mouth of the vent. A small ball of fluff in a safety harness and a multi tool across his back, skampered down the cable and looked to kyra.

"Good news! We're done! And it's shiny!"
Kyra

Post by Kyra » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Kyra looked up to Clank as he came out the ceiling. That in itself was odd to those he didn't know anything about them. When he spoke of it being done and shiny, she was left just as uncertain as when Raul mentioned they were making one. She looked between the two of them before gazing back up to Clank.

"Where is it?"
Clank

Post by Clank » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:31 pm

"In the techlabs! This way!" He pointed to the door, and dropped down from his cable, to scamper off down the hall.

Return to “Nam Chorios”