Unknown Space - Galactic North

Castio Spar
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Unknown Space - Galactic North

Post by Castio Spar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:13 pm

There were numerous ways of interpreting the orientation of space, and different navigators interpreted it differently based on their needs at the time, but most people generally thought of it in terms of north and south, like looking at a globe. The Unknown Region consisted of just over a 3rd of the stars in the galaxy, and very few of them had been substantially charted, but the region was still subject to the North/South rule. The lead that brought the intrepid group of searchers to the vast emptiness of the Unknown Region on that particular and fateful occasion had been reported by a smuggler passing through the North of the region. And so it was in the North that the Sun Flare, a hybrid corvette/gunboat of mandalorian design and special commission slammed out of hyperspace, surrounded by seemingly infinite stars, and began to drift ever so slowly "west".

Castio spun her chair from the controls and to the navigational array, activating the subroutine that overlaid all the pieces of their computer's various chunks of cartography into a single usable map. While it began it's collation work, she tabbed the ship's intercom. ::THe first leg of our journey has come to an end, you may feel free to get up and move about the ship as I'm sure you've already been doing for the last few hours. Any complaints about the flight should be directed at MIssion, the master of the ship, and not at Castio, your commander for the remainder of this adventure::

With that she snapped the intercom off and gave Mission a pleased nod. "I definitely like this arrangement."
Pax Jonan

Re: Unknown Space - Galactic North

Post by Pax Jonan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Pax quickly checks the time on his datapad. It was almost 1800 Coruscant Universal Time. This should be about the right time this cycle.

"Mission, I'm going to take a break for few minutes, if nobody minds, OK? Master, Commander, permission to exit the cockpit?"

Pax waits for a nod, and then he slips out to a small sleeping quarters, and sits cross legged on the floor closing his eyes. He reaches out, feeling the universe around him, a shallow touch of the force as a whole, living entity, connected to every other living being. He can vaguely sense how everything is connected to everything else, but some bonds are stronger than others.

Nomi Are you out there? Can you hear me yet? It's your brother. I know you know I'm here. I can sense you sensing me. We're getting closer, I know it. Just let me know you're ok.

Pax senses the bond he has in the force to his sister, and he can see she is alive, awake, and that she knows he is as well. If only he could say that he knew the same for his brother, or his parents.

After about 20 minutes, Pax comes back to the cockpit and quietly sits down.
Pax Creed Li-Cho-Nang (Jonan)
Human light sided force adept
Age 28, ht 6'2"
Weapons- silver lightsaber, blaster pistol
Mission Koht

Post by Mission Koht » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:53 am

Riding in the Sun Flare was always much more of an experience than some other trips. Normally, when Mission traveled alone she spent her time reading with her heels up on the console or journaling with her calligraphy supplies - Maybe the odd sketch every once in awhile. It was a very benign experience by contrast. Traveling on the Sun Flare was different mainly because of the company that was kept on it. Castio - the self appointed Commander but not Master of the ship - was absolutely full of stories from her extremely eventful life. Most of them had to do with piloting and the absurd things she'd seen in the service of her clan across the galaxy, but there were others as well. She was a gifted storyteller.

As so MIssion had sat with her feet still on the tactical console and listened, chiming in herself once in awhile, and deferring to Pax when the occasion suited as well. The three of them were very well traveled individuals, and these trips gave them a chance to swap notes and stories. Pax eventually quipped his way out of the room just as they were entering normal space, however, and Mission grinned at his request, poking her tongue out through her teeth. The period of his absence was spent by both Mission and Castio poring over the navi-computer as it reconstructed their maps.

The practice was as old as spacing itself, and most of the individual bits of data that made up their current star-chart were hard won prizes - some of them not willingly given. The cumulative result of the pieces was a map of the region more thorough than any that existed in mainstream cartography databases. It highlighted smuggler trade routes, hidden space stations, danger zones such as stellar calamities and sections of space or planets marked WDD- Where Dragons Dwell. The chart was kept in pieces so that it couldn't be easily seized by unfriendly individuals who might use it against the owners. The star-chart finished compiling in good time though, and Mission was just plugging Huilo's coordinate data in to be reconciled against it when Pax returned. Mission glanced up at him curiously.

"Any luck?"
I'm broken but I'm happy, I'm poor but I'm kind, I'm short but I'm healthy... I'm lost but I'm hopeful, I'm hard but I'm friendly. I haven't got it all figured out yet, and that's just fine.
Pax Jonan

Post by Pax Jonan » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:17 pm

His entrance having caught Mission's attention, Pax smiles and nods.

"Nothing new, but no bad news either."
Age 28, ht 6'2"
Evander Cerof
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Evander Cerof » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:14 am

Before the change in itinerary due to Mission’s rally signal on Ilum, the Koht-clan group on the Sand Dragon had been running more or less on Ansion-time for the last few days. Evander had been up and moving for 20 hours by the time they’d scrapped the old plan and reached Ilum; although thankfully Kellan had not been awake quite so long.

There was nothing remotely abnormal or uncomfortable about any of that. Nevertheless, Evander had sensibly banished himself and his son to one of the Sun Flare’s cabins shortly after they reached hyperspace. He’d turned off the lights, hummed a melody to the small boy who was already nodding off against his shoulder, and then the two fair-haired Mando’ade had fallen deep into sleep for a few hours.

Shortly before 18:00 Coruscant-Standard, Evander woke up from the telltale jolt-and-catch of the ship reentering normal space. Quietly moving around the cabin, the father briefly exercised, and then utilized the assorted supplies his youngest brother had tossed into a duffel bag for him. Evander took a shower, shaved, dressed in the spare set of clothes, and ate an apple. By 18:30CS, the man was back in his armor and accessing his comm-relay . He felt disconcerted to note that there hadn’t been contact from the Tuur Tracyn in several days; when in most circumstances he would have expected to receive a dump of any messages from the week… usually yesterday. But that wasn’t especially uncommon. They’d had a change in mission recently, from what he’d gathered.

::Lid, we’re fine on this end. Off to chase a new ghost past Ilum. I’ll send you the specs with Kellan’s pictures. Be safe, riduur. Check in when you can.::

After recording the brief message and sending it, along with a few files, to the secure drop he shared with his wife, Evander left a second quick message on his sleeping son’s comm, and then wandered out, refreshed and bright-eyed within his armor, to see what everyone else was getting up to. He found Castio, Mission, and Pax in the cockpit.

"Good evening, ladies and Jetii! Castio, thanks for the wakeup call. Pax, did you do the thing yet? How is she?"
Pax Jonan

Post by Pax Jonan » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:08 pm

Pax sighs. It rankles Pax that Evander so brazenly chirps in about his private attempt to commune with his sister. He's a very private person, and this feels as though his personal space is invaded, at least mission knew to be gentle about it. But when he made is as much of a habit as he has, people were bound to wonder what he's doing, and he wouldn't dare stop, lest Nomi think he's dead or something.

"She's still alive out there ... Somewhere. Beyond that, I don't know."
Age 28, ht 6'2"
Evander Cerof
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Evander Cerof » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:53 pm

Evander's nostrils flared under his second skin at Pax's sigh, as he realized he'd hit a nerve again. The slightly younger man took off his helmet and stowed it on the rack just outside the cockpit door, and put his earpiece in instead so that everyone present could see him.

"She's alive. She's strong. The others are, too."

Once again, Evander found himself not envying all the Force users in his life. The idea of losing everyone was bad enough, but he couldn't imagine the rawness of being able to just barely tell they were alive for years on end.

"You know they're fighting this thing just as hard on their end. We're gonna get them back."
talmai winterhold
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by talmai winterhold » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:27 am

The revelation of consciousness didn't great Talmai with a friendly embrace after her reset nap. Perhaps she'd neglected her hydration; maybe it was because she'd slept in full armor apart from her helmet, while she usually stripped the beskar plates off her armorweave suit down to the waist for sleep; it could have also just been that she'd been in a very warm and humid place for the past few days and had suddenly flash-frozen her senses on Ilum. Whatever the case, Talmai woke up with a headache, and she didn't like it. She groaned quietly in the privacy of her little sleeping pod and grabbed her helmet, pressing its cool forehead against her own hoping for some relief. It was marginal. glancing down onto the lower tiers of the four-tiered sleep pod, Talmai noticed that Evander was gone, while Kellan remained a sleep on the lowest tier. That was the problem, Talmai realized - she'd overslept! She was always the first out of bed.

The mandalorian woman pivoted carefully out of her bunk and lit quietly on the deck of the ship, doing her best not to wake her nephew's nephew. Even so, she knelt down to kiss his forehead before slipping out of the room, still pinching the antihelix of her ear to dull the throbbing headache. She habitually retraced several of the steps Evander had a few minutes earlier, deigning to take a cold shower in hopes of further alleviating her headache - it helped a bit. Finally settled back into her armor and having downed a bottle of water from the coldie, Talmai slapped on her helmet and found her way to the greatest source of sound and activity just in time to catch the gist of Pax and Evander's exchange rolling down the hall. She arrived at the close of Evander's comment and wedged herself into the door-frame with him. Her hands flickered quickly at him.

Rude face

"We're probably going to be picking them all up today anyway." She commented, her voice issuing forth in clear notes of cal confidence from the external speaker of her helmet.

Return to “Space”