Public Entrance and Landing Pads

Tatiana

Re: Public Entrance and Landing Pads

Post by Tatiana » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:49 pm

<<Queen Vanessa of the Lux Dynasty, welcome to the Jedi Temple, I am surprised you appeared without an appointment, but these are different times,>> Tatiana spoke as she appeared from a hallway with four temple guard.

<<We can talk a little bit now, or you can follow me on a tour that I am planning for some university students, but I assure you I am aware of your last visit. I apologize for the negligence of those before me. I promise I will give you full audience on this trip. Also, congratulations on your newborn, and your marriage. I am also a mother, I know what it's like to raise a little one. It's both a joy, and a season of growth. I sense you are not the only one who may be on their way here, the activity in the temple has attracted eyes from all over. Will you also be representing your husband? Or will he make the trip out here as well?>>
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:37 pm

"It is an honor Grandmaster Tatiana. Do not worry, I figured you were more accommodating than those who ran this elegant temple before you. On behalf of the Luxy Dynasty, I give you a long overdue greetings, and condolences for the loss of those on Metellos all those years ago. I am impressed with your resolve to get the Jedi up and running again. Word has reached all ends of the galaxy of the resurgence of the Jedi. You should be proud, you have done the Galaxy a remarkable good. I believe I will follow along, if that is okay with you. I have always been curious of this place. I assume this is a rare opportunity of a lifetime," Vanessa bowed in respect.
Vanessa Lux: "I want freedom, the freedom to take what I want, and give as much as I want. That's what true freedom is."

Samantha 'Harpy' Lux: "You'll love what I'll let you do to me, until it's my turn."

Jessica 'Jester' Lux: "Sally Wally likes to play, likes to chop things in messy ways, when Sally Wally's had her spree, she chops again out of glee!"
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:41 am

<<I hope it won't be so rare, but common place. There will be restrictions on where people can go, but to keep all this wealth of knowledge to one's self is...well it's selfish. We have a grand archive, why not let others use it too? I figure a small group would not hurt much, and it will also show that we are still very much active. Our order took a catastrophic hit in the battle against the Kothryn. However now is the time for a fresh start and new ideas. I watched as the jedi simply stayed idle and let others fight their battles for them. I saw jedi come and go from missions once in awhile, but it was never anything of significance. I spent more time raising my daughter and training on my own than I ever spent out in the field. There was no reason for it, and then the Jedi caught themselves unprepared on Metellos and the rest is history. What you see here is the rebirth of thousands of generations of Jedi. It is simply a new cycle after the Great Disappearance,>> She huffed a moment as she turned around and looked at one of the grand statues, <<more like a massacre...>>
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:46 am

"Well I won't be as forward as to expect an allegience between the two of our orders. You have your doctrine and mission and we have ours. However I did come to say that the Dynasty will offer what support and aid we can if you are ever in trouble. These are dark times, and the Machine Empire is only going to become more of a problem. One way or another, the Jedi, the Greys, the Dynasty, and the Mandalorians have all been hit by the Machines. It is our mutual enemy at the moment, as the sith seem to be quiet, but we will all need one another," Vanessa sighed and walked up to Tatiana's right.
Vanessa Lux: "I want freedom, the freedom to take what I want, and give as much as I want. That's what true freedom is."

Samantha 'Harpy' Lux: "You'll love what I'll let you do to me, until it's my turn."

Jessica 'Jester' Lux: "Sally Wally likes to play, likes to chop things in messy ways, when Sally Wally's had her spree, she chops again out of glee!"
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:51 am

<<That is not entirely accurate, the sith part anyway. They are active, one came up to the steps of the temple. He requested an artifact that his master left some time ago. It must have been when the temple was nearly devoid of Jedi and it was just my husband and my daughter. They are out there, and they're moving as ambitiously as the Machines. Though they are doing their best to cover their tracks. I think the sith that showed up was not part of the plan, I felt a secondary presence, and it was fuming with rage towards the sith that approached me. Whoever came to investigate was not happy with whatever this sith did. I think they are trying to keep under the radar as best as possible. You will have my help...and If you have seen the video I sent you, know that I am aware of the significance of the alliance between the Mandalorians and the Dynasty. It was not right for me to sit on that information,>> Tatiana shrugged while she glanced up at Vanessa.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:32 pm

"I have not seen it, but I am sure I will be informed later. The Mandalore and the Archangel are close in friendship. Something like this would be likely to fall upon the ears of the Archangel too. I am not surprised the Sith have been working in the shadows. Where there are Jedi, there are bound to be Sith. It is just the nature of your battles with them. You are a young grandmaster, you are sure to have many more encounters with them. I would be more concerned about those that would potentially seek to use your youth as a means to claim you ineligible for the position you're in. However with no council, there is no ability to run the Order in an efficient manner, it only makes sense for you to assume the positon. Though such things are of little importance when the Machines are making moves and setting up for a prolonged conflict. Civil disputes are our greatest enemy right now," Vanessa sighed with a shrug.

Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:25 am

<<I appreciate your sentiments on my age, I am merely thirty. I think Master Luke Skywalker was about my age, maybe a little older when he brought about the new jedi order ages ago. That is neither here nor there. I am aware of my inexperience, but I have good judgment of character. If anyone seeks to shut me out of being a grandmaster, it would not be in the best interests of the Jedi Order. I would fear that those that thought differently would want to return to the old ways of remaining away from the troubles of the Galaxy. That got eighteen jedi killed in a matter of a few weeks and made our temple and way of life go dark. I would not wish that to ever happen again, but worse things have happened to the Order. We are but vessels for an ideology, and ideologies stand the test of time. Sith, Dynasty, Mandalorian, Jedi, Greys, are all people that follow the name of an idea.>> Tatiana huffed a rasp, the best she could do to laugh but it was thoughtful, <<there's a bantha in the room...>>
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 am

"Our ideologies are different, and such is our implementation of them, things have gotten better without Raul to hold my place..." she shook her head and mused over what she was saying once Tatiana mentioned the Bantha. Vanessa could only agree, and she was surprised she ever got through the door and had an audience with the Grandmaster.

"I've read up on all the occult dealings of the old Tau Ceti. I know your daughter's father is not John Bickket, but the leader of the sub faction of the Templars. Shas'o Kai. You need not worry, he has been forced to refrain from all pursuits of you and your daughter. What strikes me as interesting is the fact that he was once what was known as a "Jimmy" clones trained to avoid being killed as soon as they know how to walk. There are very few of them, but they can be anyone from men or women within the Dynasty. Some are even force sensitive. I can imagine that your daughter is very adept for her age, and beautiful..." Vanessa mused thoughtfully.

"I have no interest in such matters of the past, but I was surprised you let me into the door. There are few who know of the templars outside of the Dynasty, but that matters little when I can already name them. More to the point, I hope this does not cause trepidation in an alliance, like I said before, I do not expect an allegiance, you have your own code of ethics and morals to follow. As long as we have a mutual understanding of what is at stake, I do not see any issues between our two ways of life," She nodded to Tatiana.

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:05 pm

*Kurayami transmitted to the Temple from his shuttle as it entered the system. It was simple acknowledgement of who he was and that he held no ill will. He transmittted his IFF using 'Amaranth' again for the Avadon shuttle, still broadcasting it as a prototype shuttle. No model number or class was given. Once he was cleared he followed the approach vector he had been given without deviation. He was expecting that there would be at least some higher level security given tthat the landing pads were public and the Jedi Grandmaster was standing there talking with Vanessa.

Overall things seemed rather quiet for a publicly accessible area. Far less busy than he remembered it being last time he had been here. He supposed such was to be expected when the Jedi had dispersed amongst the stars, only recently attempting to make their presence known again. As he disembarked his ship, Kurayami made no attampt to hide his presence in the Force. The Archangel armor shone with a dull sheen, with the aurodium and platinum accents standing out that much more due to the gunmetal gray of the plates. The demon's skull inlay over the face plate of the helm would have been intimidating to many yet for him it was naught but a reminder that in the current state of the galaxy the coming batles would showw no mercy, so neither would he to his enemies. The skeletal wings were swept back and folded to minimize the area they took up.

He approached both women confidently and bowed in deference to each of them in turn. After doing so he straightend his posture and greeted them. The vocabulator was simply broadcasting his voice as he spoke, no amplification or distortion present.*

I apologize for my late arrival Queen Vanessa. I would also like to apologize to you Grandmaster Tatiana, as I pride myself on being either slightly early or right on time to such meetings. I am Kurayami Bloodborn, leader of the Bloodborn Ascendancy and Archangel of the Dynasty. I have come to represent the interests of the Goddess Anguish as her voice. As I am sure Vanessa has made clear, we do not seek a full alliance as of this point. Nor do we wish to infringe upon the autonomy of the Jedi Order. We do however realize that the coming storm will require us to work together if we wish to see the galaxy survive. I am here to make sure that we reach an understanding and accord that will benefit all involved. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions you may have, I will answer them to the best of my ability.
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
As a demon it uses it's power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies
However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns...
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail its shadow beneath
Until men united wield a hallowed sabre
In final reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man
His own blood and madness soon cover the earth
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:24 am

<<So the inner circle arrives...>> Tatiana bowed in respect to Kurayami. She was about to answer Vanessa, but the sudden appearance of the Archangel and the reiteration of what the Queen said made it easier to respond, but first formalities, <<A pleasure Archangel Bloodborn. You've taken your new role in stride, I don't quite remember the armor looking like that as it was displayed in the cathedral. I hope you continue to protect the ideals and values of the Dynasty. Integrity was never its strong point when I was once a part of it. Vanessa did indeed make it clear the intentions of the Dynasty. You are correct in assuming that a partial alliance is necessary, I will not have a repeat of Metellos on my watch. We have all been hit by the Machines and suffered great losses. It would be foolish to ignore the growing problem of the Machines. They were always in the background, but they've become emboldened lately. Bakura was hit by them, one of our own was injured. We are not immune to the trials and tribulations of war. We will fight with you, but after, our participation in any more Dynasty campaigns will have to be discussed in detail. We are our own entity after all. How long do you expect this war to take, also do we know where their bases of operation are, and how strong the Machines are? Do they have any sort of secret weapons?>>
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:09 pm

::Yes, I am part of the inner circle indeed. I have been Archangel since the title was passed to me by Raul, though for what I cannot quite remember at the moment. It is of little import though.::

He nodded at her respectful greeting, not entirely unexpected, but still good to see.

::I had little choice but to take the role in stride, and the armor that was given me at first was too cumbersome for my fighting style. For a while I didn't wear armor that signified my rank, however I felt that what I had been using was in need of an upgrade, so I redesigned the armor incorporating features of the old but updating it as well. The Dynasty has a noble mission and I strive to uphold the ideals as best as I can.

I am glad that what I ended up speaking just now had already been made clear by Queen Vanessa.::

*At the mention of Metellos, Kurayami bowed his head. He remembered seeing firsthand what the Kothryn had managed.*

::I can understand why, I was unfortunately there to witness the carnage. I do not know that the Jedi would survive a second hit like that at this time. The Machines are relentless and exceedingly brutal, and yet I do not seek to wipe them out completely. I seek to remove their ability to cause such widespread destruction. They have become emboldened due to the resurgence of their leader Iron Hail. We expect only that your participation will be necessary through this campaign, we respect you independent status and would not infringe upon that.

Now, to answer the questions you posed. The campaign against the Machine Empire and Sith is going to be a long one. As of now we don't have any solid estimates, however those whom I have worked out basic plans with estimate that it will be a matter of months at the shortest, the longest could be years. It all depends on how well we manage to cripple their production capability in the opening stages. We do know that their main bas of operations is located on Raxus Prime, however they have what are known as Helix Containment Units spread throughout the galaxy. These serve as refueling stations for their fleets. If we can destroy these then it will limit their mobility, to a degree. There are those who are able to drain the Force from living beings in order to recharge the internal Force containment units that power each droid. I believe that this is limited to the larger ships, such as carriers and battleships, though Iron Hail and his top generals have demonstrated this ability as well. The Machines are nearly invulnerable to energy weapons due to a material known as Celestial alloy. I was able to recover a drop unit decades ago, however even now we cannot replicate the material. It is a lost process, perhaps with more study and time we would be able to replicate it but I find that to be unlikely. Depending on the thickness of the material it can withstand a capital ship heavy turbolaser with little damage. In addition the droids are armed with what are known as Force blades. These are not like the blades that the Jedi once used, more similar to the Rakatan Force saber. However it has a major advantage that those do not. Though able to be blocked by a lightsaber, lightsaber resistant materials provide no help against these weapons. They pass through armor and are designed to only damage organic material. However the droids are weak to solid projectiles and blades, so those are your best bet against them. They have a fleet of 55 ships and 100 thousand droids to bring to bear. And though we have numbers on them with the strength of four factions, giving us 220 ships and around 900 thousand soldiers, this is by no means a guaranteed victory. The Machines are able to easily replace destroyed infantry and small ships, meaning that this war will last until we are able to strike at the heart of the empire on Raxus. Again, some of the higher ups are able to utilize the Force rather well, and Iron Hail is extremely strong in his abilities. As for secret weapons there are no known, however they are believed to be utilizing new designs based on former combat experience and raids conducted previously.::
Last edited by Kurayami Bloodborn on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:24 pm

<<And what's bringing up the Sith?>> Her tone was suddenly stern and a touch alarmed, <<why such concern with the Sith? Are they somehow involved with the Machines? Such an alliance would be impossible. Why do we need to put resources to snuffing them out as well? Their ideologies are completely different from one another. What information do you have on them?>>
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:29 pm

*Kurayami inclined his head slightly in an informal bow.*

::I did not mean to alarm you. I thought you were aware that the Sith are planning a resurgence of their own, I mistakenly believed that you had felt the awakening darkness as it has slowly spread from the Eastern Outer Rim. Perhaps the ripples were not strong enough to make it all the way to th Core Worlds. My concern is not with the Sith themselves, rather it is with their leader. A young Nautolan man I once worked with long ago, Nereus Draken. During a visit some time back on Ossus I was having a drink with Grandmaster Miko Panaka of the Grey Jedi Order. There was a massive disturbance that the two of us noticed similar to the one we had felt when last we encountered Iron Hail. So we went to investigate.

It turned out to be in the Yuuzhan Vong Galaxy...the only other person there than ourselves was Lord Nereus. Given our inebriated state we actually managed to converse with him for a short time. During the conversation we both sobered up enough to put two and two together. Nereus Draken is the new physical form of Iron Hail. The Sith as of now are not in control of any systems, though that may change soon. Nereus is in effect in command of the Sith as well as the Machine Empire. Why Iron Hail selected Nereus we are not sure, but we believe that it may be due to the fact that while he appears aloof and unassuming he is in fact rather cunning. Knowing what I do about Nereus he likely believed that if he were infected with the nanovirus and allowed Iron Hail to use him as a vessel that he would be able to maintain control over himself while gaining immense power. If he still exists in any form in the mind of his old body, then there is hope that we will not need to kill Nereus to get rid of Iron Hail for good.

As for the others who have been making appearances, I do not believe that many of them are aware of what exactly they are. Right now they are nothing but disposable pawns to Iron Hail. He will use them to provide distractions from his main attacks and in doing so hope to eliminate as many organics as possible in one fell swoop. The Sith think this alliance serves their interests as well as those of the Machine Empire, however even were they to win the coming war Iron Hail would simply wipe out the survivors. His wish is to eradicate all organic life from the universe. I do not have names or specific locations of the Sith as of now, but I do know for sure that they are allied with the Machines.::
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:03 am

<<No, I wasn't aware of any significant movements, I've, we've only really just started getting our feet on the ground again. We lost eighteen Jedi on Metellos, the only one to have come back at all was a Jedi named Diogenes. I did the tally myself. One hundred percent casualties, and that is what had led to the great disappearance. We have a small group on a mission to relocate a ship called The Refuge, and recover any jedi along the way. They're going to head to Yavin to see if any of our fellow brothers and sisters are there.>>

She mulled the new information Kurayami gave her carefully. This was both bad, and good. Bad that Iron Hail had returned to purge the galaxy of life. Bad that the Sith were following him as he was disguised as a fellow Sith. Bad that the sith he was inhabiting did not know any better, but yet deserved to be saved. Yet what was good was that she now knew everything.

<<Hopefully we can help in Nereus' recovery. How many other factions are allied to the cause? The Dynasty has many worlds it looks after, but only three systems to its name. Who else is flying with you? I assume the Greys are.>> She asked, not wishing to fill the air with talk, she understood what she needed to know.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:20 pm

::I believe that they have been purposefully avoiding any movements that would be too major as of now. Likely they are trying to do much what the Jedi are, visit old places of power and try to build their numbers back up. There is one Sith I know of whom is completely disconnected from this however. Hirsi Ranvir. He led an attempt to bring back the recognition of Trayus Academy as a premier Sith place of learning. He was unable to get the support needed and as such Trayus has faded into the background yet again along with Malachor V. I know that he is still making his home there and he is far older than most have any right to be, as such he has become disillusioned with the galaxy at large and has kept completely to himself. He will not be entering battle on behalf of any faction.::

*What she said about the Jedi losses on Metellos didn't seem to add up completely. There was no way that all 18 died. Yet one came back. His eyes narrowed in thought. His tone when he spoke was contemplative.*

::The 18 you speak of are indeed 'lost' so to speak, however I would not consider them 'casualties' just yet. For example I do believe that both my half-sister and niece were both present at the battle. I am also rather sure they made it out alive as I recall having visited them on Naboo after the fact. Granted they have not been in contact with the galaxy at large for some time. The one you mention, Diogenes...he did return? That is rather interesting, he was the last padawan of my sister. I believe she had promoted him to knight shortly before the Metellos incident. The Refuge, een a long while since I have heard the name of that ship, I should hope that when recovered the ship is in good condition and that the crew are well. Yavin IV, there is indeed a presence there, well a few. I noticed a light side presence, but it has been immobile for some time. Perhaps meditation, perhaps a member of the archaeology corps. Many possibilities exit, but it is not a presence I recognize. That is the only light side presence I have noticed in that area. There were others, ones I did know in the Western Outer Rim, but they have been quiet the past bit.::

*He went silent again as she processed the information he had given her. It was a lot to take in all at once, he understood that well. He had gathered the data over a long time and had a chance to process most of it over time before finding the next bit. Kurayami did feel a bit bad for dumping this all on the young woman at once, but now had been the opportune moment to reveal what was known to potential allies.*

::When it comes to the recover of Nereus, there is a small sliver of hope, in fact I believe that he is currently in a bit of a tussle with Grandmaster Miko Panaka somewhere in the Deep Core. It is difficult for me to not notice the clashing of two such forces. Why Miko would choose to do this I am not sure but will be sure to ask him if he returns. I do know that he has a plan in place that will result in the destruction of Iron Hail with little chance of failure. If he succeeds then the physical body of Nereus should be saved from destruction, if he does fail then I fear that saving Nereus will not be an option. As of now the list of factions that stand against the Machines would be as follows; the Bloodborn Ascendancy, Dynasty, Mandalorians, and Grey. With you being in agreeance that brings us up to 5 factions who are ready to resist Iron Hail and his minions, both mechanical and Sith. The Ascendancy has three worlds under our control, and we focus on the welfare of those three, though we do provide aid to others when we are able to.::
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Vanessa wanted to chime in, she was unaware that Iron Hail had returned in the form of Nereus. This would have been useful for her to know. She was about to speak her mind about the separation between the cathedral and the monarchy, but this was not the time and place. She needed to be professional, and would discuss it with the Archangel later. If she was supposed to be the figure the public saw on a daily basis, then she deserved to know these things. Vanessa put it out of her mind as she gathered her own thoughts on the matter.

"I am of the mind we should destroy them outright, but do we really want to save Nereus? How would we accomplish such a thing? Or is that more of Master Panaka's plan?" she spoke curiously, doing her best to keep her irritation in check.

Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:47 pm

<<It indeed sounds like Master Panaka has a plan in place for separating Nereus. Once he brings him back I will be glad to help in whatever process there will be planned for the former Sith lord.>> She nodded to Vanessa, making sure she knew that she was not being ignored and her position and role was as respected as the Archangel. She could not put her thumb on it, but something was bothering Vanessa, or at least she was keeping it to herself.

<<Queen Vanessa, and Archangel Bloodborn , we will need time to think about what to do in terms of alliances, but we have a mutual interest in the safety and peace of the galaxy. The Machine Empire threatens that peace, and has been a plague for the past half century. At least two generations have passed since then and now children's children are stepping up to the plate to fight this menace. The Machines should have been put down eons ago. I cannot speak for my predecessors, but I can say that if they involved themselves sooner, this problem would have been quelled long ago. I will do what I can now, for future generations, that is my promise to you.>> She nodded to them both and smiled.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:13 pm

*Kurayami was well aware of Vanessa's annoyance with him, and he would be more than happy to explain to her later why he had withheld the information. Even then he hadn't revealed the full plan as that was up to Miko whether or not he wished to. Kurayami still wasn't sure how much exactly Miko had told his own daughter and in his mind Iris deserved to know before anyone else had all the details.*

::I understand and respect your feelings on the matter Queen Vanessa. There is however, a very important part that the Machines play in the overall balance of things. This is why we needn't destroy all of them. We will remove their ability to ever be more than an annoyance, that much I can promise you. As for Nereus, if he is able to be separated from Iron Hail in the way Grandmaster Panaka has planned, then there is a good chance that he will be stripped of the Force completely while being left physically unharmed out side of any wounds inflicted during his capture. While I do know the how, I gave Miko my word that I would leave it to him as to when to share the information with others. Such things have a nasty habit of being found out even when utmost caution is taken to make sure that it does not. I assure you both that this is not a matter of trust in either of you, simply what I have learned from experience in similar situations.::

*He nodded to Tatiana, though he knew she couldn't physically see the motion she would be able to notice it through the Force.*

::Grandmaster Tatiana, I understand that further alliances will require thought and meditation on your part. My decision to be present here was not a snap decision, rather the Goddess requested for me to make a visit. I was planning on doing so before Vanessa unexpectedly made her trip, not to say that I am upset that she is present. It was a rather nice surprise in fact. The Machine Empire has been around for many eons before any of the Force Orders even. From what information I have gathered they in fact date to around the time of the Celestials. This seems to be cyclical. The Machines will go dormant for a long while before making a comeback to try and eradicate all organics. My thought though is that given their strengths and few relative weaknesses, is that their first attmpt should have been successful, the organics of the galaxy should have had no chance. And yet here we are, I believe that the Machines have done this intentionally. Why? They feed on the Force and are powered by it, the easiest source and most abundant? Organics. To wipe us out would mean that they have to rely on few places to refuel and recharge, but not only that. Without organic life they would be limited to a finite number of recruits. Once the raw materials were used up they would not be able to sustain themselves through nanovirus transmission. While for a time they would be at peace, in due time there would be infighting. If they are unable to build or recruit more units then they too would fade. When we are finished though there will not be enough of them left to pose a major threat any longer. That I promise you Grandmaster Tatiana.::
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:50 am

Vanessa simply nodded and kept professional in front of Tatiana in her response to Kurayami. Leave it to the lunk that's banging the goddess to throw ou tprofessionalism in the face of a new ally. Now the grandmaster was acutely aware there was a difference in communication between the cathedral and the monarchy. Vanessa was sure Tatiana already knew, but to confirm that it had not changed, was not good. She would reprimand the Archangel later, and not for keeping the information away from her.

"This is neither the time nor place to discuss such matters, we'll break words about it later Archangel. As for Grandmaster Panaka, I am sure he'l give a detailed report on his reasonings for engaging Nereus so early. If we send support now, we could provoke an early start to the war, and I do not think we are prepared quite yet. We do not even know how many sith or other allies Iron Hail has at his disposal. I think our priority should be to finding out about that as much as possible. We know the strength of the Machines, but not the Sith. He could have as few as two, or as many as thousands. If they are keeping quiet, it's for a reason."

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:19 pm

*Kurayami had no outward reaction to Vanessa's promise that they would discuss...something, later. That was probably what was irritating her, whatever it was she refused to break her facade of professionalism for. At leas tshe saw no reason to try and interrupt the duel taking place. THe number of Sith was likely rather small, otherwise the darkness would be far greater in scale. In response however he nodded.*

::The matters you refer to I am afraid I am in the dark about Queen Vanessa. If you feel the need to discuss such things at a later time though, please feel free to visit me in the Cathedral. Miko has a plan, as for how detailed I am not going to speculate. He will tell us what he deems relevant to the situation. His reasonings may be as simple as he wanted to, or perhaps they are far deeper. Iron Hail likely intended to try and draw out Miko in a duel. There are parts of Grandmaster Panaka's history that I am not at liberty to discuss as they are not well known to the outside galaxy. They would help fill in some blanks, but again that is up to his discretion on what to tell, if anything. I can agree that there will be no support sent, not for exactly the same reason, however as it would be a fruitless gesture and only end with the loss of any units or ships sent. Iron Hail sees few as a threat to him, and as such provoking an early start to the war would be unlikely. That is my personal read on the situation given past interaction with Iron Hail and watching how he behaves in response to being attacked and being at the head of an offensive.

The number of Sith is also rather low. While some have come out of the woodwork its is far fewer than last time they and the Jedi faced off. Like the Jedi they are splintered. They do not have anywhere near the numbers to pose a threat to the Jedi were even a single faction to stand with the Jedi, thus their deperate move of allying with the Machine Empire. The Sith are but a blip in comparison to the Machines. In terms of those gathered to the Machines cause, estimates are at around one hundred total. Not all Force users, and even then many are still in training, at the level of a knight or apprentice. This is why they are still quiet, yet the silence will not last much longer. Perhaps a couple more years at most would be my estimate.::
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:03 am

It was clear neither of them were able to maintain a level of professionalism, Tatiana decided to move the conversation onward,<<Two years? Plenty of time to make apprentices into knights, and knights into masters...at least from the way of the sith. One hundred seems awfully low for someone who was so easily able to get ahold of what he needed to overturn the Machine Empire; even if it resulted in bringing Iron Hail back. My guess is that if the sith are going to hide their numbers, they'll do their best to hide it from someone with the networks and resources to find them. Namely you Bloodborn. One hundred seems too low, and a thousand seems too high. Still, there is a presence, and I surely have felt it. It is bigger than your estimate, but I feel them all over, in many places. I have simply been unaware due to obvious civil issues within the Jedi Order. Hopefully with a new fleet and fresh troops, we will start to see a trickling of Jedi and hopefuls returning to this place. Now that the monster is out of the bag, my position has not changed. We will do all we can to see Iron Hail routed, and this Nereus brought to justice.>>

She heaved a contemplative sigh, <<What should we be doing in the meantime while we wait for Iron Hail to make his move?>>
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:46 pm

*Kurayami shook his head slightly.*

::That is a best case scenario Grandmaster. I was making an estimate based on the level of activity that has been seen as of late from Iron Hail and his minions as well as the Sith. One hundred may seem low, but it was not Nereus who overturned the Machine Empire. Rather quite the reverse. The Sith are the pawns of the Machine Empire, thanks to Nereus. Iron Hail is simply allowing them to think that they are safe. Iron Hail sees no use for large numbers of organics, especially when his aim it to eliminate all organic life. He sees organics as an anomaly. So it would make sense that he would keep a very small number of them around. Right now Nereu's mind is not his own, Iron Hail is utilizing his body and mannerisms...::

*He trailed off a moment, a dark presence was felt, one familiar to him. Not far from here either. It was on the planet.*

::The return of Iron Hail is one that he likely had planned before his demise even. He simply needed to find a vessel that he could convince easily, Nereus turned out to be the perfect candidate, and the fact that he was trying to rebuild the Sith simply gave Iron Hail a cover to use while scouting. With the rate at which the Machines can replace their own soldiers, they need no outside help. Much of the darkness you sense comes from Nereus himself. The others don't come close to holding a candle to Iron Hail. There are others but even if more than one hundred I would still say that it isn't far higher than that. Keep in mind as well that they may simply utilize Sith alchemy or Sith sorcery to imbue an area with darkness to make their numbers seem great than they are. In time more Jedi will make themselves known I am sure, but it may be some time yet. I did not expect that you would change your position based on this meeting. We do the only thing we can until he makes his move, we prepare.::
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:52 am

Tatiana nodded, but before she could answer, she felt a massive ripple in the force, as if the force itself was crying out in pain, but it was gone as quick as it appeared. It was still enough to make Tatiana reel with shivers. Now that she was a bit more focused, she too could feel the planet in question, in fact she got a rather impressive picture of the planet that it took place on. Something had been activated there, and used. Was it one of the Machine structures?

<<Sorry, I felt a disturbance. I think it's in the deepcore, on one of the more polluted worlds. It's a good bet Nereus is there and activated one of those structures you mentioned. You say he'd have about two years to gain full strength and press his assault? If he can replace his soldiers as quickly as you claim, then do we also wait two years for his impending first wave? If we attack him now, we could be at a loss of troops for a while.>>
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:47 am

"With the goddess as our guide I am sure she will lead us to victory against these machines and their sith agents. She brought me through it this far, and I won't let her dynasty fall under my first real war on my doorstep. She appointed me to be the figurehead for the monarchy and representative to her divinity, and I will not let it fall. I sincerely doubt my predecessor would have either. I will do all I can in my power to ensure victory, and keep the people under our wing as safe and secure as possible. As long as the Jedi can continue to gather in strength and numbers, we will have a formidable force to throw against the machines. We may never get another opportunity like this again, let us hope in two years time our alliances are still as strong as they are today," Vanessa nodded to them both, with confidence.

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm

::As Vanessa has said, in the end victory will be ours. It will be costly and many who are important members of all orders will be lost in the fighting. However the enemy also stands to lose more irreplaceable generals and commanders. The Machines will end up losing Iron Hail one way or another when this is all over. They do have other units who can lead, but the hope is to eliminate the most well known of those as well an create a power vacuum. If all unfolds as I have foreseen, then those who stand here and Medrike will surely make it through. Raul's chances are rather good as well. Gavin Phoenix is also very likely to survive, but anything beyond that is unclear. Take your time to train those whom have returned to the greatest level of mastery they can achieve in the two years we have. There is reason I have prepared my troops for war for many years. The Bloodborn Ascendancy has been making great strides in preparedness.::

*The ripple that reverberated from the Deep Core was clearly a powerful presence. If the one whom he believed was there then it would make things a bit more difficult. He would have to say hello however before he returned to Manaan. That would have to wait until he left though.*

::Ah, yes what you feel is the reactivation of one such device. It is not a bad sign however, though it does tell me that the time may be shorter and he may be trying to recruit more allies to his cause. If successful, which I do not doubt his ability to sway others, the battle will be more difficult, but I believe that we will still be able to emerge victorious, even if the death toll will be quite a bit higher.::
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Wed May 03, 2017 6:18 am

<<Was Iron Hail's ability to sway others just as significant before his defeat as it is now? I would think his new body would embolden him. Did Nereus have any allies before he was taken over? A significant spike in his force abilities would certainly be enough to attract new, and old friends to him. If he is indeed in the deep core and reactivating one of his sites, would it be best just to scout instead of visiting? He could have an entire army there. I'd imagine that as powerful as he is, he would not be without some form of protection or escort within a few minutes distance.>> Tatiana mused.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Mon May 08, 2017 3:57 pm

::Depending on how you define 'sway,' yes. If you mean in terms of charisma, not so much. However he always utilized the promise of immortality and greater power to bring others to his cause. What he didn't include was the fact that if the person agreed they would be infected with a nanovirus. This would in time turn them into a droid for all intents and purposes, there may have been some organic material left, but the nanovirus would hijack all individuality and leave the being under Iron Hail's complete control. What set them apart though was the fact that their personality was left intact, allowing them to remain mostly undetected by family and friends until it was too late. Now to him these were naught but pawns, completely disposable as they came from the one thing he seeks to eradicate, organics.

Nereus did have a few allies yes, and as I said earlier I had worked with him in the past. There was also a young woman, not exactly a sane one, whom he had interests in. Romantic interests. She was a wanted criminal and so far as I know was eventually executed, or at least has been recorded as exxecuted by the Therian Empire. The spike in his Force potential is likely what brought many of the Sith out of the woodwork. They saw a possible path to reestablishing an Empire through Nereus.

If he is reactivating a site in the Deep Core, then I would suggest scouting, but not quite yet. There may be others there along with him and if so it could bring the attention of the Machines to the reactivated unit. I would advise waiting until he leaves to do any scouting as I am sure at least one fleet would have gone with him.::
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Mon May 08, 2017 7:40 pm

<<That is sincerely disturbing, I was not aware of the depth of the darkness of such a machine,>> Tatiana shook her head.

<<So we may eventually have an entire collective of sith infected with a nano virus, but other than turning them into a droid and virtually a thrall, what else does it do? Has anyone survived being infected with it? I can't imagine anyone could. More to the point though, if there is any bit of Nereus left, it would be worth trying to get him back. I hope we can rescue the man, but that is not our side of the plan from what I gather,>> She said.

<<So leave them alone for now? Seems reasonable, how will we know when he's on the offensive? What are the specs and capacities of his warships in terms of troops and vehicles?>> Tatiana asked.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Mon May 08, 2017 8:25 pm

::Indeed. Disturbing may in fact be a rather large understatement. I am unsure of where his hatred stems from or what led to his connection to the Darkness to grow so strong as it has. All I know is that he is a Celestial artifact.::

He nodded slowly as she asked her questions.

::It is possible that others will be infected in time, however it may be that he focused his effort on Nereus. It is also not easy to reproduce the virus from my understanding meaning that they tend to be rather choosy about who they would deign to infect. From what I know about the nanovirus it increases Force connection, allows for much faster rates of healing from injuries, and the ability to absorb technology and interface more easily with droids even to the point of controlling them. Yes, Nereus survived being infeected with the virus though he is certainly not the first. Miko Panaka also survived being infected. As for Nereus I see no reason to kill him if there is a good chance of destroying Iron Hail without killing him in the process.

Yes, leave them be for now, we need only to increse defenses around core targets during the time we have left. It will give them a much greater challenge than they would have if we were to spread defenses out to cover more planets. As much as I hate to admit it, we may have to allow their first few attacks to go without any sizable response. If we push back too hard at first then we will have no chance when it comes time for the counteroffensive.::
Tatiana

Post by Tatiana » Mon May 08, 2017 10:50 pm

<<So for now it's just business as usual, we'll keep an eye on things on our end and see what the senate can do to aid in efforts. They seem to be stuck on piracy lately. Perhaps there can be some motivation to spend resources in other areas of concern. We have a fleet of our own now, but a republic fleet would be essential for the upcoming battles that will ensue. Perhaps once the Refuge is rediscovered we can put some Jedi to task to figuring out what other sith are out there. We don't have that many registered Jedi at the moment,>> She answered thoughtfully.

Return to “Renewed Jedi Temple”