Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Raul Endymion

Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Post by Raul Endymion » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:18 pm

*This is the main square and dead center of the city. The Cathedral is the largest structure in this honeycomb. A mind blowing spectacle of architecture and art. Made out of stone, with high steeples and statues of power armored soldiers all over, some bearing the cross of anguish, most of them looked like Knights of Anguish. The most religious and fanatical members of the Tau Ceti. At the top of the cathedral was the legendary thorny and spiked cross of Anguish. Inside the catherdral were high ceilings with silver and gold statues also depicting famous Tau Ceti members spanning the one hundred and twenty years of the Protectorate. The inside of the cathedral was red marble, polished to perfection, the floors shined and the red marble pillars were inlaid with gold caps at the top and bottoms. The stained glass windows made the cathedral glimmer with many brilliant colors as the sun moved overhead and shone through the windows. This Cathedral was operated by only a handful of devout Knights of Anguish members, who still wore their armor, but have since put down their glaives for a life of peace and tranquility, sporting white robes over their bulky armor.

The Market place was pretty self explanatory. It was a place to buy odds and ends, fresh fish, vegetables, produce in general, as well as spices. However the market also served as a place to hold city wide meetings and events. People could come here and give speeches right out in front of the cathedral. The market place could hold about a million people easily for such events. There were many, many markets all throughout Uhl Turhaya, but this was by far the largest. The market place and cathedral were also home to many Pylat birds, however they were imported from Nemoidia to provide an even grander scale of awe for the city.
Raul Endymion: "In order to eriadicate the Sith, first you need to be one. Sith are the only effective weapon against other sith."

Tau Ceti Base of Operations: viewforum.php?f=371

Raul's theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDQ7hXMLxGc

Raul Endymion

Re: Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Post by Raul Endymion » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 pm

*Raul's grail tank finally stopped, the parade stretched throughout the entire city, he had been to all current districts, greeted by soldiers and civilians alike with applause and cries of fandom. Roses were tossed on the ground ahead of the troops and vehicles as they marched to the cathedral square. Raul's signature parade stance was always on the top of a Grail Tank Turret. With his Lightsaber out front, as if to direct his troops through the parade. The crowd loved it, and cheered all the more when the tank stopped in front of the podium, the holonet reporters were there, senate officials, all sorts of journalists. The Tau Ceti were finally going public, in an official manner, and were being publicly accepted by the highest authority in the Galaxy. Raul hopped off the tank with a force jump and onto the stage where the podium was with a flip, he turned around to face the crowd, he saw them, soldiers, civilians, normal every day people all cheering for him and his grand army. He raised his hands in the air which made them cheer louder. With a smile on his face he took the podium.*

"Thank you all..."

*There was another roar of cheering, and he chuckled.*

"No really thank you...where to begin?"

*He let the cheers settle down before he began.*

"Year Sixty-one After the Battle of Yavin. That's when I was born, born in the world of Bastion. Son of both a Sith Mother, and a Sith Father. Neither very skilled in the arts of the force...but brilliantly gifted minds, both of them. They taught me everything I know. However, we lived under the tyrannical rule of the CDDC Empire. I did not much think of this in my earlier days, I was too busy wearing my storm trooper costume while running around my house jumping over furniture, pretending I had a jump pack. Then I got to schooling, I excelled in all classes, and skipped many grades. I was able to use the force to bolster my intelligence, so much so I could remember entire text books."

*He chuckled.*

"Though in my teen years, that's when I went to the now leveled Sith Academy on Bastion. There I had my eyes opened, I saw the galaxy for what it was, a corrupt, dangerous, sinister and vile world, manipulated by the ruinous powers of the Dark Side from every corner of the Galaxy. I was in the middle of it, the Imperial Sector, controlled by the most incestuous, most self serving empire known in our history books. There were no jedi where I was, no one to stop the Empire from its iron tight grip. They did not care for their people as they lay starving, crying out for crusts of bread. Sure the Sith Citizens were well off like I was, but every day walking to the Academy, I bore witness to class mates torturing the homeless and malnourished people on the streets for sport, and I was going to an Academy that would make me another cog in the machine of the CDDC. No more I said to myself. I worked tirelessly to formulate the history of the Empire, so much so that the very images that I saw burned in my mind so bad I broke down. I took that time to recuperate and formulate a plan how to use this elaborate time line. I hatched a plan, for a number of years later I spoke in the streets, with the beggars, the sick, the starving, the persecuted, and told them to have no fear. My rallies got bigger and bigger, involving even the general public, my speeches went viral, all across the Imperial Sector, I was sure I would be heard, even in the senate on Coruscant! I could change the lives of trillions with my voice alone..."

*He paused with a sigh.*

"I then realized...I was but one man...and one man only...for at my last rally, A rally that was happening simultaneously all across the imperial sector...gun fire broke out. The Empire ordered all the rallies to be silenced. In an event known as the Imperial Sector Revolt, two hundred thousand civilians were killed by blasters and mortar fire, by the Empire as we were crying for help. No army came that day, no Jedi, nothing, we were on our own. I was arrested and sentenced to death by firing squad. My trial was in nine days from the point of my arrest. At that moment, I realized, the only way to help the world, was to do it yourself...two days before my trial, I had expected it was the end, I had been interrogated off and on for a number of days, but that day was special. I was rescued, by Space Pirates, who held sympathy for my cause. So I joined them without question, and the leader retired, wanting me to become the new head of the Space Pirate Guild. So once again I agreed. By this time I was in my late twenties. I will admit to pillaging, but I never took more than what was needed, and I made sure to enforce that rule. During that time I also applied for an internship to KDY, they were impressed with my intelligence and charisma. So I placed some one in charge of the Guild while I worked on my internship, I passed, and within five years I had risen to one of the highest paid jobs in the company, vice president, then when the Kuat Drive Yards CEO passed, there was a vote, and I was picked.

I became the CEO of a grand company which I still run today...and I realized I could use it to do what I couldn't do years prior, something that maybe could have prevented the Imperial Sector Revolt from turning out the way it did. I took ownership of the guild again, and renamed it, to the Tau Ceti. From there it would slowly but surely develop into what it is today. However...by the time the idea blossomed, my body couldn't keep up with me...and so at the age of seventy three, my old body passed from this world. I had secretly made clones of myself and an extensive network of memory data banks in an undisclosed location for a number of years for this particular occasion. So...this is not the same body that bred the idea of peace and freedom a century and a half ago. No my friends, my galaxy, no. However, my resolve grows stronger and more undaunted.

What you now see before you, these soldiers, these brothers and sisters of the cross, of Anguish, the holy god of cross bearing himself, are the culmination of my life's work over the century. They live to protect you, the civilian from the horrors of the Galaxy, and the deviants of the dark side, and all who seek to cause pain and suffering on others. We have no tolerance for those who cause misery, not even with our own soldiers. They bleed for you in place of yourselves and will gladly do so wherever the opportunity rises. This city...is a wonderful present, a magnificent and glorious place, and requires an equally beautiful name. This city hence forth shall be known to all as 'Uhl Turhaya' or 'The Bright Star' this will be a city for all those who have been displaced from their homes, who seek shelter and protection, or a new life for themselves. This is not just a Tau Ceti location, but open to all who wish to seek safety. May this city be a bright star in a galaxy full of dark terrors. May people flock here to seek the protection and guidance of the Holy Cross Bearer. He will accept you in his open arms and shield you from all troubles and all pain. Forge a new life for yourself here, forge a new destiny under our protective wing. For Anguish, for peace. Thank you, very much."

*He raised his hand and waved to the crowd before stepping down.*

Soldiers: "HAIL THE CROSS! HAIL THE IMMORTAL RAUL!"

*The civilians cheered, shouting 'happy birthday' or just flat out screaming in excitability. Journalists from the holonet and other news networks were all over the speech, praising it, hating it, or just analyzing it without swinging one way or the other. The message was clear though, The Tau Ceti are here to stay.*
Raul Endymion: "In order to eriadicate the Sith, first you need to be one. Sith are the only effective weapon against other sith."

Raul Endymion

Post by Raul Endymion » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:04 pm

*Raul was in the cathedral, it had been decorated for a grand occasion, KoA banners and tapestries were placed all over the inside of the cathedral, the power armored priests were in their golden threaded robes waiting for Rayce to make an appearance, for he did not know what the summons was for. It would be a momentous day for him. Raul was standing at the altar waiting for Rayce and his knights.*

Rayce Ledger

Post by Rayce Ledger » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:53 am

*At the front of the Cathedral is where the knights stopped in formation, went to the right and left sides and formed a line which Rayce had to walk through, crypt walkers and Knights alike saluted to Rayce as he walked through the aisle of Knights on his way inside, music was playing for Rayce as he walked through the lines of troops, the doors to the cathedral were already open for him. Priests of the Tau Ceti filled the cathedral, all in white robes over their power armor. They stood and saluted to him, as he continued to walk up to the altar where Raul was, and the grand priest was. He walked up the stairs and knelt before the altar and Raul, though Raul had a smirk on his face but was silent. At that moment the Grand Priest came forward.*

Grand Priest: "Rayce Ledger, Elder of the Knights of Anguish, Protector of the People of the Galaxy, the glaive and shield of Anguish, you have been summoned this day for your great commitment of the Tau Ceti. The Priests have spoken and we all agree, that it is time to give you a rank not seen in one hundred years. It is a rank only given to those knights that have truly met the standards of the vows, and Doctrine of Anguish. Not since the legendary Dante Bloodshield have we seen the dedication to the greater being that is Anguish."

Rayce: ~Dante Bloodshield...they can't possibly mean...~

Grand Priest: "Today you rise higher than your rank of Elder, and well above your fellow Knights. You are given the rank of Archangel. The highest, and grandest honor we have for your order. Rayce, rise and step forward."

*Rayce was speechless, he rose and stepped forward. At that moment the floor around him moved, revealing claws and machinery, that removed his armor completely, leaving him in only his loins. He stood there, stoic and expressionless as the arms took away his armor, then in front of him the floor opened up again, and a grand set of armor appeared, Polished white Quadranium Armor with angelic wings, everything looked streamlined and sleek, the armor looked about as holy as an Angel itself.*

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... n#/d20d2gv

Grand Priest: "Rayce Ledger, step into the armor."

*He nodded and took his first steps into the armor feet first, and the powered armor closed in around him, becoming one with him, he felt it instantly, he felt closer to the Holy One even more so than before, he was wearing the armor of a saint. The armor came online, the eye slits glowed an ethereal white, as did all the electronic systems. The priests stepped back and yet another section of the altar floor opened revealing a weapon stand, and on it was a hammer.*

Grand Elder: "Behold the Archangel's Power Hammer, an ornate weapon used by the legendary Dante himself. It is yours, pick it up."

*Rayce walked over and picked up the weapon, He could tell instantly that it was coated in phrik, the entire weapon was coated in it, with gold and electrum grafted into the head, grip, and end of the weapon. The Hammer head of the weapon had the Anguish Cross on either side of the hammer plated in gold.*

http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&secti ... r#/d413e98

Grand Elder: "I now pronounce you Archangel Rayce Ledger, Leader of the Knights of Anguish, and Champion of the Tau Ceti."

*He turned around to the other priests and raised the hammer above his head, they clapped with great praise.*

Grand Elder: "Now my son, go out into the Galaxy, and make it a testament to the will of Anguish!"

*He turned around and bowed to the Grand Priest, who nodded, back, then turned back around, and walked with triumph back outside to his applauding men who gathered around.*

Rayce: ::My warriors...::

*He looked to each one it seemed.*

Rayce: ::Let us strike from the skies, not as Knights, but as Angels all of us! For the good of the Galaxy and the will of Anguish!"

*He raised his hammer and they all cheered. With that Rayce led them all back to the Falling Star.*
True salvation is only achieved through Anguish.
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Professional demeanor re-established he arrived at the Cathedral with Rachel. Je was taken by the sight of the place, though he remained well tempered, but made a subtle mention to Rachel.

This place is impressive... Had I known it was such as this I'd have brought my nicer robes..

Ironic he mentioned his robes considering how elegant his robes already are.
I promise, it will only hurt for a moment.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:11 pm

*She smiles, but now she was more professional as she watched Rayce enter the Cathedral for the coronation.*

"Don't worry about it."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:14 pm

His hands cupped in at-ease posture behind his back, his hood still up, keeping his face in shadow, and he watched intently as the coronation was about to start.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 pm

*Rachel's expression grew more and more in awe until the rank was announced, 'Archangel' the highest of the highest ranks for a Knight. She gasped and couldn't keep herself contained, the tears flowed with joy for the man. She knew he was the most dedicated knight, fanatically loyal to Raul and the cause of the cross. To think it's been one hundred years since the last one was something else entirely, it was a momentous day.*
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm

He was not well versed in the culture, but judging by Rachel's expression it was something of very high importance. He watched in respect for the man as the ceremony proceeded.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:49 pm

*Rachel pulled out a handkerchief and wiped her eyes. She was completely over taken by emotions, especially when the angelic armor came up out of the floor and Rayce stepped into it.*
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:52 pm

He was rather impressed with the suit. It fit the description of arch angel for certain. He kept his comments to himself though, continuing to watch.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:57 pm

*At that moment he had taken the hammer from the pedestal. It was the most beautiful weapon Rachel had ever seen. Rachel sniffled with emotions, it was the grandest sight she had ever seen, and she may never see another like it again.*
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:58 pm

Thats a big hammer... it was the only significant thought in Mels mind, though it really did seem to impact Rachel in a way he couldn't fully understand.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:59 pm

"Take a few extra ganders Mel...you may never see this ever again."

*She wiped tears away.*
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:08 pm

He continued to watch

These events do not happen often I take it
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:16 pm

*She nodded.*

"No...I've never seen one."

*At that moment Rayce turned around and raised the hammer. Everyone stood up and applauded.*
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Mel joined in the applause respectively

I see...
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:25 pm

*Rayce left in his new armor and with his hammer, Rachel was able to get a better look at the hammer, it was a very intricate weapon, a phrik hammer with hammered in electrum and gold. It looked about as holy as anything she had ever seen, Rayce saluted to her and she saluted back as he headed out of the Cathedral. She wiped more tears away.*

"Oh wow...this is almost too much."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:33 pm

He watched Rayce as he walked passed, the exchange of salutes, and Rachels continued reaction of emotion.It didn't seem to impact him in the same way, though again this was not his culture or his people, though he remained in high respects to the newly commissioned Arch Angel.

It is quite an honor, and an impressive ceremony. I am glad I had the opportunity to watch history happen.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:12 am

*She finally regained her composure.*

"I know...this culture isn't what you're used to, and that's okay. It means a great deal that you came. We fight and sacrifice so much for the good of the Galaxy...it's good to know soldiers get their dues. Rayce has worked hard for decades to get to where he is. It's a wonderful thing, a beautiful thing. Now he can be the symbol of the Tau Ceti that he always wanted to be."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:16 am

He thought long about his own culture, the one torn from him before he even fully understood what it meant. The things Aria revealed to him... perhaps some day he might be able to restore that kind of culture to his own life, but for now, he watched in great amusement of the Ceti's way.

I am honored to have paid witness to it, regardless of whose culture it is.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:20 am

*Everyone began to file out of the cathedral, but Rachel stayed behind.*

"Let's explore this place a bit."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 am

He nodded, following but to her side, his hands again crossed behind his back again.

It certainly is an impressive sight
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:39 am

*She looked at all the paintings and statues of past heroes of the Protectorate.*

"Wow...Even I wasn't aware our history dated back a hundred years..."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:47 am

It appears to have been a closely guarded secret. Surprising that Raul has made such a movement to bring that history to light...
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:51 am

"He has no reason to hide it anymore, why would he? It's his legacy, and the galaxy deserves to know about all of it. I believe him to be a hero. He saved me from starvation all those years ago. If not for him, I would not be where I am now. He saves lives, he shouldn't hide in the dark anymore, especially not after the Iron Hail fight."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:55 am

He nodded

He is a good man, he has earned this city...
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:07 am

*Nods and then begins to yawn.*

"We should find a place to turn in for the night..."
Melchior

Post by Melchior » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:09 am

He nodded.

I don't know what the schedule of the fleet is, though we can return to the ship or find a place in the city.
Rachel Faleur

Post by Rachel Faleur » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:12 am

*Chuckles.*

"It doesn't go anywhere without my say so...let's get a room at the white pylat."

Return to “City of Uhl Turhaya”