Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Medrike

Re: Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Post by Medrike » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:14 pm

After four years apart, Medrike was shameless in her expressions as they entwined. There was a possibility it could be longer before they were together again. There were hardly breaks or pauses as four years apart were released. She took to his arms and touch like a wife, not a goddess. Worries and concerns disappeared, at least for a little while.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:50 pm

*It was strange seeing Medrike go from being a goddess to a wife who had missed her husband. In some ways switching between the man who was preparing for a war yet again, and the role of husband was one that was still jarring to him. It wasn't that Kurayami was unpracticed at the transition, however when one spent four years in one state, trying not only to predict the flow of a coming war, but also trying to find where Jedi had disappeared to while also preparing for the final strike that would cripple the machines...to say that making such a transition was difficult or jarring would not be uncalled for. The namana liquor certainly helped him in that regard, but it was still going to take a few moments.

As such it wasn't the smoothest of switches from one temperament to the other, but once the switch was made he simply let himself relax and enjoy what time they were granted together. Whatever worries or concerns he may have had or addressed before, they simply melted into the ether for the time being. A feeling that he feared was going to be all too rare in the coming times.*
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
As a demon it uses it's power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies
However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns...
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail its shadow beneath
Until men united wield a hallowed sabre
In final reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man
His own blood and madness soon cover the earth
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:38 pm

It was early the next morning, and Medrike lurched, and sat upright in bed, throwing the covers off of her. She felt cold and her heart heavy. She rubbed her chest with her palm, "Ruusan...the sith been hiding under the shroud of the Valley of the Jedi on Ruusan!"
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:39 pm

*In the early morning, after a long night of revelry with his wife, Kurayami was almost roused by her sudden jolt upright. Instead she got a mumbled, half asleep response from the man.*

No, please...no more moving ground. Its bad...ground shouldn't be spinny, or lurchy. Stop screaming so much, jusneed five more minutes, kthanks.

*With that enlightening speech out of the way, he managed to sleep a few more moments until she actually was screaming about Ruusan. Propping himself up on his elbow after stretching for a moment he looked over to her one eyebrow raised in an inquisitive fashion.*

Ruusan? I mean I know when Miko and I were drunk as hell one night we ended up channeling to where Iron Hail was, which is incidentally how we put two and two together to figure out he was using Nereus as a vessel. I know we were inside some creepy tech lab pyramid place, but I don't know if it was on Ruusan. Makes sense if it was though since I mean apparently the Sith were hiding there all along, but we only ran into Nereus the one time and given how drunk we were it wasn't a long...or very memorable meeting.

*His eyebrows furrowed in thought as he tried to remember more about that night, but only found himself turning up nothing but the few fuzzy details he had just given Medrike.*
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:08 pm

"I couldn't tell you about that...but they're all on Ruusan. I can feel it. Droids and Sith. That bastard knows the force better than most users. You can't hide a nexus manipulation like that. Anaxes must have mass teleported everyone there through the force," Medrike tried to settle down, as she leaned on Kurayami.

"They'll strike soon...they'll strike hard too..." she bit her lower lip, thinking of the carnage and loss of her children.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:17 am

I wouldn't think that you would be able to, love. I can't imagine that it is overly important in the overall scheme of things as of now. Likely a place to do research into Sith Alchemy and Sorcery. The fact that they are all on Ruusan as of now is definitely indicative of amassing their forces and readying to attack, I agree with you there. Especially if the droids are gathering there as well. The intent is not to hide at this point, no...this is a show of power. The intent is to demoralize those who would stand against him.

*Anaxes, now that was a name he had not heard in a long time. Many years ago he had heard it uttered a few times in passing, and then it seemed as though the name and the droid it belonged to had simply faded into the aether. And yet he was back and had likely gathered the entirety of Iron Hail's forces in one place to prepare for the opening strikes. This was going to be a long campaign with millions, if not billions, dead by the end. The visions that accompanied these thoughts were hard to view, and yet they served only to steel his resolve to win at all costs. He knew well that many he had fought to protect were going to die, inwardly he accepted that harsh reality. Such was the nature of war. Shifting his position to accommodate Medrike leaning on him as she tried to calm herself, he wrapped his arms around her in a gentle embrace.*

I know. And were I able to stop them now, without risking everything we have prepared for, everything we have fought for, I would. It haunts me to know the toll this war will bring. To have seen the hell of a years long conflict play out battle by battle in meditations, and not just once, but countless times. In the end we were victorious, but those who didn't make it varied greatly. I have found something that I believe will end up giving us a great advantage, but to get enough to make a difference is going to take time. Once done though we will have the upper hand, and hopefully we will be able to prevent at least a few of the more major losses that would otherwise become inevitable. Our children will morn their lost, but never will they forget that the sacrifices made were not in vain.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:56 pm

"They forget their place my love..." Medrike glared, "I used to be one of them...an instigator of pain. I was Iron Hail's window into the void. I gave him the keys to the abyss. Then I used the Tau Ceti to bring only the worthy into the abyss, my own warriors. But I grew to hate what I became. The light took over the abyss in my heart...and rejected the void. I am the light..."

She rose out of bed and walked over to the window, her body starting to become illuminated, "I am the hope of the universe. I became the embodiment of benevolent retribution against the darkness! I am a being of light, hope, and a Nexus for good. I will not be moved!"
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:41 pm

I would not disagree with you that they have forgotten their place, cyar'ika. I know what you once were, I knew upon first meeting you that you were of the Void, my own brother was the first Void Walker to reveal himself, utilizing the body of my cousin Alkor as a vessel for many years. You may have given him the keys to the Void, yet it is the antithesis of the Force itself. Let the Machines try to utilize both, they will not be able to. The same reason why we had to wait until you had purged the Void from yourself before I was able to fully heal you. It is one or the other, never both.

*He nodded to her when she mentioned that she hated what she had become over time upon using the Tau Ceti to bring people to the Void. The healing he had used was neither light nor dark in nature, it simply did the job it was meant to. As she approached the window after getting out of bed, the faint illumination around her was clear.*

Yes, you have become a nexus for good as time has gone on. We will not be moved, but we will be very bloodied by the end of all of this. There is no doubt.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:52 am

"They are but droids, using the living force to power themselves, and rip the souls from the heavens while doing it. And they have done it long enough. This war will kill many of my children, and many of those who will never know me. I am no sleeping giant wishing to stay out of the conflict. We prepared for this for fifty years. We aided in consolidating the factions to prepare for this moment. We married off Vanessa to seal an alliance with the Mandalorians for this moment. We've offered our support to the Jedi, the Greys, countless worlds and causes all for this. So the people out there in the market square, and beyond across the stars could not have to worry about anything but whatever daily living they go through. We became pirates, to mercenaries, to an army, to an empire, and now a solidified Dynasty that rivals even the senate and the mighty republic. One hundred and fifty years and now everyone is coming to us for their support. We survived even Sarian's wrath." She scoffed and pressed a hand to the glass as she looked out at the marketplace.

"I'll show them what a Nexus looks like...I'll show Iron Hail what a true force nexus looks like, then I'll wipe his armies from this galaxy," Her hair wisped as she pressed her hand harder against the glass, and the light around her grew brighter.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:21 pm

They are indeed, yet that is strangely what makes them so dangerous to the galaxy at large. You or I? Not quite as much and yet still, not enemies to be underestimated. I abhor them and all leadership will be utterly destroyed, whatever is left after the fact will never again be able to challenge any remaining faction. One need not know you to be a child of Anguish, and certainly need not have met you personally. Any who follow your tenets are considered your children. Much as any who follow the resol'nare are the children of Manda. I have been preparing for this conflict as long as you, and while I certainly will not be remaining anywhere near the sidelines, I have made great strides to keep the true strength of the Ascendancy in the shadows. Nothing enters or leaves the nerve center or Bloodborn Enterprises that I do not know about. An unfortunate but needed measure.

We did consolidate factions and aided in forming alliances during that time to solidify our chance of victory. It will pay off, though the exact cost is still unknowable. While Vanessa and Raith may have loathed their union at first, they seem to have grown to genuinely love and care for one another. Our support extends to all affected by these events, whether in a military capacity or in recovery efforts. Those who live by daily routines do not see us as forcing anything upon them, if anything the Dynasty operates more as a confederation, with each world ruling as they see fit unless major issues arise. Then we will intervene and provide needed aid. Those who seek us out for support do so either because they believe that we are the best option available.

*He simply watched as she placed her hand upon the glass as she looked out on the marketplace, there was still much preparation, but time was running short. He knew not all preparations would be finished before the war began, even if they were, it would still be hell with the number of enemies that would soon be at their doorstep.*
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:56 pm

Medrike listened and smiled, settling down from anger, and as she did her whole body became aglow with golden light. Her being opened up her access to her force nexus, and she gleamed like a prism. The light was pure and warm, and she continued to look out the window. She knew many would die, she knew many would cry out to her in honor, resolve, fear, and anger. She would hear them all, and embrace them all. Her form changed as the energy from the nexus sprouted from her back and gave her angelic wings. She was bare skinned, and it wrapped her in a golden cloak and armor. Medrike had opened the nexus and drew upon its peace. The whole cathedral was aglow in her light, and she channeled it across the galaxy, through time and space. She spread her comfort and resolve through the present and the future. The Machines responded by raping the force, and she responded with love and retributive kindness that was to come. It would be a storm, and Medrike would be at the helm of it.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:52 pm

*The transformation Kurayami noticed when Medrike calmed herself was something he couldn't place having heard of happening before. Thinking about it for a minute, Kurayami figured that maybe it was something akin to an unconscious use of Force Illusion. While thinking over the possibility of what was coming up in the battles and everything ahead, he could feel a righteous fury welling up within himself, something he attributed to Medrike's apparent transformation as she looked out of the window. In his own mind he could feel the right path showing itself more clearly. Following the trail of shatterpoints as they revealed themselves it eventually showed him stading in front of a Machine Empire general, his armor was completely decimated.

All he could tell was that this would take place before the battle on Raxus, meaning he would need new armor before then. Opening himself more fully to the Force he slipped into a deeper meditation while picturing something that would play on the duality that he as a person encompassed as well as the fact that he was the more likely to jump into a battle headlong if it was one that was needed to preserve the balance. As such he would need armor that was not too bright, nor could it be overly dark. First though he would need materials, apparently ones even more durable than what he already used. There were options, but those would be exceedingly hard to track down, in the end though he knew it was the best choice he had. Pulling his datapad over to himself he simply allowed the Force to guide the design process.*
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:57 pm

Medrike felt a peace as she looked out the window. She had determination to push forward. She saw the Machines as a great obstacle to overcome and a blatant instigator of pain. This would be the greatest conflict the galaxy had seen since the fall of Sarian. It made her smile to know that she was ridding the galaxy of a great evil.

Her attention turned to a commotion on the streets as people seemed to gather in the market square. She heard a chant of some sort. And as the civilians gathered in the square and knelt, she saw her soldiers file in among the civilians and also take a knee, the cathedral became packed in less than ten minutes, and the chant grew decipherable. "Anguish!"
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:41 pm

*The Machines were indeed a great obstacle, but it was one that they had been preparing for for many years. It would be a long fight, but it would also be worthwhile in the end that much was clear to him. Medrike's determination was clear as was her smile, even if he couldn't see her smiling at the moment he knew she would be. Once the design was completed he set the datapad down and let himself slip out of his meditation.

It was clear that he had taken his time while working on everything, but the hardest part was done, now it was simply sourcing the materials to be used once he had a completed list of them. That could come later though as he still had time before that particular set of armor would be needed. As he stood and finished getting ready for the day he heard a slowly growing chant from outside. Starting far in the distance it grew in fervor and volume as it became clear that those participating were drawing nearer to the cathedral proper. Soon enough, they were inside. The cathedral was full not long after that and it was finally clear what was being said. 'Anguish.' The people had felt the touch of their goddess. Now was not the time to reveal that she was actually a person however...no. If they knew she had a mortal form it could hurt morale before the Machines even attacked. Outside of a very few select beings, none knew that the Dynasty's goddess had a physical embodiment. It was best that it be kept that way as long as possible.*

So my love how do you plan to address this issue, hmm? The people are flocking here, to the great Cathedral, hoping to find their goddess. I worry that if they knew of you actually having a physical body that they may feel duped. Such a thing could lead to a great drop in morale.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:50 am

She turned away from the window, and shook her head at his question. She turned around and gazed into his eyes. Those precious eyes that held behind them the same fire and nexus that flowed through her. At that moment she did not look upon him as a lover, but as a mother about to chastise a child for forgetting to put his dishes away for the hundredth time. It was a look like the question she asked him was on purpose. Still she smiled at him, like she was about to pat him on the head. Her needs as a wife met, her children needed to be tended to next. She stepped down from the window and walked back over to him. She brushed gentle fingers over his cheek, "Darling...You're the archangel, you really think your job is just to swing a giant hammer and rail my hips? You and Vanessa both give my body voice. I sense she is already on her way. Your children need their father too..."
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:32 pm

*The fact that she shook her head confused him. What was wrong with his question, seemed like a normal question to ask given the current situation. The flame behind his golden eyes burned white hot as he returned his wife's gaze evenly. Kurayami knew the look that she gave, it was not one that regarded him as though he were her husband, rather it was as if she were looking at a subordinate. Clearly, he had forgotten something that was either super simple or important. Knowing him, that was not an unlikely scenario, the look and smile made him wonder what exactly was coming next. Once Medrike made her way over to him and brushed her fingers over his cheek, and asked the question it was clear that he had indeed forgotten something important, mostly due to him having not needed to do any PR in a long time.*

Yes, yes I am. Admittedly I haven't had to attend to any public relations duties since the city was attacked by Bloodwing, so I kinda forgot that was an actual thing I needed to do, given that Vanessa and her sisters have taken care of those things for the most part. If she is on the way then I suppose I should at least make an appearance.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 pm

A large royal barge descended into the cathedral square from the direction of White Gold Temple, when the crowd dispersed it landed and the ramp lowered. Vanessa appeared in a regal cortosis weave dress. It was white with gold embroiderment. It fluttered like silk as she walked in her golden high heels. Her hair done up in a bun with golden baubles holding it together. Raith was in his Mand'alore finest, and they were surrounded by golden temple guards. She seemed to glide across the cobblestone her steps were so filled with purpose. Vanessa walked up the cathedral steps and with a hand hushed the cheering crowd. It had been too long since she addressed the crowd. Her first words would be the most important. Truth be told she had no speech prepared, she was winging it.

"You are all here as I am, we are one and the same. We come from every background in the galaxy, every pain, every loss, every doubt, you came here, to bring it all to Her, The Great Bearer, and Mother of all Pains. We are the Children of Anguish," she smiled and spoke proudly. The crowd roared in adoration.

"You felt her benevolence today, that is why you are here, that is why your Queen is here. As many of you are aware, the threat of the Machines is rising. And over these many years the once small band of mercenaries, has evolved to a grand and elegant dynasty to combat this threat. It has not been easy, but with sacrifices made, The Dynasty has answered the call of Our Mother daily, and today is no different except that she embraces us all closer as we prepare to wage a great war. We have allied with the Mandalorians, Jedi, Grey Jedi, and the Bloodborne Ascendancy to combat this threat. We are many and mighty and with the grace and love of our Mother, she will see us all through this. Man or Machine, the Dynasty will not be threatened, or intimidated, or be subjected to unwarranted attacks. We will crush the Machines and bring the pain of the instigators back upon them! Praise be to the Mother!" She smiled and raised her hands in the air and looked up at the glowing citadel roof.

The crowds cheered and praised Anguish, chanting her name in a rhythm. Vanessa thought she did pretty well, having a confident smirk on her face, but truthfully she had no idea what Medrike was up to. She certainly felt her resolve, which only meant something happened in the force that provoked her. Now all her children in Bright Star were gathered here, civilians and soldiers alike, looking for an answer. She hoped she gave them one. She also wondered if the Archangel was around and would give a more detailed explanation of what was going on in the force, and why everyone had felt her presence. Medrike must have been a powerful being to even reach the most force blind kiosk keeper.
Vanessa Lux: "I want freedom, the freedom to take what I want, and give as much as I want. That's what true freedom is."

Samantha 'Harpy' Lux: "You'll love what I'll let you do to me, until it's my turn."

Jessica 'Jester' Lux: "Sally Wally likes to play, likes to chop things in messy ways, when Sally Wally's had her spree, she chops again out of glee!"
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:07 pm

*Kurayami gave Medrike a quick kiss on the forehead before locking the helmet of the Apollyon armor in place. He smiled at the familiarity of the suit coming online once again. As the systems finished their diagnostic checks he heard the sounds of Vanessa's arrival. He certainly didn't have much longer until he would be required to make his appearance, question was how he was going to manage that without revealing the existence of a lower level to the Cathedral itself. Thankfully the crowd was focused on Vanessa for the time being, but the only viable exit was in the Cathedral behind the altar. Or was it in the front, at the base of the altar? He really should have paid closer attention to these details. Oh well, it wasn't like he didn't know the city like the back of his hand, he had helped in the building and expansion of it. Hell, he was the one who gave it its name. He remembered a trick from long ago, one that had gotten him out of many situations before even if he didn't like having to use it.

It took a few moments to visualize the area of the Cathedral, but it wouldn't take much time to perform once the image was built up sufficiently. He would place himself behind the massive doors before revealing himself to the crowd, not to make a grand entrance or attempt to upstage Queen Vanessa, simply out of a need to keep the secrecy of Medrike's location. While it was true he hadn't utilized his skill in Fold Space in quite sometime, he was pretty close to the target area, materializing slightly behind Vanessa and Raith while she was speaking, fully doing so when her speech ended and the chanting resumed. As he did so he smiled beneath the helmet as he tried to figure out how to explain this whole mess. Stepping forward, and putting Vanessa on his left Kurayami raised his hand, motioning for the crowd to be silent. Once the chanting died down for the moment he began to speak, man he hated these things.*

::Citizens, soldiers, Children of Anguish. I know why you are here, and I assure you Anguish knows as well. Your suffering is not unheeded by the Great Mother. This was made clear today as you have each felt her embrace, I too have felt the warmth of her embrace. Even as Archangel and her sworn protector, I am no grater in her sight than any of you. I am no more important than a shopkeep to her, all are equal in her sight, no pain or suffering too small that it goes unnoticed by her. As Queen Vanessa has stated the threat of the Machines is indeed becoming far greater. Moreso than any could have foreseen. Some of you may have felt or heard a cry of great pain not long ago. That cry came not from any single entity, but from the Force itself. The Machines ripped a hole in the fabric of the Force itself to help with mustering their troops. When your Goddess felt this she responded in kind.

What you feel now is her response, the antithesis of what the Machines have done. I assure you that the Mother of All Pains knows what she must do, and what path she needs to follow. This is why the alliances mentioned have been formed. As powerful as we are, indeed as powerful as she is, the sheer number of the Machine forces is too great to repel on our own. Preparations are underway to reinforce key areas from attack, we do not know when the attacks will come. We do know though that they will, and as such we are not to be caught off guard. Remember the feeling of this day, your faith and wills shall be tested, remember then what you feel now and do not give the Machines the satisfaction of gaining ground. We will emerge victorious as Anguish herself has decreed.::
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:35 pm

"We will fight the machines wherever they are. We will aid those in need, and bring an end to a half century of terror from this monstrosity. The cost will be high, and the pains will be great, but we will see victory. We will put an end to Iron Hail. We will put an end to the Machines, and we will live in peace once more. This is the great war of our time, and we have prepared for many years for this moment. Do not fear, do not weep for those soldiers around you. They are doing their duty and will be sent forth on a great crusade. We will see the sunrise again when this is over, and the holy light of Anguish will burn brighter than it ever has, may the Mother bless you," She waved to the crowd, and as the applause gained momentum there was great cheering, all the way out into the marketplace.
Vanessa Lux: "I want freedom, the freedom to take what I want, and give as much as I want. That's what true freedom is."

Samantha 'Harpy' Lux: "You'll love what I'll let you do to me, until it's my turn."

Jessica 'Jester' Lux: "Sally Wally likes to play, likes to chop things in messy ways, when Sally Wally's had her spree, she chops again out of glee!"
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Vanessa smiled to the crowd, she did not see them as people being duped into thinking that the Mother was intangible, she did not see them as overzealous fanatics, she saw them as ordinary people that wanted answers and comfort. Here in Uhl Turhaya, and all other Dynasty supported systems, they were allowed to operate as they saw fit. There was freedom in the Dynasty, no homage to be paid, no draft for troops required, just pure faith that they were heard and they mattered. Anguish was the mother of all pains, their pains, their struggles, they came here for her. The Jedi had abandoned them all twenty years ago, and now the Dynasty was one of the most powerful entities in the entire galaxy. It had more pull and more clout than the republic, or even the galactic alliance, but it was also its weakness. All the hundreds of thousands in front of the Cathedral and the several hundred packed inside, were but an example of the numbers that truly leaned on the Dynasty. They effectively had been shouldering the galaxy since Metellos, but she knew that the galaxy was waking up, and would soon want to poke and prod the Mother's children, and these people would be hit the hardest by it, Anguish they chanted. Anguish, blessed be the mother, rang in her ears, blessed be the Queen. She merely hoped that through the coming torrent of indescribable loss, that they'd still be here praising her because they still believed. "The mother loves, and the mother protects, be at peace Uhl Turhaya, be at peace and rejoice in her abundant love and adoration for all of you."
The crowd finally dispersed, news crews stayed just a while longer to wrap up their holonet segments, but then they dispersed as well. Things went back to normal, except for the bright light coming from the cathedral windows. Vanessa nodded and turned to Kurayami with a respectful nod and spoke to him descreetly, "Two force nexuses in one place, is a blessing, but also a statement...I truly hope we can win this fight."

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:58 pm

*Kurayami silently entreated the Force that those whom it decided were destined to rejoin it during the coming conflict would die well, and know that their sacrifice was not in vain. He hoped only that those who were related to the ones destined to fall would also realize that the sacrifices made were for the good not only of the Dynasty, but were made for the galaxy as a whole. While it was true that not all would accept such explanation he had full confidence that those who were gathered here would accept that Anguish had called them to a peaceful rest for such great deeds. Kurayami had never been one who was well known for his public addresses, he was a man of action and saw gatherings such as this one as hampering the progress that could be made. The fact that holonet news networks were also here was something that irritated the man to no end. Vanessa seemed to embrace her public role and yet he hated the fact that he had to make appearance s like this. He felt the subtle shifts in the Force as the time for conflict drew ever nearer.

He had not been the only one preparing for such an occurrence, he had another under his wing, one who was extremely well versed in the art of forging weapons and armor. The designs produced by this person from a small forge well hidden in the Bloodborn Ascendancy headquarters on Corellia, utilizing the finest materials and the cutting edge technology of his company were truly astounding. Admittedly he had made a stop there and spent some time with the woman before retuning to Manaan, but that was neither truly here nor there, the impact it had on events was almost nil. She was happy in her forge, and had all her needs attended to allowing her to focus solely on her work, away from the concerns of the greater galaxy. The weapons and armor she produced were being stockpiled, some on Corellia itself, others sent to the Jedi to arm them. He was careful that the technology incorporated into the final designs was of the highest quality, but that he maintained an edge, what other use was the Black Ops division of his company if not to keep him a step ahead of his own technology.

Drawn from his thoughts about the woman who was a vital cog in his preparations, even if her involvement was unknown to others, Kurayami bowed his head as a sign of respect to Vanessa, though he did wish that perhaps the light emanating from the cathedral windows wasn't quite so visible. With the crowds and camera crews dispersed he responded to Vanessa, keeping his voice low as he did so.*

Yes, it is a blessing as well as a show of power. The Machines opened a rift through the Void to muster their forces as a warning. It is a powerful message indeed, and yet the two are polar opposites. The Force tries to keep the Void from entering its realm and the Void does all it can to warp the reality we know, but can only do so through the Void Walkers. We have an advantage here though, to channel the Void takes a great toll on the user, not only mentally, but also physically. The mind of a wielder is lost to insanity the more they utilize the Void, or even simply depending on the stregth with which they utilize it. In the end it is only the will of the Void to see the destruction of the Force itself that grants the wielders power, and they will do whatever they can to achieve that end. To a Machine powered by the Force the Void is a death sentence. Meaning that if we find the droid utilizing this power, or at least the being who has done this, then it gives us a possible advantage to use. The expulsion of the Void from Medrike long ago wrought massive damage here. If the destruction of the Walker who utilized the rift to teleport the Machines to Ruusan causes a similar effect, then it will looks to strip the Force from everything, living or dead that it can reach before it dissipates. Cause its death close to a Force containment unit and we may have a chance of crippling a large part of their forces before the final confrontation. It would not be a large advantage, but any advantage we can gain is worth it.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:07 pm

Vanessa tilted her head curiously, hanging on his words. She knew that the generals had to have been as powerful as Iron Hail, but what he mentioned did seem impossible. If there was such an unstable droid general it seemed hard to believe. There had to be a way for that droid to shut down the side of him that utilized the force, "but a droid brain is not like ours, I don't see how it could become insane like an actual void walker. Are you so sure the Machines have a droid in their midst with that kind of power? It could just fold space, or have some other teleporting ability in the force. I admit I am not familiar with the force as you are, but such a thing seems...like an impossibility. Or is Machine Empire tech just that more advanced than previously thought?"

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:25 pm

*Vanessa had a good point in that the droid brain was not the same of an organic one, which made him wonder in it was even possible for the Void to be harnessed by such a being. Unlikely in all honesty, if not outright impossible. Besides that fact Anaxes would have had to have been exposed to the Void by a Voidwalker, which while possible it was unlikely the Void would have any use for a machine. As well a machine powered by the Force would not have been tolerated by the Void, it would have been left dead by such an experience. He nodded as he thought over her words and the new facets brought to light by her questions.*

I must admit I had not considered the whole picture from all angles. What you say makes the use of the Void by one such as Anaxes all but impossible. And though a droid would not go insane, if the programming degraded enough it could exhibit similar symptoms. I am not sure that they do, but there were rumors, though never any hard evidence to back them up. Fold space is, from my understanding limited to a singular object or the user, though it may have been a use of Force travel. Not the most creative name, but it does involve creating a rift by tearing the Force itself asunder through the use of the dark side, unsurprising given that it violates the laws of the galaxy itself.

Nothing points to their technology alone being able to accomplish such feats, and were it done through the use of technological means, we would not have heard the Force cry out as it did. With the insight granted by your questions Force travel sounds like the most likely means to have been utilized.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:05 pm

"Whoever this Anaxes is to the Machines, he sounds like priority one, but there's no telling just how powerful he is," the more she thought on it the more it made her shudder, "we don't even know when they'll strike, or where, but to know that one of their awakened generals has the ability to mass transport entire fleets and armies. We'd never get our hands on any of their generals if he can just warp them away when there's trouble, or if they're overwhelmed. Iron Hail has shown little regard for his troops and ships. But I'd imagine he'd try to take care of the irreplaceable parts like his generals and sith. Do we know how many there are of these, droid generals? We're a bit blind here, and now that word is out on this general, it's clear Iron Hail is ready for war."

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:32 pm

Iron Hail is still more of a priority than Anaxes, however I would place him at a close second given his ability to bring units together with such ease. We may also be able to get him out of comission before the battle at Raxus Prime.

*Kurayami reached out and placed a hand on Vanessa's shoulder as an attempt to provide some reassurance. How much she was shuddering was hard to miss, but thankfully the square was mostly clear by now. any who asked would only receive an answer that the Queen was well, just a reaction to the events that had taken place.*

There are a few places that they may target first, likely more as a chance to test their strength rather than to make a point. It is also possible they will spread out their forces and hit multiple targets all at once. Such an ability wouuld be incredibly draining, so likely he will be taking time to regain his strength after such a large display. The Sith are more being utilized as a cover, the more powerful Sith would be hard to replace, but it is still possible if need be. The generals though they will need to be kept from making it to Raxus during the battle there.

*He knew that they did at one time have a list of known generals, but it was difficult to remember all of them.*

I am unsure if the list I recall is the full one, or if all of them are even still operational. From what I remember though, there was Anaxes, Nightmare, Phaeton, Bloodwing...I cant recall the other name or names as of right now, but I think there were five or six total under Iron Hail's direct command. All it takes is a single command and we can easily mobilize for war.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:20 pm

"No, we don't need to mobilize just yet, I don't want to appear reactionary. We're running a Dynasty, not a corporation. We have other people to think about other than ourselves. We'll see where and how they'll strike first, we'll see if their sith allies mean as much business as Iron Hail," she remarked with nod.

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:34 pm

*Kurayami nodded, understanding what she meant, chuckling a bit before he replied.*

My apologies for not being clear enough, Vanessa. I did not mean to imply that we should mobilize anytime soon, only that it will not take long to do so when the time comes. I was looking at the larger picture, though I admit that I did not make that clear. As I said I feel that they will follow a pattern similar to what the Mandalorians did during the start of their conflict with the Galactic Republic thousands of years ago. Smaller systems that we do not have much if any influence over, as for the Sith, I am sure they are quite dedicated to the cause as one of their own is the vessel for Iron Hail.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm

"One must wonder how well Iron Hail is able to keep his presence under wraps. Or do the Sith know and don't care?" Vanessa spoke thoughtfully.

"Most likely they will attack the less guarded systems, as you say. Which means we'd be better off shoring up the more defensible ones, namely Kuat, Nam Chorios, and of course, here. Belkadan is mostly needed as it is the closest system in our sphere to the unknown region. And we know that's where the Kothryn fled to. The vong are out that way...no telling who is winning that fight. But if we lose Belkadan it's only the loss of the Sisters traditional training grounds. Other regions to secure are those of our allies of course, like Ossus. War will come there too. As for our mining facilities and operations on mygeeto as well as bespin, we'll double time our nova gathering and abandon those facilities. Then again we don't want to be too concentrated either. I expect many battles and some of them losses," she pondered.

Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:18 pm

Likely that the Sith know, to a degree, what he hopes to accomplish. TO gain their allegiance he likely promised great power and the ability to rule over conquered worlds. I don't think that even the Sith would agree to wiping out all organic life. The Jedi, Mandos, Grey, and Dynasty? Sure, but not all life, the need to have power over another would keep them from taking a stance that extreme. Of course it is also possible that he simply presented this as a war against those who oppose them. A conflict similar to the Jedi Civil War.

*When she spoke about shoring up defenses on those planets that were easier to reinforce he nodded. He had spoken with Miko before about shoring up defenses at the temple on Ossus, there had been some discussion about reinforcing defenses around Bakura and Coruscant. Malachor V was seen as dead already, not to mention the gravity well on the planet made it difficult to navigate, Corellia was well defended and the BA headquarters were well prepared to repel any attempt. Mygeeto and Bespin would be good points to fall back to if need be.*

Very true, though perhaps have Mygeeto and Bespin as locations to fall back to should the need arise. Nam Chorios will definitely need reinforcing and I am unsure what Miko's plan for the temple on Ossus entails. It has been sometime since he and I discussed the defensive emplacements there. I am a bit more concerned though for the Mandalorian planets. They don't even have a fleet to deploy as of now, if Iron Hail is aware of this then he may strike at one of the planets they hold first. An easy victory and one that would serve to demoralize any survivors.
Vanessa Lux

Post by Vanessa Lux » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

"We should try to locate where the sith are and maybe shore up any of the Mandalorian worlds that reside within that sector. My guess is that they won't have a fleet ready in time for their first wave," Vanessa spoke with urgency in her voice.

"Though the idea that the Sith don't care what Nereus may or may not be to them, concerns me. They've been in the shadows far too long, they hunger for attention and power. They'll be desperate to break loose and unleash themselves on the galaxy as a whole," she thought.

Return to “City of Uhl Turhaya”