Contruum's Orbit

Lord Mortious

Contruum's Orbit

Post by Lord Mortious » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:17 pm

*The space above Contruum*
Lord Mortious

Re: Contruum's Orbit

Post by Lord Mortious » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:18 pm

*The Knight Stryker enter's the planet's orbit and makes it's decent to the temple*
Jedi, Sith, there is no difference, both are weak, both are blind. Only true power can be obtained through the mastery of both, all of their strengths and none of their weaknesses.
Regik Sarian Kofuri

Post by Regik Sarian Kofuri » Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:58 am

*A squadron of four red fighters drops from hyperspace and heads around the system and planet. The four Malachor Fighters bearing the markings of the Mandalorian Empire work on scanning the system, with strict emphasis on orbital defenses and defending ships. The scan is meant to be a check by the Mandalorians to investigate the state of the planet and the system around it. The four clone pilots in the ships are rather bored from the assignment, but know that it is a necessity of the job.

Once the four ships have completed their task of scanning the system they turn and engage their hyperdrives to exit the system.*
Fortune favors the bold.

Kill List
(1) Pala Tuhlute
(2) Halleth
(3) Valthonis
(4) Unknown Sith
(5) Unknown Grey Jedi
(6) Sarian Kofuri
Gaysa Kedara

Post by Gaysa Kedara » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:34 pm

A 3-Z freighter drops from hyperspace and docks with an orbiting fuel depot. It refuels and pulls away from the depot. Just before it is to make a jump to hyperspace, there is a catastrophic failure in the engines and the core overloads, destroying the ship.
Absence is to love as wind is to fire; it extinguishes the small and kindles the great.

Roger de Bussy-Rabutin
Kel Var-Maren
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kel Var-Maren » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:05 pm

A ship broke out of hyperspace. Maybe not a ship but rather the dying parts of what once had been a Mandalore Class Patrol Destroyer going by the name Tuur Tracyn. The wreckage had manged a last hyperspace jump but the sudden acceleration started to rip it apart. It hurled through the space towards Contruum's orbit unable to steer or navigate. Parts of the ship broke off, gravity failed and the lights died. The crew magnetized their boots unable to do more than await what was to come. Silence filled the bridge with the last 23 survivors on it. 23 and a single body floating in mid-air. A body which pulsed in the Force and once again a piece of skin fell off. This time around the left cheekbone and while the unconscious alor of clan Maren was unfazed those who looked at him could clearly see the blue hue where once skin had been.

Unseen by others there was Norrik standing next to him. Looking at the planet he placed an arm aound his brother's shoulders. "Someone is here. Someone to catch us from falling. We just have to keep this tomb together long enough to give them a chance to do so. I hope you have enough fight left in you, ner vod."
The mental image of Kel winked at Norrik and focused: "We can do that. We can hold her together long enough. I just have to keep the data safe until I can hand it over. Just... a little bit longer."

Unconscious or not but a hand raised pointing towards the probe that had been salvaged. The hull of the probe broke open and something floated into Kel's hands. For hours this had been the only motion anyone had been able to see and once the fist closed around the object he was back in his dormant state. The clan members looked at each another but still no one said a word. All they did was focusing their energies on their alor awaiting certain death or a miracle.
Rave Satsai

Post by Rave Satsai » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:33 pm

It would have been a miracle if anyone had happened to notice the ragged shell of a ship tumble out of hyperspace and sling half of its innards across the orbit over Contruum's solar plane. But they had been noticed. A mere half hour after the Tuur Tracyn crashed back into normal space, two medium freighters came sailing up from the northern continent of the planet's surface and moved at intercept speed toward it's battered hull. At the helm of the corellian freighter in the lead, a nautolan with blue skin and a determined scowl on his face as he leaned over the control yoke of his vessel. Reaching over, he tabbed the comm system on his console and hailed the broken destroyer.

::Unidentified Vessel, dis is da Skillet, on station and ready to assist, over... Unidentified Vessel, are you reading me? Over::

Rave reached out with his mind as he hailed the other vessel, trying to determine the location of the souls he'd sensed a moment ago.
When I get Older, I will be Stronger. They'll call me Freedom, just like a wavin' Flag
Kel Var-Maren
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kel Var-Maren » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:55 pm

The ship still drifting towards the planet, the comm-systems down and broken beyond repair the crew remained silent. Silent until one of them looked up. A woman in her late twenties looked at each of the other crew members and nodded towards them: "There is a planet nearby we should try to do something. Comm may be down but we still have the energy packs of our weapons and with the electronics we should be able to create a static pattern. With some luck someone knows dadita or is curious enough to figure out what's going on. Get to work! I want it up and running in the next five minutes."

The heavy steps of the magnetized boots was the only sound after her speech yet business filled the bridge as people jumped on the commands of ver'alor Lidaya Maren. Chances were quite slim that anyone would have known dadita as it was too low tech for the galaxy but the Mando'ade had kept it alive. Being able to communicate while jamming systems were in place was the difference between defeat and fooling the enemy. They repeated three words over and over and over again: Copaani gaan. Bridge. Short and simple but a repeating pattern.
Rave Satsai

Post by Rave Satsai » Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:26 pm

There was nothing on the radio but static and skittering echoes. Rave could sense the presence of life, but he couldn't be specific. For one thing, his senses weren't particularly honed for this sort of exercise, but it was more than that. Something was in his way, like a thick mire that was interfering with his attempts to gain further insight. Something powerful was manifesting on the ship - something potent enough that it was obscuring other aspects of the nature around it. Rave leaned over his controls and ignored the small warning that began to flag in the back of his mind. They could back away and let the ship dash itself against the atmosphere of Contruum like a wave on the shore if anything started to seem untoward, but until then he had his gut instinct, and the momentary vision of need he'd received from the force. It was enough to override a passing concern.

::Rave, get around to the bridge:: Maise' voice crackled in over the radio on a secondary channel.

::Come again brotha, you said da bridge? What you got?::

::I don't think you know what dadita is:: said the old bothan helming the other ship. ::Whoever is on that ship is trying to communicate with us though. They need a hand on the bridge. Get up there and dock as close as you can. I think this is a Mandalorian vessel::

::Oh ya don' say!:: Rave gunned the throttle of his freighter and surged ahead, angling to dock with the vessel's auxiliary evacuation port. "Where's Rav when you need him?"

Both the corellian and nubian vessels adjusted their angles and speed to match the Tuur Tracyn and latched on at the airlocks nearest the bridge. As soon as they were airtight, Rave barreled to the back of his ship and slammed the airlock open. HIs voice echoed through the air and the force with the strength of powerful lungs and a determiend mind. "Hey le's go!! Dere's only one way off dis ship today!"
When I get Older, I will be Stronger. They'll call me Freedom, just like a wavin' Flag
Kel Var-Maren
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kel Var-Maren » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:59 pm

As the artificial gravity had failed and the Mando'ade were using their magnetized boots to stick to the ground it was easy to sense when two vessels docked onto the airlocks. As the voice echoed through the ship they were sure that at least one of the people rescuing them was Force sensitive and the dialect was obviously a Mon Calamari one. Lidaya nodded towards the others and they checked their weapons just in case before starting to move in an orderly manner. Even on retreat they secured their way to the nearest airlocks. Lidaya herself approached the floating body of her alor but again the closer she got the harder it was to move forward.

"Oh come on. We gotta get moving or else we crush. I'm not gonna leave you behind you hear that? So let me at least pull you out of here!"

Norrik stood next to his brother on the bridge while people from his past or maybe his present or future were working all around him. He tapped him on the shoulder and then pointed at the door: "Time to head out and better make it quick. The moment we give up control we're dooming this vessel to come apart. Whenever you're ready..."

Lidaya tried her best to get closer or at least move Kel's body. She even went so far too try using the grappling hook but it didn't attach just stopped in mid-air. She looked at the other two Marens at her side and shook her head. She knew that ordering them to boogey was a futile undertaking even though the two teams called back via the integrated comms in their beskar'gam that the paths had been cleared and they were facing friendlies. She knew they'd wait to hear back from the remaining 4 members and would wait as long as they could for the clan never left a member behind but how would this pan out? She couldn't move Kel and he was still unconscious. She sighed and turned around for another attempt when she looked directly into the face of her alor.

"Get moving. We don't have any time to waste." He started moving towards the exit of the bridge and didn't even bother to activate the magnetic field of his boots. It seemed like he stepped through air and moved so naturally and quickly that she felt humbled in comparison to him. How was it possible that this old man moved with such grace and speed in zero gravity?

::Get off this ship. It won't stay in one piece for too long. The team of airlock three is to disembark immediately, we will get to the craft docked at airlock one.::

Kel turned around and helped his little honour guard moving quickly towards the named airlock while he put his own helmet on. The cracking sound of part breaking off was quite the incentive to hurry up. With some bad luck the race towards airlock one was a race against time before hull integrity was lost and the ship started to lose pressure.
Rave Satsai

Post by Rave Satsai » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:13 pm

A colossal rumble shook the ship under Rave's feet, and the difference between how his foot in the gravity of his own ship experienced the vibration and the way his foot in the anti-gravity of the crumbling vessel experienced it almost made him laugh, but he knew the situation was urgent, so he only smiled - hugely. The mandalorians hoofing it down the hall received frantic waves from he and Maise once it had been visually established that they were friendlies. One by one, the troops began to file into Maise's craft since they were on his side of the hall. On the other side of the large corridor, Rave stood waiting for the rest of those he could feel in the distance - and he could feel them now. Whatever had been interfering with his senses a moment ago was diminished.

"Yeah yeah yeah, le's go!" Rave shouted, waving to the second group as they approached. Across the hall, Maise was just about to shut the airlock leading to his ship when he happened to glance at the group and paused with an expression of sudden shock.

"Kel...?" The bothan eyed the Jedi in the midst of the mandalorians for a moment, and then shook his head and turned across to Rave. "Go! We'll meet you on the surface." His furry hand slammed down on the door control and he was gone before it shut, but Rave heard the ship unlatch from the airlock a scant second later.

Rave, for his part, picked the Jedi out of the group almost instantly bythe way he moved, and the way he felt in the force. He was ancient, whoever he was, but he still moved like a young man. Another rumble shook the ship just as they were crossing the hall to his airlock, and this time Rave felt the air in the corridor begin to move - somewhere the hull had breeched, and they were now indirectly exposed to the vacuum of space. Rave howled with excitement and motioned them forward enthusiastically. Das our cue to go! Last one in shut de door and hold on tight!"

Rushing into his ship, Rave slapped a control as he passed through the doorway and activated a ray shield separating the cargo bay from the rest of the ship. He suspected these individuals were as advertised, but that didn't mean a little caution was unwarranted. He settled into the pilot seat of the freighter and glanced at the console. As soon as the ship read airtight again he roared some enthusiastic verbiage in the spacers' language and de-coupled from the airlock, slamming his controls immediately up and away from the crumbling vessel - and it was crumbling. Rave laughed as he watched the dorsal structure of the destroyer break away from the armored belly just as they came into contact with the upper atmosphere. He almost wanted to stay and watch the light show, but he had bigger priorities. Setting the ship to autopilot, he pinged the Raiders' Hideaway with a quick mission update and then made his way back into the ship to see if his guests had found their way past the ray shield yet.
Kel Var-Maren
Jedi
Jedi

Post by Kel Var-Maren » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:42 pm

Kel heard his name. There was disbelief in the voice like he had been the last person the owner of this voice ever had thought to see again. Then again, someone knowing his name was quite rare. He looked up and saw a bothan. He knew that man but where from? Was it the great war? Was it from the time of the Vong invasions? A name was dwelling up. Something with a M to start with. He stood there and watched the hatch close as Lidaya shoved him towards the other airlock. Another cracking sound, his face still towards the airlock with ten of his men behind while he and the other thirteen Mando'ade were on a ship with a Nautolan. A Force user. Nereus! No, different Nautolan. Speech pattern differed. He turned around and... there was a Force field.

The other Mandalorians had their helmets on the magboots still activated. Protocol in case their rescuer decided to flush them out. Under the robe of a Jedi Kel had his own beskar'gam, the helmet at his side. For a moment he pondered if he should put it on but then again... Force user, maybe rogue, maybe he could be convinced. The Jedi shadow looked around and finally got to the conclusion that the bionic eye Kaytren implanted so long ago would come in handy. He looked around until he found the node and focused. Ordering his crew to remain silent he started to synch the wavelength and got a look at the system. Someone had tinkered heavily with the security of this ship. Not typical for a ship of this class and the code... a mixture of bothan intelligence and something that Triss tended to teach people. That would take time and... he shivered. The eye was great but it at times strained the brain. Kel tried to regain focus...

The young bothan looked stressed. He had what he had come for but the situation had seemingly turned ugly. Kel knew why, there had been a trap prepared to take down him but they caught the bothan instead. Two different objectives, two different types of enemies. He could simply leave and have his mission completed... He decided otherwise. He got around and started to take out the obstacles in front of the bothan. One member of the Imperial Inquisition after the other. Foolish but he couldn't leave an innocent being behind just because life had gotten so much harder for Jedi.

He was still standing but Lidaya stood shoulder to shoulder to him keeping him upright. She looked like she was covering him but he was sure that she was rather worried and tried to keep the morale up by making it look like she was watching his six. He was no empath, had no abilities in this area but he could read body language even through a full set of armour.
Rave Satsai

Post by Rave Satsai » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Rave strode as casually as a clerk to the back of his ship, absently bouncing his shoulder off a bulkhead to remain upright as the autopilot negotiated the re-entry angle and descended into the lower atmosphere. To say that he had good space legs was an understatement. When he arrived at the rear of the freighter, he found the ray shield still active and holding back the tide of mando, and he felt a strange pang of disappointment - he'd almost hoped to find them pouring out of the cargo bay into his ship to regain control of the situation. At least they were polite guests.

"You guys are still in one piece huh? Das good. I'm Rave Satsai, freedom fighta, smuggla, Jedi Knight... sorta. Welcome to my ship!" With that he clapped his palm over the ray shield control and deactivated it. "Now, de other part of ya group is in da ship wit' my main man Maise, so if you had any inclination to be uncivilized, I'd suggest you wait until you at least got dem wit' ya again. In da meantime, make ya'selves comf..."

The nautolan's eyes were like smooth spheres of obsidian set in the visage of his face, but in that moment it might have been fairly clear to the interested observer where they were pointing. H'ed just then noticed the peeling on the older Jedi's hand and face. And it wasn't the sort of peeling that resulted from a burn or some other injury, it was much more significant than that. As fate would have it, Rave might have been one of the only people in the galaxy who remembered exactly what that was. He'd witnessed another Jedi - one Master Sirra Blake - disappear into the winds of the Force roughly 20 years ago. As those same big obsidian eyes had watched, her entire corporeal form had sundered away from his view much the same way Kel's hand and cheek were starting to, until there had been nothing left of her at all. Nothing left of any of them.

"Old fella," said Rave, reaching forward uncertainly to pick up Kel's hand, "You're not fixin' to be goin' somewhere else are ya? Seems you just put a lot of work into stayin' here to be leavin' all da sudden."

Return to “Contruum”