The Plains

Samantha Lux

Re: The Plains

Post by Samantha Lux » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:22 pm

"Get what, out of the way?" She asked as she sat down at the spot he specified. Her expression was furrowed and scrutinizing. His words were odd. What conversation was he trying to start with or save? Was he talking about the swords first? Or their friendship? Still, there was the matter of him openly kidnapping Medrike, that was sure to put strain on the friendship as it sat. Templars were after him, but Medrike did not send out an order for his arrest. It was a strange situation for sure. But why was she actually summoned here?

"I have questions Gavin..." She sighed with a shake of her head.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:01 pm

Gavin looked down to her as she asked her questions. He couldn't blame her in her feelings, and would be sure to help her understand so as to not leave her in the dark. "I want to get tuning your swords out of the way first. Like I said, with them being made of crystal, they are fragile. But we plan to bind them and tune them to your spirit so they are capable weapons in battle. Force-sensitives do this when preparing crystals for a lightsaber, but many things can be tuned with some work. While you may not be Force-sensitive, here you can touch and feel it. With Zaul and myself working as the conduit, we are going to help you tune them to yourself so that they yours and yours alone."

He then looked up for a moment and sighed. "I know there are many questions, especially in regards to the events as of late. When we are done, ask me what you wish and I will answer in full truth. But what I wish to wait for, the conversation we need to have, the reason I wanted to talk to you is only about us. I want it last because I need to gather myself again, reconfigure my thoughts. Also, I want it last because I don't want it to be finished simply to the need of finishing something else. It is a discussion, to me, that is too important for it to be simple discussed like the others would be."
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:16 am

"So we'll take care of my swords now, then talk later? In that case, what do I need to do to properly attune my swords?" She asked, but she did not really care about the swords now. She loved the swords, and was impressed with the craftsmanship. Samantha however, wanted more. Her eyes fixated on Gavin longingly. She did not want him to utter any sort of collaboration of words that would leave them saying goodbye. She would kill the templars if that's what it took to remain by his side. He was right though, their relationship talk would take time. At the thought though, all she wanted to do was rest her head on his shoulder.

She found herself nodding anyway,
"I understand, we'll talk later I guess."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:21 pm

"For you, you must first connect with the Force again. You remember what I told you back at the Isle of Light? Let go of your thoughts, the questions. Release your hold on worry or doubt. Relax and let the rhythm of the world find you. Once you feel the Force, pour yourself into it. Let your spirit combine with it. A visual to help: see the Force as a lover, someone you desire to be held by in a warm embrace. As you would in that embrace, pour all that you are, everything that makes up your spirit so that it can feel it by only your presence. From there, Zaul and I will work as a conduit to connect you to the swords and use your spirit to tune them."

Gavin let go of the swords and they began to float above Samantha as he walked a couple feet away and took a seat on another pad. "I cannot say how long it will take. Some times it may be thirty minutes or so, some times hours. It'll depend on how long it takes to feel the Force and how well you connect. What will become of them is unknown, however. Perhaps they will glow in one or many colors, maybe they'll have a power about them that gives you an extra edge. Maybe they'll even differ in what they can do based upon your emotions. What I do know is that they will be capable of battle even against lightsabers and will only have this strength while in your hands." Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath before looking at her again. "When you are ready."

He hoped the visual he gave her helped. It was the closest thing he could think of that made sense. It was one thing to train someone to wield and use the Force, another just for a simple tuning of a blade. But the visual wasn't just something that he felt could easily translate, but a thought that resided in his mind about her. If what he felt of her to be true, she might focus upon the Force as if it was him. If that was the case, connecting should be easy for her.
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:41 am

Samantha sat as best she could. Her tabard attire was not exactly the best or most modest outfit for such a thing. It was like wearing jedi robes without the tunic. It was silk fabric held together by brooch clasps up top and strings along her hips to keep it from revealing all. It may have been practical as formal attire, but impractical when it came to wearing it anywhere outside the embassy. Still she managed to kneel and straighten out the waist and back flap so her string undergarments did not show. She paid it no mind once she sat down, as Gavin's eyes did not seem to linger.

She understood him, she closed her eyes and tried her best to open her senses. She thought of normal non force sensitive monks, or people of power in that realm. Able to tap into the force, but not utilize it beyond maybe a glimpse or two into a future. She thought of how Gavin told her to focus. His description was beyond unfair, either he was playing with her, or he was serious about picturing the force like a lover. Either him or someone else. That was easy, she could easily picture him or Vanessa wrapping their arms around her as Gavin described. It brought a smile to her face though when she playfully decided to bring up Vanessa instead, just to spite him, but she slowly faded out of touch, and the image of Gavin replaced her with a ripple. The image was even clearer than when she pictured Vanessa.

She could almost feel him around her, making her feel safe and loved. Samantha's breathing slowed as she became relaxed and let the feeling envelop her like a blanket made out of finer silks than her tabard. Time was irrelevant as she felt warm and calm. She pressed into the feeling of peace and warmth she felt. Still, there was that lingering doubt, and reality that bit back, that she would never be good enough for him. For a long moment it distracted her, but she pushed against it and embraced the peace again, silencing the voices that told her that it would never work.

Her mind became silent and instead filled with thrumming heartbeat of the force, she could feel it matching her own, and she sunk into the bliss and peace. It was like she had been submerged in an ocean of life, where the sound of the world around her was muddled, but the spirit of the waters was as clear to her ears as any physical sound. She nodded and said,
"I am ready..." It seemed to echo everywhere, and give affirmation to the energies around her. She wondered if she could return here later, she could sense there was much more in this state of being for her.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:26 am

Gavin only nodded as he closed his eyes. Zaul followed suit as the two began to wrap their own power around Samantha and the Force that was connected to her. The formed the bridge that spanned between Samantha and her blades, creating the tunnel in which her spirit would be carried. As she would pour her spirit into the Force as Gavin instructed, they would take hold of it and pull it along, helping it wrap around the swords. The compressed and twisted the Force around the hilt and the crystal, letting it seep into the atoms that formed it. Here the blade would gain life and recognize only the touch and presence of Samantha, the only person that could be its master. They would be bound together by the Force and by the spirit.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:20 pm

"It's a boy-it's a boy..." A faint whisper in the force called out, followed by the cries of a child, "It's a boy Samantha..." the whispers grew louder, as the sounds of the hospital equipment beeped and whirred. "I'm an aunt? Jasen I'm an aunt!" familiar voices rang out, but there were no faces. "A momentous day, congratulations you two," whispers and echoes within the force weaved themselves into the sword at the atomic level giving them a patterned color. Samantha had no idea what was going on, but she was hearing and seeing shadows within her mind. The tone started to shift from happiness to other emotions.

"Now that we have our sith, where will we strike?" a mechanical voice reverberated with distortion.

A figure masked in shadow with a tendriled head and mechanical arms that looked like three fingered vice grips laughed. "Yavin will be the first of many Phaeton. They will all feel their turn."

"It's the only way Kurayami, the isle is the only way to completely kill him. Iris will understand in time," desperation, but determination was in this youthful but spirited voice.

"All fleets, move in, surround Raxus, deploy fighters and provide cover! No ship escapes. We have come to far, all or nothing, may the force be with us!" A female's voice rang out over everything.

"Oh gods! Oh gods!" Panting, desperation, mountains of bodies, the blonde haired soldier in lacquered corset armor climbed up the mound of corpses and screaming souls in the midst of chaos. Samantha did not know what to make of this as she continued to draw upon the force. She looked over and saw death, people battling and dying in droves beyond count. Jedi, Mandalorians, Dynasty, Greys, BA, all fighting the machines and sith, and all dying in catastrophic numbers.

"Hey let's go!" A red headed sister called out and pointed to the kill zone below before an energy blast sliced her head clean open. Before she had a chance to respond, an energy blast unforgivingly ripped through the blonde woman's throat.

The picture faded one last time, and on a beach of white sands and graceful palm trees, a man roared at the top of his lungs brimming with blue energy and silver particles as he clashed with a being of immense red energy and the same silver particles. There was a great explosion of energy and then the vision ended.

Samantha was still not broken out of the trance, but she was enveloped by the force until the ritual ended. Everything she witnessed was melded into the blades. Force affinity would be only given to her through the power of the blades. Without them, she was but as she was. Patterns from emotions and powers the shatterpoints the visions drew on interweaved into the very atoms of the blade. It would be imbued and imprinted on Samantha.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:39 pm

As the minutes passed on, Gavin felt the flow of emotions coming from Samantha. At no point did he see what she did, nor hear the echoes that came to her mind. If he had desired to peer into her mind, it might have set off many flags for him of the events to come, but even now, he knew only what he sought himself. A thought passed through his mind, wondering what was happening. Inside, he admitted that things were developing differently than he expected. At most, he figured her spirit would be tied to it, gaining strength and power depending on her emotions, even changing colors to reflect such. But the Force was strange and never carried on the way one would always expect.

He didn't let the curiosity distract him though. They were nearing the end of the process. It had already been an hour and the tuning of the blades had gone quite smoothly. It went as it did mostly because of Samantha and the focus she held. For never feeling the Force until he helped her at the Ilse of Light, she grasped the concept of connecting with it and feeling it rather well. If Jester showed this level of skill when she started to learn, there might not be any stopping Jester. Still, he focused stayed with Samantha and the work they were doing now.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:05 pm

"You just have to visualize where you want to go, and create a bubble of energy between where you are now, and where you're thinking of going," another whisper spoke out.

"Is that what channeling is?" Jester's voice echoed in the murkiness of the transformation.

"More or less," the voice answered, "A weave of your inner emotions and the power you can draw on from the world around you. All right Iris, your turn..."

Samantha wondered what all these dreams were, but their power was being etched and forged into the metal of the swords themselves. Were these just dreams? Or were they real? She did not know, still, she felt like they were powerful, and shaping the make of the blades. The force was a powerful thing, she was jealous she would not be able to use it. Still, Jester would be able to, and again, this Miko character showed up. Was he training Jester? Who was Iris? Was this even real? The patterns being weaved made the swords appear illuminated to her. She could tell they were almost done, but still the visions kept coming after she thought they stopped.

There was a man in red armor, standing by a freshly dug grave, he had his helmet in his hand, and a large feline nuzzling his left shoulder. He looked down on the grave with a scowling glare.
"I will kill that warrior, and his women..."

The scene shifted again, to a farmstead, surrounded by grasses as tall and yellow as wheat, but only cries and sorrow could be heard.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:55 pm

The minutes continued on as the men continued on in tuning Samantha's swords. Some would wonder at what point were the blades tuned to her. Was it just known, was there a time limit? However, here the answer came to light as the blades began to glow in a light before flashing suddenly. Gavin blinked under the flash. Normally this wasn't the ending he received. However, everything was different here so a different sign to the job being finished was to be expected.

Gavin lowered his hands and took a deep breath. "It is done. The blades have become tied to your spirit. Take them and feel the power in your hands. "When Samantha would look up to them, the blades would descend into her hands. On the outside, with the swords still in their sheathes, they appeared just as they had, the light that came from them gone. What would be seen when they were removed would be a reveal to all of them.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:07 pm

She wondered what exactly she saw, and why it was weaved into the swords. What would be revealed when she grasped them? Were they force imbued? Were they just imprinted with her personality? Shadow Power? What was she going to experience when she finally held these swords? Samantha reached out and closed her hands around the grips of the blades, and pulled them out in one fluid motion. They gleamed to her, a rippling irredecent pattern of teal and blue. They almost looked like lightsabers to her, and she felt their power. They were not only powerful, but an extension of herself. She gave them a few twirls, and swung them effortlessly. They hummed to her ears, and vibrated with power. Yet they weren't sabers, what did she and Gavin make? What was the point of the visions? The battles, the loss, the visions of training, the cry of life from her son. What was the significance of all of these visions? What power did they represent, and what exactly did she fold into the metals that made them resonate and shimmer. Could Gavin see the shimmer? They appeared bright to her, but who knows what Gavin saw when he looked at them.

She smiled though, as she twirled and spun them. They were balanced for her two handed fighting style of two swords. it was a shame she was not attuned to the force, but it was clear, the powers on this planet wanted her to have these blades. What could they do? If anything? She gave them another flurry of swings, similar to a Jar'kai stance, and looked down the length of the swords, and felt the balance and weight of each.

"They're perfect," She finally answered.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Gavin stood his feet, crossing his arms as the blades were removed from their sheathes. He saw the glow of them and indeed he saw the shimmer. It was quite the curious affect that came about, one that he never had. Perhaps it was from the blades being crystal and not metal as his always been. Maybe it was simply her. There would always be questions that would never have answers. In the end, it didn't matter how or why. They had been tuned. He wanted to test them a bit, see what they could do but knew it wasn't a wise choice to do here.

When she finally stopped and replied, turning back towards the table and moving towards it. He began shifting a some things around as he spoke.
"I'm glad to hear it. They will need a good testing to see just what they can do, but that will have to be later. It's dangerous to do so here, and even if it wasn't, my lightsaber won't work. But no matter. I had hoped Jester would have been here too so she could do the same for what I had made for her since she doesn't have the skill for it yet, but another time." He turned around, holding an ax with a crystal edge as well. He walked up to her, moving it around in his hands a bit. "Rather simple in its design. Actual wood was used to make the handle, then was covered in a layer of song steel to make it light weight and lightsaber resistant. The edge was made from crystals as well. Seeing how she had a hatchet before, figured it was a good option to make."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:52 pm

Samantha followed him over and looked down at the axe, she smiled and started to break out into giggles. With a nod she looked over the axe, "Oh she'd go absolutely nuts, you know 'Sally' is on a display rack right above her headboard of her bed? She still has the little ewok keychain on it and everything. She used it to smash that Kothryn that had been living under her bed without her knowing. She'll love the gift, and I'm sure she'll use it for awhile, until she's trained with a saber, maybe she'll use both."

Her demenor changed however, when she got flashes of the dreams from her own swords. She put them back in the sheathes and tied the belts around her waist. She figured swordplay would come later, and she did not want to cut herself on her new weapons, "Is it normal to have...dreams while making swords like this?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Gavin chuckled slightly. "While it will be good to have and learn to use a lightsaber, by no means is she required to. The point is finding something that fits with you. If she was to train under me, I'd train her to use nearly every weapon imaginable. That way she is always ready."

When Samantha spoke of the dreams, he gave a slight tilt of his head, as if nodding from the side. Setting the axe down, he leaned against the table and looked at her. "It is possible. When one goes through the tuning process, the connection to the Force could allow for anything. It could be as simply as pouring yourself into a weapon or crystal. When I tuned one of my swords, I relived many moments of my life again through the whole time I was forging it. So it could be possible. I take it you saw something?"

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:36 pm

'I saw...how to explain..." She mulled over the visions, that were still burned in her mind. Miko was in many of them, but why? She thought maybe it would be best to start there. "I saw...Miko arguing with Kurayami, or at least, they had just finished a rather heavy talk. Miko plans on taking Iron Hail to the isle of light, to destroy him. Then I saw mixed images of him training both Iris and Jester in use of weaving energies to make gateways. Then the dreams turned more violent, a battle of some sort, Yavin was mentioned by a shadow with metal arms and tendrils coming out of his head. He talked to someone called phaeton. Then it shifted again, sisters, jedi, mandalorians, greys, dynasty soldiers, all dying in droves. Bodies piled on bodies in a massacre of war I have never seen before. Then there was mourning and greving on a farmstead, and it ended with a vengeful sith and his large feline pet. Somehow, the emotions and aspects of the significance of these events weaved themselves into the blade as I was helping you tune them. I can't explain it...but oh...there was one other, another dream, but that one..."

She smiled and looked away slightly, "I'm saving that one for me, for a little while at least."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:58 pm

Gavin listened to her words. His gaze diverted to the floor as they widened very slightly as he took in what she saw. Only two things were given to her clearly, but Gavin knew enough to guess the death in such a large fashion would be the coming battle with the Machines on Raxus. All who had any involvement in this knew the battle was coming, even if they would never admit it. He certainly knew it, which was one of the reasons who had taken Medrike. He wanted to prepare her for her power would be needed, the very sight of her would be needed to keep her soldiers going. Sometimes, symbols were most effective when seen. And the final bit, while all she said was a farmstead, the first thought was Dantooine. It could have easily been anywhere, but something told him otherwise. It seemed he needed to take another look around the galaxy at these locations and seek clarity from these visions of Samantha's.

He took a deep breath,, loosening his hands that had become clenched into fists.Closing his eyes, he took another breath before returning his gaze to her.
"I see. I am quite curious as to this turn of events. I certainly wasn't expecting you to see such visions of the future, but one cannot predict the Force. The most I can say is embrace what you have seen. Perhaps there are some things that can be prepped for. Such as the droves of dead bodies of different orders. No doubt that is the battle that awaits us on Raxus. It is coming and all know it, even if they choose to think otherwise. That's one of the reasons I took Medrike. I wished to battle with her and help awaken the full depth of her power. Powerful as she is now, it has not all been awakened. She will need to be at that battle as both a symbol to her soldiers and a warrior. Even I, who is attempting to return to the shadows of the galaxy, will not hold back anything in that battle. As for Miko, I believe I need to have chat with him."

Shaking his head, the conversation was turning darker than he expected right after tuning her swords. He knew they'd talk about the Kothryn, but this just added more. And now she was aware of more than she would have known otherwise. "The Kothryn, the Machines. So many enemies from so many fronts. I hope the Sith don't attempt to become another problem at such a scale."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:38 pm

"I think you've done enough in regards to keeping in touch with the Greys. I suggest you back off awhile, I already almost had a heart attack at the thought of you branded as an enemy of the Dynasty. It took some heavy convincing for Vanessa to lift the charges against you. When you said you were going to challenge her, I thought you were going to walk right up and openly challenge. From the reports you slinked in through the shadows...you know what, I'm angry with you. You could have really jeopordized our friendship over this! I was all for you sizing up Medrike but not like this! Screw the Templars, they don't move without Medrike's say! They wouldn't have laid a finger on you unless you actually attempted to attack her! Now they're going to be after you for a long time. And I don't want to say goodbye to you! I can't bear the thought of you leaving me! Leave Miko alone, I'm scared you'll spark something else. Just let things be, besides, you don't know the future any more than I do, they're just dreams. No visions or dreams are worth saying goodbye over." Like a flip of a switch, her demeanor changed at the mention of talking with Miko. So far none of his talks have gone well. She grew fearful and angry at the thought of Gavin being so careless. He already upset the Dynasty. Miko was potentially even a worse enemy to make. There was no telling what the dreams meant. If they were anything at all, but it wasn't worth him going into hiding. Even though she found herself full of rage for the events he caused as of late, she walked into his chest and buried her head against him.

"Can't you just leave it be? Do other things, train jester, or whatever, but leave Miko and Medrike alone. They're great entities, they will already be pushed if these dreams I had are true. Just, you don't need to keep tabs on everyone, shadow or not, I was scared for you...the thought of you getting involved in every little thing unsettles me, it's reckless. I won't say goodbye to you...I won't do it," She finally looked up to him with fierce eyes, they weren't tearful, but they were full of warning and anger towards his behavior lately.

"Stop worrying what the other factions are doing and focus on your actions and what they're doing to others," She slammed her fist against his chest. When he mentioned the other factions. She knew they were a threat just as much as the Machines, but she did not care at the moment. She was worried and upset about potentially losing Gavin if he were to truly step out of line. She rested her head against his chest again, where she struck him.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:32 pm

All he had intended in regards to Miko was wanting to know what he planned for Iron Hail. Both knew he was returning, and from the sound of it, Iron Hail was back now and Miko knew where and how. Information enough that he wished he knew, but he was more concerned for what his old friend had in mind. The last few times they spoke, he talked of being ready to join the Force. Each time drew red flags about something Miko was going to do, and each time Gavin had his say. Samantha was worried for Gavin and his actions? All anything would do was keep him from the main systems, especially where the Dynasty operated. At no point did he concern himself with anything the Dynasty could do. From his cloak to hide his presence and his jumping around, to his illusions to become someone else, if he truly wanted to go into a hiding, yet remain fully in the galaxy, it was but an easy task. But with what little he gathered from the plan and the words spoken from Miko prior, it was easy for him to assume it would be a one way trip for Miko.

His fists tightened as she continued on. He couldn't help but feel anger, anger that everything he did, everything he said was seen as wrong and careless. He knew they weren't the best option, but they were hardly wrong. In the end, every move he made others responded in ways that forced him to be put in this position. Could he have walked away? Sure, but what would that have accomplished? No one seemed to understand the truth of the Shadows were, what his intention were. And even worse, no matter what he said, none seemed to care to understand. He was the one open minded about everything, but it was not the case from others.

When she finally stopped talking, he remained quiet, looking away. His breaths had gotten a bit heavy and he was working to calm them. When he finally spoke it was calm, but it was clear the anger hung there slightly.
"So in knowing that his plan could lead him to his death, I should just stay away and let it happen? Shadow or not, Miko is a friend and I won't see him die because of an on the whim plan!" He stepped away from her and walked a few steps before turning back to her, an arm moving out to his side. "As for Medrike, I never told you anything of what I intended to do. That was mere assumption on your part. I never planned on walking up to her and challenging her like that. Say what she will, it would have been no different in the reaction from those in her chambers at the time. All I sought was to draw her secretly away without causing any kind of stir, but when that couldn't happen and I decided to go straight to her. What I was met with was an army and a fleet heading for Kiffu. And you want to talk of my actions being reckless? She almost ended the Kiffu Guardians and crafted a dark picture of the Dynasty just to try and make me back down, completely assuming they had anything to do with my actions. If Medrike had half the power she claimed, none of that would have been needed. For someone who knew it was a Shadow then claimed she didn't know what it was that was coming to the temple sent everyone into a panic. If anything, I just proved that someone can get through her defenses. Even when I got to her, while I was already called out, I tried talking to her, but she was the one who refused to listen. Even when I tried speaking to her on Naza Minor, she didn't even attempt to hear my words. The Shadows are going to return, make no mistake. They will follow their true purpose, though no one appears to want to understand it. So forgive me for trying to set up the ground work so that this time, there will be defenses in place to keep another war breaking out like it did not long ago under Reverence and centuries before."

He couldn't help but chuckle. "Stop worrying about everything else? Stop keeping tabs on everyone? The only thing I'm doing in keeping tabs on everyone is doing what I can to help everyone get ready for this coming battle in my own way. I'm sorry that I want to see the least amount of bloodshed I can. It's impossible to keep tabs on them in such a way anyway right now. It'd be centuries before that could happen. But if that's what you really want, then maybe I shouldn't have wasted my time learning about the Kothryn, though the knowledge I have now is important when it comes to the Dynasty, especially you three sisters. But, fine, I'll just let it go. Step aside like it no big deal. Not my problem, right?"

Gavin finally settled against the wall. He crossed his arms and let his head drop. He couldn't remember the last time he had gotten so frustrated like this. Normally, his emotions were always in check and he responded calmly without anger. But he couldn't help it. As he thought on it, what was the real reason he was angry? Was it because she was basically telling him to forget the Shadows and leave everything alone? No, even if she was that important to him, it wasn't that. Medrike ultimately said the same thing and that didn't do much to affect him. Was it because he wanted to talk about them and everything was only falling into an argument? Maybe. She had only what she heard, so he couldn't blame her for what she felt and wanted him to do.

Still, as much as he hated being in this state, something felt right about it, normal just as things should be. Taking another breath, he spoke again, the anger gone from his voice
. "You don't need to worry about me, Samantha. As reckless as anything seems from the outside, I know exactly what I'm doing and how to get out of any of it. Even if I go into hiding, at no point was it ever going to be good-bye for us. I'm not going to die any time soon. But how can I just stand back, knowing I can do something to help save another life? Death comes with war, there's no changing that, but it can be lessened. As a Shadow, I can work behind the scenes, doing what I can to help strengthen others before things get worse. Being branded a criminal is nothing if I can make someone stronger and raise their defenses. A battle with a friend means nothing if I can help him find another route that doesn't involve his death. And certainly no course of action is too much if it means you and Jester are safe."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:51 pm

"What makes you so sure Miko is going to die? Isn't he as powerful as you are?"She shook her head and rubbed her forehead, "Gavin, I'm sorry...I...I just care about you, as you care about myself and Jester. When I heard the news I was beyond upset. I want you safe too...I don't...I've...I don't know how to say it. I'm scared about what I saw...and I'm scared about what I know happened. I really fought for you when I heard the news, and Vanessa gave an executive order to clear you of the charges. My heart sunk...and I thought I would have seen the end of you. If you're so sure of everything, fine, but...I'm not. I want to understand, I do...I want nothing more than to stand by you through all of this. I can't wrap my head around the force, as magnificent and beyond words as it is, it's too much for me in big chunks like this. It's not that I don't want to understand, it will take time. The Shadows, the Force, all of it, it's...it's not easy, and I know it's not supposed to be easy. I'm scared of this world you brought me into, beyond what I know through the Dynasty. I forget that you know it, and embrace it. I want to continue to learn with you, to understand it as you do, even though I really cannot use it."

She noticed he planted himself along the opposite wall, but still faced her. She did not know how to really react, if she was supposed to walk over, or if she should leave him alone to process. She took a hesitant step forward, but then stopped, "I did not mean to assume..."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:52 pm

Gavin sighed as he looked up to her. He smiled to her faintly, showing her that he wasn't so much upset at her so much as everything going on. As a Shadow, he had thrusted himself into so much so fast. He hadn't had time to mingle into the orders, establish himself as someone they could trust. But the Machines were quickly moving. Sure, he could have simply stepped up as a man, but he felt, that when he did get fully involved with the fight, his actions could give the Machines some sort of surprise, some reason to take pause. It didn't matter now, however. All he knew was that he had to make himself ready for that battle.

"There is no reason to apologize. Unlike Medrike, who I tried to talk to, to help understand, you found out through gathered information. You didn't have the details, no grasp as to the full truth. I certainly don't blame you for your reaction." He shook his head. "It is I who forget that you are new to this. If it wasn't for being here, knowing me, you still wouldn't be where you are now in knowing the Force. Truthfully, just as I didn't expect the illusion to happen at the Crystal Sea, neither did I expect you see she what you did. But having the Force as an ally brings about greater responsibility than without. Yes, there are those who use it for their owns gains, but anyone with just a bit of a moral center knows it needs to be used to help others in some way. And for someone as powerful as Medrike, Miko, Kurayami, or myself, there is no reason why we should be at the back, staying hidden. True, I'm doing it now, but when the battles come, I'm at the front. Miko I know will fight and do something, just as he plans to kill Iron Hail. It was something I grew irritated about Medrike. She claimed to have this power, but didn't truly use it because it wasn't her place. It is one thing for me who isn't obligated and tied to any order. It is something else entirely when you are the light and symbol of an order."

He looked down again, before back to her. "But I certainly want you to be safe now. The Kothryn are no longer what they were. They are no longer bound by a hive mind. Kill a higher ranked Kothryn will not stop them now. They follow a new queen and have a new purpose. That purpose is specific in killing you, Jester, and Vanessa. The attack on Jester wasn't something coincidental. The one who stole her bag in the mall put it there. And as for Miko, it's the idea of bringing him here to fight. Doing so is dangerous as it is. But if he does bring him here, it won't matter how powerful he is. He's going to do something that will ensure Iron Hail is gone, which will undoubtedly kill him. I know, it's most speculation on my part, but the plan is an odd one that doesn't make sense."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:50 pm

"What will you do if Miko refuses to find an alternate solution? I'm sure a master of his standing has other plans in place if this one was to go south. He is resourceful and tenacious. He even defied your actions in regards to Medrike. Are you sure he'd listen? What could he possibly hope to accomplish by bringing Iron Hail, a being of ultimate darkness, to a place of ultimate peace and light? Wouldn't there be a counter balance effect? I mean...I'm not well rehearsed in force physics, but I imagine every action would have an opposite reaction..." She shook her head and huffed a bit, "look at me, trying to make sense of things I don't understand."

"Wait, so...the attack was deliberate? There's someone out there using Kothryn as a bio weapon? Well, where the heck is the rest of the Kothryn horde if they're getting eggs? Who else is helping the bugs? It seems so strange...they're attacking myself and my sisters? How, why? That's insanity, how can they control an entire hive mind? Who's in command of it?" She finally walked up to him, curious with his discovery.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:18 pm

Gavin merely shrugged. "There is nothing I can do if he refuses to follow another path. While I don't know the full details of it, which I intend to find out, It will be ultimately his choice. Even if he knows this is a one way trip, I have to try and convince him of another path should that be what will happen. After all, would you not do that for anyone that mattered to you?" He gave a heavy breath as he looked to the ceiling. "Violence is forbidden on this planet. If anything dark comes here, especially with evil intent, if violence with intent to kill occurs, the planet responds by causing intense pain to the violator, or kills them. No counter balance. It's happened before here." He then looked to Zaul, a man who saw this first hand with one of his exs. "However, Miko knows this. If that is the goal, he either plans for the planet to kill Iron Hail and possible himself, or the planet will allow the battle to happen. That, too, has happened. In which case, it's a smart plan as there would be no way for Iron Hail to leave otherwise. The planet will keep him here for the fight, and kill him itself should Miko fail."

He closed his eyes and nodded when asked about the Kothryn, looking to her as she came close. "There are details I still don't know. By what I've gathered, an experiment of some sort created this new queen. The connection she has with the Kothryn has eliminated the disadvantages they once had. Even more, they are evolving even quicker, now able to assimilate other bug species into themselves." He made sure to leave out Raith and the queen being his lover before marrying Vanessa. "But there are those working for this queen. Possibly mindless slaves at this point. I went back to the mall and used the shadows to recreate the scene as best I could. I was able to see someone who stood out amongst the crowd. While not concrete, I do believe this person hired the guy who planted the Kothryn, then killed him to take care of loose ends. As to where they are exactly, I do not know." This was a half truth as he knew they had retreated to the Vong galaxy, though locating them was another matter entirely. And if they did know, sending someone to find them only pulled away from the soldiers here to fight the Machines. All they could do was wait until their next move, staying vigilant all the while.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:35 pm

She decided to leave the topic of Miko alone now, it was neither here nor there. The Kothryn were a direct threat to Samantha and the others."If there are agents who are within the sphere of vendetta, would they be easier to track down? Surely we have to start somewhere. Surely they're around somewhere, otherwise they wouldnt be able to attack us like this. Then again, probably couldn't go after the hive without an entire army. It would be too much for even you alone I'd think. So what do you want myself and Jester to do? Vanessa is pretty well protected in White-Gold temple, and Raith is also the new Mandalore. He'll be able to keep her safe. Jester is...well...you know. She's a free spirit who says and does as she pleases, but with the best of intentions. She'll need someone who is constantly there, either a templar or someone else from Naza."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:41 pm

Gavin gave a sigh as she mentioned finding those who were aiding the new Kothryn queen. The key was finding them, and that was certainly no easy feat. "I doubt they will be easy to find. True, there was one at the mall that day, but even if we knew what was going on, finding them is still difficult. I expect they'll use others just like the mall and set them up for death soon after so they can't be captured to give up information."

He then let his gaze drop, remembering what he said to Raith as Cayne, speaking of watching the flow of bug species the best he could. "The easiest option would be to watch for bug species around the galaxy. A difficult task in itself, but these Kothryn can draw other species to them and infuse them into their own genetics, allowing for rapid evolution. But it'd have to be subtle. While letting them remain and build, it makes it a danger to us. But with the Machines the big threat now, trying to take on a second enemy on such a scale would only dwindle our defenses. We must bide our time for now and keep our eyes open. And don't worry about me. Even I'm not foolish enough to try and take on a hive of this degree on my own, especially with no information about them or the queen. As for you two." He pushed off the wall and moved to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Keep on doing what you are doing. If anything is going to happen, I expect it'll be surprise attacks like what happened. In which case, always check things you, Jester, or anyone else brings into the office. As for Jester, I think she'll be fine. I seriously doubt there will be such a large attack against her in such a open place as Coruscant. Outside of that, here would be the only real safe place for her. And I have thought of training her myself, to what degree I'll leave to her. If possible, I'd bring her here for training." He then gave her a smile. "Besides, if anything happens to either of you, I'll know. After all, how do you think I got to her so fast that day in the mall from here?"

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:54 pm

"I guess that's about all that can be done, thank you for the swords Gavin, they mean a great deal to me," she answered and smiled when he placed his hand on her shoulder. Her tunic left her shoulders mostly bare, except for a brooch collar. HIs hands were warm against her skin, and she could feel her skin bristle with goose bumps, despite it not being the least bit cold. Samantha looked up into his eyes, and wondered about the other things they could talk about. The other bantha in the room, their friendship. She did not say anything else, wondering if he wanted to talk first. Part of her did not want an answer, for fear of rejection, but the other part of her needed to hear what he had to say. Was he even going to bring it up on this trip? Was it all just about his plans, and the swords? Or was there going to be more? She had more questions as her heart fluttered. She wanted to know how he felt, or what he wanted to do in regards to everything that had happened recently.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

Gavin took a step back, letting his hand fall from her shoulder. However, it didn't fall back to his side, but held it up for her to take his hand. "Would you like to come with me? I wanted to gaze upon the Crystal Sea for a little while. You can leave the swords here if you don't want to carry them right now." Truth be told, getting away was just the cover. Zaul had been there listening to them the whole time, and while he had no care about Zaul hearing the next bit of their conversation, this was something he wished to do in private with her. Mostly because this was something almost new to him again, and he was nervous enough about it.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:43 pm

"Sounds peaceful, after all this talk," She took his hand, and felt the callouses from his years of training. her hands were much softer than his. The crystal sea wasn't a bad choice for a talk, or even just staring out into silence. She could tell he was a bit nervous, as was she. Samantha had no way of knowing how this was going to go. She could end up with him, or they could end up just having a good time, and saving the conversation for later. It was anyone's guess, but it was clear something was bubbling up inside him, anxiety? It was hard to tell.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:54 pm

Gavin nodded before looking back to Zaul for a moment, who nodded to him. Taking a deep breath, he looked back to Samantha before shimmering away.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:10 pm

Gavin shimmered into the village just outside of the center. People were already gathering in line for their food and he did the same. He took in the smell, always lost in the wonderful scents of the cooking here. As good as the food he had elsewhere, it never seemed to match that of home. Perhaps he was bias in the matter, but that was beside the point. Gathering his food, he made his way towards the central building and sat in front of it.

Looking back to the building, he thought on the tense talk that had happened there a couple days before with Samantha. It had been easily settled and things had been sorted out with them. What he was truly curious about was what her swords would be capable of. He was always curious about such things. It was always a mystery seeing just how the Force affected things and was released.

He went back to eating when Zaul appeared and sat down next to him with a plate of his own.
<<I do believe you have hit a new record, my son. Even when you chose to remain here you were rarely in the village. Now you have visited so many times within a single month.>>

Gavin smiled at the thought.
"Well, with all that is to come, its good to enjoy the times at home. It reminds me why I train, why I go to fight, and what waits for me when its over. With the battles to come, death is inevitable. We must all be prepared for that and be ready to except that truth. But we must also hold inside the reason to keep ourselves alive. To be a soldier doesn't mean to just give up your life, but to fight and live to see that which was protected flourish."

Zaul then nodded. <<I'm glad to know that with what is to come, you don't plan to sacrifice yourself so quickly. The galaxy rarely benefits from one's sacrifice in compared to one's life.>>

Gavin continued to smile but said nothing as he ate a few bites. It was several minutes before speaking again. "If all goes according to plan, I may be taking on an apprentice. The other one that was with me, Jester. I will offer her the chance to train under me and the path she wishes to take. If she chooses the path of a successor, the first task I'd have for her, is to come here and live among the people. She looks the age of a young adult, but the body is a clone while here mind is that of a nine year old child. She is growing, but much of the life experiences were never gained. I hope that being here will help her grow as a person and help her understand her role in life. She can better grasp many of the responsibilities of life without the failures and hardships faced in the galaxy. While it is beneficial, the current state of things may put her at a disadvantage. She looks older and many will hold her to that state of mind when she isn't fully ready. Some may not take her seriously or have anything to do with her because of it either. I know here, people will show her respect, teach her to grow, and help as she needs it. I would also like it if you could pass along some of your wisdom to her as well."

Zaul looked to Gavin thoughtfully before returning to his food.
<<She will be welcomed as one of us and we will do all we can to help her grow. I will also do what I can to help prepare her for her training under you.>>

"Thank you." It was all that was said as the two continued to enjoy their breakfast.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Breakfast had finished in the village and all had gone their ways to begin the daily chores. Gavin, however, resided at the edge of the village, seated on a rock. He gazed out at the rolling plains, the visible evidence of the wind causing the grass to sway gently back and forth. He had time before he'd head back to Coruscant to give Jester her items as well as discuss with her the path she'd want to take in training. But for the moment, he reflected upon memories gone by, thinking of those who had been important to him. Above all was Jade. It happened to be in the very spot he sat that Jade was when he asked her to marry him when he was three years old. A time so long ago, yet, sometimes, it felt as if it was yesterday. While he missed her, he was glad he was able to find someone to love now.

However, his pleasant thoughts were cut short as the presence of three individuals pierced his mind. He was becoming skilled in using the shadows to communicate important things to him even when he wasn't searching for them. Diverting his attention, he began to focus on what he felt. It didn't take long to sort them out, each familiar to him in some way. Just as it had been before when he went to Ossus, he felt the presence of those who should have been gone, Reverence once again making an appearance. However, he didn't jump at the sensation, now knowing that it had come from a series of droids made by Miko to imitate everything about a person if looked like. Not only did he feel Reverence, but Stormro and Sinistra. At first, he thought Miko to be taking his training to a higher level to prepare with his fight against Iron Hail, something he couldn't blame his friend for. But as he focused, his eyes opened slightly as he realized it was Miko who was facing them, but Iris. Quickly, he was to his feet. She was growing strong, but not a couple days ago, Miko had told him that she was defeated by Bloodwing. And here she was trying to face three powerful opponents who, together, could give him or Miko a serious challenge.

Closing his eyes, he became engulfed in shadows before they broke apart and dispersed into the wind.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Return to “Naza Prime”