Hello!

Introduce yourself here and be welcomed. If you're saying goodbye, place it here so we can give you our best wishes. If you're just gonna be out for a bit, place it here.
Forum rules
Welcome to UFRP. Introduce yourself in a pleasant and friendly way. Please take note that as a new member of our community, this is your first impression. You can state your RP experience or preferences, however you should not assume that we will know who you are or anything else about you. We will be happy to help you out or point you in a good direction to start if you need a hand getting going. Make sure you have reviewed the rules in the user manual and have a pleasant stay.
Ayeniner

Hello!

Post by Ayeniner » Mon May 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Hi all,

As if I didn't realise this site has been here?!

My name's Ayeniner. You can call me 'Niner for short. I've been part of other sites like Jedi V Sith since its inception on Facebook all those years ago, and have been on and off active on the next iteration of that site over the years.

I haven't got a character in mind yet, but wondering what is going on and I may design a character around those first experiences.

Looking forward to some fun! :)
Nomi Jonan

Re: Hello!

Post by Nomi Jonan » Mon May 14, 2018 3:40 pm

Hello there!

I think the site is in a very transitory stage right now, but it's a lovely time for new beginnings.

I wrote Kaytren Li since the super-early JvS era days before they added the RP section of the app, but eventually ended up finding more of a home and community in the Facebook groups, and then later here as everyone began to migrate away from the Facebook platform.

I've not been around for a few years either, but I've missed this part of life. After Kel Var-Maren, Rakatan, and others started to open the conversation back up over the last month, I did a lot of reflecting and started working out how to bring a few of my characters and stories back in without taking on more than I can handle.

For the moment I'm thinking I'll start with finding Kay's daughters, Ashlin and Nomi, and see where their stories lead.

Erril Winterhold started a planning board thread "Return of the Jedi," which starts to lay out some of what we were thinking after a few people all started contemplating how to handle the sudden Jedi-heavy absence from the site a few years ago until now.

I think that Tatiana and Gavin Phoenix's writers might have mentioned working on a timeline for what happened IC here in recent years too, but I'm not quite sure. :)

That's just a beginning point though, so there's lots of room to branch out.
It's a new world. It's a new start. It's alive with the beating of young hearts. It's a new day, a new plan. It's waiting for me—
Here I am.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Mon May 14, 2018 5:25 pm

Hello and welcome/welcome back to all.

We are indeed working on forming up some kind of timeline so everyone has a far better grasp at where everything is. Takes some time since most of the events leading to now started back in 2013. Its hard to believe its been that long. But for the long story short is the Jedi are slowly starting to return from the "Great Disappearance" that happened after Metellos and the Kothryn attack there. The Sith have started returning from the shadows and hiding places, most joining up with Nereus Draken, a Sith claiming to untie and give to the Sith what they deserve. His plan was to use the Machine Empire, who has returned from their silence after Iron Hail's defeat. While it started off well, when Nereus went to take iron Hail's spirit into himself, he underestimated the machine spirit and was taken over. So now Iron Hail runs the Sith and the Machines under the guise of Nereus. The Machines know the truth, while the Sith are still unaware. the Jedi Tatiana, Miko Panaka, Aria Theron, Vanessa Lux, Kurayami Bloodborn, Medrike, and Gavin Phoenix all know that Iron Hail is back and in control. Currently, Tatiana's daughter, Arielle, is out with her master, Kahn, searching for the scattered Jedi. The Lux Dynasty, Grey Jedi of Ossus, and the Jedi order are all working together to prepare for the coming fight against the Machines, knowing that they have to preapre and wait for the right moment to strike or lose everything.

The Kothryn have returned, made a few attacks, and retreated to the Yuuzhan Vong Galaxy. Having evolved from instinctual creatures led overall by the Sarlaccs, a new being has taken over as queen and now they continue to feed, evolve, grow, and wait for their chance to strike. A new menace is also starting to brew. A group of deformed beings, the Xynmeracs, infused with the powers of the the Force, Void, and Shadows have been reawakened and sent out to gather information for a single man, Kelam. This part of the story is slow moving an waiting for the Machine Empire arc to start coming to a close.

Gavin Phoenix, the last Shadow, has found the desire to understand what the Shadows truly are and has discovered hidden truth to what they were meant to be. While focusing on preparing for the battles against he Machines, he is looking to rebuild the Shadows to there true mission. There are some mercenary/bounty hunters around. You have Valca City, the city of vice and sin on Rusaan.

Hopefully that was a decent overview to get some people up to speed with most of the major dealings. Quite a few characters spread everywhere and lots of posts to remember, lol.
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Ayeniner

Post by Ayeniner » Tue May 15, 2018 7:43 am

This sounds exciting! Is there anywhere that you suggest I can join in - it sounds great and very collaborative, which I'm all about. Does any side need more of a presence?

Oh, and what are Void and Shadow powers? <3
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue May 15, 2018 9:19 am

As of now, I’m not certain if any side needs more than the other. Either way, I’d say pick what you’d enjoy more.

When it comes to the Void, it is a power opposite the Force. For a better idea, you can find the knowledge and some powers here: http://www.universalforcerp.com/viewforum.php?f=594

As for the Shadows, we too have a a spot in the description, yet I want to go back and do some things with it. In the overall scheme, they were basically a group of Force users who sought to maintain balance, though were divided into light and darkness. They mostly deal in illusions. I’m wanting to go back, make the Shadows their own thing like the Force and the Void and give them a little more purpose and definition.
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Ayeniner

Post by Ayeniner » Tue May 15, 2018 1:59 pm

Are the machines Artificial Intelligence? I may enjoy starting off like that!
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue May 15, 2018 4:09 pm

The are Artificial Intelligence. Extremely advanced, or at least the generals up are. More information can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=365&t=3160

Or you can get in touch with Iron Hail about it, or Nereus Draken considering her runs that body now.

They are not the only A.I going around. Kyra is an A.I that has joined up with the Dynasty. Wasn't connected to the Machine Empire but was a creation to understand and be as organic as possible with the A.I advantages. Currently located on Nam Chorios, she's helping design a new collection or droids to fight the Machine Empire. A fun note is that the Machine Empire is influenced quite a bit by Gundam and Transformers while the new droids being co designed by Kyra and the Fluffernaughts are influenced by Zoids.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Rakatan

Post by Rakatan » Wed May 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Hi 9er!

Welcome to our little corner of the realm! Hope you enjoy your stay!
We can never see past the choices we don't understand.
Iron Hail

Post by Iron Hail » Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 pm

If you want to join the machines there are many ways to go about it, the obvious making a droid character. The others are becoming smugglers/pirates, or a sith character, as Iron Hail/Nereus has a few under his employ now.
Organic life is nothing but a genetic mutation, an 'accident' your lives are measured in years and decades. You wither, and die. I, am the Eye of the Galaxy. You, are my tool.

Return to “Hellos and Goodbyes”