The Forest of Life

Gavin Phoenix

Re: The Forest of Life

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:00 pm

Jade shook her head with a chuckle. "And why not? You do realize I see and know everything Gavin does, right? Sometimes, I catch things he doesn't." She giggled a bit more. "But I'm glad you are happy with him. He is certainly worth it. Enough that I waited seventeen years for him before getting married. He is still as much the man I wanted to be with that I saw in him when he was three."

Looking back out to the ocean, Jade stepped back from Samantha. "While I hope that becomes the case, it may taking some convincing this time for Gavin to be so open with her again. At least not without testing her to see that she truly wants to understand this time. She has come to think of the Shadows as correcting the balance for their favor, which is far from the truth. They, by their own law, are forbidden from taking places of high rank in governments and organizations for any reason and they can't interfere unless a situation is so bad that the galaxy can't easily correct itself. If a great enough darkness comes that threatens great chaos and destruction without anyone to stand against it for a time, they would work prior to its coming to prepare others, remove footholds before they could get them, anything that needed to be done to keep things from getting too far out of hand. Same for if the galaxy falls into a state of peace where conflict disappears. It is their place to create it, though such an occasion has never happened. There is a power that was developed by the Ancients, a technique that let them see the present and all those within the galaxy, see the future and all possibilities through different choices. If a Shadow is ever involved, none ever know, and at most, al they do is influence those who can make the change to follow a better path. Not through control, but simple advice."
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:52 pm

"Well, he's certainly a remarkable man. I'm a bit envious I never got the chance to watch him grow up, but I'm happy that I can see him now. He's a wonderful person. I can't wait to watch where our relationship goes from here." Samantha smiled and pulled back as Jade did.

"We'll just have to see what happens. Many people are preparing for wars and battles to come. The whole galaxy is sitting on a powder keg. I imagine at some point Medrike may wish to talk to Gavin. I know that the Dynasty is preparing for heavy losses everywhere. I just hope that is not the case. We'll need everyone working together to defeat the machines whatever it takes. It will be a grand victory for the galaxy, and then there will be peace, and then possibly Gavin and I can settle in without worrying about wars or templars. I'm happier than I've been in a long time, I feel I did the right thing in pursuing him. I'm relentless that way in general."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:06 pm

"Well, he will certainly be at the front in what's to come. He hasn't fully switched his roles to being completely a Shadow. It'll be centuries in the making before it can be what it once was. Provided Gavin is able to learn the Cosmic Eye technique, that is. Without it, it'll be too much guess work to matter as he won't be able to keep ahead of events. But while most of what I've told you may be what Gavin has said, anything you learn from me about the Shadows is to be our secret. Gavin won't tell you himself, so that leaves me to ensure you know everything so you are prepared for any possible choices that have to be made."

She then chuckled a little. "Gavin settle? I don't know if there would ever be a day when he would actually settle. Even as a child, he was always looking to the sky, curious about what lay beyond. Even too this day, he is always moving. He may say it was because of his exile, but I know better. It's just who he is. You may have to accept there will be points where he is gone for an extended amount of time. I wouldn't even say months at a time, but still, even a few days can strain a relationship if they aren't ready for that reality."
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:12 am

"Well it's not like I'll be here playing housewife. I have a career as an ambassador for the Dynasty, and I am a senator for the Dynasty as well. I make sure that there are smooth transitions between the republic and the Dynasty. We don't want another civil war like what happened during the Clone Wars or Galactic Empire, that would be bad. So that's what I do. I think I'd be unhappy just settling in as a wife. I'm a bit too...ambitious for that. So even if Gavin is away, I will have things to do. Besides that means I can see you in my dreams right? That's not so bad a trade off...or is that only after Gavin and I finish making love?" She shook her head with a chuckle, "I think we'll be just fine."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:19 pm

Jade laughed lightly with a shake of her head. "For the time being, I can only pass into your mind when yours and Gavin's spirits become so deeply intertwined. So yes, for now that is the only time I'll ever be in your mind. Not that I plan to make it a habit. I only appear when he feels like giving up or if there is something I feel you should know."

She then looked down at her hand; it was becoming transparent. "Looks like my time is up. Remember, what you learn from me is to be our secret."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:32 pm

"What's gossip among wives?" Samantha winked and giggled, "it was a pleasure meeting you, thank you for some clarification on things."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:49 pm

Jade smiled at her with a nod. "As it was meeting you, Samantha. Until next time. Just remember," She gave another smile while placing a finger on her lips. "This is our little secret." Only a moment more passed before she was gone completely and the scene established faded to white.

As her dream ended, the soft sounds of birds could be heard as faint rays of light began to pour in from the hut's window. Morning had already arrived though Gavin continued to sleep through, for the first time in a while, finding such a peace that allowed him to sleep so well.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:26 pm

"Our little secret..." Samantha mumbled with content in her sleep. The sheets were barely over her as she slept on her side. They covered her chin and her front, but she seemed to be hugging them. Her back was exposed as the rays of sun poked through the hut and gleamed on her tanned skin. She was dead asleep but she seemed to have a smile on her face as she slept. She had no care in the world, she was at the apex of life as far as she felt, and she never slept better. She was like an angel, sleeping peacefully and with a graceful presence.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:49 pm

It was a fair twenty minutes before Gavin finally stirred awake. He took in a deep breath before looking first at the rays of light shining in. His mind began to wonder if the night before had happened. Looking to confirm his thoughts, he turned to see Samantha laying there still asleep. He smiled softly as he kissed her head lightly before slowly slipping out of bed so not to disturb her.

He stood in front of the window for a moment, looking out into the glistening forest. For some reason, he felt lighter than normal. Shaking his head with a smile, he grabbed his pants and left the room. Making his way to the door, he worked the pants on as he exited the hut. Using the wood left from the night before, he started another fire and set a pot of water on for some tea. He definitely wanted some breakfast, but that would come a little later. Once Samantha woke up and they had a chance to clean up, perhaps they'd be able to get something from the village. He shook his head at the thought, figuring it as best for just them to eat together. The people in the village would have finished long before they could get there anyway. Luckily, there were a few things left in the hut to make for a decent meal.

Making his way to the closet where most of everything was stored, he gathered a few eggs, a piece of meat and some bread. He'd wait to cook them as it wouldn't take long. Setting them by the fire, he moved to one of the vacant rooms. There rested his newest lightsaber and sword. Grabbing the blade, he made his way back out to the fire and sat on a piece of wood. As the water worked its way to a boil, he gazed over the blade, the sword that still bore no name.

It was a rather large sword, measuring four and a half feet and held the appearance of a large katana. Two small blades arched off the topside of the blade tip like dragon's teeth while a curved blade extended off the bottom near the guard and back over the hilt. The guard was a dragon's head with the blade exiting its mouth with pair of horns curving back to the hilt while another pair curved down to the chin, meeting underneath and seeming to hold the bottom curve blade in place. The blade was inscribed with runes of power and strength. At the end of the hilt, a four point spear styled like a Fleur De Lis extended off the back for an extra place of attack. It certainly looked like a difficult blade to wield, especially in weight, but it was a style Gavin was most comfortable with.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:53 am

Samantha took her time, she did not stir as Gavin woke. It was an hour before her eyes finally fluttered open. She noticed Gavin wasn't in bed, so she groaned and stretched out with a yawn. While completely splayed out she wondered if last night really happened. It was so sudden, and yet completely perfect in every way. She found herself smiling and could feel herself trying to hold back giddiness. She covered her face with the sheets and giggled a moment with happiness, before finally throwing the blankets off of her and slipping back into the clothes Gavin gave her. Samantha tied her hair into a simple pony tail and headed into the living area. She did not see him there, but saw that he was cooking something for the both of them. She wandered about until she heard noises coming from a spare room. She noticed he was playing with a set of swords and she leaned on the archway with her arms crossed over her chest.

"So, what's on the menu love?" Samantha smiled as she walked up to him.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Gavin looked up to her as she came outside. Smiling, he looked back to the supplies that he brought out. "Some eggs, a little ham, bread and some tea. Unfortunately, I don't have the supplies here to make a larger breakfast. Would spoil a lot faster that way. Also, I didn't feel like heading into the village."

He chuckled a bit as his gaze shifted back to his sword that laid over his lap. His hand was gently caressing it as if it was something very precious to him. While not quite precious to that point, he had been lost in thought as he had been looking at it while she slept. He had been constantly running the runes over in his head, runes specific to the Shadows, speaking of strength and power. He always questioned himself as to what those words mean and the connection they had to other words. He didn't want to mistaken the truth for false belief. If he thought of it as many thought of power, he would lose what he had. But most of all, he still didn't know a name for it. Each weapon he ever had bore a name. It gave the weapon a greater sense of existence and a deeper bond with the creator. That was his belief anyway. This was the longest period he had gone before bestowing a name to a weapon. With that, he hoped that it would have greater meaning later.

Shaking his head lightly, he set it to the side as he placed a pan over the fire, breaking the eggs into it to start letting the cook. He also placed a small piece of metal next to it, placing the ham there. He then motioned to the log next to him with a smile.
"Come sit. I promise I don't bite. At least, not normally."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:16 pm

"Sounds good, I wouldn't have made the trip either, no matter how much you begged for bacon, Samantha laughed as she walked up to him and sat down by him. She watched as his hands moved over the sword as gently as he used them last night. She chuckled and shook her head, he was in deep thought again. It was something that would take getting used to. She wondered if he was just simply staring at the floor when he went into these moments, or if he was staring into the force. He was a daydreamer, one of these days she figured she'd not say anything and clock how long it took him to come out of his trance.

She then watched as he started cooking breakfast,
"I was wondering when you were going to cook breakfast. I figured I'd have to remark on your hands caressing the wrong thing."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

Gavin looked at her with a curious eye. "You know someone who's that big on bacon? I know Miko has a love of waffles and my brother was quite fond of nerf steak, had a steak night at least every other week at the academy. But can't say I desire any particular food in such a way." He chuckled a bit as he check the eggs and ham.

In time, she'd learn that delving into deep thought or meditation was something Gavin did often and sometimes was in it for days at a time. It would be curious to see how see dealt with that part. He looked back to her with a chuckle.
"Well, I had to wait for you to get up to cook. After all, it doesn't take any time for them to cook. They would have been cold otherwise." He then looked back to his sword before tending to the food again. "And I'd figure you'd say something similar as well. I was just wondering what name I should give it. I had to make a new one since my old one was destroyed when I tried to give it to Erith back on Manaan. I believe a weapon is much more than just a tool for battle. It is a piece of you, an extension of yourself, especially if you forge it yourself. It's wrong not to have a name."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:02 am

"Look at you, my big strong Gavin cooking dinner for his sweet princess," She smirked and kissed his cheek, then she playfully patted his middle, "thank you love. Hopefully your stomach isn't too rumbly from waiting."

"Oh I could say a lot of things about caressing swords, and swordplay, but I think Naza would implode from the euphemisms. A place of peace and all, not violence. You were wide open to the jests, so it was easy. But a name huh? No idea what to call it, but that's up to you. I remember the battle of Manaan, heh, for an order of devout female soldiers they do like playing with swords. But all their longswords are made of phrik and manufactured on Ions. They only train with them, they don't make them," She watched him as he made breakfast, and leaned against his arm.

"By the way, you're not planning on taking me back home any time soon are you?" She chuckled
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:18 pm

"What? Did you think I wouldn't?" Gavin shook his head with a laugh. "And no, I'm not that hungry."

For now, he let the topic of his sword pass on despite the clever puns she put in as well. In the end, it was something only he could decide and now certainly wasn't the time to spend discussing it.

As the food finished cooking, he put them on two different plates and poured the tea for them before handing Samantha hers.
"Not right away. What kind of man would I be if I took you back without feeding you and allowing you to clean up?" He shook his head again before looking at the fire. "Can't keep you away too long though. No doubt you disappearing has caused a stir with the Templars. Somehow, despite coming of your own desires won't mean much to them. Best not to give anymore of a reason for them to hunt me down. In the end, only Medrike can truly settle them enough. Either I will finally get around to talking with her or I'll be staying here more often than not."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:21 am

"Who said I was ready to be taken back or wanting to be cleaned up?" Samantha scoffed with a roll of her eyes as she took the plate handed to her by Gavin. She used her utensil and popped the warm eggs in her mouth, they were quite satisfying. She let out a contented sigh and sat back as she ate. Samantha took in the moment of having breakfast with her lover. Everything seemed so perfect, from coming into the hut with what if's, and now waking up with no doubts at all, "You forget I too have authority over the templars. I can tell them to leave me alone when it suits me. I am not worried about them, you seem like you're far more concerned than I am. I am not ready to go yet..."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Gavin simply shook his head with a smile and a small smile. He knew better than to push the subject and draw out a pointless discussion. They saw their own points on it and neither would end up being swayed. Still, despite the rules they followed and the authority over them, he wouldn't trust them. There was something about them that irked him. He couldn't shake the feeling they'd become a threat down the road. If they did, it would be uncertain if they'd be a typical threat such as the Sith or anything else that came from the darkness normally, or a threat that could stir the balance. There were only a handful, but meant little. He didn't know their powers; they, like him, could be capable of much even in small numbers. Either way, he'd fight them openly, especially if they came to harm any of the sisters.

Taking a few bites of the eggs, he let his head drop before looking up to the trees above them with the faint rays of light peaking through.
"Fine then. But don't come crying to me when they bend you over and spank you for being gone so long. Naughty girls tend to get punished from time to time. Then you add in all those who are waiting to meet with you, well that just makes a line." He glanced back at her out of the corner of his eye, but the gleam there, the smirk on his face, as well as his tone easily spoke that he was teasing her.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:41 pm

"At least I have someone in my life who spanks me the right way," She leaned over an nipped his ear with a smirk, and a laugh. He was right though, there would be a little more time for this bliss, but then she would have to get back. She had duties to resume, and also had to make sure Jester wasn't causing trouble, or in trouble. She wondered what exactly Jester did when she was away. Samantha figured Jester holed up in her room and played copious amount of holo games to pass the time. Thouhg she had noticed her little sister's thoughts drifting to other things, like the force, and her new friends she made on Naza. Maybe she would come out of her shell a bit more, and actually meet people for once. She deserved a boyfriend or something to help her grow up a bit, even if she really wasn't willing to start training right away.

"Heh, my bottom will be quite sore from all those people waiting in line to spank it, won't it?" She rolled her eyes with a gawdy smile.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:57 pm

"Hmm, maybe. Then again, I'm more the close, deep, and intimate type. Rarely do I get into such a feisty mood for that kind of fun." He shook his with a chuckle. "Indeed it will. I'll definitely need to get a copy of the security camera watching it. The real question is how will you take it? Imagine you get completely aroused from being spanked by everyone."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:22 pm

"Well, go figure, the old shadow master is a pervert. I wonder if Yoda was the same way," Samantha burst out laughing and leaned against Gavin's shoulder as she giggled into his shirt. "Though, I seriously doubt the master of shadows has only one bout in him...and if you're done caressing those swords, perhaps you can put your hands to better use? After all, I'll be the judge of when I'm ready to go back home. The Templars can sweat it until I deem otherwise, because I'm in love with the man that kidnapped my goddess."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:37 pm

Gavin chuckled a shook his head. "Only when it involves you. And I wouldn't doubt the possibilities that he was. I'm sure he put the Force to good use in more ways than one." He then let out a sigh. It was something he'd certainly have to get used to. Even before, such things were done one at a time and spread out over a few days. Samantha was far more feisty in that regard.

He continued eating a bit, not responding to her last comments for a moment. It was a minute or so before he shrugged casually.
"Well, in getting cleaned up, I initially had the intention of going to the hot springs."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:58 pm

"The hotsprings huh? You old romantic..." She smirked, remembering just being snuggled up to him in the hot tub, unsure of how he felt about her, but knowing how she felt about him. There were dangers involved, but she did not care. The Templars would have to just accept it, and so would Medrike. Over all though the memories came flooding back of both her and Jester cozied up to Gavin. She wondered why Jester became disinterested in Gavin, but Samantha was grateful for the change of heart. She was happy bantering with who she felt was the wisest man in the universe. Although many of his methods were still a touch questionable to her.

"That would feel good, and it would be relaxing. Then if you really want to take me back, you can," She sighed and settled against his shoulder as she finished her eggs and ham.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:08 pm

"Well, I imagine you'd also rather clean up in nice hot water and not the cooler pond." He chuckled as he finished off his plate and sipped on the tea. "I'm not without enjoying certain moments while they are here. I do what I can to treat the ones that matter well it whatever way is best for them."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:52 pm

"Like I said, that sounds relaxing, much better than a cold pond. Though I'm sure you'd probably dunk me if I slept too much longer," she kissed his temple with a chuckle.

"And you do the best job making this princess feel like a queen," she sighed and sipped her tea.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:31 pm

"No, I wouldn't have dunked you if you slept too long. I would have let you sleep and watched you all the while. Now being over there and dunking you, that is another mattered entirely." He chuckled as he finished his tea. He then turned and kissed her. "Oh, I'm sure you do feel like that."

He smiled a she stood, taking their dishes as they finished and went to clean them up and put them away. He was gone only a couple a minutes before returning with their clothes and a couple towels. "Whenever you're ready."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Samantha Lux

Post by Samantha Lux » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:05 pm

She nodded and finished the rest of her breakfast. There was still a sip of tea left in her mug. She tilted the cup back and let the warm liquid slide back and she downed the rest of it. Samantha set the cup down and smiled up at Gavin, "I am ready."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:41 pm

Gavin smiled as he took her hand and shimmered them away to the Grove of Peace.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat May 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Gavin shimmered into the bedroom of his hut on the Forest of Life. He couldn't help but give a heavy sigh as his mind thought on everything he discussed with Miko. What he had feared since Samantha mentioned it was true: Miko was going to give up his life to end Iron Hail permanently. As much as he didn't want his friend to sacrifice himself, the reasoning Miko gave was enough to know it was their only option. He only hoped that he could become the Ancient of Naza when it was over. Either way, he would find his rest, or so he hoped. All they could do now was prepare the best they could.

Removing his cloak and vest, he tossed them onto the bed. Taking another breath with a deep sigh, he began to roll his neck and stretch out. He was about to dive into a deep trance and he wasn't sure how long he'd be in it. He sat down on the ground and closed his eyes as he began to reach out. Connecting with the Shadows, he worked to commune with them and sought to learn all he could about what the enemies were planning and how they were coming along.

Through the Shadows, he reached out to those shadows that covered the area of Raxus Prime. Having been there twice gave him the ability to connect much faster than normal. However, as skilled as he was with Shadow Speak, he still had a ways to go to have the greatest mastery. For now, what he could see would be limited more than likely, but there was still a good chance he'd see what was needed and even hear.

He wasn't concerned about searching them out for many reasons. With him being on Naza, his presence would be blocked off from being sought out with a general search. Only if someone really sought him intently could they find him here. Even if the Machines were somehow able to find him, they could reach Naza as Iron Hail had come to Nazaremos before, Naza would shut down their systems when they reached orbit and would crash to the surface. He couldn't explain how the planet shut down technology, but it wasn't anything based on EMP as technology like life support systems worked while a lightsaber next to it wouldn't. The final reason he wasn't concerned was due to him using the Shadows to search instead of the Force. The Shadows couldn't be detected like the Force and only four others outside of those who came from Naza could sense them.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat May 20, 2017 1:14 pm

Hours had passed as Gavin sought to connect with the shadows on Raxus. He hoped to gather some information to prepare others. He would have liked to find out everything he could from this technique, but deep down, her felt he'd have to go there himself and try to access information from the computers there. If he was able to copy data from them, they would most likely find things that could help them, but it came with so many risks.

After a few hours, he finally began to hear the sounds of speech resonating in his head. It was muffled, so he wasn't able to make anything out, but there was a hint of something mechanical. He was getting close, hopefully only a little longer.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Phaeton

Post by Phaeton » Sat May 20, 2017 7:41 pm

There was a snarl in the air, as the chatter turned to something more sinister than binary chirps and warbles. A voice cackled and growled through the connection,
a strange mix of a laughing pup and a grimacing wolf,
<<I can only live where there is light...but I die if the light shines on me...>>

The creature was on raxus, and voracious, like a predator that had not eaten in a millennia after waking up. It connected right away with Gavin, and appeared in his mind like a wisping silhouette with red eyes. It was quadrupedal like a wolf, with a long tail, but the rippling of the silhouette made it hard to discern it from machine or beast. It paced around Gavin as he prodded. It looked as though it was ready to eat him. It was possible that this was the first line of defense against those that decided to probe around with the force, or any sort of mystical powers.

<<Naza can't hide you from me...prey...>> It cackled again.

Return to “Naza Prime”