The Refectory (The Main Kitchen and Dining Hall)

Kahn

Re: The Refectory (The Main Kitchen and Dining Hall)

Post by Kahn » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:47 pm

Kahn rolled his eyes a little. "Sure, take away my morning entertainment." He then smiled as he placed a hand on her head. "Believe me, you've learned more than you realized. But never think it's a problem. Remember, the master chooses the apprentice. And before you start saying you're the only one here, know that I could have said no. It was what I wanted then, to be your master and your friend, to give you what you've sought for for so long."
“No matter the circumstances of one's birth, the life they choose will always be theirs and theirs alone.”

Kahn's Theme
Arielle

Post by Arielle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:14 pm

"Well, so far, any regrets training a sassy red head?" She giggled and took his words to heart. She was glad that he decided to train her. She finally felt like she had purpose and wasn't trapped in the temple with the possibility of the Nexus never bringing the lost Jedi back. She had been in a battle, and travelled the galaxy. Now she was honing her skills for the campaign to come.
The Force, Family, Nature, and friends, the basic four things to lead a full life, a life of perpetual growth in body, mind and spirit. All are intertwined with the force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxDS106Xf-E
Kahn

Post by Kahn » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Kahn couldn't help but laugh a little, shaking his head. "You make it sound like it's a handful. Handling you is a walk in the park. So no, no regrets in training you. It's been rather fun pushing you and occasionally teasing you. Where else would I get this opportunity?"
“No matter the circumstances of one's birth, the life they choose will always be theirs and theirs alone.”

Kahn's Theme
Arielle

Post by Arielle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:02 am

"No where I can think of," Arielle shrugged as she dove into her second sandwich. She smirked in reaction to Khan's laugh. It was good to hear him being at ease and less pensive about things. She could relax when he was. It was close to bedtime now though, new training would start at first light. It was going to be a long day tomorrow. "I think I'll turn in Khan, got alot to do tomorow, right?" She smiled eagerly.
The Force, Family, Nature, and friends, the basic four things to lead a full life, a life of perpetual growth in body, mind and spirit. All are intertwined with the force.

Kahn

Post by Kahn » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 am

Kahn smiled and nodded. "Alright. Sleep well. Tomorrow, we push harder."

Kahn's Theme
Arielle

Post by Arielle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:54 pm

Arielle nodded and headed back to the gardens to sleep.

John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 am

John found his way into the kitchens, rubbing the head of his daughter as she passed by, ruffling her red hair. He waited for her to leave before coming to Khan, "before you turn in Kahn. I got word from Tatiana that the Sith and the Machines are rallying on Metellos in a massive strike force. If I had to guess, about thirty thousand sith and machines are poised to strike the temple, soon."
Kahn

Post by Kahn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 am

Kahn watched Arielle leave with a smile, though composed himself as her father walked in. He quickly down the sandwich as John began to speak, stopping cold shortly after swallowing. His eyes shifted to the table and away as he thought on the reality. He knew the battles would be coming soon, but he hadn’t expected it to come this fast. And to come here of all places. He knew he was ready, but was Arielle? They had only busted started working to refine her combat skills and though she was learning quickly, he didn’t know if she was ready for that, especially a group as massive as that.

In fact, it all seemed like suicide. They were a handful of Jedi at best, the Crusaders, then the new fleet and troops. But would that be enough? Would it be worth fighting then here and now, risking everything before the final push. He gave a sigh as he tried to push the thoughts away. He knew the answer to it all.

Finally lookin back to John, he spoke with a deep serious tone.
"How long would you say we have?"

Kahn's Theme
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:33 pm

"How long?" John shrugged, "a few days, maybe four? Hell, they may even be planning on attacking the Galactic Senate. All I know is, a force that large, is going to hurt. We will out number them in clones, but not Jedi. I plan on starting preparations tonight, with reinforcing the lower levels and catacombs. If there is anything predictable about the enemy, they make a big show up front, and strike decisively somewhere else."
Kahn

Post by Kahn » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 pm

Four days? In the scope of it all, that was hardly any time. His fists tightened as his eyes turned towards to entrance, as if still trying to watch Arielle leave. So little time, but he had to ensure she was ready. "That's not much time, if any. I hope Arielle is ready to really hit the grindstone. We only just started working on her combat skills. And to have to stand to a force like that? I believe in her, but still. She's a Jedi, but I still would rather her be gone from this encounter. I..He turned his eyes away for a moment before looking back to John. "I don't want her hurt nor do I want to have to face such hell. Especially if I'll have to resort to my darker power in order to repel the Sith."

Kahn's Theme
John Bickket

Post by John Bickket » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:57 am

Kahn wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:55 pm
He turned his eyes away for a moment before looking back to John. "I don't want her hurt nor do I want to have to face such hell. Especially if I'll have to resort to my darker power in order to repel the Sith."[/i]
John sighed and placed a hand on Khan's shoulder, but his gaze was not reassuring but determined, "you may not have a choice, If you wish to see the sun rise through the smoke and ash. We're all that's left, we've sent out scouts only to find out that a Force Nexus swallowed up the Jedi. We've tried for months to find Jedi only for them to decide to shove off somewhere else. They won't be the ones saving the temple, we will. We're on our own. You, Tatiana, Arielle, are all that's left of the Jedi Order. We'll see it through somehow, accept help if it comes, but we're it. If you care about Arielle, you won't hurt her. I trust you." He then spoke on a commlink, ::check the undeveloped area's and the hangars. I don't want any section of this temple to be taken without cost to them.::
John finally smiled to Khan, "sleep, we'll talk more tomorrow."
Kahn

Post by Kahn » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:10 am

He watched as John left, but made no movement of his own. All he could do was sit there as the thoughts ran about in his head. Just the thred of them. In the end, running would have smarter. The Jedi order wasn't a place, but a people. It didn't matter where they were. But it was clear they wouldn't run, nor would have he in the end. But he would stay by her side and would keep her safe, no matter the cost. He...

His his sharpened as he stood suddenly. He had to prepare, to ensure he was where he needed to be. Sleep would come at a later time. For now, he needed to train. As such, he made hisay to the training grounds.

Kahn's Theme

Return to “Renewed Jedi Temple”