Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Gavin Phoenix

Re: Uhl Turhaya Cathedral and Market Place

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:50 am

"It is because of her child that I'm suggesting she be brought here. Along side that is her position as Queen. She is the face of the Dynasty. Samantha and Jester might be set to take over as needed, but to lose her then suddenly replace her takes time of adjystment. And Samantha would be no different than Vanessa as I will not be staying with her. I have my own role in the coming fight: ensuring the end of Iron Hail with Miko. As strong as the Dynasty is, it cannot afford to lose the four of you. You and the sisters are the keystone of this empire. The more that are removed, the more the structure crumbles. But this is merely a request. If you are unable to convince them, then there is nothing more that can be done on this front."
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Biography of Gavin Phoenix
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:29 pm

"I would prefer Samantha and Jester be out of the picture, Vanessa is far more a strategist than either of them. And I would like to see a battle or two under her belt. With the mid rim lost, the machines have a chance to strike anywhere unimpeded. They seem to be going after the smaller factions first before attacking us. Mon Calamari Shipyards has been hit quite extensively and reports are in that the battle is continuing. I would very much like Vanessa to see what it means to fight as a Queen instead of an orphanage survivor. And once our fleets and armies are ready, we will go on the offensive. I will discuss it with them, and I will let you know what happens," Medrike nodded and sipped the tea, "spice tea...has a bit of a kick doesn't it?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:34 pm

Gavin had yet to drink the tea, not concern for it at the moment. He was on a mission and that had kept him focus. "Perhaps. Tea isn't my thing, really. But that's understandable. Whatever is felt to be the best option. That just leaves my final bit of business. I need a few things for my training of Jester."
"There is no road,no simple highway,between the dawn and the dark of night. And if you go, no one may follow, for that path is for your steps alone...."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:16 pm

She nodded with understanding, "What did you need from me to provide for Jester's training? Weapons or armor?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:33 pm

"Neither. I train without armor and leave that to whoever else she trains with. Weapons are taken care of as well. What I require is a little harder to obtain. The first is a set of twenty metal spikes. Miko uses them in his training and I have found a way to further that regiment. The second needs a little more designing and needs to be built."

He slid a data pad over to her that displayed was a rather interesting piece of equipment. It looked to be a balancing beam connected to other beams. Based on the plans, each beam was ten feet long and ran four beams long and three beams wide. Each connecting point was a round cylinder. When connected the rods could lift the beams ten feet off the ground, either together or adjust to different heights individually. The beams and rods could also loose some size, going from a five inch wide beam to a one inch wide beam. This was described as a tool to help enhance the balance of the students to the highest degree that could be managed in such training.

"Balance is one of the most important things anyone can learn.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:02 pm

"Force conditioning? That is certainly a Grey Jedi technique. That will be a good building block for her. I am sure we can get some durasteel rods for your blueprints. That should be no trouble. Balance served the Greys well these past forty years. I suspect it will last quite a while longer. Will you want it pre built to be easily put together upon arrival to naza?" She asked.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Gavin modded. “Indeed it is. It’s been a technique Miko has used for a very long time, since the time I first joined the Greys in my late teens. Like I said, I’ve work to improve upon that method, something that Jester and Iris will be the first to try. But yes, that will work. I can build it in my free time while the girls rest. It’ll be a little before Jester gets that far anyway.”

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:58 am

"We can build that here and have it ready for you to ship to Naza. It's not that difficult a task. It's the least we can contribute for harboring and safeguarding Jester. I hope she finally heals under your care," Medrike nods.
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:00 pm

Gavin modded. "Of that, I have no doubt. She is the future. What that means, we can only wait and see, but the future lies with her. When the time is right and she has faced her trials, she will decide her fate and future. To be the next guiding light, the next darkness, or even just another person in a sea of faces, all that is her choice." He then gave another nod, more an affirmation to himself than anything. He saw great things for Jester. In his mind, she could be the bridge that existed in this realm among the so called gods of the galaxy. She would see from so many perspectives, far more than any of them could see and be capable of leading the galaxy into a new age. But that was just his thought and hope. "But that is all I wished to speak to you about."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:58 pm

"Are you sure that is all?" Medrike sipped her tea with a coy smirk, her voice, fluttering with weaves in the force. "Not that you needed my permission to become romantic with Samantha. I am happy for her, the arranged marriage left her devastated. And it seems you too, have a taller step to your walk. You faced quite the hardships in life. It shows, you're happier too."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Gavin lifted an eyebrow, not the slightest sign of a smile upon his face. "All that I felt the need to convey to you. Samantha certainly wasn't among them. Of all things, our relationship isn't something I was concerned about having someone's permission in." He leaned back in his chair a bit, his voice not once implying any form of agitation at the mention of Samantha, his words a mere statement and nothing more. "Indeed we are happier, but it doesn't change reality outside of it. There is work to be done with many more hardships on the way."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:57 pm

"Once the machines are crushed there will be more time for family and love. All roads will lead to Raxus, or defeat...depending how we move," she was a little surprised by his response, but she understood, "we have our tasks. When would you like these designs complete Master Gavin?"
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:36 pm

"Indeed, they will. It’ll certainly be a difficult road. The way it sounds, the Machines have made a very quick campaign already in securing many worlds. It’s hard to think about but we may lose half the galaxy before this is over with. Try to help and defend where we can, but ultimately we’ll have to hold back quite a bit in order to make that one push at their main base. Such is the price of such a war."

He then rolled his eyes at the word master. He hated titles. Even Jester wouldn’t get away with calling him that. Still, he said. I thing about it. "Whenever you can is fine. It won’t be required for a little while so there’s no rush."

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:06 am

"We will find a way," Medrike spoke with assurance, "we must. We will have those designs ready for you soon. I won't keep you further. Take care."
Gavin Phoenix

Post by Gavin Phoenix » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:26 am

"Of that, I am certain. We may lose much, but we will obtain victory. For all their advances, we beat them once. We are much more prepared, even if they are as well. In the end, he will lose again and Miko and I will ensure it is the last time."

When Medrike felt all was said and was ready to let him go, he stood with a nod. "Remember. Any tasks needed not involving the Machines that can be handled by one, let me know." Giving a final nod, the shadows of the room wrapped around him before dispersing and leaving her alone.

Theme of Gavin Phoenix

Medrike

Post by Medrike » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:16 pm

Medrike nodded as he whisked away into the shadows. She knew her part to play in all this was coming soon, even she would be on Raxus by the end of this. She suspected that many would join in, even unsavory types, to see the great machine fall. She extended her hand and levitated a hair brush to it. She ran the brush through her hair and tilted her ear a bit as if to hear around her, "Shas'O my darling? Can you put in those orders for Gavin?" Her voice resonated through her chambers as she ran the brush over and over through her golden locks.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Medrike brushed her hair as she felt hot tears roll down her face. She felt the deaths of the clone babies, and her many children falling in battle. A fire lit in her eyes as her grieving was more out of anger. She was not a helpless goddess, and it seemed that the galaxy cried out for her more every day, like a hungry infant. The Dynasty had been approaching the problem piecemeal. It was time for her to get involved. Kuat was still under attack, but they needed to attack the sources of the Machine Empire production. The force generators and helix containment units needed to be silenced. Iron hail was starting to prod the Dynasty. His puppet sith were causing great damages and death and he had yet to involve himself beyond his generals. He was waiting to strike the Dynasty and most likely the Grey Jedi. It was about to get worse she felt.
Zalus Bidan

Post by Zalus Bidan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:45 pm

On many screens in the marketplace shortly after the explosion, the video feed of Medrike turning into a human was shown, with the words, ::We know know the lie, Anguish is only human.:: Small explosions went off all over the market place. Causing injuries and panic.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 pm

*A surge of Force energy emanated from the depths of the Cathedral as Kurayami stepped through the portal he had created on Kamino. He was still rather disappointed and also quite angry at his fleet for having not shown up in orbit or to provide cover fire during the battle at Tipoca City. Had they come when called then he was sure much of the destruction could have been mitigated to some degree. He began removing his armor and setting it aside to work on later. It would take time and much focus but he was needing to rest, recharge, and heal. Once his armor was removed he sat down on the edge of the bed as he closed his eyes and allowed himself to slip into a trance to diagnose his injuries from the battle more in depth.

He had noticed the muscle tears and hairline fractures easily as he was leaving Kamino, but it was only now that he started to realize there was more damage done than first he had realized. There was damage to much more of the skeletal structure and a few tendons and ligaments were stretched nearly to broken with some of the tears in them reaching threequarters of the way through, damage to the lungs, internal bleeding though was the most pressing concern. Many blood vessels had burst under the strain of the near continuous Force usage throughout the battle. Slipping deeper into the healing trance he began the long process of repairing the damage done. How many hours past as he worked through healing the damage was lost to him, it could have been a day or longer for all he knew. All that mattered was that everything was healed perfectly.

Finally finishing the last of the healing he stood and stretched as he walked up behind Medrike, wrapping her in a gentle embrace as he did so, leaning over and kissing the top of her head before he spoke.*

"Kamino did not go well, but I am sure that is not something I need to tell you, I know you felt what happened there. I only regret that I was not able to protect more of your children, my love. The time for our strike is nearing, all lines that lead to it are shortening. Raxus is where all will be decided in the end, but I still see that their strikes are not finished. They still believe they can win, Soon their time will be at an end, for now though we must stay ready as I cannot tell where their next targets will be."

*Kissing the top of her head once more he walked over to where his armor lay and began removing the systems that needed repair as well as allowing him to work on the plates without worrying about damaging any sensitive electronics during the process. As he had not passed through the Marketplace itself this time and due to the sheer focus of healing the damage done on Kamino, he had not taken note of the fact that somehow, someone had found a video of Medrike reverting to her human form nor the fact that it had been played. While he did feel the injuries that took place after, he was not sure if it was something left over after feeling so many deaths on Kamino or if it had to do with something else.*
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
As a demon it uses it's power to rain death upon the land, and then it dies
However after a period of slumber Razgriz returns...
Amidst the eternal waves of time
From a ripple of change shall the storm rise
Out of the abyss peer the eyes of a demon
Behold the Razgriz, its wings of black sheath
The demon soars through dark skies
Fear and death trail its shadow beneath
Until men united wield a hallowed sabre
In final reckoning, the beast is slain
As the demon sleeps, man turns on man
His own blood and madness soon cover the earth
From the depths of despair awaken the Razgriz
Its raven wings ablaze in majestic light.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Medrike sunk into his touch, as if he had only been gone for a few minutes, time meant nothing to either of them, they were as good as ageless. She knew he would always return, but her heart was indeed heavy. "I fear we will lose many more children to the Machines. I felt Rayce, and as dogmatic as he was, he was loyal. He will get full honors within these halls. These losses need to stop, we've been approaching it all piecemeal. Kuat is under attack as we speak, I suggest we do our best to keep Kuat operational to replace any warships the Jedi or other factions may lose. As for the current situation here, someone is clearly trying to disrupt things at home. That will get dealt with swiftly, and I believe my time to remain in my chambers is coming to a close. Once we have an open window to raxus, we take it."
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:37 pm

*Feeling her sink into his touch Kurayami sighed. War was something that wore on everyone involved, no matter how powerful or how many battles one had seen. The faces and tactics changed but the nature never would. It was born of little more than the desire to destroy. Yes, the Machines posed a great threat to the galaxy and it was clear that they had no intention of finding any sort of middle ground. Either organic life would be swept away or they would be an ultimatum that meant the fate of the galaxy hinged on the outcome of Raxus. When she mentioned Rayce's falling in battle, Kurayami sighed and bowed his head.

"While true that he and I did not see eye--to-eye on many things there was never a doubt as to his loyalty to you or the Protectorate. He fought and died for us with great zeal. His name is one that shall not be forgotten, not shall the sacrifice he made be in vain. Were he not granted full honors it would be the same as spitting on his grave. I agree that the losses need to stop, and yet I know you are right that still we will lose more to these attacks. Kuat will remain operational, though it will take some time to get it back to full capacity once the fighting is concluded. Replacing the warships will be no easy task, but while my company has been producing warships and preparing clones for some time, we have done so at only a percentage of full capacity. We will ramp up production to full wartime capacity."

*Her mention of someone attempting to disrupt things at home made him realize that what he had heard earlier was not simply live fire training. He took a deep breath and re-centered himself as he asked the question that he had no real want to.*

"How are they trying to disrupt things here? Through what means?"

*When Medrike mentioned striking at Raxus once the opportunity presented itself he could not help but agree. They would only get one chance to strike at the targets, and the window would be small so everything would have to go off with very few issues.*

You are correct, love. The window of opportunity we will have to strike when it presents itself is small and as such all must go perfectly. As soon as the window is open we will strike. Iron Hail will fall."
When history witnesses a great change Razgriz reveals itself, first as a dark demon
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:14 pm

"I know very little about how they are trying to disrupt, as it just happened, but somehow footage was revealed of my human form. There were explosions and loud audio recordings of someone saying that I am an actual person, not an entity," she looked at the door, half expecting templars to be on guard with weapons at the ready, but they weren't.

She turned to look up at her beloved Kurayami and smiled with sad eyes, "I think the Machines are attempting to close in on us now. Very few would ever bother with footage like that, and our enemies are few. The days of Sarian and Sinistra are long over, I sincerely doubt someone from that camp would have it out for us. Or is even alive to cause harm. They can't hit us directly without cost, even with their sith allies. My guess is an affiliated third party. Things are too good here to cause civil strife."
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:03 pm

"I too am confused as to what exactly they are trying to do. If they plan on inciting a revolution, then it would seem that they could have chosen a far better place to start. Instead, they choose the capital of the Protectorate, trying to sow the seeds of doubt in a populous who likely would not be too shaken to find out that you were indeed a physical entity. Even were it to cause some to doubt, such footage can easily be explained as propaganda created in a desperate attempt to destabilize us at the source. Such an explanation may be sufficient..."

*He trailed off a moment as he thought through other possible explanations. It didn't seem to be too hard to reassure the population most times. In fact there may be an even easier one that would be almost guaranteed to work.*

"Or we tell them a version of the truth. The dragon in the video was Anguish deciding to take human form to better protect her children, to better understand their pain and suffering. Say that she wished for this to be kept secret until the time to remove the greatest threat had come, and though the time was not quite right, that she is undeterred by such a development. The explosions I would assume are simply the third party trying to show that the city is vulnerable to attack, and yet they did little damage that cannot be quickly repaired. Your children are so dedicated that I can see either explanation working just fine."

*Kurayami was also surprised at the fact that the Templars did not appear with weapons at the ready. Was it because he was here or did they somehow expect something along these lines to happen? When she turned to him and smiled sadly up at him, she would find the look mirrored on his features. He simply held her tight, knowing that he would not lose her no matter what was to come, yet still relishing the small amount of time they were allowed right now.*

"Again, I must agree with you, whoever this third party is has been lead by the Machines to think that they will gain something from this. Whatever they hoped to do has likely already failed as there is little damage done, injuries did not seem to be great and the panic was not long lived."
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:44 pm

"In due time, all will know of me, and my love," she sunk into his embrace, "The Jedi, the Sith, the Republic. They will all see me for what I am and what the Dynasty is. I will heal Raxus of the plight of the Machines and the pollution of that world. If my children are hungry for an answer, I will give them one when the time is right."

"We will still need to care for those injured, and I am sure medicus teams are on it. Do not worry about the templars, they know their place. Their attempts to draw me out have not succeeded. If anything it just shows that the enemy is finally ready for a head to head confrontation. And even without Rayce their victory over him will be short lived," Medrike had a thoughtful smile on her face, "his replacement has been sleeping for a very long time."
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:49 pm

"I know you had not planned on remaining hidden forever, and we both knew that this was a possibility...still it seemed far more remote. Now we are being forced into revealing the truth sooner than we had hoped."

*He sighed as she sunk into his arms, kissing the top of her head as she did so."

"Perhaps once this is more well known then they can be convinced that we are not quite so problematic as many seem to think we are. Once the containment units around Raxus have been destroyed the healing will be able to take place. That may be the best time to reveal the fact that all that was shown from this terror attack was not entirely false, let them know through the healing of Raxus that you are indeed a physical being."

"So far as I am aware the injured are being assessed and treated according to severity. It will take time to get them all accounted for, but I have full faith in our Medicus teams, I am not concerned about the Templars, it was more me voicing thoughts as I processed everything. I was unaware that Rayce had a replacement waiting, though it is comforting to know such."

The thoughtful smile on Medrike's face brought only a slightly quirked eyebrow from Kurayami as he awaited her response. He was just happy to be here for the moment, able to recover from the fight and get everything repaired for the next confrontation.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:53 pm

"Emery Satzmiri," Medrike smirked, "he was the former Knight of Anguish commander, but lost in a duel to Alexar Wrynn, forty years ago. He was pronounced dead but he had been rendered in a coma. He's been on ice ever since the event. He will be woken up and put to task with the knights. He is not as...zealous as Rayce was. I think you'll be able to reason and coordinate with him far better. He was one of the first knights we had." She closed her eyes and pressed her ear to his chest, the thrum of his heart brining her comfort.
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:47 pm

"Emery Satzmiri?" Kurayami repeated the name as though trying to recall who this person was, even if he had never heard the name before. It was at this point that Medrike provided an explanation as to who the aforementioned man was. "I see. The fact that he is a bit more logical and not quite as zealous. Rayce will be mourned though, even if he and I rarely saw things in a similar perspective, there was still a great amount of respect for the other as a warrior. The fact that you are able to rouse one of the first Knights from a long slumber is good, though some of the changes may take some time for him to absorb." When she laid her head on his chest to listen to his heartbeat he focused on his breathing, trying to keep his heart rate steady, and turning the feeling of comfort coming from her into a loop.
Medrike

Post by Medrike » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:31 pm

"it was before you were ever involved. It was when the entirety of the Tau Ceti Mercenary guild was completely underground, and building momentum right under Sarians nose. It was before the Kuat incident when Sarian tried to prod us, and then we showed our true teeth. That was an interesting moment for the man when Raul had him surrounded in the streets of Kuat. Times have changed, and the people in the galaxy have too. Yet I sense his spirit is still alive in some of the mandalorians that still roam. As long as you're alive you're a bit of a boogeyman to the mandalorian people. Like an urban legend, as most people who were alive at that time may as well be in retirement homes and eating a daily regimen of applesauce and medicine," Medrike giggled and nuzzled Kurayami. "When all this is over, I think it will change many things, I think many eyes may be fixed on the Dynasty, and what we are capable of. Some may fear us, and may make us enemies when Iron Hail is defeated. Especially now that Samantha took executive control from the senate until Iron Hail is pronounced dead."
Kurayami Bloodborn

Post by Kurayami Bloodborn » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:02 pm

"Quite interesting, indeed. Doesn't overly surprise me that the man was one who served before my involvement. Though I have been part of the Protectorate for a decent amount of time now, it is very short compared to the amount of time that it has existed in some form or another. I do remember well Sarian's obsession with wiping out the Tau Ceti. I do not recall being at any conflicts where I had to engage the Tau Ceti in combat, but it would have been worth it to see the look on Sarian's face when he realized he was surrounded.

Time is ever in flux, always changing. That is why though my skill with Shatterpoint is useful it is not as accurate given the rate things have been happening at. I have not been able to devote as much time to following the interconnecting lines of the Force. Sarian's ideals will sadly survive even though I did make an attempt to eliminate them. It was almost a success, but not all who held onto those views were able to be located, or if they were, they were using places of refuge to keep themselves safe while indoctrinating others. You are right in that to some I am a boogeyman, a story some use to scare their children I am sure. Especially after having lead Deathwatch and taking the mantle of 'Te Darasuum' or 'The Eternal' during my time as their leader. Those who survived may also be eating through a tube."

*As she nuzzled him he tightened his grip around her waist, kissing the top of her head again. What she said was true, and it was not something he was looking forward to if he were honest with himself.*

"Unfortunately you are correct. Many will focus on us many out of fear and others out of respect. Those who still see themselves as part of a defunct Republic will make us out to be evil due in no small part to Samantha's actions. I would have advised her not to do so, but given all that has happened and the minor to non-existent response from planetary defense forces against the ME incursions, I am honestly surprised that she did not do so earlier. If she does relinquish control though once Iron Hail falls, it may assuage the fears of many whom would otherwise mark us as an enemy."
Raith Dorn
Mandalorian
Mandalorian

Post by Raith Dorn » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:01 pm

The holo projector flickered to life and a one way projection appeared of Raith. It was designed that way so anyone who needed to reach the Archangel could, but could not see what was going on in the chambers for the security of Medrike.

::Archangel Bloodborn, Machine activity has increased in the western reaches after the bombings of baktoid industries. I am sending my own forces to combat the skirmish on Hypori, but I am requesting permission to send scouting probes into the mid rim to record fleet movements of the machines. Maybe we can get a read on their next move. As they are spread out multiple sectors of space. If we can find a way to pinpoint their base of operations we can begin to liberate the mid rim.::
Droids are better...people just make problems.

Return to “City of Uhl Turhaya”